Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, having done that I can happily recommend SPERG alongside the mods Mr.Crow suggested.

It's a bit awkward having to dive into a menu to distribute experience points, but - for me anyway - it helps avoid 'redundant' skill levels. I can just stockpile experience points Doing Stuff and spend them on what I want. Unbound CCO has resulted in a Breton with 60 HP, 120 Stamina, zero spells but about 35 or so Stealth/Archery. Along with Hunterborn etc I'm living off the land just like my ancestors would want. :black101:

Yea I wish there was a hotkey to go straight to the MCM menu but considering the alternatives, SXP is easily the best XP mod available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Dongattack posted:

Guys, guys. Guys.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50598/
"Princess Horseriding"

Gonna make a buff male orc and install this animation pack.

Edit: Oh, it has breast physics. Now i understand why its one of the top files on the Nexus at the moment.

Its Called Side Saddle... for fucks sake... Princess Horse riding? Really?

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I'm looking for a mod I got from the nexus (I think?) a while ago that solved the problem with the battle music lasting way too long by stopping the game from playing the separate 'battle end' music, but I can't for the life of me find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Aureus posted:

Its Called Side Saddle... for fucks sake... Princess Horse riding? Really?

I think it was an intentional choice?

Mod Description posted:

This mod replaces horse riding animations with sidesaddle, a way of ladies riding.
The subtle change provides you more immersions and helps your role playing.

Then again...they did say "immersions" so :shrug:.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I like the irony here. Most people who download that mod are going to be wearing armor that shows off their legs, while riding their horse in a manner invented to prevent exactly that.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Oh man the male Khajit and Argonian followers look so loving :black101:
How on Earth would someone go about creating an Argonian like that? It almost feels like a mod might've been used.

poptart_fairy posted:

How well does SXP play with something like SPERG?
Perfectly fine. I do turn off the armor gains and such. SXP is probably the easiest and low-key xp mod out there so far.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Red Mundus posted:

How on Earth would someone go about creating an Argonian like that? It almost feels like a mod might've been used.
Looks like he used http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6239/

Swole Khajit and Argonian mod. I actually think it looks a little goofy, but.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Nevets posted:

I like the irony here. Most people who download that mod are going to be wearing armor that shows off their legs, while riding their horse in a manner invented to prevent exactly that.

Nexus is just one of the internet's many manifestations of the paradoxical and unrealistic sexual expectations people have for women.

That said, I'd to install side saddle :j:princess horse riding:j: and one of the Nexus' bustier body mods just to see how well the boobie physics work.

edit: not cause im some perv, but because maybe it means some talented modder will put the system to better use.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 5, 2014

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Hey man, playing as Killer Croc in Skyrim seems like a pretty great idea to me.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

sleeptides posted:

Oh, hi. I forget that if I post about SPERG here I might get a reply from the creator! Thanks for this, seems to have fixed it. For what it's worth, I think SkyTweak was applying its own weapon speed fix and that was combining with SPERG's + the perk. Why it only seemed to happen occasionally though, I have no idea. Thanks for this mod too, it's allowed me to replay this in a huge way, I love it :3.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

I suspect the reason it sometimes works and sometimes not is because Skyrim sometimes just forgets to execute script, which causes me no end of headaches. I'm sure I could rewrite things to depend just a little bit less on scripts actually executing, but I've already rewritten the entire mod once, and I don't have it in me to do it again.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Strudel Man posted:

You won't be saying that when that Argonian and Khajit challenge you to a barbed wire ladder match and suplex you through the ring. Now that I mention it I want to see a swole Argonian and Khajit tag team duo who just go around suplexing bandits.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
STEP gives a recommended installation order for mods, which I'm going to assume is okay. Is there a generally recommended installation sequence for mods based on the type of mods? I.e. Should Animations go before anything else? Where should texture replacers fall? What about "mods that add items", or "mods that add factions"?

If the categories STEP uses are reasonable delineations, and things should fall in that order, that would be great.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I installed Skyrim Unbound to start a new character, and I swapped over to an already-created character to faff about for a bit and... it disabled dragon soul absorption and word walls until I start the main quest for that character as well.

On a character where I have already completed the main quest.

I somehow managed to reenable dragon soul absorbtion but I had already killed like five more dragons by that point (to make sure it wasn't just a solitary bug) and their souls sure aren't going anywhere, least of all to me. :( any fixes for this?

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
For some reason whenever I try to download a file using the Mod Organizer it fails, returning a message along the lines of "Failed to request file info from Nexus." Similar things happen if I try to update mods (which I don't actually have installed right now since I can't download anything!) returning an error "Request to Nexus failed: Error Downloading http://nmm.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Mods/GetUpdates?ModList=%5B1334%5D&game_id=110 - server replied: Not Found" which makes sense since there is nothing at those URLs.

Anyone else had this and know how to fix it?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Go into Settings > Workarounds and set the NMM Version field to 0.47.0.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Ynglaur posted:

That did the trick! Thanks very much!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So if I'm doing it right, better body scale for beasts and xp32's skeleton mod are incompatible, correct?

deathrat
May 25, 2010

Scyantific posted:

So if I'm doing it right, better body scale for beasts and xp32's skeleton mod are incompatible, correct?

It's not incompatible per se, if you're loading better body scale for beasts after xp32 it will overwrite the beast skeleton, so if you have any mods that require xp32 to work(like dual sheath redux), then it won't work for beasts. Otherwise you can have them both loaded and you'll just have xp32 for all non-beasts.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Scyantific posted:

You can just take the xp32 whatever and input the swolecat attributes yourself in nifskope. It's all just different Scale numbers on different nodes. Let me recite the changes, all of the values default to 1x. Remember that left and right bodyparts need to be adjusted separately.

Standard:

NPC Root: 1.05x

Thighs: 1.05x
Calves: 0.9x

Spine: 0.95x
Spine 2: 1.05x
Neck: 0.95x

Clavicles: 1.05x
Upper arms: 1.1x
Forearms: 0.9x
Hands: 0.95x

If you want the heavy version, use these numbers instead where appropriate:

NPC Root: 1.1x
Thighs: 1.1x
Spine: 0.9x
Upper arms: 1.2x
Hands: 0.85x

The default pose isn't really designed for the body that this produces, though. I've tried adjusting the arms to hang a little closer to the torso to get rid of those huge swinging gorilla arms, but the success has been limited. I need to experiment more.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Scyantific posted:

Oh man the male Khajit and Argonian followers look so loving :black101:

Playing a :black101: Khajiit or Argonian is fun as hell.

That dude I just stabbed through the skull? Yeah, I just cast detonate dead on his corpse. :owned:

Oh lookit you casting a heal spell, too bad I just ripped your heart out :black101:

Give us kisssss :unsmigghh:

Hehe. Right in yer bum. :getin:

Bonus Breton cause I loved how she came out.

A hargraven blew up behind me, how strange.

Next up: A bunch of dead as gently caress snooty elves and one crashed party.

lol gently caress you vex I'm the coolest person at this table

~*tunnel snakes rule*~

Quift
May 11, 2012
What mod do you use to make that kahjit look so f*kin' bad rear end with the huge teeth et al.

I want that!

Also, I want something to spice up my female redguard dwemerverse run. I want to run as a black Agatha Heterodyne because feminism and sexism combined. What could give me the correct setting? is there a mod that adds random mad scientists with Clank terrorizing the countryside or anything that comes to mind?

Victorian underwear body replacement would also be appreciated. Because Heterodyne.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Quift posted:

What mod do you use to make that kahjit look so f*kin' bad rear end with the huge teeth et al.

Khajiit Vampire. Just add RaceMenu so the skin doesn't get replaced on transformation.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So uh. I got Skyrim Mod Manager as written in the OP, and I'm trying to download mods from the nexus with it but it keeps saying that "failed to request file from nexus". What do I do?
Edit: Oh for fucks sake. Tried to go around it by using the nexus mod manager, but the Skyrim Mod Manager turns itself on anyway and I've no idea what the hell to do now except to download each and every mod manually. Which is a huge pain in the rear end :goonsay:

Edit 2: Fixed it! It's apparently a new problem so I'll post the link here http://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4881

Stalins Moustache fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 6, 2014

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

See my post a few posts ago. You need to change the NMM Version that MO presents.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Stalins Moustache posted:

So uh. I got Skyrim Mod Manager as written in the OP, and I'm trying to download mods from the nexus with it but it keeps saying that "failed to request file from nexus". What do I do?

Ynglaur posted:

literally the same page.

come on, man.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
And now the game refuses to start! :v:

This is how it looks like after I've tried disabling/enabling everything to see if it works. Even with all mods disabled, the game still turns itself off without any warning when I press new game. I am in no way good with this, but I did try running it through BOSS several times but with no result apparently.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Uh is that bashed patch dependent on a bunch of those disabled mods?

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

epitasis posted:

Uh is that bashed patch dependent on a bunch of those disabled mods?

Turned it off to try it again with all mods turned off as well. Only had Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn on and it still wouldn't work. I think I've broken the game :(

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Have you run Boss and TES5edit yet? Between them I've always figured out why the game won't startup (loading a save / running without crashing is a different beast).

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

You're either putting things in the override directory of MO or the data files directory of skyrim

Either one is a no-no. I'm not saying that's what caused your crash, but it's not helping. Also SkyUI should load before bashed patch, dunno what it's doing there.

Clean your skyrim directory with the link I've posted in this topic a few times and try that. If you have ENB wrongly configured that is 100% your problem.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I updated the list slightly. When I have more time I'll add hyperlinks as appropriate. Feel free to check my list. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

Pre-requisites:
  • Install SKSE, Mod Organizer (MO), BOSS, TES5Edit, and Wrye Bash
  • Setup the last 3 as executabes in MO

Modding Skyrim in 20 Easy Steps:

1. Launch everything through Mod Organizer. Seriously, everything.
2. Load mods into Mod Organizer
3. Select the mods you want to use
  • SkyUI will complain about not seeing SKSE. It will work fine anyway.
4. Run BOSS
  • If any mods are unrecognized, add them manually to your BOSS list and re-run BOSS.
5. Use TES5Edit to clean mods marked as dirty by BOSS.
  • Some mods should remain dirty, and are indicated as such in their documentation.
  • Does anyone have a good list of common mods where this is true?
6. Organize the mods in the left-hand pane of Mod Organizer in the same priority as BOSS organized the ESPs and ESMs in the right-hand pane
7. Run Wrye Bash
8. Create Bashed Patch
9. Activate Bashed Patch
10. Run TES5Edit
11. Create Merged Patch, removing Levelled Lists)
12. Go into the Overwrite folder, and re-run Wrye Bash
13. Delete the contents of the Overwrite folder
14. Activate Merged Patch
15. Create various proccer patches (e.g. Automatic Variants)
  • Ensure you run proccers from inside of MO
  • Using SUM can help do this quickly and reliably
16. Activate various proccer patches
17. Run SKSE_Loader
18. Play Skyrim until you decide to play with mods some more
19. Install ENB
20. In case of savefile bloat, add an .ini file for skse and write ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So I managed to fix my crashing problems, got all mods working perfectly and got a nice ENB!

...Except for one thing.

I want those black borders gone because they give me a headache for some reason. The few things I've changed in the skyrim.ini files are to make sure that the ENB works properly as I have not messed around with the display configurations. What do I do to remove it?

Guess I should mention that my health/fatigue/mana bars are still displayed on screen where its supposed to be and the main menu is not clipped like that either.

Stalins Moustache fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 6, 2014

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Stalins Moustache posted:

So I managed to fix my crashing problems, got all mods working perfectly and got a nice ENB!

...Except for one thing.

I want those black borders gone because they give me a headache for some reason. The few things I've changed in the skyrim.ini files are to make sure that the ENB works properly as I have not messed around with the display configurations. What do I do to remove it?

Guess I should mention that my health/fatigue/mana bars are still displayed on screen where its supposed to be and the main menu is not clipped like that either.

If the black bars are a part of your enb, you should be able to disable them by opening up enbeffect.fx, finding #define LETTERBOX_VIGNETTE, and putting // in front of that.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dongattack posted:

Guys, guys. Guys.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50598/
"Princess Horseriding"

Gonna make a buff male orc and install this animation pack.

Edit: Oh, it has breast physics. Now i understand why its one of the top files on the Nexus at the moment.

Wait. Breast physics for what? :saddowns:

Capn Beeb posted:

~*tunnel snakes rule*~

:v::hf::v:

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Fired up Mod Organizer for the first time in a couple weeks and I'm getting not found errors when I try and add mods or check for updates. Nexus is up, but for some reason my Mod Organizer (which I updated to the lastest) is looking in the nmm.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods tree which doesn't appear to be valid any more. Is anyone else having this problem and know if there is a way to fix it?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

nessin posted:

Fired up Mod Organizer for the first time in a couple weeks and I'm getting not found errors when I try and add mods or check for updates. Nexus is up, but for some reason my Mod Organizer (which I updated to the lastest) is looking in the nmm.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods tree which doesn't appear to be valid any more. Is anyone else having this problem and know if there is a way to fix it?

Brownie posted:

For some reason whenever I try to download a file using the Mod Organizer it fails, returning a message along the lines of "Failed to request file info from Nexus." Similar things happen if I try to update mods (which I don't actually have installed right now since I can't download anything!) returning an error "Request to Nexus failed: Error Downloading http://nmm.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Mods/GetUpdates?ModList=%5B1334%5D&game_id=110 - server replied: Not Found" which makes sense since there is nothing at those URLs.

Anyone else had this and know how to fix it?

Ynglaur posted:

I'm throwing this poo poo up in the FAQ on the second post of the OP.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ynglaur posted:

I updated the list slightly. When I have more time I'll add hyperlinks as appropriate. Feel free to check my list. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

Pre-requisites:
  • Install SKSE, Mod Organizer (MO), BOSS, TES5Edit, and Wrye Bash
  • Setup the last 3 as executabes in MO

Modding Skyrim in 20 Easy Steps:

6. Organize the mods in the left-hand pane of Mod Organizer in the same priority as BOSS organized the ESPs and ESMs in the right-hand pane

Good list but this step actually isn't necessary in my experience. Check on conflicts (which are flagged by a lightning bolt icon) and figure out who you want to be the winner and loser of Mod Thunderdome within your build, but as long as the conflict winner is what you actually want to see inside of Skyrim it should otherwise be fine. For example, if you've installed Realistic Water Two and Skyfalls and Skymills, some watefall animations are going to conflict, so you should figure out who gets to override who and can take cues from BOSS if you want, or not, it shouldn't matter all that much. This gets a little murkier with script conflicts but if you've got serious script conflicts that probably means you have a lot of mods modifying vanilla scripts and you're going to have trouble no matter how it's sorted.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 7, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Mad Archivist posted:

Good list but this step actually isn't necessary in my experience. Check on conflicts (which are flagged by a lightning bolt icon) and figure out who you want to be the winner and loser of Mod Thunderdome within your build, but as long as the conflict winner is what you actually want to see inside of Skyrim it should otherwise be fine. For example, if you've installed Realistic Water Two and Skyfalls and Skymills, some watefall animations are going to conflict, so you should figure out who gets to override who and can take cues from BOSS if you want, or not, it shouldn't matter all that much. This gets a little murkier with script conflicts but if you've got serious script conflicts that probably means you have a lot of mods modifying vanilla scripts and you're going to have trouble no matter how it's sorted.

Actually you do want to organize them in the priority that BOSS listed them, especially if they have loose script files.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

The Mad Archivist posted:

Good list but this step actually isn't necessary in my experience.
It's significantly less important now that when booting the game MO always loads bsa files according to the corresponding plugin's loadorder position (the data tab in MO still has the installation order override the loadorder for bsa files).
But loose files are still a thing. The rule of thumb I tend to give is having your installation order follow your loadorder, unless you want certain files from one mod to take priority over another mod's files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Those of you who have used these mods before, is there any conflict between Crafting Overhaul and SPERG that I should know about? I am not going to install the Crafting Overhaul perk tree, so that's not an issue.

• Locked thread