Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

The wanderers need some chants in the first half. The place was quiet and dull until the sixtieth minute and then was nuts for the rest of the game. Very weird atmosphere.

They only really sing full tilt when they are drawing / winning. Still make more noise than most even when losing, and still way louder than the Cove at Bluetounge, however the Cove tend to be more erudite and less repetitious - although they really should stop chanting to "gently caress off home" in our stadium because a) it doesn't make sense we are home, and b) everytime it happens they get beat badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
As said, it always sounds a little quiet on tv unless the roof is blowing off, probably because most of the microphones are on the side of the pitch and so pick up most when the regular punters join in. I really like the push to get more instruments into the crowd because they carry really well.

As for the repetitive chants I think that will be less of a problem over time as more people come up with chants etc. Its just unfortunate at the moment that its dependent upon a distinction between "active" support and everyone else, since obviously if the ultras are a little flat its hard for the rest of the crowd to lift the atmosphere. I can remember a few years ago doing the "we're north end" chant at etihad, but instead of just north and south it included the general admission on east and west sides, a bit like the RBB do and while I honestly can't remember the score or who we played, I really remember getting into those chants

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Tongues, if the game was vs Gold Coast I was in the eastern stand when that happened. For the first half it was north vs south then east started getting in on the act and eventually even west managed.

It more or less seems Roar have the plate now. And almost certainly a home grand final. Also Popovic really should be banned for three matches, I know all managers give a bit to the ref when they think their divers aren't getting enough free kicks but you don't shout that the ref is bent into the pitch side mics. Good work SBS for piping that through to everyone at home!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

Tongues, if the game was vs Gold Coast I was in the eastern stand when that happened. For the first half it was north vs south then east started getting in on the act and eventually even west managed.

It more or less seems Roar have the plate now. And almost certainly a home grand final. Also Popovic really should be banned for three matches, I know all managers give a bit to the ref when they think their divers aren't getting enough free kicks but you don't shout that the ref is bent into the pitch side mics. Good work SBS for piping that through to everyone at home!

Could well have been! Would probably have been that era. Weird to think how much has changed, and also how much of a shame it is not having the gold coast anymore. At least there's rumblings of the Fury coming back, I always liked that lot

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I missed the game, was it any good as a 1-1 draw?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Alex_R posted:

gently caress I missed the game, was it any good as a 1-1 draw?

If you enjoy screaming abuse at Yusef Hirsi for doing the ashley young then yes it was great.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

If you enjoy screaming abuse at Yusef Hirsi for doing the ashley young then yes it was great.

I'm easy, whatevs sounds just alright

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Then you would've loved that poo poo. Second half was a bit better, first half was pretty much hoof hoof foul, hoof hoof hersi dive.

Now to see if they've run an internet cable out to Albury yet so I can stream

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
If your feeling dirty, I'm between places and am using Foxtel Play (The IPTV service) for my sports fix (And secret Bargain Hunt Fetish), and it's not too bad and beats a shity stream hands down. If your stuck with Telstra for a landline provider, it's quota free.

For $50 bucks a month it can delvier all your A-League and other pay-tv sporting needs without a contract, and no sign up fee.

Alternatively if you have a really good mate or relly with Foxtel, grab their online log in and use Foxtel Go for nix. It's free for up to three devices, but cant be used on Samsung TV's. Up until the move I was doing this for my mate in the Gong, and i'm up here on the central coast, and there was no drama llama. When I complete the move, i'll give a log in to my inlaws as thanks for putting up with me.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Holy poo poo, I think my olds have foxtel - I'll be looking into this!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Holy poo poo, I think my olds have foxtel - I'll be looking into this!
My mum definitely does and I'll be setting this up asap!

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

MiniSune posted:

They only really sing full tilt when they are drawing / winning. Still make more noise than most even when losing, and still way louder than the Cove at Bluetounge, however the Cove tend to be more erudite and less repetitious - although they really should stop chanting to "gently caress off home" in our stadium because a) it doesn't make sense we are home, and b) everytime it happens they get beat badly.

The chant away is actually "take 3 points and gently caress off home" so yeah.

quote:

They only really sing full tilt when they are drawing / winning
Yes, when they've literally lost half a dozen games in their storied history they don't know how to take it.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Be warned, you only get on foxtel go what the main subscriber gets - if they dont have sport for some reason, you wont get it on fox go.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Anyone know who is broadcasting commentary on the radio for the Victory game? The sound on my tv's died.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Alternatively does anyone know how Muscat has sapped so much attacking creativity out of our side?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

NinjaSteve posted:

Anyone know who is broadcasting commentary on the radio for the Victory game? The sound on my tv's died.

Abc central coast and Victoria as well as abc grandstand digital.

Mariners start well, stop attacking and conced off a dumb hutch foul. We aint a shade on last year so look for a victory win.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

MiniSune posted:

Abc central coast and Victoria as well as abc grandstand digital.

Mariners start well, stop attacking and conced off a dumb hutch foul. We aint a shade on last year so look for a victory win.

Awesome, thanks man. Wasn't on during the first half, but seems to be working now.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

NinjaSteve posted:

Alternatively does anyone know how Muscat has sapped so much attacking creativity out of our side?

in training, any time somebody does something tricky muscat screams out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and goes through them 2 footed.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Someone help I forgot about the game and now I'm at a party and I can't see the game. Are the goodies winning? I hate socializing

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

My word, this is a game.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Tongues posted:

Someone help I forgot about the game and now I'm at a party and I can't see the game. Are the goodies winning? I hate socializing

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Oh ya sorry, we're 2-1 up. Ibini tapped in a spill from Coe early on, and Troisi followed up a Finkler free kick to equalise in injury time, and 5 min into the second half Traore set Archie up for a tap-in.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

No, Melbourne are.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Adnar posted:

No, Melbourne are.

Wow.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Troisi refuses to use his right foot for ages and finally does to slot home our third. So one footed and still so good.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm ok with this. I'm at a party with a silent disco so no one knows I'm listening to grandstand. The secret is to dance like a spastic

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I'm ok with this. I'm at a party with a silent disco so no one knows I'm listening to grandstand. The secret is to dance like a spastic

Ahaha. We could have had a contender for goal of the season of it wasn't for Archie and his inability to stay onside

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Mariners deserved losers but more quality reffing again with the non pen call.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That was a pretty weak goal to concede, Sydney. Even by your standards.

E: hahahaha Sydney had the shittest defence in the league.

iajanus fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 8, 2014

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

It's kicked off with SFC fans and club, someone has chucked water on Frank Farina and Cove removed due to banner calling for CEO/Chairman and Coach sacking

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I can't stand properly did we win

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Adnar posted:

It's kicked off with SFC fans and club, someone has chucked water on Frank Farina and Cove removed due to banner calling for CEO/Chairman and Coach sacking

Haha, brilliant. I'd love to throw water on Farina tbh

Tongues posted:

Smashed them.

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 8, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Just got home, but wow they cleared the cove end?

Thats not cool.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

You came, you saw you kicked butt.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
That's good enough for me, I finished my drinks and now I'm pretending to be sober and charming. Wish me luck

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
That's good enough for me, I finished my drinks and now I'm pretending to be sober and charming. Wish me luck

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

MiniSune posted:

Just got home, but wow they cleared the cove end?

Thats not cool.

Cove displayed this:

So SFC had members removed.

Rest of Cove walked in solidarity (others in 23 are just blowins)

Fox showed hundreds outside main gates at half time who left and were chanting demanding removal of mgmt

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sydney doing their best to do absolutely no defensive work tonight.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Welcome to Victory's world Adnar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Shmoses posted:

Welcome to Victory's world Adnar

We're not having a spastication attack because we got reprimanded for ripping flares or attacking supporters, no.

• Locked thread