Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lol people in dnd are defending this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If Sochi is still in 'one' piece by the time I wake up I will be pretty surprised. I use the word one very loosely.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Toad on a Hat posted:

Anything good happen while i was gone?

loving terrorists tried to put out the eternal flame, Spetsnaz took em out with a VSS Vintorez but then the eternal flame ignited Boris Yeltsin

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

teen witch posted:

So t.A.T.u is going to play the opening ceremony.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5900927/russian-pop-act-tatu-performing-at-sochi-olympics-opening-ceremony-report

The band thats best known for the lesbian make out rain song, is playing in Sochi. The opening ceremony. In Russia.

im honestly starting to think that putin and russia are just puppets in some bond villain scheme orchestrated by a mysterious new figure at NBC to create the highest olympic ratings ever

things are just too entertaining to be real

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Bob Costas said "pussy"

Hot

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

im honestly starting to think that putin and russia are just puppets in some bond villain scheme orchestrated by a mysterious new figure at NBC to create the highest olympic ratings ever

things are just too entertaining to be real

its like something out of metal gear solid

naem
May 29, 2011

Re: pussy riot, the gassed thread last night had a xhamster museum orgy video good times

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

its like something out of metal gear solid

Can love bloom at the Olympics?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Pussy Riot furor is straight up propaganda. There was instant controversy over their arrest, Germany arrests a copycat doing the same in Cologne and is trying them for upto 3 years and no one gives a poo poo. Its the liberal equivalent of the multilingual coke controversy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SickZip posted:

The Pussy Riot furor is straight up propaganda. There was instant controversy over their arrest, Germany arrests a copycat doing the same in Cologne and is trying them for upto 3 years and no one gives a poo poo. Its the liberal equivalent of the multilingual coke controversy.

AKA a good SJW trap story

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Stairmaster posted:

lol people in dnd are defending this poo poo
Link?

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
Yeah I retract my previous request.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

SickZip posted:

TO be fair Germany used to be quite a bit more strict. :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Photex posted:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20784040,00.html article on the guy from spiderman leading the "centerpiece of the ceremony"

There is no way this idiot isn't going to get someone killed with this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

There is no way this idiot isn't going to get someone killed with this.

No stone was left unturned in planning the perfect troll event

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'm watching figure skating now (on the west coast, poo poo is time-delayed i guess)

american figure skater fell over and the announcers treated it like the end of the loving world. then they announced his lovely score and he cried a bit :smith:

e: god these announcers are DICKS

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 7, 2014

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Is there a video somewhere of this ski hill of death?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dantheman650 posted:

Is there a video somewhere of this ski hill of death?

no there is no video of the olympics

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

nbc: "jeremy, in your words what went wrong tonight?"

jeremy: "....... :smith:"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

abraham linksys posted:

lmao i fell guys

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

don't forget the really obnoxious GOOD LUCK afterwards.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

no there is no video of the olympics

Well I am dumb because I am not easily finding it. No need to be snarky - I was obviously asking if anyone had a link.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it's weird that the announcers know exactly what's coming up next in this skating performances

like i can't figure out if that's from past performances or if there's a preset pattern

i like all the big swoopy moves though :3:

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

dantheman650 posted:

Well I am dumb because I am not easily finding it. No need to be snarky - I was obviously asking if anyone had a link.

We're in the wrong forum to avoid that poo poo, sorry.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

it's weird that the announcers know exactly what's coming up next in this skating performances

like i can't figure out if that's from past performances or if there's a preset pattern

i like all the big swoopy moves though :3:

Past performances.

The announcers will call it out if it's a brand new program, but these things are like dance shows: you practice the same song over and over.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ZombieReagan posted:

They have to submit what they will be doing in their routine ahead of time.

that's such bullshit, how can an underdog perform the forbidden spin to save the day with this rule??

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oh God they are doing the 69 spin of exstacy Putin is throwing his hat on the ground!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

that's such bullshit, how can an underdog perform the forbidden spin to save the day with this rule??

underdog is best dog in sochi, land of the free, no spin is too spin

very healthy

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Is showing up and walking around smug at how poorly done everything is better or worse than not attending for political reasons?

I just imagine Obama and Biden taking an hour off and trading jabs at Russia back and forth like a buddy comedy.

"Man, I hope they put Snowden up in a Mariot."

Dec 26, 2012

ZombieReagan posted:

This last Tonight Show with Jay Leno is just embarrassingly awful.

so pretty much normal then?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lol these dudes blowin up shaun white on twitter

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rapdawg posted:

Is showing up and walking around smug at how poorly done everything is better or worse than not attending for political reasons?

I just imagine Obama and Biden taking an hour off and trading jabs at Russia back and forth like a buddy comedy.

"Man, I hope they put Snowden up in a Mariot."

Sochi would be a good place a Diamond Joe bender since it would remind him of Tijuana

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
This slopestyle event or whatever it's called is a weird juxtaposition with the figure skating, where everything is SO serious. Then these snowboarders are just all tan and chill and stuff.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

pairs figure skating is loving terrifying

loving super sharp blades next to your face

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

abraham linksys posted:

pairs figure skating is loving terrifying

loving super sharp blades next to your face

I always have this irrational fear that my fingers are going to be sliced off so I never go ice skating

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Toad on a Hat posted:

I always have this irrational fear that my fingers are going to be sliced off so I never go ice skating

I don't know why but same

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

holy poo poo black magic woman :stare:

e: oh nooo it turned into this lovely song

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
That dude is huge and why does his costume look like high waisted old man pants?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yall negros need to be screencapping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

not sure how to get screencaps from composite cable on this lovely hotel tv, sorry bro

• Locked thread