Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
pairs figure skating is loving terrifying

loving super sharp blades next to your face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

abraham linksys posted:

pairs figure skating is loving terrifying

loving super sharp blades next to your face

I always have this irrational fear that my fingers are going to be sliced off so I never go ice skating

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Toad on a Hat posted:

I always have this irrational fear that my fingers are going to be sliced off so I never go ice skating

I don't know why but same

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

holy poo poo black magic woman :stare:

e: oh nooo it turned into this lovely song

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
That dude is huge and why does his costume look like high waisted old man pants?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yall negros need to be screencapping

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

not sure how to get screencaps from composite cable on this lovely hotel tv, sorry bro

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
I'm at the mercy of network television on this one. I'm even watching it with commercials. :cry:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

not sure how to get screencaps from composite cable on this lovely hotel tv, sorry bro

How's the water there

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

"back inside death spiral" is the most metal thing i've ever heard

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?
Whoops wrong skater...

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Dogan posted:

breaking news a photojournalist has caught exclusive footage of sochi security

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

russian pairs skating was amazing though i hate the guy's hair

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

From the Russians I have spoken to recently there is so much crime in Russia that Sochi should be safe since employment opportunities for criminals are abundant.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

if slopestyle was like figure skating, tapping a hand during a landing would disqualify you

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
GAK he spit his gum out on the snow. WERE YOU BORN IN A BARN? God that is disgusting.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

FadingChord posted:

That honestly makes the Putin overreaction as hilarious as it is. It's not like the people of Russia are going to lock arms singing Pussy Riot's greatest hits like the end of Les Mis; his regime threw a hissy fit over the least threatening thing possible.

Their main political competition is a Chess champion. Their other most outspoken critic is Scrooge McDuck. Russia is such a hilariously bleak place.

Before you get ahead of yourself, Dee Snyder, the lead singer of a cross-dressing hair metal band, spoke in front of the Senate about how the music theme of "I am rocking quite a bit but would like to rock more than I currently rock" is not dangerous to children during a time that the POTUS was the lead actor in Bedtime For Bonzo.

A Keg fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 7, 2014

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:stare: I've never seen whatever this skiing event is before, is it just basically the super bumpy bits from motocross for 30 seconds with a backflip at the end? That owns

vvv well i'm not usually stuck in a hotel room when the olympics are on so i don't watch em often

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 7, 2014

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

abraham linksys posted:

:stare: I've never seen whatever this skiing event is before, is it just basically the super bumpy bits from motocross for 30 seconds with a backflip at the end? That owns

I can see why you've never heard of it before, it has only been an olympic event for 22 years.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Cucktales Blogger posted:

Before you get ahead of yourself, Dee Snyder, the lead singer of a cross-dressing hair metal band, spoke in front of the Senate about how the music theme of "I am rocking quite a bit but would like to rock more than I currently rock" is not dangerous to children during a time that the POTUS was the lead actor in Bedtime For Bonzo.
In many ways Putin is the Russian Reagan. Complete with the masculine bravado.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

abraham linksys posted:

vvv well i'm not usually stuck in a hotel room when the olympics are on so i don't watch em often

You should, they're fun

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

The U.S. team uniforms OWN. gently caress THE HATERS!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

no snow yeti like in ski free

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
You forget you have to avoid the dogs and the Russian Guard trying to shoot them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WebDog posted:

You forget you have to avoid the dogs and the Russian Guard trying to shoot them.

Russians missed a good chance to fix the boring decathlon concept

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

WebDog posted:

This year's biathlon has a twist.

A Russian twist.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Dog fighting would be sad as a new sport as China would sweep the gold thanks to Dog Beating Staff technique.

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly
Really I think Russia has already done more damage to the reputation of the Olympics than any terrorist could ever do.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Rambling Robot posted:

This year's biathlon has a twist.

A Russian twist.

specifically, 1 in 240mm

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I just saw an interview of a family of four who were just at the airport, waiting to get on a plane to Sochi. The father, beaming proudly, said that they had paid 20000 for the privilege of attending and that getting to see the Olympics live was, for them, basically a long-time dream come true.

That amount of money should buy your family a second tarp over your head in case the first starts leaking! Maybe an extra dog in the wall, too!

edit: The father jokingly said that he was prepared to "get some overalls and start painting if the walls weren't ready yet." They seemed like nice people, I really hope for their sake that it doesn't have to come to that.

barbecue at the folks fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 7, 2014

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

oh dear, it appears the tarp has sprung a leak

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

seriously guys, somebody needs to do something about that leaking tarp

Sakarja posted:

Enjoy traditional Russian sleeping experience!

In the Olympic Village
The tarp has sprung a leak
And the stray dogs I've trapped
Have all become my pets
And the mirrors are one-way glass
And the tarp's also the ceiling
Don't get tapwater near your face
Unless you're not fond of seeing

Sochi Winter Games
Mmmmmmmhmmmm
Sochi Winter Games, yeah
Mmmmmmmhmmmm

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

what the gently caress kind of Russian super-bus is this?!

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's the Volvo Goblin Shark.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Transformers 4 filming

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

The Rage posted:

Transformers 4 filming

looks like rigid tarps with wheels which are also tarps

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
sochi bad

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I hopeful that whenever putin walks into a venue during the games, this music will play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpPsbkHzrok

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Kombotron posted:

looks like rigid tarps with wheels which are also tarps

With carefully hot glue gunned transparent tarps so prisoners can see outside.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

You've never heard of moguls? Have you ever seen a ski mountain before, in pictures even? What's wrong with you. Shameful, just shameful.

Hey... are they shooting some sort of... arrow? With a bow? What sport is this, never heard of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

CLAM DOWN posted:

Its a Colani design.
https://www.google.com/search?q=col...pell=1&tbm=isch

• Locked thread