Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (November 11-13, 1926)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

She sure does hate that baby.

Volume posted:

Ham Shears January 27th 2014

My favorite thing about Ham Shears today is noticing that, to Ham Shears, tucking your pencil behind your ear=balancing your pencil on top of your head.

Luann

1. He's so used to authority figures getting on his case all the time (including the times when his behavior is justified) that he just turns himself in for his regularly scheduled punishment without even bothering to try to plead his side. Somehow we are supposed to be happy about this.
2. He clearly still cares about his studies, though, because he gives a poo poo about the killer math test on Friday.
3. In a real human interaction the principal would tell him there's no camera and Leslie would realize that Knute and Crystal made a fool out of him and then they would pay.

Presumably the sad shadow slumping off in the background is an indication that Leslie got the bullshit suspension he requested for defending himself from another student who attacked him. Happy ending! Leslie is a Bad Kid.

Apartment 3-G

I like to think the colorist took some liberties and Tommie wasn't meant to be wearing gloves here. I mean, those are clearly regular hands and not gloves. :allears:

Oh, fine, ruin everything. :mad: Still, unsurprising to note that the colorist did a better job of reading the script than Bolle did.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I hope this all leads to JJJ thinking Robbie is Spiderman.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Arlo and Janis

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Julet Esqu posted:

Presumably the sad shadow slumping off in the background is an indication that Leslie got the bullshit suspension he requested for defending himself from another student who attacked him. Happy ending! Leslie is a Bad Kid.
Could someone with edit skills please give Les the face of John Bender? Bonus points for raising the arm in the last panel.

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

So far, that :burger: is my favorite part of this comic.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (January 25th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Ok, ok, so I'm not Axemaniac or Scarycave or Borden.

Cricken_Nigfops fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 7, 2014

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Some Guy TT posted:

Comics (January 25th 2007)

La Cucaracha

I want this strip to die

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LvK posted:

I want this strip to die

I was going to quote part of a wikipedia article stating that the strip ended, but apparently to my great surprise it's still around. It's like a worse Hispanic Boondocks. Speaking of which, apparently this week, it's "parodying" the Boondocks.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Tony is calling because his underling was able to get a text to him. He's either going to give Spidey another suit of armor (most likely the pointy mask version from early Avengers) or some doohickey that will reduce JJJ's armor's strength to that of roughly two angry Girl Scouts.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Pakled posted:

I was going to quote part of a wikipedia article stating that the strip ended, but apparently to my great surprise it's still around. It's like a worse Hispanic Boondocks. Speaking of which, apparently this week, it's "parodying" the Boondocks.

The guy who's drawing it, Lalo Alcaraz, got hired as a writer for Seth MacFarlane's newest show, "Bordertown".

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
This guy is identical to the love interests of the other two women, right down to the aqua blue blazer and starched white button-up with top button casually open.

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

In all seriousness, what the gently caress is going on in this story? It started with the lovely copy/paste job of old strips, but I am at a loss to understand the direction it's moved in.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Sexy Strong Female Character is emasculating The Unattractive Man With A Small Penis. If you've read the Day by Penis edits in the Political Cartoon thread, Brooke is basically running the exact same kind of "story" as Muir, just with a different ideological bent.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh god, Chris Muir is still doing comics?

I haven't thought about that name in a long time, since I tore myself away from the political cartoons thread.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Code Jockey posted:

I haven't thought about that name in a long time, since I tore myself away from the political cartoons thread.

Save yourself and do not return.

It is... too late for us.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

Oh, Muir's strips are still the high point of the day in the political cartoons thread.

(chuckles lightly, then abruptly breaks into racking sobs)

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I know this is an old comic but "I-Phone?" and it's a flip phone shaped like a Nintendo DS?

Did Boyce ghost-draw it?

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

The Sexy Strong Female Character is emasculating The Unattractive Man With A Small Penis. If you've read the Day by Penis edits in the Political Cartoon thread, Brooke is basically running the exact same kind of "story" as Muir, just with a different ideological bent.

Please just stop. My mood is sour enough today without politoon poo poo leaking out all over it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Save yourself and do not return.

It is... too late for us.

Selachian posted:

Oh, Muir's strips are still the high point of the day in the political cartoons thread.

(chuckles lightly, then abruptly breaks into racking sobs)

I see things haven't changed too much, then. :v:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Transmodiar posted:

In all seriousness, what the gently caress is going on in this story? It started with the lovely copy/paste job of old strips, but I am at a loss to understand the direction it's moved in.

I think the guy is a Nazi? And the lady was maybe pretending to be a Nazi but she's actually a spy I think? And they were definitely boning but I can't tell if it was for spy reasons, if it was because they were in love, if the guy was forcing her in that "I'm a Nazi so you gotta do what I say" kind of way, or if it was some weird combo of all three? And also I honestly can't tell if Brooke wants us to sympathize with the lady or the Nazi. Brooke truly has a way with storytelling.

Juliet Jones

"Why does it smell like farts?"

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

"The huge bulk of Sam." No kidding, Narration Box. He's such a fatass, even his hat looks like pie.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Johnny Hazard

I keep hoping this strip will quit being about dumb plane fights, but it's seeming less and less likely. I'm probably going to bail on this one if something doesn't happen pretty quick.

I admit I enjoyed the dialog in this one at least.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Lio has been really crappy this week. Sorry.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

I expected more from this, but nope, she just did a nice thing.

Rex Morgan MD

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Wasn't this an SNL skit or something?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Mandrake is a comic strip written such that I fully expected the guy to make off with a penthouse.

Luann is a comic strip written as to be reprehensible to anyone with half a brain. Surveillance is totally a good thing you guys, it makes bad people be nice, that's worth having a camera in your bathroom!

e: fully aware that there actually weren't any but neither does the idea receive any sort of reflection

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 7, 2014

Esseb
Jun 29, 2008
Quincy

Classic Prince Valiant

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Was it the History Channel?

Retail

Hope you have a gun behind that counter Val.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Hey, Refurb found out Karl's weak point! Now move on to Bleeker!

Dustin

A Zits joke? Surely professional stand-up comedian Steve Kelley can do better than that!

On the Fastrack

You're the one forcing me to upgrade my phone every two years!?!

Safe Havens

What do you know Holbrook did think of the implications of impulsivity and came up with some nonsensical cop out.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

I can't help it, I just love that comic. :v:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Soylent Green is made from salespeople!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

A Zits joke? Surely professional stand-up comedian Steve Kelley can do better than that!

Ed is actually impressed with the news coming out of #BadSochi. It's a shining example of profitable efficiency!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 10, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

BOFFO :bang: SMASHEROO :bang: :bang:

Oscar? Did they seriously forget this was going to be a TV movie?

Popeye

Swee'pea will be tried as an adult. The Navy doesn't give a drat.

Rip Haywire

Pogo, in which Churchy takes the pragmatic approach to baby naming. (February 10, 1956)

Out Our Way (May 26-27, 1924)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac presents us with the greatest sound effect ever today.

The Creeps doesn't come with trigger warnings, hold onto your tits.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The Creeps is too good.

Fingerpori

I kinda wanted to use horsing around instead of rampaging but I suppose it's better not to add any lame puns of my own.

Fok_It

NICE.

"Boikotoitais. Loikoiltais." ("We'd boycott. We'd laze around.") was what I turned into that apricot line. I thought it sounded funny :3:

tiistai fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 7, 2014

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I expected more from this, but nope, she just did a nice thing.

Don't be fooled, Mary's just laid down a tactical pre-meddling move. This softens up the meddle-ee, and makes the transition to full scale meddling easier. :v:

Jane's World

Welp, now you know. Jane's Mom is a bit, um, "chunkier" than I expected, I guess.

Non Sequitur

Sure.

Heavenly Nostrils

They're talking about 4'33". My younger son is finishing his Music Ed. degree. He's a percussionist and plays in a one of several percussion ensembles at the university. They played this piece, and even he said it was "kinda different". I enjoy much of Cage's other stuff -- even though it can sound like two freight trains in a head on crash occasionally. :v:

Kliban

:lol: That was good!

9 Chickweed Lane 2/7/2003

Ok, I admit, I laughed at that. It finally got reasonably funny, Brooke, let's move on now.

Zits

Huh. Sarah's Jewish. Pretty cool. I've been reading Zits for, like, forever, and I think this is the first time that's been made known.

Kevin & Kell

And another :ughh: for Holbrook, today.

Nemi

:haw:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

Huh. Sarah's Jewish. Pretty cool. I've been reading Zits for, like, forever, and I think this is the first time that's been made known.
Maybe she's a Mason.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

BOFFO :bang: SMASHEROO :bang: :bang:

Oscar? Did they seriously forget this was going to be a TV movie?

I don't think you understand how powerful and moving "Lisa's Story" is. Not only will this TV movie win an Oscar, it will also win the Purple Heart and a Noble Peace Prize.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

and a-waaaa-aa-aaaaaaaayyy weeeeeee goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/7/2003

Ok, I admit, I laughed at that. It finally got reasonably funny, Brooke, let's move on now.

Crazy Joe Davola!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Bitchtits McGee posted:

and a-waaaa-aa-aaaaaaaayyy weeeeeee goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

He's already had to make one joke change, who wants to bet on how many more he has to do before this little arc is over.

• Locked thread