Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
"John Madejski has resumed control of Reading Football Club"

Looks like rather than the Russian selling to rich people from Oman or USA he sold his shares back to Madejski.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Bacon of the Sea posted:

"John Madejski has resumed control of Reading Football Club"

Looks like rather than the Russian selling to rich people from Oman or USA he sold his shares back to Madejski.

What do you think of Madejski?
From the outside it looks like he has bailed you guys out a few times now.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
If you read royals.org, there are those who want to see him let go because he's not an Abu Dhabi sugar daddy throwing cash about to take the club to the next level. But he stepped in when the club was in trouble, and the club wouldn't be where it is today if not for him. He's put in money where it's made sense, and the last decade has been the club's most successful period.

He brought the club because he thought saving it was the right thing for the community (I believe the story is that he wasn't even in to football) and he now genuinely cares for the club. His wealth isn't what it used to be, and his emotional attachment to the club is probably part of the reason he wasn't walked away. He has no heirs, so I reckon he should denote ownership to the community.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Having a Madejski or a Delia is better than getting involved with the foreign owner lottery. They might not have the money to piss up the wall but at least they won't do anything mental.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Blue Screen Error posted:

Having a Madejski or a Delia is better than getting involved with the foreign owner lottery. They might not have the money to piss up the wall but at least they won't do anything mental.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

It's even better for us because Madejski isn't insane/a drunk

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

lol point well made. But still I'd take the odd drunken on pitch speech over Venkys, Tan, whoever the gently caress owns Leeds, that Hull guy or worst of all, Americans.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.

lol point well made. But still I'd take the odd drunken on pitch speech over Venkys, Tan, whoever the gently caress owns Leeds, that Hull guy or worst of all, Americans.

we're owned by a top american so we're swell

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm a big fan of John W Henry and his ability to troll Arsenal and their fans.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Andy Flowers has pulled out of all negotiations involving the purchase of Leeds United. :toot:

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Cool, I look forward to supporting the hole in the ground where Elland Road used to be

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Andy Flowers posted:

“I entered discussions in good faith to buy this club for the simple reason that I am a lifelong supporter and sincerely believed that I could make a real contribution towards the goal of promotion to the Premier League and at the same time provide the stability and sound financial governance the club desperately needs.

“However, the emergence of Mr Cellino’s bid, and the nature of the transaction, seems to have crystallised the attitudes of both GFH and the Leeds United board, enabling them to dispose of the club with no consideration for its ultimate security and wellbeing.

“In effect, it is a ‘fire sale’ transaction which is not in the interests of Leeds United, its players, staff or loyal supporters.

“Both myself and my company, Enterprise Insurance, have been enormous financial supporters of the club for the last few years and while we may understand the commercial expediency which leads the owners to accept the superficially attractive Cellino offer, we remain firmly convinced this deal will not give the club the stability or investor commitment it badly needs.

“Despite our serious misgivings, we wish the team, the manager and fans well for the future and I remain a very enthusiastic Leeds supporter.

“I have no other comment to make at this time about outstanding financial and legal issues between us and the current owners.”

I fuckin love football.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

All of those are better than the worst alternative of all....

The Glazers

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I fuckin love football.

Haha Leeds

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Madejski is a fantastic owner and has been great for Reading as a town. He's apparently a nice bloke too, I remember reading a story somewhere about how a fan invited him to his wedding and he turned up to the reception, drank some pints and had a dance.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Is everybody ready for the real big game of the day? The Burn vs the Boro.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Cart Cam posted:

Is everybody ready for the real big game of the day? The Burn vs the Boro.

Youre going to get marmalised IMO.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Lmao at that goal kick it only just made it out the area

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

sharp going for some street justice. good lad

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Can't stop watching Warnock's goal https://vine.co/v/MWaHjwpFjra

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Pipski posted:

That's insane.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Early red card, doomed from the start

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Pipski posted:

loving hell that's beautiful.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It was so windy watching that match it was hilarious. Surprised only 1 team scored a goal like that as a result

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looks like for the first time in about 2 months today wasn't the worst day of Brian McDermott's career

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's getting sacked anyway once the Football League decide merely being investigated for embezzlement is acceptable and you can own the club anyway if you're convicted

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I wonder what it would take to fail the fit and proper persons test. Has anyone failed it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

I wonder what it would take to fail the fit and proper persons test. Has anyone failed it?

Wikipedia brought up all of 2 people. The first just gave control of the club to his son and the second was Craig Whyte

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Scott Bakula posted:

Wikipedia brought up all of 2 people. The first just gave control of the club to his son and the second was Craig Whyte

That guy that bought Racing Santander and then destroyed them failed the test when he tried to buy Blackburn, before Venky's took over.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

trem_two posted:

That guy that bought Racing Santander and then destroyed them failed the test when he tried to buy Blackburn, before Venky's took over.

Interesting. I thought the requirements meant you had to destroy 2 clubs before you got a 3rd chance

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Scott Bakula posted:

Interesting. I thought the requirements meant you had to destroy 2 clubs before you got a 3rd chance

ah yes, the Ridsdale clause

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It was (is?) seriously a rule where you're banned from being in charge of a club if they've gone into administration twice with you in charge

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
feeling sad today lads

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

feeling sad today lads

I'm here for you Pissflaps, I share your disappointment today

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Pissflaps posted:

feeling sad today lads

Me too, OP, me too.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

ForeverBWFC posted:

Me too, OP, me too.

at least you somehow squeezed a goal out of jukeywitz

we've had three 0-0s on the bounce and leeds won and im worried for the children that the MUST supports loving leeds

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Marching Up The Table

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

A good day for football

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
gently caress you all

Adbot