Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

I would send you some, work target has them jamming up the shelves, shipping would probably kill the savings :(

Probably. Doesn't Target label when they clearance things? I should check the date on it, maybe run around to the other Targets and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Probably. Doesn't Target label when they clearance things? I should check the date on it, maybe run around to the other Targets and see.

There is a percent and secret code on the tags, the last price digit is used to represent the degree of discount, $19.98 means it will go lower, $19.94 means buy it up now if you want it

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 6, 2014

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I don't care, I think I've come around and have decided I like Dark Cybertron. Also Megatron and Bumblebee should just hang out all the time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

There is a percent and secret code on the tags, the last price digit is used to represent the degree of discount, $19.98 means it will go lower, $19.94 means buy it up now if you want it

I could have sworn they put a date on the tag. Curses. I think they were $34.98 so no worries yet. Oh! I have a coworker who's wife works there! I will have him find out!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

I could have sworn they put a date on the tag. Curses. I think they were $34.98 so no worries yet. Oh! I have a coworker who's wife works there! I will have him find out!

Have her use the secret discount, or... Get a red card? 90 day returns if you find a better price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Have her use the secret discount, or... Get a red card? 90 day returns if you find a better price.

My girlfriend has a red card! BAM!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Keldroc posted:

Waspinator will be shipping in an upcoming wave with Scoop, Arcee and Chromia, but only one per case. So there will be a chance to get him again, but you'll have to be a bit lucky. I'm sure Skids will pop up in another wave later in 2014, too.

Just bought it on Amazon Prime for $28. It's just easier

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

catch22 posted:

Just bought it on Amazon Prime for $28. It's just easier

You know what stinks about scalping toys on Amazon? They keep 20% of it

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Keldroc posted:

No, but since Chromia and Windblade are using IDW designs, it seems possible that we are finally getting a future car Arcee in the Generations line.

Wait, they are? Have there been pictures?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I saw Target a few days ago had some of the Kreo figure combiner multi-packs marked down to under $4 each.

They only had Bruticus and Defensor (or maybe Superion) and really wanted to get it the former, but once I saw the Constructicons pack shown on the back was part of the same wave I decided I'd wait around to see if one of those turned up.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 6, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

Has the Skids/Waspinator wave passed?

Fred Meyer/Kroger stores are getting them. My local store had 3x each today, I can snag them for you if you want, $15+tax and shipping.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Fred Meyer/Kroger stores are getting them. My local store had 3x each today, I can snag them for you if you want, $15+tax and shipping.

Where do you live? We have two of the new enormous Krogers here in town but they're off my beaten path.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Where do you live? We have two of the new enormous Krogers here in town but they're off my beaten path.

I live over in Washington State, Fred Meyer is the local store for me, but its a Kroger minion.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

Yes, please! If you can get one of each let me know as it would save me quite a bit.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Wait, they are? Have there been pictures?

No, but Windblade is the fan figure so obviously she will be the kabuki design, and Chromia as a blue motorcycle isn't much of a stretch, be it a repaint or a new mold. The only real question mark is what version of Arcee is in that box.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

Yes, please! If you can get one of each let me know as it would save me quite a bit.

Do you want all four, or just Wasp/Skids?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

Do you want all four, or just Wasp/Skids?

Who are the other two?

e: if it's Rhinox and Doubledealer, yes to Rhinox, no to Doubledealer.

I don't need the packaging, so if you could open them and just give them a once over, and toss the instruction sheets in, that would save a lot on shipping.

catch22 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 6, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

Who are the other two?

e: if it's Rhinox and Doubledealer, yes to Rhinox, no to Doubledealer.

I don't need the packaging, so if you could open them and just give them a once over, and toss the instruction sheets in, that would save a lot on shipping.

Goldfire (Goldbug) and Dreadwing, no voyagers yet, just the deluxe wave

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

Goldfire (Goldbug) and Dreadwing, no voyagers yet, just the deluxe wave

ah, pass on both of those then

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

ah, pass on both of those then

Kk, I'll swing by tomorrow and snag a Wasp/Skids for you then, PM me an address and I'll get you a total w/ loose shipping.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

GrimGypsy posted:

I don't care, I think I've come around and have decided I like Dark Cybertron. Also Megatron and Bumblebee should just hang out all the time.

I'm enjoying the character moments, such as they are. The action is pretty bland. MTMTE 28 ended with Metroplex warping in with the Lost Light to throw down with the Necrotitan and all I really want is to see if Megatron will respond genuinely to Bee castigating him for allowing the Decepticons to turn into a gang of thugs.

I wonder how far in advance Barber and Roberts knew about who was going to be in the Thrilling 30 toyline, and how much of a hand Hasbro had in selecting featured or cameo characters. The comics haven't really been used To Sell Toys in the Budianski-introdump sense since, well, the Marvel days, but it's been getting a lot more obvious. I think Crosscut's intro in the last RID was especially blatant, and I wonder how long it'll be til we see Getaway in the toyline. Or Tarn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Beast Fire Predaking marked to $17.98 at Target!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Beast Fire Predaking marked to $17.98 at Target!

64% discount combo!

(don't forget he needs two AA batteries)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I just got one for $13.98. :psyduck:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Still too high!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I just got one for $13.98. :psyduck:

drat, now I feel like I was ripped off. I went back to apply for the RedCard, got approved and walked back to grab two of them to sit on and wait for a price drop. The two in the main TF display had beat up boxes so I went back to the endcap and upon looking closer saw they were all $17.98. I bought three, one for me, one each for two friends. Target on Illinois Road in Fort Wayne Indiana if anyone is local and wants one.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Bleh I wish I'd fired in just after Christmas on Ebay, Generations Skids on his own is £30+ P&P now, he was ~£20 before. Unless I buy the entire case for £75, and I've zero interest in Waspinator, Goldfire & Dreadwing.

I may hit up Orbital on Saturday though on The Doctor's recommendation. I know John Lewis on Oxford St have gently caress all but Beast Hunters.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
You guys better be good this year, or I'm going to sign up to the Secret Santa and send one of you unfortunate people one of these unfortunate Transformers:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I'm still ticked that noone has done the mudflap and/or bumblebee of the month club membership.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Squalitude posted:

You guys better be good this year, or I'm going to sign up to the Secret Santa and send one of you unfortunate people one of these unfortunate Transformers:

Uhhh those are not Transformers. I don't care what the packaging says.

Also, I did not realize Kroger sold toys!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Squalitude posted:

Those are going to be masterpieces by the end of the year.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Scale's hard to tell from the photo but they're maybe 10-12" in size, too. And less than a tenner in Argos...

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

Kk, I'll swing by tomorrow and snag a Wasp/Skids for you then, PM me an address and I'll get you a total w/ loose shipping.

no PMs, could you email me at jlcatch22 at gmail dot com?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I've seen those, and I still don't understand what the point of them is. It's like one of those giant GI Joes but without the clothes. Or guns.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

SlothfulCobra posted:

I've seen those, and I still don't understand what the point of them is. It's like one of those giant GI Joes but without the clothes. Or guns.

Or paint applications.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Or articulation.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Ka0 posted:

Those are going to be masterpieces by the end of the year.

I can't believe Transformers is dead and ruined forever. I mean, I saw a toy the other day? And it wasn't very good? And I couldn't buy it? And now like Transformers is just ruined. I can't believe it. I guess I'll find a new hobby. I hear Kamen Rider's pretty cool.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 7, 2014

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I was just reading about these, they're part of a cross-brand line called Titan Heroes. I guess the idea is that they're big, durable figures that can be produced and sold super cheaply, designed for little kids to bash together in the sandbox or whatever. The Marvel characters look pretty alright because they're typically only two or three colors apiece, but extending the brand to Transformers doesn't work out so well because of how relatively complex the character designs are. Like, even if they were fully painted, those'd still be some lovely rear end sculpts.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

Or paint applications.

Painting them would be the most fun I could see a kid having with those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Phy posted:

I wonder how far in advance Barber and Roberts knew about who was going to be in the Thrilling 30 toyline, and how much of a hand Hasbro had in selecting featured or cameo characters. The comics haven't really been used To Sell Toys in the Budianski-introdump sense since, well, the Marvel days, but it's been getting a lot more obvious. I think Crosscut's intro in the last RID was especially blatant, and I wonder how long it'll be til we see Getaway in the toyline. Or Tarn.
In their defense I think (as much as I mocked it earlier) the Crosscut intro is actually sort of the inverse. Hasbro tells them they're going to package a comic of their choice with Crosscut, and then IDW scrambles to in some manner involve Crosscut in the comic he's going to ship with.

I do wish they were still doing Spotlights, though. Crosscut sounded cool, even has a story hook in how he survived the purge. Dreadwing could have made for an interesting spotlight too.

A Getaway toy is exciting to me. Bomp!