Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Inside Number Nine was quite something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Katie Hopkins.
gently caress me, I know it is exactly what she is going for, but given the chance I would never tire of stamping on her sneering face. Even that woman off the fairy jobmother, who was like a real life Pauline off League of Gentlemen is tearing strips off the evil gob on a stick.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Haggis Heed posted:

Best episode of House Of Fools yet.
I'm crushing so hard on Morgana Robinson its untrue.

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

Jonnty posted:

Inside Number Nine was quite something.

There's much more of that to come. Saw a 2 episode preview at the BFI and the "silent" episode is quite something.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Trickjaw posted:

Katie Hopkins.
gently caress me, I know it is exactly what she is going for, but given the chance I would never tire of stamping on her sneering face. Even that woman off the fairy jobmother, who was like a real life Pauline off League of Gentlemen is tearing strips off the evil gob on a stick.

Violence against women is definitely cool and good as long as they are tory, except nigella of course because reasons.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Violence against women is definitely cool and good as long as they are tory, except nigella of course because reasons.

Its pretty gruesome.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Nigella's a tory?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Ponce de Le0n posted:

:rolleyes: Oh do come on. Find something else to get enraged about. Hopkins can only be barely termed as human at this point.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

Nigella's a tory?

She's the child of one, I think it's hereditary.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There were two things I wanted to watch tonight, Inside Number 9 and the Dispatches on Russian homophobes. I forgot about both and instead was nervously at my computer, how's either. And how was that Storyville on Gadaffi's child soldiers? Grim? It seemed like it'd be grim.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

There were two things I wanted to watch tonight, Inside Number 9 and the Dispatches on Russian homophobes. I forgot about both and instead was nervously at my computer, how's either. And how was that Storyville on Gadaffi's child soldiers? Grim? It seemed like it'd be grim.

Inside number 9 was a bit of a surprise. Decent enough, not very funny but well worth a watch. The dispatches episode you mention is loving unreal. As is Storyville.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

goatface posted:

She's the child of one, I think it's hereditary.
unfortunately you can also catch it in later life, as my dad has done

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Paperhouse posted:

unfortunately you can also catch it in later life, as my dad has done

People also tend to catch a bad dose of the Tory if they suddenly become very rich.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Inside No 9 got me to laugh at a story about incestual child sexual abuse, so well done I guess :stare:

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Inside No 9 got me to laugh at a story about incestual child sexual abuse, so well done I guess :stare:

It was the Origin Story of Stinky John!

It wasn't very funny but it was a great watch. Are they all bottle episodes?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
The Pointless app based on the TV quiz show is soon to be released:

http://pointlessapp.co.uk/

I'm going to be allllllllll over this.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Dispatches and Storyville were both grimly, soul-destroyingly painful programmes to watch. Important pieces of work, no doubt, thought-provoking and interesting, but...if I were you I wouldn't watch them just before bed, and I'd have something happy to watch or read close by afterwards. :(

Roidweiser
Sep 10, 2003
Huuuuuur catchphrases are fun, and cats huurrr

nozz posted:

Just bringing this up again... ABC have only aired 3 episodes since the beginning of January, and are now going on yet another hiatus until March. So yeah I think Channel 4 made the right decision here: they won't be losing many viewers to piracy!

They will lose them due to it being a bad show.

Speaking of unsyncedness between US-UK, I've just found out that Episodes has started in America again, and no word of it being shown here. I'm guessing it hasn't been dropped as it was a joint venture, just, delayed?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ponce de Le0n posted:

That's not the same thing, and you know it. Nigella is a largely innocent cokehead who hosts a cooking show and has an otherwise positive public persona. Hopkins is an ultra right wing troll who deliberately winds people up to stay on TV.

If a guy was saying the same things as her we'd all get just as slap happy - in fact, the thread title references proof we already do. Similarly, nobody wants to curbstomp any male chefs for no reason. Except Jamie Oliver. And the masterchef guys. And Lloyd Grossman.

Ok maybe I have no point except violence against celebs is not down to gender, it's down to them being smug, frustrating idiots.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 6, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Since I'm a terrible person, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of The Only Way Is Essex. My question is, with 7 seasons up on Hulu, at what point does the show no longer even have entertainment value?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 6, 2014

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's not the same thing, and you know it. Nigella is a largely innocent cokehead who hosts a cooking show and has an otherwise positive public persona. Hopkins is an ultra right wing troll who deliberately winds people up to stay on TV.

Not entirely relevant I just thought it was funny.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly

Josh Lyman posted:

Since I'm a terrible person, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of The Only Way Is Essex. My question is, with 7 seasons up on Hulu, at what point does the show no longer even have entertainment value?

I'll spare you the pithy response of minute one of episode one and tell you this:

Although I cannot stand this show and probably hate it more than anything on tv right now I do end up watching/hearing about TOWIE quite a lot. For I have the grievous misfortune of growing up in the same area and briefly attending the same school as some of its stars. From my experience it always putters along the lower echelons of popular entertainment throughout and never really changes anything up apart from the cast. It did win a BAFTA for season three I think so that may be the highpoint but for the life of me I cannot tell you why. So I would say keep watching as long as you like watching gormless people fail to act unless its those particular gormless people fail to act.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, that was a nice send-off for Weekly Wipe. Always leaves you wanting more, like your mum.

That was probably the best of the series for me. The Limmy bit was great, and I liked that Shitpeas and Cunk just ended up as "Entity" and "Vertebrate". Also the Musketeers bit was really funny. And it was the best Moments of Wonder as well.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

McDragon posted:

Well, that was a nice send-off for Weekly Wipe. Always leaves you wanting more, like your mum.

That was probably the best of the series for me. The Limmy bit was great, and I liked that Shitpeas and Cunk just ended up as "Entity" and "Vertebrate". Also the Musketeers bit was really funny. And it was the best Moments of Wonder as well.

I think the series was a bit of a wet fart, really. It got a few chuckles per episode, but I really think it lacked any particular insight or edge. It's been said in here before, but I think it would be so much better if there were episodes once a month so there was more time for Brooker and collaborators to get one, great hour/45 mins with less fluff and more actual analysis and decent satire.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
My only wish was that he had spent the whole episode attacking the Nest advert, carefully deconstructing it and explaining why, on every level, it is the worst advert in years.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

"Paul and the Pear" almost ended me, Philomena Cunk is utterly brilliant. Also, I can't wait for when that ready made and edited Charlie Brooker feat. Scarlet Johansen viral video goes viral & I can upload it to my Facebook feed.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The Perfect Element posted:

I think the series was a bit of a wet fart, really. It got a few chuckles per episode, but I really think it lacked any particular insight or edge. It's been said in here before, but I think it would be so much better if there were episodes once a month so there was more time for Brooker and collaborators to get one, great hour/45 mins with less fluff and more actual analysis and decent satire.

It was enjoyable enough, but a bit....pointless and un-Wipey? I thought Moments of Wonder was very funny, but felt like it should have been in a TV Go Home show or something rather than an x-Wipe. Shitpeas and clunk commenting on a news story was fine, and worked well, but I hate their TV stuff and would much prefer Brooker do old Screewipe style TV segments. Watching the Broadchurch bit for example, if I didn't know it was well received, I'd have no idea if the show was calling it good or poo poo.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Holy poo poo channel four's winter olympic ad is loving glorious.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Mr Phillby posted:

Holy poo poo channel four's winter olympic ad is loving glorious.

Gay Mountain?

That took me by surprise before the news earlier. Amazing!

Link: http://youtu.be/-6RID82Ru-k

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That kind of childish poo poo is exactly why channel 4 needs to exist.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Gay Mountain?

That took me by surprise before the news earlier. Amazing!

Link: http://youtu.be/-6RID82Ru-k

I like the bare-chested Vladimir Putin lookalike on the turntables. It's wonderfully spiteful.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

That really is perfect.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Channel 4 really is the UK's best TV channel

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rarity posted:

Agreed, now they just need to start making decent programming.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rarity posted:

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

And C4's eye is full of cataracts.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Agreed, now they just need to start making decent programming.

Babylon could be good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Where's that second season of Utopia? :argh:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
In post production last I saw :)

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Talking of Channel 4; during the week it was revealed that they've commissioned a sitcom called Scrotal Recall. (Man has to track down every women he has slept with, due to having an STD).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Pablo Bluth posted:

Talking of Channel 4; during the week it was revealed that they've commissioned a sitcom called Scrotal Recall. (Man has to track down every women he has slept with, due to having an STD).

At least its a bit more imaginative than sex box.