Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

dont worry, they will be stopped by the unmanned metal detectors

They are unmanned but rigged with armed shaped charges. No bomb-carrying terrorist will get through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Lysdexique posted:

You tell me.

The nightstands are there so they can't push the beds together

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

THE RED MENACE posted:

The nightstands are there so they can't push the beds together

Is not gay if beds are not touching!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

dont worry, they will be stopped by the unmanned metal detectors

It's probably a good thing they aren't manned. With russian security's track record, I think the response to one going off would be "begin to fire indiscriminately into the crowd, claim everyone who died had a heart attack".

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's probably a good thing they aren't manned. With russian security's track record, I think the response to one going off would be "begin to fire indiscriminately into the crowd, claim everyone who died had a heart attack".

They paid for bullet in rear end.

I ask if they are sure they want bullet in rear end and they say yes.

So I give bullet in rear end. I love my country.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

Dauntasa posted:

a group of chechens try to bomb olympics

is all part of sochi plan though: was not olympics, only tarp painted to look like olympics

A ha, a decoy plan! Very good Boris, now you not forget to warn athletes and journalists for real sochi olympics location, da?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Target Practice posted:

Sochi, Russia
Associated Press

There have been growing concerns regarding the safety of athletes, press, and spectators at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Speaking on condition of anonymity, a Russian security officer was quoted as saying "Has anybody got a dime? Somebody's gotta go back and get a poo poo-load of dimes!"

:drat:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Olympics are cancelled. Replaced with Hunger Games.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
How many athletes have died due to krokodil overdose thus far?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM57LhrM15k

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Germstore posted:

dogs are very hungry yes

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Fallom posted:

some of these reactions are extremely condescending judgments coming from first-world journalists

Who needs things like running water, roofs and no wild dogs in your bed, I agree, loving pampered babies.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
In some places the toilet bowls flush clockwise. In other places they flush counter-clockwise. In Sochi Russia they flush no ways.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Germstore posted:

This is what people in North Korea really think.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVc0EZl3AfU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

SarutosZero posted:

In some places the toilet bowls flush clockwise. In other places they flush counter-clockwise. In Sochi Russia they flush no ways.

In Sochi Russia they flush into your tap water.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Munin posted:

Yeah, except that if it was indeed some uptight *American* faced with that then he could get himself and his company into serious trouble if he did pay a bribe. Granted the US authorities would have to give some kind of drat which they generally don't but still. Getting slammed with the FCPA would be especially embarrassing given the circumstances.

Hah well actually... Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. With the rise of global trade we pretty much had to incorporate exceptions otherwise it'd be impossible to do business in some places legally like Russia here where its so ingrained in the system.

"Regarding payments to foreign officials, the act draws a distinction between bribery and facilitation or "grease payments", which may be permissible under the FCPA but may still violate local laws. The primary distinction is that grease payments are made to an official to expedite his performance of the duties he is already bound to perform. Payments to foreign officials may be legal under the FCPA if the payments are permitted under the written laws of the host country. Certain payments or reimbursements relating to product promotion may also be permitted under the FCPA."

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Fat Ogre posted:

This is what people in North Korea really think.
Does NK have a Winter Olympics team?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Hah well actually... Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. With the rise of global trade we pretty much had to incorporate exceptions otherwise it'd be impossible to do business in some places legally like Russia here where its so ingrained in the system.

"Regarding payments to foreign officials, the act draws a distinction between bribery and facilitation or "grease payments", which may be permissible under the FCPA but may still violate local laws. The primary distinction is that grease payments are made to an official to expedite his performance of the duties he is already bound to perform. Payments to foreign officials may be legal under the FCPA if the payments are permitted under the written laws of the host country. Certain payments or reimbursements relating to product promotion may also be permitted under the FCPA."

It's the same in Germany and I believe most other industrialized nations. A company can even put the bribes on it's tax declaration.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Croccers posted:

yea for the skeleton event

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Croccers posted:

Not this Olympics.

https://www.nknews.org/2014/02/north-korea-fails-to-qualify-for-winter-olympics/

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
I'm watching the CBC live stream of men's figure skating, and during the zamboni intermission there was a russian man on the arena's loudspeaker trying to entertain the (mostly non-existent) spectators with badly-translated Russian anecdotes about bears or some poo poo. No one was laughing or clapping or showing signs of enjoyment in any way.

The fun is just beginning.

Though Canada is currently in third so that's pretty cool. :canada:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Russian Ski Team uniforms discovered to be knock-off brand

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:drat: son. :drat:

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
I just read this entire thread at work. Loving the people white knighting russia

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Tipps posted:

I'm watching the CBC live stream of men's figure skating, and during the zamboni intermission there was a russian man on the arena's loudspeaker trying to entertain the (mostly non-existent) spectators with badly-translated Russian anecdotes about bears or some poo poo. No one was laughing or clapping or showing signs of enjoyment in any way.

The fun is just beginning.

Though Canada is currently in third so that's pretty cool. :canada:

Usually wild dogs is problem, but sometimes bear! Last day bear hit my car and try to file insurance claims! Do not trust bear ho ho ho

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Croccers posted:

They hold their own Olympics 4 times a year. Best olympics. No one else is worthy to be invited. Kim Jong-un wins every event by a landslide and also sets every world record.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
They probably forgot the backflow suppressor on the Olympic flame. There will be no survivors at the opening ceremony.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Germstore posted:

They probably forgot the backflow suppressor on the Olympic flame. There will be no survivors at the opening ceremony.

Putin could revigorate an old Olympic tradition...

1988 Seoul Summer Olympics posted:

Live doves were released during the Opening Ceremony as a symbol of world peace, but a number of the doves were burned alive by the lighting of the Olympic cauldron. As a result of protests following the incident, the last time live doves were released at the Opening Ceremony was in 1992 in Barcelona, hours before the flame was lit. Balloon doves were released in 1994 at the Lillehammer Winter Games and paper doves were used at the Atlanta Ceremony in 1996.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

They hold their own Olympics 4 times a year. Best olympics. No one else is worthy to be invited. Kim Jong-un wins every event by a landslide and also sets every world record.

Could Kim Jong-un get a biathlon time so low that not even he could break it?

Something to think about

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Okay I'm sorry but what the hell?

quote:

The Wall Street Journal reports that Russia is aggressively defending itself against complaints that the much-maligned bathrooms in its Olympic accommodations are in any way substandard. The Russians are, in fact, keeping a very, very close eye on the bathroom situation:

Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister responsible for the Olympic preparations, reflected the view held among many Russian officials that some Western visitors are deliberately trying to sabotage Sochi's big debut out of bias against Russia. "We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," he said. An aide then pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms.

If this was anyone other than the AP I would think that it was a misused Onion article.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I don't think these ones have been posted yet maybe. Nicked them from imgur

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hahaha nice :)

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Toad on a Hat posted:

If this was anyone other than the AP I would think that it was a misused Onion article.

Either that's someone desperately trying to lie their way through their own shittery and not realizing the full implication of what they're saying or a lot of journos will be cutting open their tarp ceilings.

Probably both, actually.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Usually wild dogs is problem, but sometimes bear! Last day bear hit my car and try to file insurance claims! Do not trust bear ho ho ho

Bear is not problem, have plenty of trees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDpOA3MAIY4

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wessels

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Kim Il Sung takes Gold, Kim Jong Il takes Silver, Kim Jong Un takes Bronze

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Toad on a Hat posted:

:tinfoil: Holy poo poo this is amazing.

Americans turn on shower, waste precious yellow no face water on wall. Trying to sabotage good Sochi sulfur water.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Teddybear posted:

Either that's someone desperately trying to lie their way through their own shittery and not realizing the full implication of what they're saying or a lot of journos will be cutting open their tarp ceilings.

Probably both, actually.

I hope it's the second one just to see a journalist cut open his tarp-roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

could be worse. you could have to fight the workers and dogs for rations food

• Locked thread