Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

"Worse news - I cannot tell the difference between a wall and a ceiling."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Toad on a Hat posted:

Okay I'm sorry but what the hell?

If this was anyone other than the AP I would think that it was a misused Onion article.

Ahahaha! I can easily imagine Russian intelligence services spying on some of the guests just in case the Norwegian biathlon team turns out to be an Al Qaida sleeper cell, but publically admitting that there are surveillance cameras everywhere including bathrooms is immensely stupid. Then again, if this is the minister responsible for arrangements in Sochi...

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Toad on a Hat posted:

I hope it's the second one just to see a journalist cut open his tarp-roof

And then wild dogs coming pouring down on top of you. Dog makes for good insulation yes?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Fat Ogre posted:

:tinfoil: Holy poo poo this is amazing.

Americans turn on shower, waste precious yellow no face water on wall. Trying to sabotage good Sochi sulfur water.

It's more the officials admitted they have surveillance cameras watching the bathrooms. Even in BIG BROTHER HELL the united kingdom you won't ever see cameras in anywhere people will be getting naked.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

RCarr posted:

"Worse news - I cannot tell the difference between a wall and a ceiling."

neither could the builders :rimshot:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Can you make vodka from dog?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Do not worry. Food is highest quality. We import the cooking oil from China.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Croccers posted:

I don't think these ones have been posted yet maybe. Nicked them from imgur

Come on now who the gently caress is complaining about getting peas and canned marmalade for breakfast?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

in russia is normal to spy on hot reporter chicks

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Croccers posted:

If you have dog piss coming from tap then by all logic vodka comes from dog.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Croccers posted:

We have TOP MEN on project- very important

crosspost

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

lmbo its happening

http://deadspin.com/stray-dog-wanders-onto-cross-country-skiing-course-bar-1517391652

wild dog takes gold in cross country skiing

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Drone_Fragger posted:

It's more the officials admitted they have surveillance cameras watching the bathrooms. Even in BIG BROTHER HELL the united kingdom you won't ever see cameras in anywhere people will be getting naked.

Yeah but that they admitted it over such a stupid loving reason is what makes me laugh.

How dare they make fun of mother Russia over bad hotels. We have cameras in tarp ceiling to make sure everyone is taken care of. We must let people know that our secret tarp pyooper cameras know the true Sochi experience.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Vladimir Putin posted:

Come on now who the gently caress is complaining about getting peas and canned marmalade for breakfast?

Yea no joke but if those labels are right that's some imported Bonne Maman preserves. That poo poo is expensive and it's really fuckin good too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:smugdog:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i kind of want to see what the reaction was like when this was first posted

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

texaholic posted:

I think this would be like America having the Winter Olympics in Jacksonville Florida

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

security wondering if they should just shoot dog

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Fat Ogre posted:

Yeah but that they admitted it over such a stupid loving reason is what makes me laugh.

How dare they make fun of mother Russia over bad hotels. We have cameras in tarp ceiling to make sure everyone is taken care of. We must let people know that our secret tarp pyooper cameras know the true Sochi experience.

this entire thing is just going to add to their already massive inferiority complex

though unfortunately for them the complex is justified

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Drone_Fragger posted:

The hotel rooms might not have floors, ceilings, door handles, functioning toilets or tap water that can be used for anything other than de-barnacling Soviet-era warships; but at least there'll be a functioning surveillance camera in every bathroom! That's the Siloviki guarantee!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The dog seemed to be chilling with security before the skiers went through.

This dog. It is good dog. It barks at skiers keeps them motivated.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

WerewolfBarMitzvah posted:

security wondering if they should just shoot dog

tehy're part of the russian security forces, so they would probably somehow end up murdering fifty children in the process

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BrainMeats posted:

Is Russia the free market paradise that Ron Paul has been fighting for all along?

PJ O'Rourke described Russia as a society that has traded not being infested with lawyers for being infested with hitmen.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

at least the dogs seem to be fed well enough not to be violent or attacking people

for now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

at least the dogs seem to be fed well enough not to be violent or attacking people

for now

I have a feeling that there will be a peak dog moment.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

in compeltely unrelated news, the entire polish delegation has mysteriously disappeared last night

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Nenonen posted:

Putin could revigorate an old Olympic tradition...

it will be stray dogs sleeping in the torch that will be incinerated this year

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Article reads as an Ad for Chobani. Hard to believe that it's a legitimate article from the NYT

speaking of corruption

quote:

Senators Charles E. Schumer and Kirsten E. Gillibrand, both Democrats, have pushed for Greek yogurt to be served with school lunches. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, also a Democrat, is planning his second “yogurt summit” to celebrate the industry.

Mr. Schumer, who is fond of plain Greek yogurt and likes to add raisins, has jumped into the fray. “There is simply no time to waste in getting our Olympic athletes a nutritious and delicious food,” he said in a statement.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
If your water is brown, shouldn't you leave it running to try and clear it out? And point at a wall so it doesn't spray outside tub?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Femur posted:

If your water is brown, shouldn't you leave it running to try and clear it out? And point at a wall so it doesn't spray outside tub?

No no no, it will corrode a hole into the wall! Sheesh you westerners want to sabotage this event.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I have a feeling that there will be a peak dog moment.

during the games one of the few remaining dogs will happen to wig out and attack a suicide bomber approaching the course the dog will be hailed as a hero in the media but quietly poisoned afterwards

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm obsessed with this complete meltdown of an Olympics to a far greater degree than I should be:

these are the mirrors on the ceiling of a public bathroom in Shayba Arena in sochi. Ever wanted to know what someone looks like taking a dump? Now you will!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Toad on a Hat posted:

Okay I'm sorry but what the hell?

If this was anyone other than the AP I would think that it was a misused Onion article.

showers are perfectly good. we have video of westerner turn shower on, leave shower on all day to sabotage sochi reputation.

"why are you videotaping the showers"

*throws smokebomb*

*sound of car driving away*

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The 2014 Winter Olympics video game is probably going to be the best survival-horror game this year.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Toad on a Hat posted:

I'm obsessed with this complete meltdown of an Olympics to a far greater degree than I should be:

these are the mirrors on the ceiling of a public bathroom in Shayba Arena in sochi. Ever wanted to know what someone looks like taking a dump? Now you will!

Vat is problem? You need to make sure you look good, you need to pyoop, why not do both while pyooping no? Now you can do both at same time.

This more efficient. Russians very crafty.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dauntasa posted:

showers are perfectly good. we have video of westerner turn shower on, leave shower on all day to sabotage sochi reputation.

"why are you videotaping the showers"

*throws smokebomb*

*sound of man riding dog driving away*
Needs more dog.

What's a site I can watch the events from in Australia BTW?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Droid posted:

during the games one of the few remaining dogs will happen to wig out and attack a suicide bomber approaching the course the dog will be hailed as a hero in the media but quietly poisoned afterwards

I was thinking that the dogs we see now are just the vanguard, and at some point Sochi will be overrun in a sea of dogs.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When are the opening ceremonies? Local time not TV time.

Edit: is/are

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Toad on a Hat posted:

they're probably two-sided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

ILL ON PZONES posted:

speaking of corruption

lol, you, a probably grown human don't know what corruption means.

• Locked thread