Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Smorgasbord posted:

edit: The follow-on rule seems to be a fiendishly designed plan to allow commentators and fans another avenue to criticise and harp on captains usually from a position of hindsight after the team didn't do their job properly (not that I agree with the decision this time).

There is now way he should have enforced the follow-on. If you can't make 200 in the second innings then you are a team of failures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah this is pretty much cricket. I also support the Warriors in the league and the Highlanders in the rugby since I just can't get enough of that feeling.

oh you poor bastard; seek help

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

RideTheSpiral posted:

There is now way he should have enforced the follow-on. If you can't make 200 in the second innings then you are a team of failures.

Sure, but the bowlers had the ball swinging, and India didn't have the stomach for the fight at that moment. I'm confident we would've had them 2-3 down by lunch and all but done by stumps. Boult and Southee had bowled 36 overs between them, but that was split over 40 overs day 2, 20 overs day 3.

In any case, that 2nd innings was pathetic.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sodhi looks about as threatening as Bruce Martin.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Wait so do they really drink like actual Tea during the Tea Break

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

Sodhi looks about as threatening as Bruce Martin.

Bruce Martin was pretty good. Made England look poor against spin.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Massive inside edge. :getin:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Lmao he middled that.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ahahahahaha. That is just perfect.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
2 more wickets to open up an end

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Dhoni coming out 1 ball into the new ball spell. Perfect.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Hahaha, I squealed like a kid getting a Nintendo 64 for Christmas

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
India losing due to bad decisions is always the perfect scenario. Stop being babies about drs god drat.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Umpire should have the right to award another over before tea if the batsman is loving around.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Oh snap

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Well that was rather sudden.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What the gently caress stop playing ads over the cricket, you fuckers.

Edit: stupid touch screen keys makes me look like I suffered a stroke.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

how many matches in this series?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

It's a test series involving New Zealand, if you guess '2' you'll be right 90% of the time.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

thehappyprince posted:

how many matches in this series?

Guess.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Is it even a series?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Noxin of Shame posted:

Is it even a series?

Well the BCCI figure it ticks the box as far as their obligations so I guess so.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

it's warm up for the 20/20 world cup

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MAn, Dhoni is making Boult look ordinary.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

Jesus, this could be over by 5pm

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Holy poo poo did we need that wicket.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
The gently caress is going on?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Oh man this loving game. Dhoni hast to do it for them now, Wagner delivers again.

edit: urgh what is that poo poo from the sub fielder

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 9, 2014

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

The gently caress is going on?

India and New Zealand in a battle to be the bigger gently caress-ups.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

YES. THE SLOW BOUNCER.

edit: oh god what's the rule - HE'S GONE OFF OH poo poo WHAT THE gently caress

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Holy poo poo. Advantage NZ.

Hahahaha no ball... Or is it? What's going on...

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
NO BALL

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Hooooooooly gently caress there goes Dhoni!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress off Davis, you senile oval office.

Edit: Hey BCCI, wouldn't DRS be nice right about now?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh my god. No ball on Dhoni wicket, but still given.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

we lose; dhoni is god

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Can't wait for delicious Indian tears

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Oh my god

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

India hard done by twice. Doesn't feel as sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Was there really any other way this could have gone down?

• Locked thread