Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

I have the top left one somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Real Sociedads owngoal

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I've got this one somewhere. Also I got concussion wearing it (as a kid) and was more worried about getting blood on it than the dripping gash in my head.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Hegav posted:

Real Sociedads owngoal

That honestly looked shady as gently caress.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hegav posted:

Real Sociedads owngoal

La Liga defending :smuggo:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Hegav posted:

Real Sociedads owngoal

Why didn't that idiot just put the ball out of touch? :psyduck:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shoren posted:

Why didn't that idiot just put the ball out of touch? :psyduck:

He's trying to do just that, he has no idea who or what is behind him, so he goes for the opposite touchline. Unfortunately for him, the keeper gets in the way.

No need for :tinfoil:.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Pretty sure it's because he's normally a midfielder who was draughted into defence because of a sending off in the first half.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Ninpo posted:

He's trying to do just that, he has no idea who or what is behind him, so he goes for the opposite touchline. Unfortunately for him, the keeper gets in the way.

No need for :tinfoil:.

He could've tapped it out for a corner though instead of whipping a cross into his own box.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I bet if he could go back in time he would do things differently.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

El Hefe posted:

That honestly looked shady as gently caress.

I dont think it does

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

This guy has found himself back in training at Atletico Paranaense with some kind of a weird pay as you play contract and other clauses.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Charlotte Hornets posted:

This guy has found himself back in training at Atletico Paranaense with some kind of a weird pay as you play contract and other clauses.

The weight fluctuations Adriano goes through must make his body a total wreck.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

For a few months I remember thinking Adriano was the best striker in the world. Then he got into bulking and poor Brazil then had to play a world cup with Luís Fabiano leading the line and he sucks rear end.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gigi Galli posted:

The weight fluctuations Adriano goes through must make his body a total wreck.

definitely, the weight fluctuations are the thing that is fuckin up adriano's body.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

definitely, the weight fluctuations are the thing that is fuckin up adriano's body.

well, in addition to the other terrible things he does to himself

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I'm just astounded he's apparently getting any money at all still from football. He's the ultimate charlatan, and he loving owns.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Eau de MacGowan posted:

He's the ultimate charlatan, and he loving owns.

Wasnt there some other bazilian who literally faked being a professional football player as a career?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Not a well known player(though I guess he played some in Italy and Spain), but Jaime Ivan Kaviedes spent his last 5 years signing for any small team, getting paid, and then disappearing until the next season, and it somehow always worked.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Voluspa posted:

Wasnt there some other bazilian who literally faked being a professional football player as a career?

http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/06/18/carlos-henrique-kaiser-footballs-greatest-liar/

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
http://deadspin.com/obese-fans-will-get-discounts-special-wider-seats-at-t-1517466083

quote:

All 12 of the stadiums hosting 2014 World Cup matches will be either new or completely renovated, and a recently passed Brazilian law requires that at least one percent of their capacity be devoted to seats for fans with disabilities, including obesity.

Above is an extra-wide seat at Rio de Janeiro's Maracanã Stadium, where Bloomberg News sports reporter Tariq Panja is getting a tour today. He snapped the shot, and notes that obese fans will be entitled to a 50 percent discount on match tickets.

Obesity in Brazil is a major problem, and the rate is growing rapidly. But these special seats won't just be available to locals. Fans from around the world can apply, but must have a body mass index of 30 or higher, and be able to prove it with a note from their doctor.

(Note. For a 6-foot man, a weight of 221 pounds puts your BMI at exactly 30. Yes, we're one of the fattest countries on Earth, but that sounds totally doable if you want half-price World Cup tickets. Get to it.)
L

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
lol thats loving outrageous

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Adulterous Hitler posted:

lol thats loving outrageous

How else are they going to get Ronaldo to watch matches?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Just look at all those blue seats.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I mean, I can grasp why they're offering bigger seats, but why in the hell do the fats get a discount, too?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This is insane.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Now force airlines to do the same and I might actually try and get tickets!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Trying to figure out if it is better that the put 1 fatty per 99 regular folk or should they have lumped them all together into one stand.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Twice the space for half the price... huh???

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
They'll more than make up the discount prices with additional pie sales.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

TraderStav posted:

Trying to figure out if it is better that the put 1 fatty per 99 regular folk or should they have lumped them all together into one stand.

all the makings of a Pillsborough disaster

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Rape Culture Club posted:

I wonder if they'd all merge into one gigantic monster like in Ghostbusters.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rape Culture Club posted:

:drat:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Holy poo poo. I was 6ft 220 in high school and had a size 36 waist. That's considered obese? I was at like 17% body fat too. :psyduck:

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Really fat people are victims of circumstance and deserving of compensation.

I'm not seeing an escalator, are they meant to walk up there?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

corpuscollossus posted:

Maybe they'll have little scooters for rent and they can drive up a bunch of ramps.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

corpuscollossus posted:

They will be hoisted and paraded around the stadia by the underclass of Brazil.

eeS.
Nov 8, 2005

STUPID AS HELL!!
Haven't seen this posted yet:-

http://talkingbaws.com/2014/02/03/manchester-united-midfielder-michael-carrick-torn-to-shreds-in-latest-twitter-qa/

quote:

Nothing quite gets our blood pumping on a Monday afternoon like a good ol’ fashioned Twitter Q&A with an under-performing footballer.

And thankfully that is exactly what we got when struggling Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick took to Twitter today following his side’s humiliating defeat to Stoke City on Saturday.

And we are happy to report that some truly brilliant tweets were aimed at the England international….

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
United are poo poo and will get relegated but "under-performing" is a bit harsh on Carrick, he's been the only thing approaching reliable in their midfield for about a year now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Reminder:

• Locked thread