Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Themata posted:

Maximize then window your screen. Sometimes it freezes up on the screen but the game keeps running and that seems to 'refresh' it.

No dice. It just crashes the client outright, and doesn't do anything in Firefox or IE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Demon drop table rework is in. You can only get the new weapons when working on a slayer assignment for Abyssal Demons.

Also the squeal being changed to Treasure Hunter thing is in.

Also in patch notes, some of the more important ones:
:siren:Clans with tier 6 or 7 kilns will now find they can more easily access this plot as the conveyor belt blocking the middle has been removed. :siren:
A 'dig' option has been added to all relevant clue scrolls, allowing use of the spade from the tool belt.
The Salve amulet bonus against undead creatures has been updated to make it more useful.

There's more, but those were the ones that stuck out to me.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kgummy posted:

Also in patch notes, some of the more important ones:
:siren:Clans with tier 6 or 7 kilns will now find they can more easily access this plot as the conveyor belt blocking the middle has been removed. :siren:

It's about time! The kiln was the only plot with a literal downgrade in higher tiers.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Kgummy posted:

A 'dig' option has been added to all relevant clue scrolls, allowing use of the spade from the tool belt.

Oh joy, an additional inventory slot I can now collect buttons/rust swords in!!! Really I wish if you had a dig clue in your inventory you could just right click dig on the ground that would make things so much easier.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
This thread needs content so here's a bunch!

Here is the difference the Scroll of Cleansing can make for Miscellenia:

So you can imagine the profit that comes out of this:

It's this much:

Lovely Falador:

Lovely Farming :unsmigghh::

Blue dragons profit while the craze was still high:

This is the most baffling of all:

Who... :stare::stare::stare: WHO I ask would be buying dwellberries for this drat much?!

:pervert:

Saw this and thought of Dying and Lgimmvp

Proof that Jagex doesn't playtest poo poo

Citadel map

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Naw that's just the T8 citadel - the infitadel.

Has anyone ever had any content with this warbands group: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/c=Srq8o42RixU/sl=0/forums.ws?45,46,80,65279821,goto,1

They seem very serious business, but if they can manage to be serious business without being utter sperglords (who am I kidding of course they're sperglords, the real question is are they such unbearable sperglords that I can't deal with them for half an hour a day for loot) then I'd be interested in running their shenanigans and getting ranked. Just curious if anyone has tried - if not, I will be the Jane Puball and go live among the chimpubzees for a time and make a trip report of my adventures into the pubbie jungle. Who knows, maybe they're not completely terrible.

E: Super barebones Farming run checklist - bushes, allotments, herbs, and mushrooms only - this is meant to go alongside Themata's and be something to use when you're not doing your daily extended run that includes trees and shops

Requirements for this that I can think of:
Lumb/Draynor Medium tasks, Ardougne Hard (Elite is bettter) tasks, Falador Hard tasks, whatever quests give you the Ectophial and Magic Secateurs, and My Arm's Big Adventure done (gives you a no-disease herb patch)
Enough stats to cast Trollheim Teleport
Morytania Medium (Hard?) tasks will keep your mushrooms from ever dying
Ability to cast Trollheim Teleport
Ability to use Fairy Rings without dramen/lunar staff (grab one of them from your bank in step 1 if you're a scrub and need the thing)

1) Go to bank, grab 24 allotment seeds, 5 herb seeds, 4 bush seeds, one morcella mushroom seed, ardougne cloak 3+, explorer's ring 3+, Falador Shield 3+, Magic Secateurs, Ectophial, two Law Runes, and two Fire Runes
2) Warp to Trollheim, we're doing that herb patch first to free up the inv slots from the runes. Skip to step 4 if you haven't done the quest (I don't blame you it's a dumb quest line)
3) Go West, Pay Troll Toll, Enter Boy's Hole aka Troll Stronghold. Go South, then West through the door, then North to the ladder. Climb up, enjoy disease free herb patch. Supercompost recommended still, it increases herb output and is easy as gently caress to make (use pineapples, they're dirt cheap). Plant your most expensive herb seeds here (Lantadyme)
4) Lodestone to Canifis, run Southwest to Mushroom patch. Harvest mushrooms, replant. Step into fairy ring.
5) Warp to CIP, it's your kingdom.
6) Run East, chop a bit of wood to keep your approval topped out, run East some more to the Bush Patch on the eastern island. Harvest, clear, replant.
7) Lodestone to Port Sarim, run West to Rimmington bush patch. Harvest, clear, replant.
8) Lodestone to Varrock, run West and South a little to the bush patch. Harvest, clear, replant.
9) Pop the Kandarin Monastery teleport on your Ardougne Cape. If you don't have the cape, just skip this step because the bush patch sucks to get to without it and isn't worth the time and effort. Go to step 11
10) Step outside to your bush patch. Harvest, clear, replant.
11) Cabbageport! BRASSICA PRIME PROTECTS AND GUIDES THE IMPERIUM OF CABBAGEKIND! CABBAGE MARINES! FARM THE ALLOTMENT PATCH! FOR THE EMPEROR! (I love WH40K fluff even if I don't play it)
12) Lodestone to Ardougne or pop your cape teleport to get there faster if you're not a scrub. Do your thing. Patch is northeast of Lodestone if you don't already know
13) Ectophial, go west to patch. Do what you do. Swear profusely because your Lantadymes are dead because Morytania is a shithole :mad:
14) Lodestone to Catherby, go South to the bank, grab 15 pineapples. Drop noted stuff off to make room for fruit+buckets.
15) Go to patch, empty compost bin and refill it with pineapples, shut bin to start compost. Harvest and replant patches.
16, optional) Go to bank, drop your poo poo off, grab a fruit tree, go east, harvest clear replant.

In general, if at any point you realize you're low on supercompost, just lodestone to Lunar Isle, drop off all your noted crap to make room, and grab pineapples before your next allotment patch, Morytania excepting because, again, Morytania is a shithole and doesn't have a bin. The other three have compost buckets. I always make supercompost at Catherby because it's the most convenient, and one batch is enough to cover one run.

Regarding flower patches - do the Falador Hard tasks, plant White Lillies in your flower patches, and never look back. Snape Grass is the only flower worth any decent XP and is expensive as hell because of it, you're better off with White Lillies protecting your allotments. Also it makes supercompost numbers line up neatly if you've done My Arm's Big Adventure - one run, one bin.

Magres fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 4, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Magres posted:

Naw that's just the T8 citadel - the infitadel.

Has anyone ever had any content with this warbands group: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/c=Srq8o42RixU/sl=0/forums.ws?45,46,80,65279821,goto,1

They seem very serious business, but if they can manage to be serious business without being utter sperglords (who am I kidding of course they're sperglords, the real question is are they such unbearable sperglords that I can't deal with them for half an hour a day for loot) then I'd be interested in running their shenanigans and getting ranked. Just curious if anyone has tried - if not, I will be the Jane Puball and go live among the chimpubzees for a time and make a trip report of my adventures into the pubbie jungle. Who knows, maybe they're not completely terrible.

They're pro at warbands but holy loving hell they're taking the :spergin: and turning it into an autism awareness day. Like endless rules, stupid rear end randomized item requirements and all sorts of cloaks and daggers to avoid a handful of pkers.

Every non-casual warband clan will make you miserable.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

In general, if at any point you realize you're low on supercompost, just lodestone to Lunar Isle, drop off all your noted crap to make room, and grab pineapples before your next allotment patch, Morytania excepting because, again, Morytania is a shithole and doesn't have a bin. The other three have compost buckets. I always make supercompost at Catherby because it's the most convenient, and one batch is enough to cover one run.

They took away the bin on the southeast corner of the plot? :confused:

Serious question because that's where it was, but I haven't done a plot run in forever.

e: Using Themata's pic:

It would be the upper left corner of the screenshot behind the exp circle thingymajig. If you look at the minimap there is a little bend in the fence. It should be there.

e2: Wait, what the hell is growing in your allotments?

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 4, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Spergminer posted:

They're pro at warbands but holy loving hell they're taking the :spergin: and turning it into an autism awareness day. Like endless rules, stupid rear end randomized item requirements and all sorts of cloaks and daggers to avoid a handful of pkers.

Every non-casual warband clan will make you miserable.

Yeah, figures. I'm vaguely hoping they're less serious on the inside but not expecting much. I've seen groups that look super spergy from outside then chill the gently caress out once you get in.

In other news, holy poo poo Ruse just got chain-crashed. SO MUCH FUN. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:

I threw away like six sets of gear brawling and I don't even care, each set costs me like 50k and I've made at least like 5 mill in the past few days in money saved by getting fuckloads of Herb XP.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 4, 2014

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

e2: Wait, what the hell is growing in your allotments?

The bin is behind the minimap just out of shot.

I believe those are sunchokes growing in the attolment. There very cheap (1 gp each and you can get 100k+ of them from wishing well fruits) and give better exp than watermelons. Also I think the give defense or strength exp as well.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man, I can't wait for 87 farm. Though what I really want are Fly Traps, cause gently caress thieving twice (and yet, I want/need 91 thieving for the Desert tasks, even though I know I will never finish that Dominion Tower task)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

allta posted:

The bin is behind the minimap just out of shot.

I believe those are sunchokes growing in the attolment. There very cheap (1 gp each and you can get 100k+ of them from wishing well fruits) and give better exp than watermelons. Also I think the give defense or strength exp as well.

Sunchoke is the yellow flowers and the green/red ones are Fly Traps.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Weirdly, out of everything that's gone on in the past, like, six months, it's the revelation that I can add something of marginal value to my herb runs that makes me want to play. loving game.

I failed to secure a premier club membership, though, because I waited until the last moment to try to make the order and then my bank decided that a purchase placed with a UK company was suspicious activity and put a hold on my cards that couldn't come off until the promotion ended the next day. Oh well.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I'm really glad they added more high-level seeds to farming. It gives me something to look forward to other then constantly growing trees. I wish there were a few more mid-level seeds for where I'm at, though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Updated OP with information about Treasure Hunter.

I assume the 'dont buy spins' rule applies here as well, but the updated loot tables might change that? I got extremely lucky with my daily three keys (large cash bag, mimic pet, large prism star) but I can imagine someone getting jack poo poo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rafzakael posted:

Updated OP with information about Treasure Hunter.

I assume the 'dont buy spins' rule applies here as well, but the updated loot tables might change that? I got extremely lucky with my daily three keys (large cash bag, mimic pet, large prism star) but I can imagine someone getting jack poo poo.

If double spins happen again, i'll buy another 150(75x2) for science?

ninja e: Only if my old spreadsheet exists, the one where we had all of our skill levels on it or whatever. If not then I can't compare before and after so screw you guys for losing it.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Totally dry at abyssal demons after 370 kills on two tasks. Figured I'd go solo mage at arma gwd for a bit, oh hey a grave -

:stare: (Berserker ring, fury, one helm, and one set of gloves + diamond bolts were on the grave)

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Can't match that but for anyone curious about the profitability of the new abby demons (sans wand :() here is the loot from 186.

(+140k cash from contract +60k cash from pickups)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
:siren: Magic Notepaper can now be traded/sold on GE :siren:

Might want to consider buying some since I can almost be certain they'll skyrocket in price once the supply runs out.

I decided to go ahead and drop 20 dollars on keys (75), for research purposes, and also because I'm an idiot.

First of all, here are my stats:

I have Fishing and Woodcutting frozen since, well, 99. Colors are, in order of least to most rare: White, Yellow, Orange, Red, Purple

Results:

Far right chest (10):

500 Magic Notepaper (Orange)
Prismatic Small Fallen Star (White)
3 Blue Dragonhide (White)
50 Magic Notepaper (White)
20 Yew Logs (White)
Small Prismatic Lamp (White)
Small Fallen Star (Runecrafting) (White)
Large XP Lamp (Runecrafting) (Red)
Teak Plank (White)

Top right chest (10):

5 Mahogany Planks (White)
Small Lamp (Strength) (White)
Archon Chest (Cosmetic) (Red)
Prismatic Medium Fallen Star (Yellow)
Small Lamp (Attack) (White)
250 Magic Notepaper (Yellow)

Center chest (10):

Medium Lamp (Construction) (Yellow)
30 Rune Arrows (White)
Mask of Reflection (Red)
Spirit Dragonstone (Yellow)
10 Cavefish (White)
Small Lamp (Divination) (White)
10 Magic Logs (White)

Top left chest (10):

Botanist's Top (Red) (!!!)
Medium Fallen Star (Ranged) (Yellow)
30 Runite Bolts (White)
Small Lamp (Hunter) (White)
10 Magic Logs (White)
Small Lamp (Attack) (White)
Large Lamp (Dungeoneering) (Red)
Medium Fallen Star (Defence) (Yellow)

Far left chest (10):

Large Fallen Star (Slayer) (Orange)
Small Lamp (Strength) (White)
Small Lamp (Dungeoneering) (White)
10 Runite Bolts (UNF wtf) (White)

Center Chest (25):

Small Fallen Star (Hunter) (White)
Large Star (Thieving) (Orange)
Medium Star (Ranged) (Yellow)
5 Raw Shark (White)
Medium Lamp (Thieving) (Yellow)
10 Cavefish (White)
10 Magic Logs (White)
Prismatic Large Star (Yellow)
3 Blue D-hide (White)
Large Star (Strength) (Orange)
Medium Star (Construction) (Yellow)
Prismatic Small Star (White)
Prismatic Large Star (Yellow)
Large Star (Attack) (Orange)
Small Star (Attack) (White)
Large Lamp (Firemaking) (Red)
Large Star (Dungeoneering) (Orange)
10 Teak Plank (White)
Large Star (Construction) (Orange)
Medium Star (Defence) (Yellow)
10 Magic Logs (White)
Medium Star (Mining) (Yellow)
Medium Star (Firemaking) (Yellow)
Prismatic Medium Star (Yellow)

I can't say I'm terribly upset, this is definitely better than I was expecting. Also, seriously, no coin bags.

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014
Finally joined the SA forums, do I get some sort of cool initiation tattoo or something?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I wonder how many frozen hearts we can earn. I really don't want any combat related exp.

There. Content. Now u.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
It's February, and that's Black History Month in the US. Now, there aren't a lot of black player characters or NPC's in Runescape because Jagex loves white people.

SO! Everyone git to the Makeover Mage, southwest of Falador and Northwest of the Clan Camp, and darken your character's skin a solid few shades for the month. Let's shame people into diversity!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Is flipping/the price-check thread still a thing?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
So I've got Runescape working now using Safe Mode. Hold the "s" key while Runescape is loading will load it in Safe Mode, then you can try changing the graphics settings to see what works for you, though in my case I have to leave it in Safe Mode or it crashes. Check it out if you're having lots of problems.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I wonder how many frozen hearts we can earn. I really don't want any combat related exp.

There. Content. Now u.

First here's this guy at the GE that was talking about how religion is the cause of all the world's evils, etc. etc. He wasn't insufferable and didn't even notice when I mentioned Reddit so I think he might just be kind of lonely.

Can anyone tell me what the heck this is? It's some weird cosmetic that shows up from time to time when I wield the Yahtzee stick and I have no idea what it is.

As you can see it also gets funky with my Armadyl Battlestaff. What the heck is it?

5 million easy after selling 100k water vials. :)

I did this to see if it'd sell for that much. It bought in three intervals of three seconds, 100 sheets each.

aoiefulkjkoahgaoohmygod a Kingly impling!! Wow I barely started that run and I got luck-

Another one!! :stonk: Another one another one!

A short, but good haul.

My second run had more implings, but less value GE wise

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

aoiefulkjkoahgaoohmygod a Kingly impling!! Wow I barely started that run and I got luck-

Another one!! :stonk: Another one another one!

You know, every time I go into that resource dungeon I haven't seen anything better than a magpie in it and even then that was once or twice. I can't help but :catstare: at your luck.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Themata posted:

Can anyone tell me what the heck this is? It's some weird cosmetic that shows up from time to time when I wield the Yahtzee stick and I have no idea what it is.

As you can see it also gets funky with my Armadyl Battlestaff. What the heck is it?

It's the effect that appears when you have a weapon and a Aura equipped, although it's real buggy and only shows up for a few weapons, and poorly at that.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Now that I've got the game out of the way, I can do fun stuff now right???

:unsmigghh:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Augster posted:

Now that I've got the game out of the way, I can do fun stuff now right???

:unsmigghh:

Crucible all day my man, go for it.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Rafzakael posted:

Crucible all day my man, go for it.

And then afking castle wars for the times when crucible is dead.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

sKai white posted:

Finally joined the SA forums, do I get some sort of cool initiation tattoo or something?

No but lowtax sends you a very nicely written letter from his mansion compound in the Phillipines

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Grats!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

For emphasis.

Disco Dickdog
Nov 30, 2007
The bragging thread has been updated for divination also it never got used so go use it here.

Edit: Don't fill in the # of 99's or Combat columns, it will do that for you because i am elite at programming or maybe I learned to use excel when I was five

Disco Dickdog fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 6, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3259#comic

:negative:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Woo, love when this piece of poo poo game breaks during warbands, locks up, and wipes out all of my warbands herblore loot for the day. Jagex is such a worthless company.

It was going to get me 83 herblore so I can boost to make super antifires, too. God damnit.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
7 rounds of Barrows got me this:

Today's impling haul:

Themata fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 6, 2014

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Finally got a Mimic pet, now have access to the Citadel, and then a random pubbie gave me 2.5mil worth of Rune Bars. Today is a good day.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

Abyssal demons came through

Sold for 17.25m and 16.5m-17m in items

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Bought a card thinking I could get steambux, but they don't do steam anymore. Saw RS was an option so I bought 20 keys instead for :10bux:

Here is what I got and what color it is:
-Med prism star (yellow)
-Sml prism star (white)
-Med HP star (yellow)
... i'd better freeze combat.
-Mimic (red) :kimchi:
-Sml prism star (white)
-50 Magic Notepaper (white)
-Sml prism star (white)
-10 Magic Logs (white)
-First Age Amulet (red) (heart of ice block)
-Sml prism star (white)
-Lrg wood star (orange)
-250 Magic Notepaper (yellow)
-5 Wine of Zam (yellow) (heart of ice block)
-Med range xp lamp (yellow)
-Med summon star (yellow)
-Leg Div xp lamp (red)
-Sml dg lamp (white)
-Sml prism star (white)
-Huge summon lamp (purple)
-Sml Smith crate (orange)

Wood exp: 38710 bonus
Range exp: 16829 exp
Dungeon exp: 8065 exp
Summon exp: 48972 exp 14692 bonus
Div exp: 14587 exp 29358 bonus