Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

moths posted:

The alternate theory is that it was another form of rat torture by whoever is torturing rats.

I'm leaning more toward this, since it's at night and the rats were held at adult head level (I think?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

So, the kids, still.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
What's in the box, Bob, what's in the box

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Grin and Tonic posted:

What's in the box, Bob, what's in the box

I think there was a shot of someone messing with the rats and it was a white hand?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'll be more surprised at this point if it's not Bob.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
i just rewatched the scene and they really don't show anybody's hands so it could be anyone. i think it's most likely the little girl who named the zombies, though.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

It was Carl's hat, acting independently.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

A Big Dark Yak posted:

The lack of hands does seem to back this up, every other character has at least one as I recall.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

A Big Dark Yak posted:

The truth is, Carl died in season two with the hunting accident. His hat has been using his corpse like a puppet ever since. I expect it/he/she will be found out when trying to abandon his lame rear end and taking over someone else. Preferably Maggie, she's boring as poo poo as is

Edit: I was also presently surprised to find out this was coming back this week.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Spiteski posted:

The truth is, Carl died in season two with the hunting accident. His hat has been using his corpse like a puppet ever since. I expect it/he/she will be found out when trying to abandon his lame rear end and taking over someone else. Preferably Maggie, she's boring as poo poo as is

Edit: I was also presently surprised to find out this was coming back this week.

A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended...

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Was anyone else thrown by the Governor's new girlfriend looking so much like Maggie?

Because seriously it's not even just the appearance, she has very similar mannerisms etc. Uncanny.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I never once thought that. But it's not the first time I've heard that so I think I'm in the minority.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Rewatching the last episode, the Governor makes this huge deal about how walkers can't cross fast moving water. Has anybody on the show considered finding an island or something equally surrounded/sheltered by water? They covered it in the TellTale games but that's the only instance I can think of it.

OhHiMaahk
Jan 8, 2014
Michonne briefly brought up the idea in one of the earlier season 3 episodes, but Andrea shot it down because reasons.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The cast was on Conan last night. I think Carol is coming back.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Maggie sure looks different when she's British.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
So when are the producers going to admit that Daryl is the de facto main character?

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
When Kirkman detaches himself from the project.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Daryl seemed underused this past season. He had his "gently caress alcoholics" moment with Bob and got to blow up a tank, but other than that was mostly silent muscle. Rick, Hershel(RIP), and Guv got to hog all the character moments.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

moths posted:

The alternate theory is that it was another form of rat torture by whoever is torturing rats.

There is also the theory that the writers forgot they even had that scene in the show.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Grin and Tonic posted:

i just rewatched the scene and they really don't show anybody's hands so it could be anyone. i think it's most likely the little girl who named the zombies, though.

It was definitely an adult male hand, but that doesn't mean much as it could have just been shot entirely by a second crew and been a random person's hand; I doubt it was any of the actors.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Fog Tripper posted:

There is also the theory that the writers forgot they even had that scene in the show.

That's basically the underlying issue behind most of TWD's problems.

If we aren't supposed to associate rat torture with rat feeding, a competent writing team would have used different animals to delineate that difference. But if we are to draw a parallel, they're expecting us to indefinitely recall less-than five seconds of screen-time until they clarify its significance.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008

Kasonic posted:

Daryl seemed underused this past season. He had his "gently caress alcoholics" moment with Bob and got to blow up a tank, but other than that was mostly silent muscle. Rick, Hershel(RIP), and Guv got to hog all the character moments.

He should have died at the prison assault.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You should have died at the prison assault.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
The best character combo was Daryl and Merle.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Grin and Tonic posted:

The best character combo was Daryl and Merle.

I wish they didn't kill Merle, it gave us a good episode but he was one of the better characters on the show.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

moths posted:

That's basically the underlying issue behind most of TWD's problems.

If we aren't supposed to associate rat torture with rat feeding, a competent writing team would have used different animals to delineate that difference. But if we are to draw a parallel, they're expecting us to indefinitely recall less-than five seconds of screen-time until they clarify its significance.

I know that I don't remember the rat torture scene. Wasn't there a shot of a rat all cut open and pinned down? That's about the limit of my recollection on the subject. With how the walking dead usually signposts everything with flashing neon signs, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been forgotten.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fire_Monkey posted:

I know that I don't remember the rat torture scene. Wasn't there a shot of a rat all cut open and pinned down? That's about the limit of my recollection on the subject. With how the walking dead usually signposts everything with flashing neon signs, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been forgotten.

Yes, it happened right before the tank fired off a warning shot.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The flashing sign was Ty yelling about how there was some sicko doing sick poo poo, but then a lot more exciting stuff happened.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I thought the dissected animal was a rabbit.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

savinhill posted:

I wish they didn't kill Merle, it gave us a good episode but he was one of the better characters on the show.

michael rooker is pretty good actor even though he always seems to get typecast in henchman or villain roles.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

etalian posted:

michael rooker is pretty good actor even though he always seems to get typecast in henchman or villain roles.

He rules in Days of Thunder, and will always be Rowdy Burns. '

I hope Carol comes back. They removed her just as she became an interesting character rather than just another useless women like the first season or two was filled with

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Well, drat.

I shat all over S2 and S3(with the obvious notable exception of Clear) of this show but I just marathon'd S4 and it was really drat good. For the first time since the S2 opener, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night with heightened enthusiasm and expectations.

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Tell your mom to stop sending me nudes.
My walking dead shirt:love:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just caught up with the marathon on AMC and drat it, Hershel/Milton was the best buddy team. :(

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
There's a LOT I find infuriating about the writing of TWD (still can't stand Michonne's character and Rick is like the least compelling hero ever) but I was honestly amazed at how Walking Dead turned around Herschel's character from a weird religion fueled Dale to a really great father-figure to Glenn/counsel meeting wise-man. A lot of people talk about Carol's arc being the most dramatic but going from waiting for Herschel to die in Season 2 to being completely blown away by his unfortunate end in Season 4, I mean drat. The scene of him crying in the prison after running around shooting people who had died from the illness and treating everyone :( :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm pretty interested to see where this season goes now that they've abandoned the prison. For a long time, I felt like staying there was dragging the show down. Though I really did enjoy the last few episodes of last season when they were still there. It'll be cool to see the characters in a whole new setting and new survival situations.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I tuned in to the marathon yesterday just as the old guy in the shack raised his double barrel shotgun quickly to the sound of a pump action shushuck. Watched a few more episodes but then between lori's ghost and andrea I chose to go to sleep.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm pretty interested to see where this season goes now that they've abandoned the prison. For a long time, I felt like staying there was dragging the show down. Though I really did enjoy the last few episodes of last season when they were still there. It'll be cool to see the characters in a whole new setting and new survival situations.

I kind of felt the opposite. The constant on the run stuff was boring, while having them settle down and actually build a society was fairly interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Tell your mom to stop sending me nudes.

computer parts posted:

I kind of felt the opposite. The constant on the run stuff was boring, while having them settle down and actually build a society was fairly interesting.

I found it interesting as well to see them tackle the challenges of rebuilding society with topics like government, parenting and growth.

I Would have liked to see the prison last and continue to develop by gathering more supplies, building more walls and fences further out for expansion, and creating a government system where crimes could be decided and ruled on and punished without eviction or execution for everything.

• Locked thread