Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I have my doubts that normal cheap doors are the same thing as paper craft door. That thing probably feels strange to shut because it must weight nothing.

edit: I'm wrong.

Germstore fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

conceitedguy posted:

What's more, the door probably gave that guy the fail aids. What the gently caress is going on in Russia nowadays...?

Corrupt Oligarchs FTW!! LOL!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

what is 'fail aids'

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Phlegmish posted:

what is 'fail aids'

Worse than win aids that's for sure!!!!!

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Agrajag posted:

Hollow-core doors and doors literally made out of cardboard are not the same.

The way the facing tears off like paper lends credence to these doors being especially cheap.

theyre common, for hotel room bathroom door in russia there is literally nothing wrong here

Phlegmish posted:

what is 'fail aids'

when a bug-chasing attempt doesnt work out

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

what is 'fail aids'

from my extensive research into the concepts of "win" and "fail" within internet subcultures, "epic" and "aids" are used to denote that a subjehe's a loving idiot he's a loving idiot he's a loving idiot

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
The athletes fall down while trying to dance to weird old music event just started, ladies first. :getin:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Crewmine posted:

from my extensive research into the concepts of "win" and "fail" within internet subcultures, "epic" and "aids" are used to denote that a subjehe's a loving idiot he's a loving idiot he's a loving idiot

would you describe it as an antonym of 'epic win' or is there a more subtle relationship between the two concepts

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
I got excited when the announcer said the Canadian figure skaters were criticized for being too scandalous but it was just triple klutzes and whatever

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Agrajag posted:

Hollow-core doors and doors literally made out of cardboard are not the same.

The way the facing tears off like paper lends credence to these doors being especially cheap.

That type of door is not uncommon in commercial use :ssh:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That type of door is not uncommon in commercial use :ssh:

Hollow-core doors are extremely common, but come the gently caress on, the door in the picture is like an extremely cheaply made version. The facing is like paper as opposed to high density fibreboard.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Also, $51 Billion.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Judging by the lock jamming, yes it's some super cheap type. Or installed wrong.

And this is why the toilets are installed in tandem, so you're not stuck in the bathroom without company.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
why is nbc playing repeats of figure skating instead of live death luge?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

What if the toilets are actually a series of warping points, like a real life Russian Mario game? As in, this network of toilets is the public transit system in Sochi.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Level Slide posted:

What if the toilets are actually a series of warping points, like a real life Russian Mario game? As in, this network of toilets is the public transit system in Sochi.

wouldn't surprise me

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Can we stop talking about the door and start talking about figure skating lol

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Can we stop talking about the door and start talking about figure skating lol

Evidently doors are more exciting than figure skating. :goonsay:

You'd have to be lying if you aren't titillated by the pros and cons of a hollow-core door vs. solid-core door.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Agrajag posted:

Evidently doors are more exciting than figure skating. :goonsay:

You'd have to be lying if you aren't titillated by the pros and cons of a hollow-core door vs. solid-core door.
Cardboard door is cheap. In Russia is good.

We have tarp ceilings so cardboard doors are not far fetched.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
r.i.p. Germany

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wait, did NBC not show the mascots during the opening ceremony? I was talking to one of my friends about it this morning and she didn't believe that there were these nightmareish mascots skating across the arena at one point.

NBC not only nixed the mascots, they also chopped up the IOC President's "tolerate the gays, tolerate Russia's tolerance" speech :ironicat:

Seriously, if you're going to watch the Olympics in America, try and stream it from some other country. Thank god for Hola Unblocker.

Also, to continue my theme of Olympic mascot chat, here are some mascots of disasters past

See that terror bear next to Uncle Sam's inbred cousin and Rainbow Beaver (which is the best mascot)?

Thats Misha, the mascot for the 1980 Moscow games. Most western countries boycotted the 1980 games because of Afghanistan Invasion (a move I seriously thought they'd try again for the Sochi games, thats enough D&D for me)

Here's a cute story about Misha, from the book Made In Russia.

Made In Russia posted:

“Misha, the Russian bear, served as mascot—and merchandizing phenomenon—for the 1980 Moscow games. During the games themselves, Misha appeared as a giant balloon that was released during the closing ceremonies as a cartoon version of him shed tears on a screen and a choir of children sang ‘Good-bye, our sweet Misha.’ There was not a dry eye in the stadium.

“One can only imagine the tears that the mascot’s further fate would elicit: The balloon was recovered on the outskirts hours later, and put in storage where it was abandoned to be devoured by rats.

One can only hope history repeats itself :unsmigghh:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Cardboard door no keep out dog. Also no keep in bobsledder. Is mixed bag.

Edit: The Power Ranger: Panda Force literally blows every other mascot away, except maybe the greek ones because I like weird things.

Germstore fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 8, 2014

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Someone just wiped out

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you irl posted:

this figure skating is live, brother

yes nbc can air live stuff on tv

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
You guys were arguing about doors and missed someone fall haha

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

poo poo, my internet connection really doesn't like streaming the Olympics. Buffering every 0.2 seconds on both BBC and CBC.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

You guys were arguing about doors and missed someone fall haha

Apparently falling on your rear end means you score higher than the Great Britain program.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

this figure skating is live, brother

yes nbc can air live stuff on tv

why does google have medal results for this event then? how does olympics work

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

you irl posted:

Guess which stream the Luge is on!
Ten is repeating a 1:45 part of the Opening ceremony.
One just says it's not available.
1 seems to be some kind of weird highlight/camera panning over stuff/action shots of stuff happening of random events with no sound?
2 actually is the Ski Jump.
3 is Figure Skating that's been going for two hours.
4 is a repeat of the ceremony.
5 is nothing. And will be nothing until the next day. It will more than likely be more nothing.
6 is actually the Luge. Winner.

What is there to watch later in the day?

Jack poo poo! :hurr:

Who has that BBC iplayer Plug-In thing?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you irl posted:

why does google have medal results for this event then? how does olympics work

american capitalism means nbc tries to control the space-time continuum to recoup paying $775 million for this

also here's live death luge

http://www.vipboxus.co/winter-sports/206773/1/luge-men%27s-singles-run-2---winter-olympics-sochi-2014-live-stream-online.html

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

teen witch posted:

One can only hope history repeats itself :unsmigghh:
Not possible! In Sochi would be devoured by dog! Much improved, da?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vertical Lime posted:

american capitalism means nbc tries to control the space-time continuum to recoup paying $775 million for this

also here's live death luge

http://www.vipboxus.co/winter-sports/206773/1/luge-men%27s-singles-run-2---winter-olympics-sochi-2014-live-stream-online.html

thanks

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Thanks for this.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Skating to Floyd hell yes

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Nill posted:

Not possible! In Sochi would be devoured by dog! Much improved, da?

and then the dogs are devoured by rats.

it all comes full circle.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Stop watching stupid sledding and watch men fly like angels. Normal Hill qualifications or on right now.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
:911: 63.10

e: loving Russia :supaburn:

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 8, 2014

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals
Holy poo poo this Russian girl

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

A Pale Horse posted:

Stop watching stupid sledding and watch men fly like angels. Normal Hill qualifications or on right now.

A 'surprising' amount of wind on this tropic beach they built the hill on is giving them some problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal.roadrunner
Dec 15, 2011

*WHIPCRACK*

Fodder Cannon posted:

Holy poo poo this Russian girl

Russian girl made of same material as bathroom door, very flexible.

• Locked thread