Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Sawed off dominates B tunnels.

The AUG/SIG shouldn't be more powerful than the AK/M4. I always just assumed you were paying a few more Franklins for the privilege of putting a scope on your AK/M4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Pull it low, and to the left.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I'm fine with the Sig/AUG being better than the AK/M4, but make them $4000/$4200 respectively. They're a lot better than the AK/M4 right now, but I don't think they're $1000 better.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am for anything that increases the variety of guns actually used by players.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Stumbletron posted:

Today I learned that the Mag-7 is pretty accurate while jumping. I also learned that jumping shotgun rushes are the perfect counter to the buffed rifles in the silver ranks

I think I got reported :v:

All the shotguns ignore the accuracy penalty for jumping, so go hog wild with your bunny hopping nova/swag-7/sawed-off rushes.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

astr0man posted:

All the shotguns ignore the accuracy penalty for jumping, so go hog wild with your bunny hopping nova/swag-7/sawed-off rushes.

I heard that's the same case with running, too. Is it?

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

From what I've seen, you could be doing a backflip with the shotgun and you'd still hit your target.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Did the game stop crashing every 10 minutes for everyone else? I'm scared to dedicate time to launching it.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Fat Lou posted:

You are so far beyond drunk it is unbelievable. Literally, the worst guns in the game are Sawed Off and Dualies. The Sawed Off needs a little range boost or additional pellets+damage boost. The dualies just need to be a tad more accurate or have a tiny bit more damage. Trust me, I have used these dumb loving guns far too much.

Um, the sawed-off is the best shotty, don't tell me the mag7 is good because it isn't, its bad. With the sawed-off you get to pop heads AND pretend you are a gangster while doing it. poo poo, if my scout didn't have a shark on it, it might BE the best gun in the game.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Still no p90 nerf.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Man sometimes I think about Fat Lou & the pre-nerf Mag 7 and I'm just :allears: as gently caress.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Swad-off is op dudes. Took out an awper at range with it last night. He was bad but still.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Necc0 posted:

Man sometimes I think about Fat Lou & the pre-nerf Mag 7 and I'm just :allears: as gently caress.

I miss it so much. She was my first true love and Gaben had to snatch her away. Now all I have is the Tec-9 tramp.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

down with slavery posted:

top 3 worst guns in the game:

poo poo bronze. tec-9
poo poo silver. pump
poo poo gold. galil

the xm owns

If you can consistently 1 Deag at close range, you can do even better with the Tec-9. I occasionally choose it over the P250 on eco rounds, specifically when we just decide to team rush their weaker site. By Pump I assume you mean the Nova, the Nova owns face against unarmored opponents after you win the pistol round and has a great kill reward. Galil is the worst AR, but firing in 4-5 round bursts while aiming at the chest it does fine and is debatably more "spray friendly" than the AK. That being said the Famas is a far better rifle for half-buys.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Dvsilverwing posted:

If you can consistently 1 Deag at close range, you can do even better with the Tec-9.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

See: 1 Deag

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dvsilverwing posted:

If you can consistently 1 Deag at close range, you can do even better with the Tec-9.

I think the idea is that you should only need the 1 shot, and the tec-9 lets you move faster and shoot more if you need to than the deagle. I'm a big fan of the Tec-9 as well.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
I think everyone (including me) likes to overstate how much they like the deagle because you have to, uh, be a little good to get kills with it. So, when someone says they LOVE the deagle, and you don't, they are saying they are a better shot than you. I love the gun, I liked the old CS games, but I do not want this game to become where one dude with an AWP and an Deagle can just throw an entire team on his back every round. I think those guns being worse makes the game a little more reliant on team play. I'm sure everyone will disagree with this.

Regarding the TEC-9, I heard a rumor that it's first bullet, standing still, was slightly inaccurate/inconsistent at range. Is this baloney?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Why does everybody hate on the nova? :saddowns:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Whoever wants to represent team deagle, I will take you on in a one v one match with my Tec-9. First person to 10 kills. D2, Nuke, then Cache. Best of three. Winner gets a LUCK IS SKILL sticker.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
:siren: challenge accepted :siren:

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Clearly you have to fight Xen and record a demo of said match. I'm betting on Team Tec-9.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

down with slavery posted:

:siren: challenge accepted :siren:

Who ARE you?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I will bet the only stat-trak weapon I have on team Tec-9. It's a loving Nova.

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
Just learned how horribly overpowered the AUG is when watching a match between ESC and H2K on Twitch. Gentleman's Agreement said no AUG. One guy on ESC plays a round with it but gets no kills. H2K then even up an 11-2 deficit (Or thereabouts) buying up AUGs left and right.

Game's still on but not for much longer http://www.twitch.tv/nipgamingtv

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Lead Psychiatry posted:

Just learned how horribly overpowered the AUG is when watching a match between ESC and H2K on Twitch. Gentleman's Agreement said no AUG. One guy on ESC plays a round with it but gets no kills. H2K then even up an 11-2 deficit (Or thereabouts) buying up AUGs left and right.

Game's still on but not for much longer http://www.twitch.tv/nipgamingtv

yeah h2k came back to tie up and take it to OT.
All Delpans fault, face your right.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fat Lou posted:

Whoever wants to represent team deagle, I will take you on in a one v one match with my Tec-9. First person to 10 kills. D2, Nuke, then Cache. Best of three. Winner gets a LUCK IS SKILL sticker.

Do I hear a challenge to my name? The winds of battle howl once again. Come before me, heathen! :black101:

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 7, 2014

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Did H2K pull off the comeback?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Rosh posted:

Did H2K pull off the comeback?

Yes :geno:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I pop flash Long A and peek.

:csgo:

BOOM HEADSHOT

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Instead of having a slappy fight about which shotgun is better on the forums, why don't you guys come into the server and prove it.

This is a call to arms, choose your shotgun, and meet me on the fields of buttmen.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 8, 2014

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
XM supremacy.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Dicking around in a not started pug with 1 AFK guy, while he's sitting in pit I'm tapping the Deagle at him (from top of ramp) with about a second inbetween each shot at center mass and it hit 1 shot. That's some pretty bad spread at range.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Dvsilverwing posted:

Dicking around in a not started pug with 1 AFK guy, while he's sitting in pit I'm tapping the Deagle at him (from top of ramp) with about a second inbetween each shot at center mass and it hit 1 shot. That's some pretty bad spread at range.

It's a deagle, you're shooting him from as far away as you're gonna get in a CS map, even the AK isn't pinpoint accurate at that distance.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010

The Orange Mage posted:

I am for anything that increases the variety of guns actually used by players.

I don't think the variety going sharply into Sg/Aug only loadouts, versus M4/AK, changes anything up. Prenerf we had people using all the pistols with the extremely rare deagle, and SMGs made the field a lot more. Even though a lot of silver/nova area players never use Famas/Galil, they should really push those guns up a little more, and if they want to keep these insanely fast scoped rifles, they should increase the price a generous amount to keep things on level.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
They're going through the same pattern that they did with the XM and deagle. Crazy buff it and let everyone have fun for a few days until they push out the actual stats so that people don't bitch about the incremental change. Sometime this week the aug/sig will be nerfed significantly but they'll end up slightly ahead of where they were last week.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Necc0 posted:

They're going through the same pattern that they did with the XM and deagle. Crazy buff it and let everyone have fun for a few days until they push out the actual stats so that people don't bitch about the incremental change. Sometime this week the aug/sig will be nerfed significantly but they'll end up slightly ahead of where they were last week.

Not a single person using them in a full ESEA pug. Interesting, because when they buffed the XM they were all over it, matches with only the XM being used etc.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
*~spread them aug wings*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
[ MISC ]
- Several adjustments to improve performance for a range of hardware configurations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Dvsilverwing posted:

Not a single person using them in a full ESEA pug. Interesting, because when they buffed the XM they were all over it, matches with only the XM being used etc.

Because it's no fun for anyone if all the CTs do is Aug up every round. Look at what happened at the EMS qualifiers today, or any MM match apparently. Who are you on Steam anyways?

• Locked thread