Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Toad on a Hat posted:

I'm obsessed with this complete meltdown of an Olympics to a far greater degree than I should be:

these are the mirrors on the ceiling of a public bathroom in Shayba Arena in sochi. Ever wanted to know what someone looks like taking a dump? Now you will!

Mirrors are for making sure there is no bear in stall next to you- you no want to share bathroom with bear, very dangerous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

The Ape of Naples posted:

When are the opening ceremonies? Local time not TV time.

Edit: is/are

8pm moscow time tomorrow (feb 7), I think.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

When are the opening ceremonies? Local time not TV time.

Edit: is/are

Tomorrow at 8:14 PM Moscow time (UTC +4)

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Is anyone watching the figure skating because this couple is skating to an orchestral version of November Rain and it loving owns.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Toad on a Hat posted:

I'm obsessed with this complete meltdown of an Olympics to a far greater degree than I should be:

these are the mirrors on the ceiling of a public bathroom in Shayba Arena in sochi. Ever wanted to know what someone looks like taking a dump? Now you will!
Clearly that's what the tarps are covering. loving journalist, hang tarp, is not happy, not hang tarp, is not happy.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
On a serious note Americans are huge babies about going to the bathroom.

Dudes can literally stand at a trough and piss next to one another at a football game but put a row of toilets without stall doors like an army latrine and people freak the gently caress out like little middle school babies.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW
Seriously, how in the hell does that country even function?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ILL ON PZONES posted:

speaking of corruption

I have no idea what you're trying to say here

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Croccers posted:

I don't think these ones have been posted yet maybe. Nicked them from imgur

Why open marmalade jar? Let people eat marmalade, keep jar, is savings for future. Maybe trade for doorknob.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

"Sochi is nice plase to many people not appreciate nice" -michael phelps via twitter

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

vyst posted:

Yea no joke but if those labels are right that's some imported Bonne Maman preserves. That poo poo is expensive and it's really fuckin good too.
Yeah, that's some good stuff. Apparently, marmalade is the one thing Russians won't skimp on.

Requested_Username posted:

I have no idea what you're trying to say here
I think he's saying the dude pushing for greek yoghurt is being paid to do so.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Guy Fleegman posted:

Seriously, how in the hell does that country even function?

Very poorly.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fat Ogre posted:

On a serious note Americans are huge babies about going to the bathroom.

Dudes can literally stand at a trough and piss next to one another at a football game but put a row of toilets without stall doors like an army latrine and people freak the gently caress out like little middle school babies.

Still doesn't explain why they decided to put those mirrors there lol

But yeah the US is kinda strange about any kind of nudity- like it is more scandalous to have a nipple in your movie than a man's head graphically exploding.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Toad on a Hat posted:

I think you are completely misunderstanding this photo. She is proudly showing that ceilings can be made of material other than tarp in glorious sochi.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah, that's some good stuff. Apparently, marmalade is the one thing Russians won't skimp on.

I think he's saying the dude pushing for greek yoghurt is being paid to do so.

Yeah, a congressman pushing for a business in his constituency, clearly something shady there.

- an actual idiot fucker who doesn't understand how politics works.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Monkey Fracas posted:

But yeah the US is kinda strange about any kind of nudity- like it is more scandalous to have a nipple in your movie than a man's head graphically exploding.

While this is true, I certainly have no desire to watch other people take a poo poo.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
I wouldn't be surprised if Schumer was on the take, and bankrolled by Big Yogurt.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

WerewolfBarMitzvah posted:

security wondering if they should just shoot dog

Weapons free has been authorized, officers are now just waiting on promised delivery of bullet.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Those were put there to prove to the western world that not all ceilings are tarps.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

Wanting a little privacy when making GBS threads is not the same as being a prude about nudity, nor is it some uniquely American thing.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Caufman posted:

Weapons free has been authorized, officers are now just waiting on promised delivery of bullet.

@sochisec

have two lightbulbs and shower curtain. will trade for 7.62x39 rounds.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toad on a Hat posted:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

The_Franz posted:

Wanting a little privacy when making GBS threads is not the same as being a prude about nudity, nor is it some uniquely American thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq7Vm4wM2p4

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Toad on a Hat posted:

The people fishing in the toilet ruined it for everyone. This is why we can't have nice things.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEnj3lBENQc

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think you can get any of that in Sochi.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

How? How does this happen?

No words...

Begby
Apr 7, 2005

Light saber? Check. Black boots? Check. Codpiece? Check. He's more machine than kid now.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I swim at a local pool and regularly take hot man showers in a big open shower room with no curtains or anything with the occasionally stinky bump thrown in to mix it up once in awhile, thats fine and cool. You do it a couple of times and realize everyone is just basically sorta gross, you included, and you get over it.

However, I sorta draw the line at sitting in a row with a bunch of people all taking stinky shits, then having a guy standup and start wiping the crap out of his hairy rear end literally 3 feet from my head and throw the smeared up toilet paper into an open bucket right between us.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I'm no expert builderman but shouldn't they be putting mortar in between the bricks as well?

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

No way this is real. Is there a source on this because if so :laffo:

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?

Photex posted:

Cold vodka. Cold Pussy. Cold Tarp for to cover cold penis from ceiling mirror. Is just as good yes?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm not a brick layer but aren't you suppose to have mortar BETWEEN the bricks? Holy lolly this is amazing

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

No way in hell this is true!

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

A Pale Horse posted:

Yeah, a congressman pushing for a business in his constituency, clearly something shady there.

- an actual idiot fucker who doesn't understand how politics works.

It reads like a yogurt company press release, except it was a politician being quoted in the NYT. If that doesn't seem shady to you then fine. Maybe they really talk like that in New York?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The_Franz posted:

Yeah I don't feel like a prude for not wanting to have people see me take a poo poo or having a person right next to me take a poo poo in front of me. Somehow I'm OK peeing into a big trough at sporting events though. Maybe it's the juicy farts and the loud plops as the feces hits the water.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Photex posted:

I'm sure there's plenty of warm pussy, as long as you don't mind it being trafficked sex slaves.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Fat Ogre posted:

No way this is real. Is there a source on this because if so :laffo:

It's definitely not Sochi. There's a stall door (also it's at least 5 months old).

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Disco Infiva posted:

No way in hell this is true!

The image is years old and has nothing to do with Russia, which is probably true of most of the crap being posted on the bandwagon at this point.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
yeah not so much a privacy thing as "I do not want to watch that guy take a dump right next to me"

Also that building is going to fall down and crush a man/wild dog soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ILL ON PZONES posted:

It reads like a yogurt company press release, except it was a politician being quoted in the NYT. If that doesn't seem shady to you then fine. Maybe they really talk like that in New York?

generally politicians intervene on behalf of and publicly promote their local industries, I really don't get what is shady about that

Michigan and Detroit politicians promoting the auto industry? What horrible corruption

• Locked thread