Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

just got me a Scindo on PS4 Daily Login :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I was able to log in! And then the game wouldn't close my daily reward window so I had to alt-f4.

E: I'm in! Also there is a Potato alert for another 22 minutes on Saturn.

E2: The servers are making GBS threads themselves, goddamn

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 6, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Improbable Lobster posted:

I was able to log in! And then the game wouldn't close my daily reward window so I had to alt-f4.

I managed to get in and get the Tenno Lab building in my clan's base, then my mouse stopped working!

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

E: I'm in! Also there is a Potato alert for another 22 minutes on Saturn.

It's just a Cell.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is this the update with the new melee system? I don't see anything in the patch notes about it.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Where is the building Lab in goon dojo?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

NeurosisHead posted:

Is this the update with the new melee system? I don't see anything in the patch notes about it.
No.

j5mello
Jul 23, 2008
I'm hearing that at whatever tier 4chan (WarBros) is at, the new frame requires 50k oxium for the BP and 10k for each part for the research

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh my god why is the new hud shaking around when I turn? Who the hell thought this vomit inducing poo poo was a good idea?

**There's an option to turn it off, thank god.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 6, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You need FIVE HUNDRED Oxium as the smallest clan size to start Zephyr research.

I just bought the drat thing to tinker with it since I'm out of frames anyway, has a D-Polarity Aura, and Attack and Tactical Warframe slots, if anyone's wondering.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
New UI tip: Go into your options and turn off HUD Motion under the gameplay tab, unless you like having your energy number off the screen half the time.

Also the new extermination counter is annoying to me; 87/101 is a lot harder to parse for me than 14 enemies remaining.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Lab will start building after this reactor finishes (we needed the energy first). I do not need your Forma. We have a shitload (150+) in the vault.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Interception levels: Piss-easy to play in groups, drat near impossible to solo.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Just ran across a new Grineer enemy type: Frost Leader, a blue/white lancer that used Snow Globe. :gonk: I think I know the real reason they nerfed that skill...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ullerrm posted:

Interception levels: Piss-easy to play in groups, drat near impossible to solo.

It'll probably be a lot of fun once it's on an actually difficult planet.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

The Hyena fight on Neptune has changed significantly -- you now fight an entire pack of Hyenas, each with different abilities. And one of them managed to clip through the wall and become invincible :P

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The HUD needs to have its components increased in size by like 2x to 5x. Holy poo poo is it tiny. The health section needs to be way bigger, and every other part could be larger as well.

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
Polarity rearrangement is in. I can now sperg and reorganize all my terribly ordered polarities.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ullerrm posted:

The Hyena fight on Neptune has changed significantly -- you now fight an entire pack of Hyenas, each with different abilities. And one of them managed to clip through the wall and become invincible :P

That sounds really really cool.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ullerrm posted:

That last one's a pretty good ability, I gotta say.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

That sounds really really cool.

Except that the triggers are completely busted; some of them spawn in the walls, and it's impossible to actually beat the event. Nobody I know has completed the fight since the patch.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

A really nice thing they didn't mention is that the HUD now shows the duration of your abilities and status effects.

However, in true DE fashion, it shows the timer of anyone on your team with the same ability active where it would show yours. When I had world on fire up at the same time as another Ember Prime it just ticked between the two numbers as fast as it could.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo, I have 2 orokin cells, no clue where I got them.

Guess all I need are the other 2 rhino parts, the blueprint and I can shove it into the oven. :woop:

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
So Steel Charge has 10 ranks now, so if you max it, you can give 28 points on a v polarity aura. Seems legit.

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
So Valkyr hits really hard now.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Well I was going to post a screenshot of my dread critting for 22k but you took a big poo poo all over that.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Lagonazer posted:

So Valkyr hits really hard now.

Any weapon/crit numbers you can provide for those? They factor into Hysteria damage now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

zgrowler2 posted:

Any weapon/crit numbers you can provide for those? They factor into Hysteria damage now.
Hysteria is bugged.

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
I was just using unforma'd dual zorens. 2/2/43 and 68 gas. 5.7x and 40.0% crit.

Biotact and I were in a mobdef when our damage numbers started exponentially increasing for no reason. It's probably a bug and I can't replicate the numbers.

E: ^^^ yep

Lagonazer fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Feb 6, 2014

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Anybody else finding the new UI a big pain in the rear end to read? I can barely tell which yellow dot is the exit during survival missions, and using the map overlay causes the air meter to be off screen.

Are the drop tables for endless defense on the wiki wrong? I've gotten to wave 15 and 20 and I still get speed trigger and other uncommon mods for my rewards even though it should be tier 3 by then right?

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
The new HUD is definitely garbage. You can change the display boundaries in the options and that helps a bit, but a lot of it is too far out of sight or unreadable. Why do I have a power selector under my reticle, but not ammo or energy? I can't read those once things start exploding. Then for some reason Blessing is only lasting 15 seconds now. Did they cap the invincibility time without telling us?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You can also disable the swaying movement, which helps a bit. I'll give it a couple weeks to get used to it because there are several new features I like (sentinel status, ability cooldowns/status, radial gear menu), but while I wouldn't call it garbage it's certainly not amazing.

The Blessing thing may be a bug. It's a big update, there will likely be several hotfixes over the rest of the week to smooth things out.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Remember back when we'd complain about it taking four days to build a warframe? I miss those days. Here's the new standard: one day to build the dojo room, three days to research the frame, three days to research the parts, one day to build the parts, three days to build the frame...for a grand total of eleven days. Nearly half a month, and this is assuming you have a dojo capable of supporting a tenno research lab, and that you layer the parts on top of each other, and that you're there to start the next step immediately with no "dead air" between each step.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I gotta say I really, REALLY hate the new markers for the map and HUD, it really feels like they clash with the new hud's style and the old ones would have looked less out of place, oh they also all look the loving same. The new HUD in general needs a lot of work, like while I was playing tonight I didn't even notice there were ability timers because everything is so goddamn small.

Mod stacking would be a lot nicer if you could just click it multiples times to add more of a mod instead of having to pick a number to fuse.

Interception had no enemies show up at all when I tried it, and the rewards were particularly lovely compared to competing modes.

I'm hoping they come up with some hackneyed event to reset some of the starmap soon, because while it's great to be able to farm oxium on an asteroid base tileset, I'd love to have the option of doing it anywhere else.

Aside from the issues with seemingly everything that was changed/added, I think this is a pretty good update. The hud certainly has a lot of problems, but most of them seem like they will probably be changed somewhat quickly (I guess a hotfix that just went out made the minimap bigger?) but it seems like it will be quite good once they get the size and such sorted. The mod stacking is acceptable, and makes fusing a lot simpler. In usual DE style most of the update looks like there was no communication or testing at all before it went out, but hopefully it will be fixed by the weekend.

Also it seems a new Darvo alert is up, reward is a forma like last time, gonna wait to do it till tomorrow myself though, it's got 4 days and 8 hours left on it, so no rush.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Looks like if you manage to get into the Darvo alert multiple times (via invite) you get those 3 orokin cells each time (you don't get the forma).

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

AndroidHub posted:

Interception had no enemies show up at all when I tried it, and the rewards were particularly lovely compared to competing modes.

I got a Hell's Chamber from an interception mission :smugdog:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Is there a way to have chat not fade out after a few seconds of inactivity all the time? I would like to see clan chat going on but its a pain to constantly keep the chat window up.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
So I just ran a mission next to a brand new birdframe and holy poo poo. That things puts out so much visual pollutants, that my screen was bright and jiggly just from turning in her direction. That shield she has is particularly annoying, but when the tornadoes hit, watch the gently caress out.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Sleepy Owl posted:

I got a Hell's Chamber from an interception mission :smugdog:

I got split chamber from the Darvo mission. :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

troublegum
Mar 31, 2013

Denzine posted:

A while ago I ran into a kid who got his parents to buy him some plat so he could get Nekros for his birthday.

:smith:

:stare:

:cripes:

Nekros: the Waframe equivalent of a pair of socks and a sweater knitted by your gran.