Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Would like an invite on my warrior, Hobofarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

New stuff coming happening soon:

The past weeks we have been working on developing a custom event under the name "Servants of Justice" for all our realms which will bring unique tokens and trinkets. The event will be fully announced in greater detail and released tomorrow, a small spoiler can be seen below. (Spoiler shows some dude on a turtle in Booty Bay).

Also (ED-specific):

The Dragons of Nightmare are expected to hit the realm on Wednesday the 5th of February 2014 (announcement will follow).
Our Database development are in progress of polishing the low level issues with high level of detail to the everything in order to bring the true blizzlike Vanilla experience.
We are currently making progress on fixing NPC Combat, Caster and Melee AI, this will hopefully improve the experience all tanks have in a PvE enviorment.
Fully working War Effort and Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest line together with AQ40 opening gate event is being prepared on our PTR servers, it is expected to reach Emerald Dream shortly after the Dragons of Nightmare.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Also: Resistances and Auras are getting rewritten to match a fully blizzlike system for all 1.12 realms - to be expected in the upcoming days.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I saw that, but it was only shown under Warsong so wasn't sure if it applied to us.

I wonder what these events will be and whether they will be a 'one winner' type or if everyone can complete the items like quest(s).

siig
Apr 4, 2005

I just assumed ED gets counted under "all 1.12 realms"

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

drat, I was really hoping I could hit 60 in time to get in on the ground floor on some of the AQ pre-opening events (like the mini-bosses in Silithus). At least maybe I'll get the chance to see it as I level through that zone.

siig posted:

Also: Resistances and Auras are getting rewritten to match a fully blizzlike system for all 1.12 realms - to be expected in the upcoming days.

Hopefully that means pet resistances will work? I understood they were bugged when I first started playing on ED a while back but haven't checked lately.

Also, I got a botter suspended yesterday. :getout:

tadashi fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 31, 2014

Bohemienne
May 15, 2007
It's almost like the GMs were just waiting for us to down Nef to start the AQ leadup events :allears:

(lolno who am I kidding, what are we, Team Plague or something)

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

We are short 1 healer in ZG, can anybody come?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Bohemienne posted:

It's almost like the GMs were just waiting for us to down Nef to start the AQ leadup events :allears:

(lolno who am I kidding, what are we, Team Plague or something)

If anybody is going to pursue a scepter, I promise I will do whatever I can to help them kill the million bugs in Silithus, or whatever it is, to get the needed rep for Brood of Nozdormu.

E: I think it's 42,000 carapace fragments (or 10,000 + bugs to kill) you have to turn in per this page: http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/scepter+of+the+shifting+sands/.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: BWL run in 2 hrs

We are doing Firemaw - Nef tonight :siren:

If everything goes smoothly, we will also go do Onyxia afterwards.

tadashi posted:

If anybody is going to pursue a scepter, I promise I will do whatever I can to help them kill the million bugs in Silithus, or whatever it is, to get the needed rep for Brood of Nozdormu.

E: I think it's 42,000 carapace fragments (or 10,000 + bugs to kill) you have to turn in per this page: http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/scepter+of+the+shifting+sands/.

Yeah it's a lot... this pretty much has to be a guild event if someone is going for it. We can discuss who's interested in being the person (and dedicated enough to farm bugs many hours per day)

lapse fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 3, 2014

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

lapse posted:

Yeah it's a lot... this pretty much has to be a guild event if someone is going for it. We can discuss who's interested in being the person (and dedicated enough to farm bugs many hours per day)

Dibs. I already did it once :smug: at 70

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Hey all, we will be doing Onyxia at 7:30pm ET IF we have enough people to go 1-shot her. Log in early so we can get 2 Dargon heads tonight!

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

DrSeRRoD posted:

Hey all, we will be doing Onyxia at 7:30pm ET IF we have enough people to go 1-shot her. Log in early so we can get 2 Dargon heads tonight!

Doing this right now.

Need some healers please!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

All dargons and firemans dead, nice work again.

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light
If anyone's getting (or got) the nasty AV bug that crashes your client to desktop, I've seen that disabling addons and logging back in helps. You can enable the addons afterwards.

cynicalTechlord
Dec 19, 2013

Faster than a Voodoo3? Lol.
I suppose the incessant crashing this morning after the restart will mean TP was going for the new dragons. So they're a thing now. I wonder what the release date on AQ looks like now.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I believe they said:

DrSeRRoD posted:

New stuff coming happening soon:

The past weeks we have been working on developing a custom event under the name "Servants of Justice" for all our realms which will bring unique tokens and trinkets. The event will be fully announced in greater detail and released tomorrow, a small spoiler can be seen below. (Spoiler shows some dude on a turtle in Booty Bay).

Also (ED-specific):

The Dragons of Nightmare are expected to hit the realm on Wednesday the 5th of February 2014 (announcement will follow).
Our Database development are in progress of polishing the low level issues with high level of detail to the everything in order to bring the true blizzlike Vanilla experience.
We are currently making progress on fixing NPC Combat, Caster and Melee AI, this will hopefully improve the experience all tanks have in a PvE enviorment.
Fully working War Effort and Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest line together with AQ40 opening gate event is being prepared on our PTR servers, it is expected to reach Emerald Dream shortly after the Dragons of Nightmare.

So... some weeks?

cynicalTechlord
Dec 19, 2013

Oh, I don't know how I missed that. Nice.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I can't wait to put my life on hold so I can farm the poo poo out of some cloth.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

tadashi posted:

I can't wait to put my life on hold so I can farm the poo poo out of some cloth.

I wonder if they will keep similar numbers or cut it down a bit for ED.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 5, 2014

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

I wonder if they will keep similar numbers or cut it down a bit for ED.

No kidding. I was on a server (Archimonde) that got free transfers away due to bad latency right around the time the collections started it became a low pop server afterward and it took us forever to open the gates.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

AQ gear is so horrendously ugly that they can postpone it as long as they like. I won't be glad to be rocking that bug shoulders + bug dick dagger combo once again.

Bohemienne
May 15, 2007
Since we finished MC "speed" run (mostly) on time:

Fayrn pushed Shishkabob's eyelids closed. His lips traced the familiar shape of the last rites, but he faltered with the meaning behind his words. Was he betraying his vows to the Light to feel the way he did, to allow passion to angle its way into the dusty corners of his soul once more? What of his pledge to the noble order of Let's Get Weird--did he do them a disservice by letting his heart tug in one direction?
He forced himself to his feet and reached for the tome at his belt--but another hand caught his before he could.
"Domo Fayrn-sama." Subtle's tone was respectful as always, but something unfamiliar burned behind his elven gaze.
Fayrn gave a half-hearted shrug, though his hand didn't slip free from Subtle's warm grip. "More questions about healing assignments? I've taught you all I know--"
"N-no, Fayrn-onii-chan." Subtle's gaze dropped. "I just--do you think . . ." Red twinged his purple cheeks. "Do you think, even on this battlefield, love can blossom?"
Fayrn's heart hammered in his chest. He didn't hope Subtle could mean--he didn't dare believe--
Subtle brushed Fayrn's hair back from his cheek, his Sapporo breath warm and spicy. "It's you, Fayrn-sama. It's always been you."

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
http://huhuranisserious.ytmnd.com/ while on the subject of AQ40

Best part of vanilla servers is this 9 year old video is relevant again. :toot:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
:wtc:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
double :wtc:

jackthesailor
Jul 21, 2006
smokeblunts
Hardest boss in the game!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I thought I was being smart by sitting on all the BoE nature resist gear I pick up but I guess most of the rest of the server is doing the same thing?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Bohemienne posted:

Since we finished MC "speed" run (mostly) on time:

Fayrn pushed Shishkabob's eyelids closed. His lips traced the familiar shape of the last rites, but he faltered with the meaning behind his words. Was he betraying his vows to the Light to feel the way he did, to allow passion to angle its way into the dusty corners of his soul once more? What of his pledge to the noble order of Let's Get Weird--did he do them a disservice by letting his heart tug in one direction?
He forced himself to his feet and reached for the tome at his belt--but another hand caught his before he could.
"Domo Fayrn-sama." Subtle's tone was respectful as always, but something unfamiliar burned behind his elven gaze.
Fayrn gave a half-hearted shrug, though his hand didn't slip free from Subtle's warm grip. "More questions about healing assignments? I've taught you all I know--"
"N-no, Fayrn-onii-chan." Subtle's gaze dropped. "I just--do you think . . ." Red twinged his purple cheeks. "Do you think, even on this battlefield, love can blossom?"
Fayrn's heart hammered in his chest. He didn't hope Subtle could mean--he didn't dare believe--
Subtle brushed Fayrn's hair back from his cheek, his Sapporo breath warm and spicy. "It's you, Fayrn-sama. It's always been you."

This is...amazing. Oh my god.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

E: All full. :)

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 7, 2014

wipe up or ship out
Nov 5, 2008
Would like an invite. Gnome rogue named Florinsalam. Never played vanilla before, so that means I'll believe anything... have fun making fun of me!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I wanted to give this a spin but chrome says that it can't find the site the client download is supposedly hosted on. The link in the OP doesn't work for me :(

cynicalTechlord
Dec 19, 2013

Try this one here. I just grabbed the link from the feenix forums and, I think, is the one I used.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Can't find that one either. Yeah, now I recall that the MPAA equivalent of my country and such won some court cases and the ISPs were forced to block these PIRATE sites. So I guess if there are no mirrors on better sites, proxy seems like my only option..

cynicalTechlord
Dec 19, 2013

Yeah, unfortunately, Blizzard has gone around and asked for all of the direct downloads to be taken down so there aren't very many options. Just google for the client and look at all the requests. :eyepop:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
Managed to circumvent the block without a proxy, thanks to a more tech-savvy friend of mine. Woohoo, now downloading.

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
As of 2:20PM EST server is totally boned. Devs know about it according to forums. Hope you guys like 10+ seconds of lag!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Youth with a Skull posted:

As of 2:20PM EST server is totally boned. Devs know about it according to forums. Hope you guys like 10+ seconds of lag!

9 hours later and it's still down? Guess it's time to check out what some of the other wow-one servers are like?

siig
Apr 4, 2005

quote:

Updated at 6:35pm PST -

Emerald Dream and Archangel are currently down for network maintenance. We're currently upgrading our network infrastructure to alleviate lag & disconnects in the future.

We understand many of you have been frustrated due to the connection issues as of late. We are performing these upgrades to fix the connection issues.

We will continually update this announcement hourly.

Current eta is 9:30pm PST.

Dave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

tadashi posted:

9 hours later and it's still down? Guess it's time to check out what some of the other wow-one servers are like?

Updated at 6:35pm PST -

Emerald Dream and Archangel are currently down for network maintenance. We're currently upgrading our network infrastructure to alleviate lag & disconnects in the future.

We understand many of you have been frustrated due to the connection issues as of late. We are performing these upgrades to fix the connection issues.

We will continually update this announcement hourly.

Current eta is 9:30pm PST.

Dave

The think we have other things to do on Friday night? Pfft GOONS.TXT

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/forum-99/announcement-10-emerald-dream-archangel-down-for-network-upgrade/

• Locked thread