Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Did I miss a joke or did Ron just sound like he was going to keel over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

AndrewP posted:

Did I miss a joke or did Ron just sound like he was going to keel over?

What, the blueberry thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyMKYQPGyWU

e: wait, unscreened calls from now until the Unmasked :fuckyeah:

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 4, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I'm starting to believe these are the last days of Ron & Fez.
Not possible, that would be a payoff. :v:

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

CrashCat posted:

Not possible, that would be a payoff. :v:

Ron and Fez have discovered the secret to immortality.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

What, the blueberry thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyMKYQPGyWU

e: wait, unscreened calls from now until the Unmasked :fuckyeah:

Ooh. I've only heard that once so it didn't immediately click.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Yeah, I'm agreeing with this. The show has no energy. The games are lame, I loving hate lifeboat, even the discussion topics seem weak. Pie vs. Cake? Is there nothing more interesting to talk about today?
What's in the Box? is literally the worst thing to ever happen to radio. Nothing makes me bail on the show faster than when they say they are playing that for approximately the nine billionth time. Oh awesome, everyone yelling the name of the game 25 times every 30 seconds. That's totally funny and not irritating in the least! :rolleyes:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

What's in the Box? is literally the worst thing to ever happen to radio. Nothing makes me bail on the show faster than when they say they are playing that for approximately the nine billionth time. Oh awesome, everyone yelling the name of the game 25 times every 30 seconds. That's totally funny and not irritating in the least! :rolleyes:

You don't know humor, my friend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqsxdLL4Hl8

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin

An Enormous Boner posted:

I don't think any of them did hard drugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un9E_4Dz_QQ

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
Holy poo poo Pat Cooper is exhausting but he's amazing.

ChristianDB posted:

I maybe alone but I'm skipping the ron and fez show more and more these days. Yesterday seem to drag until big jay came in. Today starts off with even more caller participation. I'm sick of caller participation and games. Then it's probably going to go to an unmasked, which although bj novak is pretty cool, I just want the guys to shoot the poo poo.

This show has become every show I used to skip when they were on opie and anthony

But... they have the best callers in radio! (but that isn't saying much)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Glad to hear Opie and Anthony advertising the Trayvon Martin peace walk! Guess they aren't so racist after all!

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I wonder if he really thinks freebase is different than crack.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

CrashCat posted:

Glad to hear Opie and Anthony advertising the Trayvon Martin peace walk! Guess they aren't so racist after all!

I thought the same thing :v:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Fez's loud fake/forced laugh is awful in every Unmasked. Especially since you know he doesn't understand or empathize with anything the guest is saying, it's all about prompting the audience. It's a live laugh-track.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Normally I don't like Pat Cooper coming in, but because they didn't want him to talk about Stern and their phones wouldn't stop vibrating it made it all the better.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

First time hearing Pat Cooper, loving dying.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Ant's Nixon impression is so loving funny. I wish I could do that goddamn voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLghoWtCq7c

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 5, 2014

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

I just tuned in to R&F for the first time in a week, and the audio quality is markedly better than before - did they increase the bandwidth on Raw Dog?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
poo poo 40mins in and they're doing the machine gun sound bit again. *click*

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I turned it on as I cleared off my car and thought they were in a best of. Why would they re-do a bit that wasn't funny to begin with?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Yep, that's when I turned off the show too. :sigh:

e:
Jimmy just eagerly retweeted Ant with this link, adding on that the media is "REPULSIVE" and then quickly deleted his RT. I'm assuming after he tweeted he actually bothered to look and realized he was tweeting links to a racist website.

Here's the link. Ant still has it up, of course.

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/08/media-is-desperate-to-censor-horrific-hate-crime-torture-murder-of-twelve-year-old-texas-boy/

Not only does the site advertise legitimately racist organizations, the comments are a real doozy too, replete with your standard "send them back to Africa" sentiments.

e2: Jimmy tweeted me back and now other people are taking notice. I may have made a mistake. Should have kept my mouth shut. Not too bad so far but I'm wondering if I'm about to be deluged by pests trashing me. Oh well.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 6, 2014

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Was there any on-air fallout from the Pat Cooper rant today?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

UncleMonkey posted:

e2: Jimmy tweeted me back and now other people are taking notice. I may have made a mistake. Should have kept my mouth shut. Not too bad so far but I'm wondering if I'm about to be deluged by pests trashing me. Oh well.

YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN OF THE SHOOOOWWWWWWW

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN OF THE SHOOOOWWWWWWW
It actually didn't turn out bad at all. Jimmy was really nice and people didn't really pile on like I was afraid they were going to.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I really enjoyed the interview with the two people from 90 day fiance. Ant and Opie trading off who was being the bad cop and hinting Russ was gay was pretty funny.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
"Very mysterious."

All the 90 Day Fiance stuff has been cracking me up. The video versions on youtube are great as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmPFdjR3RBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnYStF4StY

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They talking about Leno today? Jimmy's pretty good at picking who to hitch his star to.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Scott Shannon announced his retirement from The Big Show with Scott and Todd today. Now's he's got all the time he needs to see the boat movie.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Scott and Todd were the single best part of the last Jocktober; it really was fun coming home on Friday nights and listening to their being featured on Youtube.

It's just not gonna be the same if they try to do The Todd Show.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I hope this means that we get the Todd and Todd show after April 6th.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm hoping Todd does the entire show in that awful voice and they call it the Fuzzy Stinklepooper Show. Those names are enraging.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

I'm hoping Todd does the entire show in that awful voice and they call it the Fuzzy Stinklepooper Show. Those names are enraging.

It'll be worth it to see what Todd does to the show and how badly it fails. More shoehorned songs, more lovely prank calls that last an hour......the best thing is that Todd can't handle a show by himself and will probably fail without Scott's inertia to keep it dragging along.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

will probably fail without Scott's inertia

That's a horrible thing to say about anyone.

It's quite a loss, isn't it? First John and Jeff, and now this....

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

That Super Show part 2 is a loving train wreck. Wow

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

All these broken partnerships. What's next? Ron and Fez?

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot

livingfruitvirus posted:

All these broken partnerships. What's next? Ron and Fez?

One can only hope.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

cochise posted:

That Super Show part 2 is a loving train wreck. Wow

These are becoming my favorite bit on the O&A show. But Colin & Jim have to be there for SSIII.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bubba Smith posted:

These are becoming my favorite bit on the O&A show. But Colin & Jim have to be there for SSIII.

Agreed. Today's was funny, and Vos was on fire, but Jim and Col would've pushed it over the top.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

TL posted:

Agreed. Today's was funny, and Vos was on fire, but Jim and Col would've pushed it over the top.

The combination of Jimmy's disgust and Colin's joy is perfect.

I was skeptical of a 'super show' without them, but it was still good. I think Diana isn't worth having in studio unless Marian is there, so that definitely helped.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

The day Terry Clifford retires is the day Jocktober is no longer sustainable as bit.

If the show hasn't imploded by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Ohhhgh I had Schhwhweeeeeet pumpkin,

• Locked thread