Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Went to the 2 Chainz concert last night and man did he have a ton of surprise features!

Pusha-T
French Montana
Chinx Drugs
Trey Songz
ASAP Rocky
ASAP Ferg
ASAP (whoever the gently caress that dude was, he didn't rap he just helped repeat the lyrics to "work")
CAM-RON

He debuted a new song called A-Rod with French Montana which was totally rear end but had enough bass to keep everyone entertained.

All in all I didn't think it was going to be that great and I really only went there for Pusha, but in the end his performance was drat good. PLUS surprise CAM wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Fresh Prince posted:

A-Trak and Lex luger teamed up to form Low Pros:

Fuckyeahson

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004

The Fresh Prince posted:

A-Trak and Lex luger teamed up to form Low Pros:

dang

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Yuzenn posted:

Went to the 2 Chainz concert last night and man did he have a ton of surprise features!

Pusha-T
French Montana
Chinx Drugs
Trey Songz
ASAP Rocky
ASAP Ferg
ASAP (whoever the gently caress that dude was, he didn't rap he just helped repeat the lyrics to "work")
CAM-RON

He debuted a new song called A-Rod with French Montana which was totally rear end but had enough bass to keep everyone entertained.

All in all I didn't think it was going to be that great and I really only went there for Pusha, but in the end his performance was drat good. PLUS surprise CAM wins.

Did Cam and 2 Chainz do this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TFRm9_dDuo

This is like the fourth time I've posted in this thread about this track and how desperately I need a full version

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Yuzenn posted:

Pusha-T
French Montana
Chinx Drugs
Trey Songz
ASAP Rocky
ASAP Ferg
CAM-RON

I was there too. WTF was wrong with the audio during Pusha? it was terrible.

And I had two drinks and was blackout drunk by midway through 2Chainz performance. No idea what was in those drinks.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Did Cam and 2 Chainz do this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TFRm9_dDuo

This is like the fourth time I've posted in this thread about this track and how desperately I need a full version

Haha, no they didn't but I wish they would have now! Cam did some Come Home with Me tracks and then left.

(Also that song is the full version, there isn't any more to that song that I know of, he just cuts the verse off at the end. It's kind of like My Beach is Better where Jay just leaves the booth mid track and that's it?)

bows1 posted:

I was there too. WTF was wrong with the audio during Pusha? it was terrible.

And I had two drinks and was blackout drunk by midway through 2Chainz performance. No idea what was in those drinks.

Yeah the audio for Pusha was horrible and the constant feedback took away from his performance.

poo poo, you got two drinks? Both ATM machines ran out of money before 9pm, and they wouldn't let me step outside to go to the Santander bank that was literal feet from the venue.

I pregamed out in Jersey City with my buddy so I had a good buzz but I was stone sober by 10. Still was a great show though.

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 6, 2014

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Yuzenn posted:

(Also that song is the full version, there isn't any more to that song that I know of, he just cuts the verse off at the end. It's kind of like My Beach is Better where Jay just leaves the booth mid track and that's it?)

KILL ME

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Future, Mike Will, Pharrell, and Pusha T bangs of course

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

gently caress yes

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
New Doppelgangaz track, not sure if it was posted in the wall of links on the past three or so pages.

Peace Khed is shaping up to be great, standard Dopp. New stuff sounds more modern compared to past releases. Still the amazing beats and samples tho.

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
the texas trill update

Doughbeezy, the biggest underground rapper from Houston, drops his new album featuring Slim Thug, Killa Kyleon, BeatKing & more

Worldwide from San Antonio featured on a joint he produced alongside Rapsody from Jamla

The homie Tank from Austin's new hiphop jam with Cory Kendrix (Oregon) and Kyle Lee (San Antonio)

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
Yeah was gonna comment on the more contemporary style on this for sure. I'm huge on the "Holla x2" track, and curious to hear the full release.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

"when the molly crash i feel like osama"
new young thug, bangs
https://soundcloud.com/therockmob2014/the-rock-mob-ft-young-thug

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

this is so loving gooddd ahhhh

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Another Person posted:

New Doppelgangaz track, not sure if it was posted in the wall of links on the past three or so pages.

Peace Khed is shaping up to be great, standard Dopp. New stuff sounds more modern compared to past releases. Still the amazing beats and samples tho.

Don't really like this at all. It sounds...functional? Adequate? Like the production is perfectly average, then the rapping is perfectly average (which with their content, they need to sell it more to not fall apart).

Holla x2 was nice though so I'm still hopeful about their new tape, but I thought their last album was decent but nothing special so I guess we'll see.

This is also super underwhelming. Especially after stuff like poo poo and Honest Future sounds like he has no energy on here, and the other dudes are just out of place/bad.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/SparkMasterTape/status/431596460681863168

hype hype hype

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Spark is pretty much the best out right now I'll Bill Nye debate somebody on that poo poo if they disagree.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GET MONEY posted:

white people make rap so serious and violent. why can't we all just have fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36AVRBuyobs

ty for this the whole super sayan tape is very cool. please post more bop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUIEMRrDb9g

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

MIKE WILL MADE IT, PUSHA T SLAYED IT

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

ty for this the whole super sayan tape is very cool. please post more bop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUIEMRrDb9g

Yea this got me to finally download this tape and it rules. It rules, everyone should get it.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Madlib for Benji B. New Madvillain and Mos Def
http://www.mixcloud.com/benjib/madlib-special/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

MIKE WILL MADE IT, PUSHA T SLAYED IT

Nice rear end beat that isnt standard Mike Will fare and a great pusha verse but i could do without everything else

Dat Kush
Aug 21, 2007

presidential shit
Going to see Action tonight... Has anybody seen him on this blue chips tour? Who does he have opening for him?

The last rap show I went to at this venue had about 37 terrible opening "rappers", so i'm trying to avoid that if at all possible.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

dammit spark, 2014 is a wide range narrow that poo poo down for me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Robert Analog posted:

Spark is pretty much the best out right now I'll Bill Nye debate somebody on that poo poo if they disagree.

I usually agree with you but I don't get SMT at all. He just feels like a poor man's LUM.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

alansmithee posted:

Don't really like this at all. It sounds...functional? Adequate? Like the production is perfectly average, then the rapping is perfectly average (which with their content, they need to sell it more to not fall apart).

Holla x2 was nice though so I'm still hopeful about their new tape, but I thought their last album was decent but nothing special so I guess we'll see.

I entirely understand your concerns, but the way I feel about it is different. First, I quite like the track. I don't know, but that might change. Second, I'm not too worried about the Groggy Pack going contemporary - I feel that my favourite song of theirs, At Night, was their most contemporary up until night. The drums sounded 90's, but the rest of the track was easily their most recent sounding track and that came out amazing. I am confident in their ability to deliver. It could not drop sooner. Also, I link to the full length version because the video cuts some of the track out, but if anyone listens who doesn't have a history listening to the Dopp and you find you really like it, track down the video for that same track, on their youtube channel. It is great, like all their videos tend to be by my finding. Also, everyone listen to Lone Sharks and Hark. Hark is one of my favourite albums of last year and I have a criminal habit of forgetting it when listing my faves, despite listening to it at multiple times each week.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

choose my own adventure:

- attend a wiz khalifa/chevy woods concert
- listen to spark master tape at home on my ipod

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

listen to smt on way/from to concert :confused:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

listen to smt on way/from to concert :confused:

the joke was my compunction over paying money for those two

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
According to some posts on reddit's r/hiphopheads and a couple links from various other websites, it looks like the Underachievers will be touring with Denzel Curry and dates will be announced on Monday. I know that they'll be playing the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor (where I'm at) if goons would like to get drinks or something beforehand.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rick Ross dropped the tracklist for Mastermind and he's got Ye on there, which would be the first time he's spit a guest verse on someone else's album in...what, over a year now?

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01. Supplier
02. Scarface
03. Deeper
04. High (feat. Danny Brown)
05. Harold’s
06. Bomb (feat. Raekwon)
07. Shitsville
08. Thuggin’
09. Real
10. Uno
11. Robes (feat. Domo Genesis & Earl Sweatshirt)
12. Broken (feat. Scarface)
13. Lakers (feat. Ab-Soul & Polyester the Saint)
14. Knicks
15. Shame (feat. BJ The Chicago Kid)
16. Watts (feat. Big Time Watts)
17. Piñata (feat. Domo Genesis, G-Wiz, Casey Veggies, Sulaiman, Meechy Darko & Mac Miller)

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
As someone who follows Gangsta Gibbs on Twitter,

gently caress yessssss hahahah

phractured
Feb 21, 2008

Babyface Mingo posted:

As someone who follows Gangsta Gibbs on Twitter,

gently caress yessssss hahahah

I honestly don't get how they spend that much time with BTW. Beyond the Vine hilarity, I feel like I would be unable to put up with his drunk rear end after months of those antics.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
Why does the song with Meechy Darko have to have Mac Miller on it? Tracklist looks good otherwise.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Birthday Cake posted:

Why does the song with Meechy Darko have to have Mac Miller on it? Tracklist looks good otherwise.

I thought Mac has been getting better. I realized Macklemore has definitely helped Mac's image. He didn't inspire undefinable rage like he used to, it all goes to Macklemore.

Also Black Portland is a loving banger

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

17 tracks long? gently caress yes

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

doctor thodt posted:

01. Supplier
02. Scarface
03. Deeper
05. Harold’s
06. Bomb (feat. Raekwon)
07. Shitsville
08. Thuggin’
09. Real
10. Uno
14. Knicks
17. Piñata (feat. Domo Genesis, G-Wiz, Casey Veggies, Sulaiman, Meechy Darko & Mac Miller)

what's the date on this and are there any preorder options

da weed wizard
Feb 19, 2005

doctor thodt posted:

01. Supplier
02. Scarface
03. Deeper
05. Harold’s
06. Bomb (feat. Raekwon)
07. Shitsville
08. Thuggin’
09. Real
10. Uno
14. Knicks

need this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Looks like its down

• Locked thread