Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

pun pundit posted:

Those of you who have used these mods before, is there any conflict between Crafting Overhaul and SPERG that I should know about? I am not going to install the Crafting Overhaul perk tree, so that's not an issue.

You'll probably want to disable the salvage option in SPERG, as CCOr's is more comprehensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Linnaeus posted:

If the black bars are a part of your enb, you should be able to disable them by opening up enbeffect.fx, finding #define LETTERBOX_VIGNETTE, and putting // in front of that.

Tried doing what you said here, but it ends up crashing my game. For information, I'm using the Realvision ENB and this is the line of codes as written in the enbeffect:

//Matso's Letterbox effect (set Your FOV to 80.0 or 85.0 or 90.0 in game for better effect)
#define USE_LETTERBOX_EFFECT 1 // blackens top and bottom of the screen
#define fLetterboxOffset 7.8 // size of screen to be blacken (in %) - Bars Size

and

// [NOTE : Letterbox effect code (by Matso)]
#ifdef USE_LETTERBOX_EFFECT
float offset = fLetterboxOffset * 0.01;
float2 sspos = fvTexelSize * vPos;
if (sspos.y <= offset || sspos.y >= (1.0 - offset)) _oC0.rgb = 0.0;
#endif

return _oC0;
}

Still not sure what to do.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Try changing the 1 in '#define USE_LETTERBOX_EFFECT 1' to 0

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

#ifdef USE_LETTERBOX_EFFECT will be "true" (that is, run the code) if it's defined to 1 or 0 though.

Try commenting out the "if (sspos ..." line?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
So this ENB I'm using makes the sun clip through mountains, buildings, roofs and so on. Is there any way I can fix this? Googling only gave suggestions such as "set bFloatPointRenderTarget=1" and "roll back to a previous driver for your Nvidia card", the former of which I already did because the installation said so, and I really don't want to do the latter.

I'm using the realistic preset from project ENB, though I might have cocked up somewhere along the line. Do you need to load ENB's through the mod manager?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Deltasquid posted:

Googling only gave suggestions such as "set bFloatPointRenderTarget=1" <snip> which I already did because the installation said so
If you're using Mod Organizer, be sure you've editted the .ini file your MO profile uses (located under \ModOrganizer\profiles\<profile name>\).

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Raygereio posted:

If you're using Mod Organizer, be sure you've editted the .ini file your MO profile uses (located under \ModOrganizer\profiles\<profile name>\).

or select the ini editor in MO itself and edit it through that

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Raygereio posted:

Mortimer posted:

or select the ini editor in MO itself and edit it through that

You two are my heroes. Thank you!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

In big collaborative project news: there's a team working on a quest mod set on one of Nirn's moons. They're aiming for something close to Dragonborn in terms of scope, with an estimated three-year development period.

Seems pretty pie-in-the-sky until you get to the bit where it turns out Michael Kirkbride is involved and throwing cash at the project :stare:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mammal Sauce posted:

In big collaborative project news: there's a team working on a quest mod set on one of Nirn's moons. They're aiming for something close to Dragonborn in terms of scope, with an estimated three-year development period.

Seems pretty pie-in-the-sky until you get to the bit where it turns out Michael Kirkbride is involved and throwing cash at the project :stare:

And trainwiz is helping them / acting as consultant. Kirkbride's whole stance is "canon is everything you want it to be", partially because he's a cool guy and partially because he wants all his forum posts and anything he blogs about to be "canon".

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I vaguely remember someone recommending an argonian run animation replacer a long, long time ago, but I can't find it on the nexus (no results for "argonian" under Animations). Does anyone remember this, or know of some mod that handles this? The way their tail lashes back and forth is distracting and makes no sense.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Can someone out there sell me on the Immersive First Person mod? I saw it listed in this thread, tried it out, and about threw up. I know it can be configured, but the MCMenu is absolutely horrible in that mod. I want to make a reasonable first person experience that doesn't feel like i'm playing a pogo stick simulator. How are people configuring this?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Mammal Sauce posted:

...how would you get to the moon, exactly? Do the moons have a breathable atmosphere in elder scrolls lore? Or is that not even a sensible question?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Does it really matter? I mean you have vanishing islands and water breathing magic. I'm pretty sure some master wizard could probably magick up a space breathing apparatus and go to town.

Also, Dwemer technology. The answer is always Dwarves.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

...how would you get to the moon, exactly? Do the moons have a breathable atmosphere in elder scrolls lore? Or is that not even a sensible question?

There's little to nothing about the moons themselves that exists in lore. Supposedly they're locations you can go to in TESO, which is probably as much canon as this mod will be.

Trainwiz also has a mod called Aethernautics, in which you get to go to the moon with a dwemer spaceship. It's neat.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

chaosapiant posted:

Can someone out there sell me on the Immersive First Person mod? I saw it listed in this thread, tried it out, and about threw up. I know it can be configured, but the MCMenu is absolutely horrible in that mod. I want to make a reasonable first person experience that doesn't feel like i'm playing a pogo stick simulator. How are people configuring this?

Uninstall it

Strudel Man posted:

~~~~ CHIM ~~~~~~~`

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Also, remember that the moons aren't planetary bodies, but rather the leftovers of a dead god, so like... you can literally do loving anything and claim it's canon.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gyshall posted:

~~~~ CHIM ~~~~~~~

Oh right. Forgot about CHIM.

The answer is ALWAYS CHIM

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

kaschei posted:

I vaguely remember someone recommending an argonian run animation replacer a long, long time ago, but I can't find it on the nexus (no results for "argonian" under Animations). Does anyone remember this, or know of some mod that handles this? The way their tail lashes back and forth is distracting and makes no sense.

I run a mod that gets rid of tails. :v:

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Mammal Sauce posted:

Aren't planets and moons in the sky the bodies of gods or alternative dimensions which are inconcievable to mortal perception so they seem like they are just circles... or something?

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

I run a mod that gets rid of tails. :v:

Me too! it adds a pair of scissors that you can equip to remove your tail D:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Gonkish posted:

Also, remember that the moons aren't planetary bodies, but rather the leftovers of a dead god, so like... you can literally do loving anything and claim it's canon.
It just seems like a rather substantial jump, so to speak, for what's otherwise a quasi-medieval setting in which magic isn't really all that transformative.

Admittedly, it doesn't seem as much of a stretch when I consider Morrowind, with the teleportation magic and that giant boulder fortress in the sky.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

nuzak posted:

Aren't planets and moons in the sky the bodies of gods or alternative dimensions which are inconcievable to mortal perception so they seem like they are just circles... or something?

That would be the Sun and the Stars which are the holes in reality that were left by Magnus and a number of lesser Spirits when they left Mundus upon the realisation that to continue working on Mundus would mean their end/absorption into the creation of it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm thinking about getting back in to Skyrim and blew away my install to start from scratch. Before for visual mods I was using the texture pack combiner. It appears that the book of silence mods are turning in to a complete texture replacer. How does that compare against TPC?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I use the big 3 TPC mods with SMIM, Realistic Water Two, Flora Overhaul, and all the Book of Silence mods and am quite happy with it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Book of Silence textures are great, but I want to throw up every time I read the name. It's like, christ man, just call it Username Texture Pack or something, why you gotta be so ridiculous.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
The Apocalypse spell pack recently got a major update that overhauled almost all of the spells.

Opinions on the new spells?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'm trying to do a run-through as a berzerker of sorts, without armor and dual-wielding, but I can't be naked like I should be (well, naked as in wearing the funny underwear, I'm not going to install a nude mod) because everyone laughs at me.

It would be nice if there were armors that were just pants, aside from the grungy pants available in prison.

So are there any mods that either add pants-only armors and/or get people to stop saying I'm naked when I'm clearly wearing funky undies?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Immersive Armours has the barbarian set which is basically a couple of straps and a loin cloth, I think?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Just use the loincloth version of the Fur Armor you nitwit.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Inverness posted:

The Apocalypse spell pack recently got a major update that overhauled almost all of the spells.

It seems like the author has eliminated a load of spells he felt were available in other mods and then... did... things. For someone like me that doesn't use the other mods in question I would lose most of the spells I got Apoc for in the first place, and the rest of the changes make no sense to me.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Any chance there's a list of said mods someplace?

(On my phone, otherwise of look.)

Burns
May 10, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

Its a matter of taste but definately turn headbobbing down to zero.

I personally like the mod. Its a toggle-able option meaning the vanilla first person view and third person are still there. Horse riding in first person (I couldnt tolerate that horrible third person camera!). Whats also cool is that you can set it to basically never go to third person (for example when you get fus ro dah'd by a Draug, your camera doesnt jump to third person). I found this mod to be very immersive.

On a separate note, since ever I migrated Skyrim from my system SSD to a new SSD, the load times have somehow gotten really bad. It can take a minute or more to load into a saved game. I did not have this issue on the main drive. Any thoughts?

Burns fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 8, 2014

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Burns posted:

On a separate note, since ever I migrated Skyrim from my system SSD to a new SSD, the load times have somehow gotten really bad. It can take a minute or more to load into a saved game. I did not have this issue on the main drive. Any thoughts?

It's entirely possible your SSD is bad, particularly if it's OCZ - they recently went bankrupt for a reason. You might want to head over to the Haus and run some diagnostics on it.

Burns
May 10, 2008

isndl posted:

It's entirely possible your SSD is bad, particularly if it's OCZ - they recently went bankrupt for a reason. You might want to head over to the Haus and run some diagnostics on it.

My main is an OCZ and its been fine for 2 years now. No, the drive in question is an ADATA. It seems to be an issue only with Skyrim.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dick Trauma posted:

It seems like the author has eliminated a load of spells he felt were available in other mods and then... did... things. For someone like me that doesn't use the other mods in question I would lose most of the spells I got Apoc for in the first place, and the rest of the changes make no sense to me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one baffled by the latest Apoc update. I knew he eliminated some spells but I wasn't aware that it was a lot. What gets me is that he expects you to clean-save and reinstall - what the hell? Aside from the giant pain in the rear end making clean saves for a number of characters is, adding the cost of reacquiring spells (to say nothing of lost spells) is just retarded. I also don't get the rationale of removing them because other mods add them. Why the hell should that matter? I don't want other mods, I wanted this drat mod.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Inverness posted:

Well, I'm using the new version alongside Midas, Dwemerverse, Forgotten Magic, and The Last Altar ( :getin: ) and the spells from Apocalypse New seem the most balanced of the bunch, not that I care about that.

(On a related note, Midas Magic is overpowered, but in a fun way!)

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, I'm using the new version alongside Midas, Dwemerverse, Forgotten Magic, and The Last Altar ( :getin: ) and the spells from Apocalypse New seem the most balanced of the bunch, not that I care about that.

(On a related note, Midas Magic is overpowered, but in a fun way!)

Midas annoyed the poo poo out of me in Oblivion because he named all the spells after himself and had this ~special snowflake~ method to learn them which was completely incongruous with the rest of the game. Is it any different in Skyrim?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

The Mad Archivist posted:

Midas annoyed the poo poo out of me in Oblivion because he named all the spells after himself and had this ~special snowflake~ method to learn them which was completely incongruous with the rest of the game. Is it any different in Skyrim?

Last time I tried out the mod you had to craft the spells. Like some random gem + a giants + gold bar to make some spell that pushes. I think the only spell I ever used from it was a walking chest summon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Mad Archivist posted:

No different, not that I mind it. It's a different ~special snowflake~ way, though, one that I like.

• Locked thread