Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

(~18 months old)

(~8months old, cropped for dick.)

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Sorry for the iPhone photos, but since we added to our family this week, I had to post.

But first, our two pets that we've already had for 12 and 7 years, Jarvis and Rimet the cats (Jarvis is the sand colored cat, Rimet is the orange and white cat)

And here is the newest addition to our family, the dog we picked up from the Animal Rescue League last Saturday.

Here she was at the shelter meeting room when we were meeting her.

*You* try saying no to those eyes.

She's very shy, and her litter mate/cellmate at the shelter was assertive/aggressive so we're working on positive socialization techniques with other dogs, and with people. She does great with our cats (well, Jarvis mostly just avoids her, but the other one is good) and our 5 1/2 year old kid. They say she's an Australian Shepherd/Labrador Retriever mix, and she's about 31lbs and 6-7 months old. We named her "Anna" :)

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Lando, Leia, and Luke last Saturday.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Snow time for Buddy.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
The latest Barkley photo my parents sent me. I miss that dude.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Tired dogs are the best dogs.

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

What about a tired kitty?

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Seb's first real snow, he was a wee bit excited.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

This little girl here is Dempsey, and my wife and I adopted her a couple months ago.

Some of her favorite pastimes include chasing these little furry balls -

Watching water come out of our bathroom sink -

And falling asleep next to her dad while he browses the forums -

When we got her, she was underweight and just getting over a respiratory infection for which we had to give her pills for about a week or so. She's since been in perfect health and at 5 months old weighs exactly what she's supposed to.

How can you not love a cat who thinks this is a perfectly normal way to nap? Seriously, it's impossible.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 20, 2013

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

This is Thor. We fostered him for a month, but today we had to return him to the shelter. We loooooooved him but it was clear he needed a VERY big yard to play in, as well as someone more dog-savvy to stop his habit of rushing up to other dogs. I'm just super-sad right now, and hope PI doesn't mind me posting in this thread.

:smith:

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Oxford Comma posted:

This is Thor. We fostered him for a month, but today we had to return him to the shelter. We loooooooved him but it was clear he needed a VERY big yard to play in, as well as someone more dog-savvy to stop his habit of rushing up to other dogs. I'm just super-sad right now, and hope PI doesn't mind me posting in this thread.

:smith:

I'm right there with you.

This is a picture of our family's Australian Shepard, Luke. My dad just called me to say that his health is seriously deteriorating and that he may not make it to Christmas, which is the soonest I'd be able to see them. He's been with us over a decade. In the back of my mind, I had been telling myself to expect something like this since I moved away from home a year ago, but I definitely thought I would have at least one more chance to see him.

He's always been a loyal and very, very silly dog. I'm gonna miss him so much when he's gone, whether it's sooner or later. No matter how much losing him is going to hurt, though, the thought of never having him in my live feels so much worse.

Crusty Juggler fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 22, 2013

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
At my work we make people wear these for hours at a time.

I'm really hoping to find a good time to sneak into a study room with some equipment lying around, and get some pictures of one on Devotchka, though.

Until then, Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

voodoonoid
May 15, 2003

Turkeys fear me!
Been meaning to post pictures of my pets for awhile. I give you Bunny Hass the Christmas Bunny and Sequoia the Destroyer of Christmas Trees.

deeznuts
Aug 19, 2004

The X-15 Cruise Basselope
Stormy's Christmas present was a sunrise romp on the beach, she absolutely loved it :)

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!
:420: :420: :420: :420: :420:
So I just rescued this kitty about two months ago from a long-time friend who neglected him (she had a baby recently and already has two dogs, so this guy was malnourished, flea-ridden, worms, unaltered, etc) and I'm excited that he's finally mine, as I'm the only person who's really shown him any love since he was pretty small. She named him Hazel originally but I wasn't a big fan, so now he's Mojo/Steve/Wobuki

Also, I think he may be part Maine Coon.. (maybe just wishful thinking?)

Could anyone with Maine Coon experience tell me if they think the same?

The first pic I ever took of him, at ~8-10 weeks I'm guessing

Both of these were taken shortly after..

dat face :3:

These three are more recent, from oldest to newest

Bonus pics of my roommate's dog, Siddhartha, who I believe is some kind of shepherd/collie mix but I have no idea (first one is huge, sorry):

.. caught snugglin' next to Gawain, the angsty teenage boy cat:

and finally, Elvia, the only lady-cat of the house, revealing why all of the house plants are dead:

anaaki
Apr 2, 2008
Here is Pam Grier (P.G.), our 10-1/2 week old rottweiler/beagle mix. We're hoping she'll be a good size dog since mom was the rott, but as of right now she's only about 8 lbs.

And here is Holden Pawfield. Almost 3 years old now. Getting brushed by my 4 year old niece :) He's a cool dude.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Meet Hank the Cat:

I adopted him from the ASPCA this last Thursday, and he's already stealing hearts:

He was apparently abandoned to die in an apartment after the owners got evicted. I have no idea how you could leave this guy behind.

He is a big catte, though:

I'm 6'4", and he only barely fits on my lap. The inital vet visit put him at about 2 years old. He's got ear mites, but takes the drops like a champ (probably because I give him a treat afterwards).

But after a day in the bathroom, he seems fine just wandering my place and chilling when I'm gone, so he's all right in my book.

And now more pictures:

BlackCatMagic
Dec 27, 2013

This is Xander. It's hard to get a picture of him that doesn't look like a giant smudge of dirt since he's jet black, but this is a pretty good one. He's a little stinker, but he won his way into my heart despite his paper chewing habits. (It's hard to find a more annoying habit than that...)

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Here's Niko hiding on top of my Guinness comforter. Had to use the flash on my camera just to get him in the image. Also my cat's loving love that blanket. They knead it with their paws every time they jump on it.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
The view from loading the car before leaving my Sister in Law's house after a holiday visit this weekend.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Happy New Year from Kit. Rescue cat. She's great.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.
This is my buddy Icarus he is my boy Russian Blue.

Nephielle
Mar 25, 2005

by XyloJW

Here is a picture of my new kitty, Luca. Pls obey him, for he is demon catte, and enjoys eating fingers and such.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Nephielle posted:

Here is a picture of my new kitty, Luca. Pls obey him, for he is demon catte, and enjoys eating fingers and such.

WOW! That is the cutest kitten I have ever seen!

Oh look a picture of Icarus' sister Izzabelle being a sidways couch runner cat. She is also a Russian Blue.

OssiansFolly fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 9, 2014

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

OssiansFolly posted:

WOW! That is the cutest kitten I have ever seen!

Quick! Edit in a pic of your pet. Don't get probated:(

Here's Niko on the prowl. He's definitely seen something outside. Is it a tree branch swaying in the wind? Some snow in a weird pattern? Whatever it is it's obviously important.

DwarfWoot
Oct 31, 2013
Here's another (I think I've posted one before) picture of Paco (my 10 yr old Chug), and this is why any "sad animal" commercials never phase me:

He looks like that 90% of the time, whether he's happy or not. HE just has incredibly watery eyes, and has left me immune to sad dog looks.

(The other 10% he looks more like this:
)

AvianPundit
Feb 14, 2013

Lollercide
Little did he know he would be stuffed in a giant rear end carrier and flown across the country the very next day...

BusinessWallet
Sep 13, 2005
Today has been the most perfect day I have ever seen
Here's a good one of my pathetic little doofus Border Collie, Myles.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

My cat Dora did this thing the other day.

Nephielle
Mar 25, 2005

by XyloJW
Here is a picture of my newly adopted dog, Sammy. He's a p. cool dude! Settling in nicely, enjoying his toys, and etcetera. Sammy is about 1 year old, and very loving. <3

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!
This is Beethoven, my oldest cat who just passed away Sunday after a long life of 20 years. He spent the first 6 in an abusive home, before fate spared him from the shelter needle so that he might lighten up my life for 14 wonderful years. He was a deaf boy, but he listened with his heart and taught me so much about life and moving past what has happened to you. He nevet met a stranger he didn't adore, and would have loved to know every single person in the world.

The little tabby cat in the third photo is Butters, who became his constant companion and truly loved him. She's grieving for him now, and is still waiting for him to come lay with her in their pet bed. It's truly heartbreaking.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
Diaz caught a case of the hurps again. Looks like a video game glitch. What the hell, dog.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
My dog: the dork

http://youtu.be/1NFElgQkFGI

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Kitty Loggins is the kitten in the foreground, the cat in the background is Dr. Rockso

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
This fuckin' puppy:

Is too stinkin' much:

(X posting from my own thread, hope that's okay)

shahadien
Jan 5, 2014

Here is mine and my wife's puppy, The Dogtor, who turned 10 months old recently.

This is from when he was first born. He fit from the crook of our elbows to the palms of our hands.

Dogtor at one month old. He was the alpha of his litter.
He is at the top of the steps in this photo.

Here he is in his SuperTor outfit for Halloween.

He got groomed for Christmas at a "SPAW".

His first snow.

Playing.

Finally caught him sleeping in his favorite position.

shahadien fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 30, 2014

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

This is my parents' cat Ramona:

I picked her out at the shelter when I was a senior in high school. She was estimated to be about a year and a half old and that was in 1997. Today my dad's taking her in to the vet, probably to be put down, so I wanted to share some pics of her at her floofiest.

As she's gotten older her eyes have gotten a little :downs:

I'll miss you, queen bitch cat.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Rocky (or, "That Grey Motherfucker"):

Layla:

:saddowns: is her natural state.

raven4267
May 7, 2009
What can I say, we get bored around here sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I was helping a friend move and this little jerk decided he wanted to move with us.

This little stray kept trying to get in the house because it was cold (and the house smelled like fish).
So I scooped him up, wrapped him up in my jacket and left him in a chair on the front porch, to keep him out of our way.

We were all done packing and I went to grab my jacket but the cat was nowhere to be found.
...until we went to leave. He was sitting at the end of the sidewalk, right in front of my car, just waiting to go with us.
:3:

• Locked thread