Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

Costas' eye is actually getting worse. russian not understand antibiotic

maybe he washed his face with the hotel water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

etalian posted:

maybe he washed his face with the hotel water?

the "doctor" is probably the local village idiot.

everyone gets jobs thanks to putin!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The Doctor is clearly KGB man Putin himself in a bad disguise beard but Costas has pink eye so he cant tell

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

the incompetence of these olympics is a high water mark that will be tough to beat, but i think these guys have a shot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rambling Robot posted:

Speaking of village idiot probably the worst person in the Putin games documentary was the Sochi mayor he kept on parroting the party line and
even seemed to believe the Olympics exposure would bring piles of tourist money to Sochi.

another good time waster are the Time videos especially seeing a grown rear end man cry like a girl doing luge or skeleton:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kexE_siaEfA

etalian fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 9, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The doctor is Doktor from Metal Gear Rising. Costas needs to take a DOOMP.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Meat Recital posted:

the incompetence of these olympics is a high water mark that will be tough to beat, but i think these guys have a shot.

they have probably started to shot the street kids as we speak.

because in Rio the beaches are beautiful and the sun is always shining. welcome!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

etalian posted:

Speaking of village idiot probably the worst person in the Putin games documentary was the Sochi mayor he kept on parroting the party line and
even seemed to believe the Olympics exposure would bring piles of tourist money to Sochi.

That's the same guy who said all the negative press was caused by foreign saboteurs they had videotaped in the showers?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Meat Recital posted:

They won't have any bullets left, come 2016, for shooting anything else.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

That's the same guy who said all the negative press was caused by foreign saboteurs they had videotaped in the showers?

No, that was Dmitry Kozak, deputy prime minister responsible for Olympic preparation.

He knows everything.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Agrajag posted:

They won't have any bullets left, come 2016, for shooting anything else.

the dogs are real winners of the Olympics similar to the outcome from the famous Australian Emu war.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rambling Robot posted:

On Thursday when he first had to explain the eye thing, he mentioned the "NBC doctors" so I'm guessing they brought their own medical team.

And they probably know Costas and there for have given him the best medicine available.

Placebodrone.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
So, it's basically:
2014 Winter Olympics: Russia, 2014 World Cup: Brazil.
2016 Summer Olympics: Brazil, 2018 World Cup: Russia.

We have to wait until 2018 to see more shenanigans in Russia, but by god we'll have a shitload thanks to Brazil for a while!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Paradox Personified posted:

So, it's basically:
2014 Winter Olympics: Russia, 2014 World Cup: Brazil.
2016 Summer Olympics: Brazil, 2018 World Cup: Russia.

We have to wait until 2018 to see more shenanigans in Russia, but by god we'll have a shitload thanks to Brazil for a while!

The Brazil world cup has already run into similar problems with everything being behind schedule and over budget.

Also one of the stadiums collapsed while under construction

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Ice dancing is so lame

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Who are these people who would say such things? Look at their genitals in freezink cold, it is of inconsequential size!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

etalian posted:

The Brazil world cup has already run into similar problems with everything being behind schedule and over budget.

Brazil you better deliver on mass thefts, kidnappings, and deaths. Oh they already are with their favela cleansings. :3:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zakharov posted:

Ice dancing is so lame

That one announcer lady is saying 'twizzle' way too loving much.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Agrajag posted:

Brazil you better deliver on mass thefts, kidnappings, and deaths. Oh they already are with their favela cleansings. :3:

stray dogs to be replaced by stray humans

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

They're not strays, they are organized and armed

imagine the world's perception of Americans, but in this case completely founded

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

etalian posted:

Best fan ever handing him a whole pitcher of lager beer

Also light beer is a good workout recovery drink:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/runners-who-love-beer/

loving eh I love this gif. Thanks.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Both snowboarding commentators are named Todd

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zakharov posted:

Both snowboarding commentators are named Todd

I think there was a couple years where the curling commentators had the same name. I wanna say 'Doug'.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

etalian posted:

In terms of sheer incompetence this one is hard to beat

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Toad on a Hat posted:

In terms of sheer incompetence this one is hard to beat

The Putin Games documentary is really brilliant and has so many great farce comedy like moments.

Like how the Russians built things such as the ski ramps without doing a site survey and also decided to build all the main complexes over a literal swamp.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010
Someone might say that Sochi was Putin on the ritz

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fool and the World posted:

Someone might say that Sochi was Putin on the ritz

Also the thought of holding the winter games in what amounts to a tropical climate.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Agrajag posted:

There's also a giant heat wave going on the South/Southwest (aka the rich people part), and it hasn't rained in a while.

At best there will be water and electricity shortages for the year.

At worst, "Predator II".

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

All of these bad sports events, as great as they are, are just part of the buildup to Qatar 2022

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bow chicka wow wow posted:

All of these bad sports events, as great as they are, are just part of the buildup to Qatar 2022

Qatar makes sense since it will be historically accurate since it will have actual slaves running around.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
figure skating is cool, gently caress the haters

i never expected to hear pink floyd during the olympics

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

etalian posted:

The Putin Games documentary is really brilliant and has so many great farce comedy like moments.

Like how the Russians built things such as the ski ramps without doing a site survey and also decided to build all the main complexes over a literal swamp.

I hope Hawaii puts in a bid for the 2026 winters. Hell, they have snow on some of the volcanoes and if it explodes it's an added daring feat to try and outrun the pyroclastic flow!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Unnamed One posted:

There's also a giant heat wave going on the South/Southwest (aka the rich people part), and it hasn't rained in a while.

At best there will be water and electricity shortages for the year.

At worst, "Predator II".

The medals are just positioned on tall stone step pyramids and the athletes have to race against each other as well as fighting off the locals desperate to sell the medals for scrap.

Best games ever.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Admiral Bosch posted:

i never expected to hear pink floyd during the olympics

my sisters were like "I dont like this song" and I went :(

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Just a reminder that this exists

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Lawman 0 posted:

sever immediately

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Tomero_the_Great posted:

I watched the CBC opening stream and it was indeed hilarious hearing these professionals small talk, prepare to go live, and generally talk trash about Russia while they thought no-one was listening.
:canada:

Grey Fox V2 posted:

I will pay money to get my hands on a copy of this stream.

Apparently all of the livestreams are like this on the CBC website - everyone's privy to the behind-the-scenes chitchat during the non-existent commercials. I doubt that it'll be as juicy during the games as during the opening (when everyone was full of anticipation), but you might want to be ready for the closing ceremony.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Lawman 0 posted:

I didn't watch it, what song did they play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Locked thread