Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Did they actually change the AUG's accuracy? Back before this patch I always thought that the thing which made it potentially worthwhile (at least to less skilled players) was that its recoil was way easier to control than the M4's.

I like that they're trying to make the "higher" tier assault rifles worthwhile, but they probably do need to tinker with it a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

CS in match making format is symmetrical anyway so gun balance really doesn't matter if you really want to go full bore nerd. :colbert:

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Sylink posted:

CS in match making format is symmetrical anyway so gun balance really doesn't matter if you really want to go full bore nerd. :colbert:

lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Glad to see the Counterstrike community has grown and matured dramatically in the 10 years since I last played it. Everyone stop being poo poo.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Space Hamlet posted:

Did they actually change the AUG's accuracy? Back before this patch I always thought that the thing which made it potentially worthwhile (at least to less skilled players) was that its recoil was way easier to control than the M4's.

I like that they're trying to make the "higher" tier assault rifles worthwhile, but they probably do need to tinker with it a bit more.

the patch notes posted:

[ GAMEPLAY ]
- All grenades now have a secondary fire that throws an underhand grenade a short distance in front of the player.
-- Secondary fire can be combined with primary fire to precisely adjust the strength of the throw.

- Weapon balance has been adjusted:
-- Improved Desert Eagle accuracy recovery
-- Improved Sg553 and AUG rates of fire.
-- Improved Sg553 and AUG scoped control ( reduced inaccuracy and recoil ).
-- Increased movement inaccuracy on all automatic weapons by 50%.
-- Movement inaccuracy when walking is now calculated differently, resulting in better walking accuracy across the board.
- sv_airaccelerate has been slightly increased.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/CSGO/announcements/detail/1767963787259237073

so yeah it would appear so

Sylink posted:

also, lol

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
2 minute deatchmatch analysis: Its like the negev where you put way to many murder bullets at something and then it dies, but this one doesnt cost a fortune.

They should lower the cost of negev instead when they revert the AUG changes :getin:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
They should just leave it in for long enough for it's opness to become part of the meta, like awps.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So I actually haven't even tried the AUG since the update or seen someone using it, only tried the SG myself. Is the AUG actually that much better than the 553 or are they pretty comparable?

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dvsilverwing posted:

So I actually haven't even tried the AUG since the update or seen someone using it, only tried the SG myself. Is the AUG actually that much better than the 553 or are they pretty comparable?

playing competitive match against a team full of augs and we're getting steamrolled

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

im an aug irl

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sylink posted:

im an aug irl

I been scopin' you for a while.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

careful how you handle me, i shoot off too fast sometimes.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You cost a little more, but you hit all the right places.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sylink posted:

Are you Slinky on Steam? Because if so, your posts will finally make sense to me.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
nerf p90

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
All shotguns need buffs, nerf autos.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

remove all guns except dualies and sawed-off, bring back night vision goggles and riot shields, and add vehicles back so we can have jeepathon2k14

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
ump is still poo poo

beeman
May 7, 2008

i'm looking forward to the next operation, it seems likely tuscan will be in it and i miss it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
SG is a good gun against bad people now.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
low-hanging fruit, but a friend recorded this from a casual game earlier and i died when he showed it to me

http://youtu.be/8DEm_f9LrKw

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

whatis posted:

low-hanging fruit, but a friend recorded this from a casual game earlier and i died when he showed it to me

lol, that was pretty good. Also, my god is that a huge crosshair.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

whatis posted:

That was beautiful

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
That clip was unreal.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

mistermojo posted:

There are a bunch of guns in CS that are only there because it was a mod made by some kids and everyone (like Action Half Life) was putting tons of weapons in their game and they really cant be balanced. I'd really prefer it if GO pruned it to like 10 guns total and balanced those

Same

Necc0 posted:

Obviously it sucks right now but I would really like to see a CS with more than two tiers of weapons.

There already is?

Sylink posted:

I'm not arguing it poorly. Bring out real repeatable evidence that the Aug is imbalanced.

Here's how you tell: seeing it in use just once, or by knowing literally anything about CS at all

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 9, 2014

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

whatis posted:

when I read your post I had low expectations.. But then I watched the video and I couldn't stop laughing. Especially after he missed while he was planting the bomb... twice.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Here's how you tell: seeing it in use just once, or by knowing literally anything about CS at all

What? You're totally wrong here man, look:

It says it RIGHT on the gun :colbert:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I still prefer the AK over the Krieg.

The AUG is just silly though.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
What crosshair do you guys use? I'm using classic static green at the moment I think, and it seems just a bit big, it's hard to see when someone pops out under it at a distance. If I make it a bit smaller though the green can be difficult to see in some areas of dust 2. Is it still a bad idea to use the dynamic ones?

edit: Thanks alr, that tool is excellent!

Tgent fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 9, 2014

alr
May 14, 2009
You can muck around with a crosshair generator here. I just use a small green static one, nothing wrong with dynamic just don't use the default scaleform one.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
If you're newer to the games, a dynamic crosshair can help give you some indication your accuracy is going into orbit. A lot of people prefer to have a static crosshair though, I assume because having it jump around can be annoying.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

CS:GO gets stuck downloading its update at 16%, and it ends up freezing Steam on every launch and forcing me to reinstall it. In the same time period multiple other Steam games have been updating just fine. Any idea of what could be happening?

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
I've been using this one

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/scripts/8145

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

XEN

YOU

ME

TEC9 V DEAGLE GRUDGE MATCH 2NITE!*

*As long as you are free and we can get the proper rules etc down.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Wait so do you rank/derank based on solely your wins/loses or is it also dependant on how well you do in matches? Some people say it's only on wins/loses and some people don't so I'm confused here.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Cowabanga posted:

Wait so do you rank/derank based on solely your wins/loses or is it also dependant on how well you do in matches? Some people say it's only on wins/loses and some people don't so I'm confused here.

No one knows for sure because valve doesn't publish their method. But they do say it's ELO adjusted for team gameplay, so it is almost definitely only cares about the match result wins/losses/ties. The thing that people use to say it is more than just wins/losses is that it is possible to rank up after a loss and down after a win, but that's actually a standard ELO thing and they are just dumb.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 9, 2014

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

icantfindaname posted:

remove all guns except dualies and sawed-off, bring back night vision goggles and riot shields, and add vehicles back so we can have jeepathon2k14

I need me some boatseasons as well

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

ColoradoCleric posted:

ump is still poo poo

It's a long-range SMG just like the mac-10. How can you hate it?

whatis posted:

Galil wants its respect back. :smug:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

DeusExMachinima posted:

It's a long-range SMG just like the mac-10. How can you hate it?

Galil wants its respect back. :smug:

In recent weeks I had finally realized how to utilize this version of the Galil and have had great success with it from medium-to-long range in terms of head shots.

However, the loving Famas is a giant piece of poo poo and I've hated it since it's unfortunate inception.

Also looks like I'll be away longer than originally anticipated since Time Warner Cable are a bunch of loving extortionists and want more money from me that I don't have.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Turk February posted:

However, the loving Famas is a giant piece of poo poo and I've hated it since it's unfortunate inception.

I want my CS:S famas back. That burst was loving legit as hell and was great at getting headshots on snipers.

• Locked thread