Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
At least Nekros' uselessness is kinda hidden; you don't know it's terrible unless you look into numbers. gently caress if I was a kid I'd love Nekros, it punches souls and raises the dead! What's not to like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
There's a LOT of items in this game that are just downright terrible in comparison. Like the Spectra, which requires clan research and then a forma to craft, and runs out of ammo in about 10 seconds, while doing garbage damage and requires you to point it at your enemy the entire time without wavering. I tried a ton of other weapons before I picked up a Penta, and jesus H the game is trivialized now. It has 540 loving grenades and can take out hordes of enemies in one shot.

Have to wonder if their supposed self-congratulatory lack of a design document is what leads to these gross and obvious imbalances.

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
So t3's can now give you t1 keys and fusion cores? Why.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
gently caress me, the new hammer has its own animation sets that actually use the loving rocket boost assist. I don't even loving care that it's a melee weapon so it's useless.

Also the Phage is pretty much the coolest primary they've ever released.

e: vvv Even if it did use sniper ammo it would never run out because it's too efficient at killing dudes, same as the old Ogris. No other weapon class can really kill 10+ dudes with one good shot. vvv

Kanos fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 6, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mercury_Storm posted:

There's a LOT of items in this game that are just downright terrible in comparison. Like the Spectra, which requires clan research and then a forma to craft, and runs out of ammo in about 10 seconds, while doing garbage damage and requires you to point it at your enemy the entire time without wavering. I tried a ton of other weapons before I picked up a Penta, and jesus H the game is trivialized now. It has 540 loving grenades and can take out hordes of enemies in one shot.

Have to wonder if their supposed self-congratulatory lack of a design document is what leads to these gross and obvious imbalances.

It's absolutely retarded that the penta uses rifle ammo. Like at least make it use sniper ammo or something.

Currently the only thing resembling balance on it is how easy it makes one shotting yourself.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 6, 2014

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
:siren: Orokin reactor invasion on laomedia neptune PC. :siren:

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Currently the only thing resembling balance on it is how easy it makes one shotting yourself.

Currently it does that really really well.

On the subject of the new UI, is there a way to switch back? I just did a survival mission and didn't even notice my air was so low till it was too late, when I finally did notice I looked at the mini map for the exit and all I saw was the yellow markers for the air supply. Now I'm certain one of them was the exit but it wasn't immediately obvious which one and with the screen getting angry with my asphyxiation issues it didn't really make for a seamless escape.

I don't think there was much testing before going live as I can't imagine anyone gushing themselves over taking all the info you need and throwing it as far away from the middle of the screen as possible.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kanos posted:

gently caress me, the new hammer has its own animation sets that actually use the loving rocket boost assist. I don't even loving care that it's a melee weapon so it's useless.
Gonna be a long four/five days until the drat thing is available (four day research + however long build).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
New UI is loving terrible

1)It's all too small
2)New minimap is rectangular instead of square for some reason?
3)Exit marker and survival drop marker are the same
4)Markers are too large in comparison to the minimap, making it hard to see the map itself
5)Marker for exit/next enemy to kill used to appear on the edge of the minimap if the room was big enough that the exit wasn't shown - now they just aren't there, forcing you to swap to the larger map to find the exit to the room
6)UI movement makes it impossible to read (at least you can turn it off)
7)Putting the shields/health on the same bar that meets in the middle makes it hard to tell how much of what you are missing is shields vs health.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
They also broke the mod sorting - "recent" shows cores first, then all your mods, from oldest to newest, newest at the bottom. How is that recent?? And they STILL haven't fixed the equipping bug where mods you just put on disappear for no reason.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I actually kind of like the new UI, although the elements of it could certainly be bigger.

RogueTM
Jul 8, 2004

Hmmmmm

Piell posted:

New UI is loving terrible

1)It's all too small
2)New minimap is rectangular instead of square for some reason?
3)Exit marker and survival drop marker are the same
4)Markers are too large in comparison to the minimap, making it hard to see the map itself
5)Marker for exit/next enemy to kill used to appear on the edge of the minimap if the room was big enough that the exit wasn't shown - now they just aren't there, forcing you to swap to the larger map to find the exit to the room
6)UI movement makes it impossible to read (at least you can turn it off)
7)Putting the shields/health on the same bar that meets in the middle makes it hard to tell how much of what you are missing is shields vs health.

They also moved the Energy bar down below the Weapon/Ammo counter, making it so you can no longer get the full status of your Warframe with just a
glance in the upper right corner of the screen.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Woah, the Latron Prime got almost double damage (45 to 84) and an increase in status chance to 25%, that's pretty sweet now.

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 6, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Piell posted:

Woah, the Latron Prime got almost double damage (45 to 84) and an increase in status chance to 25%, that's pretty sweet now.

So do we have a complete list of stealth buffs/nerfs yet?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I can tell you that Dread got a massive buff in addition to what was stated in the patch notes. Base damage increased to 400, crit rate increased from 20% to 50%, proc rate increased from 15% to 36%.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My melee button started switching my weapons instead of melee attacking (so both my weapon-switch and melee buttons do the same thing), has that happened to anyone else? I use C for melee and Q for weapon switch if that matters. I put melee on mouse 3 and that works, just not C anymore.

Arsonide posted:

Remember back when we'd complain about it taking four days to build a warframe? I miss those days. Here's the new standard: one day to build the dojo room, three days to research the frame, three days to research the parts, one day to build the parts, three days to build the frame...for a grand total of eleven days. Nearly half a month, and this is assuming you have a dojo capable of supporting a tenno research lab, and that you layer the parts on top of each other, and that you're there to start the next step immediately with no "dead air" between each step.

All of that beyond the usual 4 days is just clan building/research time which will only ever have to happen once. And you don't have to farm bosses to get this stuff so it's actually a really good thing for anyone in a clan. New players who join a clan that has researched them get instant access to parts for 3 warframes, and 2 of them used to be the most obnoxious ones to get (after Volt got removed from baby golem anyway).

That's way easier than having to farm bosses endlessly for your first new warframe. Part of this was because the boss drop system used to work differently and was much worse, but I had to play Excalibur for literally over 40 hours to get my second character. Nobody should have to deal with that anymore because of this. If they can find a clan then all they have to do is get the money and resources, which is not super hard if you have clan friends to help you with that.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 6, 2014

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

golden bubble posted:

I can tell you that Dread got a massive buff in addition to what was stated in the patch notes. Base damage increased to 400, crit rate increased from 20% to 50%, proc rate increased from 15% to 36%.

Holy poo poo, has my dream of bows actually being useable come true? Can't wait for that hammer, either. It can join the Scindo Guitar Axe in my closet of stuff that's not very good but really loving cool.

Echoing the complaints about the UI, especially in regards to the size. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the stamina bar is all but invisible now. You have to actually stop and pick it out from the other elements. The whole thing has lost the at-a-glance functionality that a video game UI is all about, and I find it more difficult to play like this.

There seems to have been a drive toward tiny informational areas in general since they started working on the new UI, starting with the change to a much smaller, more aliasing-prone font in the chat and main map. It's like the polar opposite of console ports and the like- instead of being far larger and more clunky than it needs to be, everything's far smaller and more minimalist than is ever useful. Are they designing this so that you can have a clean, small UI while playing on 1024x768, or what?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I found out how to make the new UI suck less.

Go to Display, in Options. Look for a menu option about HUD Margins.

Drag those suckers in tight, so that everything is closer in on the screen and won't disappear on you. Also disable HUD Movement in the Gameplay tab.

It makes a hell of an improvement.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

My melee button started switching my weapons instead of melee attacking (so both my weapon-switch and melee buttons do the same thing), has that happened to anyone else? I use C for melee and Q for weapon switch if that matters. I put melee on mouse 3 and that works, just not C anymore.

Just rebind your melee key onto C again. I bound my c key as my parry button before this update. It changed to weapon switch after it. I just rebound it as my parry again, and it worked fine once more.

I'm not particularly fond of this new UI either. I can't see a drat thing. Played 2 survivals yesterday and could not see the oxygen bar at all in my periphery. I'm pretty sure my 3 teammates didn't either as I had to warn them to leave when the oxygen was getting to around 5% values. I tried moving the UI closer to the center for now, but haven't had a chance to play it for more than a few minutes like that just yet.

Just looking at dpsframe, bows seem to have gotten a 5x DPS buff or something absurd.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

In my dreams Rockethammer will make Hysteria good - it's based off of your melee weapon's base damage, right?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
So, PS4 clan members should start stockpiling Detonite Injectors now, right? Fieldron and Mutagen Masses are relatively frequent as rewards fully-constructed, but the Injectors pretty much are going to require 12 foundry-hours each and we'll need a bunch for all of the various research projects, including Zephyr, coming when this update hits us...

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

raverrn posted:

In my dreams Rockethammer will make Hysteria good - it's based off of your melee weapon's base damage, right?

If we're going by raw numbers, it should make Hysteria good. 79 base damage is pretty cool.

That said, how should we build for this thing (knowing that Melee 2.0 may change things up)? Max normal attack speed and damage? The charge damage is slightly over half a Galatine, though charge speed isn't listed. Maybe add status+ if those ever stop sucking.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So uh, I'm a chump and bought Zephyr with spacebucks. If I jump and move my camera while holding W, she doesn't look in that direction, she just starts moving in that direct in air.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

golden bubble posted:

Dread is listed as 200? Same as Paris Prime.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
How do I start an online mission by myself now? The PLAY NOW button is gone and there's nothing where the new Start Timer button would be in a party. I'm probably stupid as hell but I can't seem to figure it out.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've just been setting it to Private before I click on a map. Sucks you gotta play by yourself, but....

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Carecat posted:

Dread is listed as 200? Same as Paris Prime.

Someone (may have been bubble) was saying 400 in clan chat last night, but my card listed 200. And only like a 20% status chance. It's still really good, just not unbelievably broken.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Replaced “Naked Nick” with a tinted Tenno Prisoner for the casket defense mode.
This is the worst patch.
:rip: Naked Nick 2012-2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Male Man posted:

Someone (may have been bubble) was saying 400 in clan chat last night, but my card listed 200. And only like a 20% status chance. It's still really good, just not unbelievably broken.

Dread has 50% critchance base.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Denzine posted:

Dread has 50% critchance base.

status

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I think the important thing to note is that the Dread can achieve a 125% Crit Chance with Point Strike.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah, or you could have 100% crit for 7 points. Because crit above 100 is wasted.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Having mods of every rank for min-maxing is how I can live without using forma on almost anything but my absolute favorite weapons, which are a handful like Ogris, Flux Rifle, Strun Wraith, and Soma. Leveling bow weapons has been a pain for me because the damage they put out when un-potatoed is just... dreadful. Never bothered to potato my Dread after having leveled the Paris I bought with plat because both were so similar.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Denzine posted:

Yeah, or you could have 100% crit for 7 points. Because crit above 100 is wasted.

They did away with red crits?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Do T3 Capture: get T3 Survival.

There's also fusion cores clogging up those rewards now.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
A while ago, yeah. There was some testing with Synapse. Unless this update put them back in, doublecrits don't happen any more.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

golden bubble posted:

It's significant, but not quite as massive as you think. The damage you see in-game now is the damage for a charged shot, which is up to 200 from 150. Uncharged damage did get a significant boost, but it's ~120 now (was 60), not 200.

The other bows were buffed significantly as well, with increases to damage, crit chance and crit damage. Here's the list (all values are for charged shots):

Paris: 30% crit (was 20%), 150 damage (was 100)
Paris Prime: 45% crit (was 20%), 200 damage (was 150)
Cernos: 35% crit (was 25%), 180 damage (was 100)

All values above are for charged shots. Additionally, all bows now have a 2.0x crit multiplier (Paris/Prime previously had 1.5x) and much higher base uncharged damage (seems to be 0.6x charged damage, was previously 0.4x).

Male Man posted:

They did away with red crits?
They're still there, but only for special stuff like melee crits while invis. Crit% above 100% has been worthless for a while now.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Do T3 Capture: get T3 Survival.

There's also fusion cores clogging up those rewards now.

I think it might be subbing in cores/credits for rewards that anyone in the group has made. My friend and I needed the bronco prime receiver and burston prime stock to finish those and we got those really easily, but anything that one of us has completed just doesn't seem to show up.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dumb question; when my gun says 4.4x | 72% Crit, that means each bullet has a 72% chance to crit and does 4.4x damage of a regular shot, right? Or is there some weird maths going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sab669 posted:

Dumb question; when my gun says 4.4x | 72% Crit, that means each bullet has a 72% chance to crit and does 4.4x damage of a regular shot, right? Or is there some weird maths going on
Correct, except that the crit% display is bugged right now and will not show the proper value while a multishot mod is installed.