Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingJackalope
Aug 10, 2007
More than a rabbit?
So This person is working on a WTNV-themed Tarot deck. What they have so far looks pretty drat cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
The fan art community generally weirds me out, but I gotta say that's pretty drat cool.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
If Zack Parsons comes to a live show, and we also have maxmona and earwicker there, that's like the equivalent of having one Lowtax.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

KingJackalope posted:

So This person is working on a WTNV-themed Tarot deck. What they have so far looks pretty drat cool.

Cecil being The Fool is pretty much the best choice. :allears:

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

KingJackalope posted:

I thought radio stations west of the Mississippi began with K.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Knockknees posted:

Unless they're really old, that generally holds true. WKY in OKC and WEW in St. Louis are old enough to not fall under the convention.

I dig what they're doing with the tarot cards.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

KingJackalope posted:

Oh wow. I didn't expect Hannah's stuff to pop up in here. That's actually an IRL friend of mine. I told her about the shout out and now she's really happy you guys like it. The top post on that link refers to a livestream she must have done yesterday, so I poked her to see what the progress on the Death card was. Here's what she sent me back, although she told me she's probably going to rework Carlos' face before she adds any color there.

KingJackalope
Aug 10, 2007
More than a rabbit?

Krysmphoenix posted:

Oh wow. I didn't expect Hannah's stuff to pop up in here. That's actually an IRL friend of mine. I told her about the shout out and now she's really happy you guys like it. The top post on that link refers to a livestream she must have done yesterday, so I poked her to see what the progress on the Death card was. Here's what she sent me back, although she told me she's probably going to rework Carlos' face before she adds any color there.

I'm glad to hear she's so pleased about it. It was the Wheel of Fortune card that really impressed me, personally.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Knockknees posted:

"Mississipi"? "West"? "K"? Next you'll be trying to convince us about that "mountain" thing again.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
:siren: Tickets for the show at The Majestic Theatre in Detroit are on sale. They're $25 each.

You can avoid the ~7 dollar Ticketweb per ticket "service fee" by buying them directly from the box office on Woodward Ave instead of buying them online. I think you can't do that until Friday though. It's open 7 days a week 11AM- 2AM, just go in the Garden Bowl bowling alley they have there as part of their entertainment complex and go to the counter.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 3, 2014

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I feel dumb asking this but can someone explain how the title "Deft Bowman" relates to this weeks episode?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

SalTheBard posted:

I feel dumb asking this but can someone explain how the title "Deft Bowman" relates to this weeks episode?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Able_Archer_83

It's a reference to a wargame that very nearly started an actual thermonuclear war.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
If anyone ends up with an extra ticket to the Dallas show, please let me know, I have a (goon) friend who would like to go but it's sold out now. Thanks! :D

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

The weather this week is awesome.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I don't know if this stupid/obvious or anything, but the conflicting timelines and the newspapers in this episode made me think that in Cassette, maybe the tapes were from an alternate timeline/universe where Cecil died.
One person had a theory that Night Vale is a nexus point for numerous different universes and that makes sense to me, especially with the subways and "Europe" and such.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Action Yak Police posted:

One person had a theory that Night Vale is a nexus point for numerous different universes and that makes sense to me, especially with the subways and all.

Things like Dana's adventures since being trapped in the Dog Park and the house that doesn't exist definitely support this theory.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Wait what no!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

Wait what no!

:stonk: Say it ain't so! I can't find the cancellation notice anywhere and there hasn't been any mention of this yet on the Night Vale twitter, can someone verify?

Pretend edit: Found it. That show was completely sold out, hope things get fixed. :saddowns:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
I have no idea what that's about. We're looking into it.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Just an error on their website. Show is not cancelled.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Whew! :toot: Just another alternate universe's website, obviously, nothing to see here folks.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Action Yak Police posted:

I don't know if this stupid/obvious or anything, but the conflicting timelines and the newspapers in this episode made me think that in Cassette, maybe the tapes were from an alternate timeline/universe where Cecil died.
One person had a theory that Night Vale is a nexus point for numerous different universes and that makes sense to me, especially with the subways and "Europe" and such.

I think it's as possible we're supposed to believe that what we know as Cecil Gershwin Palmer is whatever it was that was behind him at 15. Maybe it even yet believes that it is Cecil Palmer, having replaced the memories of the family being driven apart with something marginally healthier, although he remembers with relative clarity that his mother warned him that his death would one day involve a mirror. The way he recounts that is coherent with the interpretation of some non human intelligence understanding the concept of "happy memories about things one's mother said about one's future." but not knowing entirely how to pick what things would qualify as happy.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Taking that thought further, I wonder if the entity in Episode 33 that killed 15 year old Cecil even understood its own actions and might have possessed him as a way to fix the now 'broken' fleshy thing.

Also Lauren Sharpe's voice acting is unsettling in the best way. This Valentine's Day is going to be great.

Except for the Valentine's Day related deaths and property damage, of course.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

An alternate theory: There was a sandstorm at the time, and the being who killed 15-year-old Cecil was 15-year-old Kevin giving his sandstorm buddy a big ol' hug. To keep the prophecies about Cecil and Night Vale Community Radio from going off the rails, the City Council and the Hooded Figures rebuilt him. Better, stronger, faster than he was before, but with a fair bit of memory loss due to trauma.

What I'm saying is maybe Cecil has bionic radio superpowers.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I always thought that it was a spooky cassette tape.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I wish I could justify an 8 hour drive just to see a live show :( There really needs to be one closer to Ohio than Philly.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

I wish I could justify an 8 hour drive just to see a live show :( There really needs to be one closer to Ohio than Philly.

Well, last I heard Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Indianapolis were all closer than Philly. But also hold your horses we're not done confirming all the shows for March yet.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I've driven from Pittsburgh to Cleveland before and it was only a 2 hour drive but that was in the 90's before they built The Wall

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

maxnmona posted:

Well, last I heard Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Indianapolis were all closer than Philly. But also hold your horses we're not done confirming all the shows for March yet.

I live in Kansas City. Should I keep planning St Louis or hold off?

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Is there any chance of a Minneapolis/St. Paul (or hell, any city in Iowa) show? I am totally prepared for an 8-hour bus ride to Chicago, but I would have a much greater chance of convincing people to come with me if it was closer.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
I'm still holding out a bit for an Austin show, but it's not looking too likely at this point. I kind of waited when the Dallas show was posted, and it sold out in three days. I'm considering a trip back up to Oklahoma City for that weekend now, but I'm not sure yet.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I live in Kansas City. Should I keep planning St Louis or hold off?

Wait what? They're coming to St. Louis?!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Astrofig posted:

Wait what? They're coming to St. Louis?!

I was mistaken.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Just another vote for a St. Louis show. I'd be bringing no less than four other WTNV fans.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Just another vote for a St. Louis show. I'd be bringing no less than four other WTNV fans.

I'd bring at least 2 more fans from Springfield with me if NV were to play in KC or St. Louis.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
I'm just waiting for it to get big enough that international tours are no big thing.

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me
Welcome to Night Vale High is creepy and makes me sad.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

usb teledildonics posted:

Welcome to Night Vale High is creepy and makes me sad.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I love Welcome to Nightvale high :2bong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm so mad right now. I found out that they were going to be in Atlanta today, and went to check it out. They're going to be here in March, and that poo poo is already sold out. I'm furious.

So which one of you fuckers is going to sell me their ticket?