Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Bragging about being a giant crybaby who can't handle reading words on the internet is extremely cool

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A person's close family member dies and in their grief they get drunk and make a poor choice of post and your direct response is to be a smug little highhorse schween about it.

Its true what they say about anime fans.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

A person's close family member dies and in their grief they get drunk and make a poor choice of post and your direct response is to be a smug little highhorse schween about it.

Its true what they say about anime fans.

A person who is drunk and has recently lost a family member should probably not be making comedy value posts on the internet, but kudos to you for deciding when and where the forum rules don't apply, I'm sure Zorak is glad to have you on the moderating tea- oh wait.

This is a stupid dumb derail and it grows dumber with each GBS poster who decides to post in here. :getout:

In a effort to steer conversation back into something vaguely resembling worthwhile:

I wonder how that works then? It seems like adventurers are almost a force of nature at level 90, if they can get into the 200s+, then one imagines at that point they would be more akin to demi-gods to actual people, especially if they still have stuff like new abilities/new class features.

I kinda want to see what a level 200 enchanter looks like, both equipment and combat wise.

Arianya fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 6, 2014

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Myurton posted:

Guys you are forgetting that they could probably use sort of explosion magic in the bottom half of the cannon barrel instead of gunpowder, this is a world with magic after all.

If you're going to use magic to attack someone... why not cast a fireball?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

The Evil Thing posted:

If you're going to use magic to attack someone... why not cast a fireball?

Probably range. I expect a Adventurer abilities to have limited ranges(certainly not strategic range at least), while a level 90 fireball propelled cannon shot could probably go all the way to artillery range.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Conot posted:

A person who is drunk and has recently lost a family member should probably not be making comedy value posts on the internet, but kudos to you for deciding when and where the forum rules don't apply, I'm sure Zorak is glad to have you on the moderating tea- oh wait.

This is a stupid dumb derail and it grows dumber with each GBS poster who decides to post in here. :getout:

In a effort to steer conversation back into something vaguely resembling worthwhile:

I wonder how that works then? It seems like adventurers are almost a force of nature at level 90, if they can get into the 200s+, then one imagines at that point they would be more akin to demi-gods to actual people, especially if they still have stuff like new abilities/new class features.

I kinda want to see what a level 200 enchanter looks like, both equipment and combat wise.

Assuming that the level cap as per the new expansion still holds, it isn't possible to get past level 100. A level 200 item just means that it isn't usable. But hey, as excuses go that's a pretty good one.

Of course, it doesn't seem like anyone has reached level 100 yet, so who knows if there is even a level cap any more?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Assuming that the level cap as per the new expansion still holds, it isn't possible to get past level 100. A level 200 item just means that it isn't usable. But hey, as excuses go that's a pretty good one.

Of course, it doesn't seem like anyone has reached level 100 yet, so who knows if there is even a level cap any more?

AFAIK, no one has even reached level 91, and I think the Black Knight guild leader stated that level 91 required tons of XP, so I suppose even if there wasn't a level cap, you get to a point where it would take far longer then you could possibly spend grinding.

On the other hand, XP doesn't even make sense anymore, since the quests as they use to exist in the MMO seem to be gone, so your only source of XP is grinding mobs which is likely to be... less then stellar, especially with XP loss on death.

kazakirinyancat
Sep 8, 2012

Conot posted:

AFAIK, no one has even reached level 91, and I think the Black Knight guild leader stated that level 91 required tons of XP, so I suppose even if there wasn't a level cap, you get to a point where it would take far longer then you could possibly spend grinding.

On the other hand, XP doesn't even make sense anymore, since the quests as they use to exist in the MMO seem to be gone, so your only source of XP is grinding mobs which is likely to be... less then stellar, especially with XP loss on death.

How they accumulate XP really made me wonder. Like do they feel it aside from the progress bar on the status screen? Minori's party leveled up a few times and I really would've liked to see what happens at the moment level up especially with Rudy.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Speaking of Rudy, as a Person of the Land, how can he have class skills exactly? What I'm thinking is that he is one of the Knights of Izumo. They got horribly deleveled and thrown off to parts unknown more than likely because of the Apocolypse.

I've binged this over the course of my day off, loving it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Conot posted:

I wonder why the nitekrew is even allowed to post in ADTRW anymore.

Yeah, can someone please get rid of those boring trolls who post in that thread I don't like? Let's start with this guy.

Zorak posted:

words are cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Conot posted:

I agree that compassion and understanding have no place in the world if it gets in the way of baseless speculation about mmo anime.

Also I'm a sociopath.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Conot posted:

You need to fight mobs of no more than 5-10 levels below you, and presumably XP scales with relative challenge. While normally you could take some risks with engaging higher level monsters, and pay off the XP loss easily enough, that isn't an option anymore. More powerful monsters also are further from the cities, which makes it a pain to travel to when you're working with real time travel.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Livingtrope posted:

Yeah, can someone please get rid of those boring trolls who post in that thread I don't like? Let's start with this guy.

The difference between Zorak and all the people getting probates is that Zorak kept the shittyposting in the shittyposting subforum :ssh:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dante Logos posted:

Speaking of Rudy, as a Person of the Land, how can he have class skills exactly? What I'm thinking is that he is one of the Knights of Izumo. They got horribly deleveled and thrown off to parts unknown more than likely because of the Apocolypse.

I've binged this over the course of my day off, loving it.

Are we sure the Knights of Izumo aren't just the mods?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Xelkelvos posted:

Are we sure the Knights of Izumo aren't just the mods?

They're the event NPCs for when you need a mass combat scene I think, and need Adventurers who can fight endless hordes too.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

That presumes that goons would be capable of remaining organized enough to create and maintain such a house of horrors, instead of descending into infighting and accusations of bronydom within two months. EVE only works for goons as well as it does because it attracts the sort of :spergin:-focused minds that enjoy spreadsheets, and even there the non-Mittens leadership seems to have been a bit unstable over the years.

I like how the thread immediately produced its own little sniping match as if to prove your point. :v:

That said, maybe the infighting would just make things worse for the common man with everybody going all Goon of Thrones on each other.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
As a player of Crusader Kings 2 and other Paradox Grand Strategy games, I feel that I would be in a very good position to take over the world if it suddenly fused with a computer game.

:goonsay:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Elite posted:

I like how the thread immediately produced its own little sniping match as if to prove your point. :v:

That said, maybe the infighting would just make things worse for the common man with everybody going all Goon of Thrones on each other.
The thing I've observed about goons and nerds in general is that they really only have social cohesiveness in the face of an external enemy. The second they aren't the underdog anymore most are going to immediately try to recreate the struggle by introducing a new division, each side framing themselves as the noble few struggling against the vile many, because that's the way they understand the world and can relate to it.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Almost as if they were human beings or something. Holy poo poo.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

OWLS! posted:

Didn't the author mention that the local equivalent of the USA was in a state of relative chaos?

In our hearts, I think we know why this is the case. :smug:

It's mentioned in the Overseas story.

Somebody figured out the "how to make good food" trick and tried to horde it for themselves. The resulting riots and infighting have turned the Big Apple into a house of poo poo, so Leonardo bailed by going through a Fairy Ring.

The rest of the country is a mixed bag, according to the author's notes, which is more or less how it is world-wide. Someone translated a bunch of the world notes here. Lots of interesting stuff in there.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Vengarr posted:

Somebody figured out the "how to make good food" trick and tried to horde it for themselves. The resulting riots and infighting have turned the Big Apple into a house of poo poo, so Leonardo bailed by going through a Fairy Ring.

The rest of the country is a mixed bag, according to the author's notes, which is more or less how it is world-wide. Someone translated a bunch of the world notes here. Lots of interesting stuff in there.

I like how Johannesburg is essentially the same as it is in real life a city filled with skyrocketing murder rates. Also the fact that Israel doesn't exist so that no one can have a war over who claims the city is rather funny. For the record I just hate wars that have stupid reasons.

edit: Also some of the international raid area's sound rather interesting, I hope they expand on what is happening outside of Japan at some point.

Myurton fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Feb 7, 2014

kazakirinyancat
Sep 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

quote:

132.India
139.- Currently at war with Pakistani players.
The more things change huh?

Castlevania in Romania is so cliche but I would play the poo poo out of it if we had Elder Tale.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Miscellaneous Info posted:

Western Europe
Guilds:
- Straight Panties, guild that only wears panties on the lower half of their bodies. Made up of various races, but mainly werecats.

:catstare:

... where ... where else would you wear panties?

v- Oh. Keepin' it classy, I see! -v

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 7, 2014

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

DrSunshine posted:

You're misreading it. They only wear panties.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

DrakePegasus posted:

You're misreading it. They only wear panties.

Naked Gnome raid!

KoB
May 1, 2009
Running around in your underwear is a time honored tradition in MMOs.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Wouldn't the lack of gear make you rather vulnerable?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

veekie posted:

You got to ask yourself one question son. Are you a pansy, or are you a pantsy?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

veekie posted:

Haha, you think that's how MMO's work

http://tor-fashion.com/navari-the-shadowlands/

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I did that a lot in ffxi, actually. I will never forget my trusty libra subligar.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Maybe it's an entire guild made up of Ultimate Hentai Kamen fans?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Imagine your a ho hum raid boss, minding your business slaying pubbies. When suddenly the dust clouds form in the horizon. Instincts tell you it's another raid group, but something's amiss.

It slowly dawns on you.

These aren't ordinary pubs, it's the Straight Panties guild, charging towards you in only their namesake.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Anyone can look cool in an MMO. That is what most of them are based on, after all. Looking as ridiculous as humanly possible is a much more worthwhile endeavor, albeit one only marginally more difficult than trying to look cool.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

(Ep19)
So it finally happened. But it seems like he won't stay dead for long

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Did I misunderstand the earlier episodes? I swear they said before that As long as its done before the anima dispersal/body dissapearance that PoTL could still be rezzed like a adventurer, they just don't rez at cathedrals. This episode seem to say the opposite, that as soon as they hit 0 HP they're permadead (ignoring whatever Shiroe is doing in that episode preview)

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Holy poo poo, that came completely out of nowhere!

I love how the strategy map had hexes on. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I just love how Minori's growing up to be a mini-Shiroe. Her arc is probably the best in the whole show, it's so rewarding to see a kind of insecure, flaky girl turning into a badass strategist like him.

Well THIS sure is a surprise!! I'm sure that none of us saw this coming at all! But meh, I shouldn't have watched the preview -- looks like they'll be copping out on Rudy being Really For Reals Dead.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Conot posted:

Did I misunderstand the earlier episodes? I swear they said before that As long as its done before the anima dispersal/body dissapearance that PoTL could still be rezzed like a adventurer, they just don't rez at cathedrals. This episode seem to say the opposite, that as soon as they hit 0 HP they're permadead (ignoring whatever Shiroe is doing in that episode preview)

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I kind of assumed the 'immortality' adventurers got was that they were able to resurrect at a cathedral when conventional resurrection methods couldn't be applied, and that revival spells still worked on PoTL

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Conot posted:

Yeah I thought that was what the wizard guy told Shiroe. I though that they just wouldn't have resurrection spells because they were low level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Considering the preview, I bet Shiroe will form some sort of "contract" that makes Rundel a...erm, pet or minion or something? I think that doesn't fit the character, but it would kind of work, I suppose? That being under "Shiroe's possession" would make him able to resurrect once more Holy poo poo, that'd be terrifying, creating willing serfdom to adventurers because of the boon of semi-immortality. No way is this show going there.

• Locked thread