Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Keldroc posted:

Also be careful about moving his arms if his wings aren't folded back away from his body. The spikes on the elbows can scrape the orange paint on the wings right off, as I learned firsthand. Pretty awful figure, especially at full price, which I was dumb enough to pay. $15-20 is about right.

Yikes, I'd never have even guessed that's a thing. I'll be careful from now on. Thanks for letting me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is that Cryotek predaking on sale? I wanna get it to go with my Cryotek and Cryo Scourge.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

So for Christmas The Doctor sent me War for Cybertron for the 360 as part of my secret Santa gift. Finally had some time to sit down and play it today, and it turns out that while the case may say "War for Cybertron" the disk inside is Fall of Cybertron. I think some poor Gamestop employee got fired over this lol.

Oh wow, that's a good mix-up! I've still not played Fall yet.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Kapow have a 3rd Party blow out sale on from today for all you UK people. Grabbed me a Quadruple U and Mini Shockwave for ~£60.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

100% agree. I played both for PC and liked them, but Fall knocked it out of the park.
Is there any talk of a sequel to FoC?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Goldskull posted:

Kapow have a 3rd Party blow out sale on from today for all you UK people. Grabbed me a Quadruple U and Mini Shockwave for ~£60.

Please be careful with Quadruple's visor hinge and with the robot mode's shoulder joints.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Oh wow, that's a good mix-up! I've still not played Fall yet.

Fall is the better of the two games. It's paced better than the first game, it seems like a couple of episodes of a TV show, and it works.

I liked both.

Fall also has the Dinobots.

As a side note, they changed Optimus Prime's body for this game, and released a new toy. The Ultra Magnus remold actually looks really, really good I think and is my favorite Ultra Magnus. It almost feels like they made it for Magnus and retooled it for Prime. I would probably count it as somewhere in my top five Transformer toys.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

As a side note, they changed Optimus Prime's body for this game, and released a new toy. The Ultra Magnus remold actually looks really, really good I think and is my favorite Ultra Magnus. It almost feels like they made it for Magnus and retooled it for Prime. I would probably count it as somewhere in my top five Transformer toys.

Yeah but he's too tiny to be a proper UM. Like if the mold was voyager size or above it would be perfect, but in vehicle mode it's barely larger than a scout.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scale sshmale. Buy that upgrade kit if that matters.

Xenomrph posted:

Is there any talk of a sequel to FoC?
The supposed contractual agreement was originally to do a trilogy but there has been no news, other than a bunch of layoffs when they finished the Deadpool game (which is under the same publisher I believe)

The third one was supposed to be on Earth though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

Prime got like 3 different versions of Ultra Magnus, most of them larger than the Generations one.

No Excuses :colbert:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

Did they ever get around to making that kit in Takara colors? I love the kit but the takara version of Magnus is so much prettier.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
In a weird turn of events I found Scoop, Minicon Centurion, Armada Starscream, and FOC Skywarp.

Still need Rhinox and Double Dealer and nobody ever has yet to find Swerve and Cosmos out in the wild.

Like seriously the case ratio for Swerve and Cosmos is 50% Swerve and 50% Cosmos. This is not a hard thing to screw up on where the hell are they? I'm still seeing Frenzy and Ratbats from wave 1. Hell I was able to find Airlift to complete the Decepticons Generations Minicon team that consisted of Pan-Handler and Drivetrain for Generations Armada Starscream easier than it is to find Swerve and Cosmos.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 8, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Is that Cryotek predaking on sale? I wanna get it to go with my Cryotek and Cryo Scourge.

I've never even seen it on sale, is it also a Target exclusive?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I've never even seen it on sale, is it also a Target exclusive?

Yeah. Supposedly it's been out for a few months now but I'd only ever see it on ebay and at collector's shops charging twice as much. Only last week did I finally start seeing it in stores. I have to say it's very worth it. It's definitely the best color scheme of a Predaking figure out there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LightsGameraAction posted:

Yeah. Supposedly it's been out for a few months now but I'd only ever see it on ebay and at collector's shops charging twice as much. Only last week did I finally start seeing it in stores. I have to say it's very worth it. It's definitely the best color scheme of a Predaking figure out there.

Hmmm. I'm thinking since I snagged one extra Predaking I might try my hand and my own paint scheme.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So according to the wave listings, Arcee and Chromia are both wave 11 and are the entirety of the wave at the moment.

If there's no wave beyond wave 11 these last two are probably going to be impossible to find.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Oh poo poo look who just showed up

I don't have any batteries on hand. :saddowns:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Please be careful with Quadruple's visor hinge and with the robot mode's shoulder joints.

Ah right. He's a bit delicate is he?

ed: I assume you're referring to the body rather than the head?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

The Taint Reaper posted:

So according to the wave listings, Arcee and Chromia are both wave 11 and are the entirety of the wave at the moment.

If there's no wave beyond wave 11 these last two are probably going to be impossible to find.

I'm guessing you're going by tfwiki, but their list is just bullshit (to begin with, there is no "wave 11" announced yet at all, even if you ignore that the numbering got reset with the new year) and it's been confirmed for a while that the case assortment is 3 each of Arcee and Chromia along with 1 each of Scoop and Waspinator. And those are coming out before Windblade, who's probably going to have a really big push from Hasbro, since they're putting a lot of marketing and cross-promotion behind her.

Most likely we'll see new stuff out of the New York toyfair, about a week from now, both normal generations and movie, since they said they weren't wanting public images of what was shown at the UK fair 'til then.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'm guessing you're going by tfwiki, but their list is just bullshit (to begin with, there is no "wave 11" announced yet at all, even if you ignore that the numbering got reset with the new year) and it's been confirmed for a while that the case assortment is 3 each of Arcee and Chromia along with 1 each of Scoop and Waspinator. And those are coming out before Windblade, who's probably going to have a really big push from Hasbro, since they're putting a lot of marketing and cross-promotion behind her.

Most likely we'll see new stuff out of the New York toyfair, about a week from now, both normal generations and movie, since they said they weren't wanting public images of what was shown at the UK fair 'til then.

Oh that's good then.

I just hope that Hasbro doesn't have anymore bottlenecks like with the Skids wave. Because any size class that's within the last wave or so of generations seem to be rather scarce.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Goldskull posted:

Ah right. He's a bit delicate is he?

ed: I assume you're referring to the body rather than the head?

The headmaster visor has a trick, you have to pull carefully outwards, then flip it over in order to transform into Monzo. If you don't do this the visor just gets stuck and you'll stress the plastic.

The bot itself is rock-solid BUT, the shoulder joints can only take so much tolerance; if you feel you can't open the arms much just leave them, don't play tug with them. I snapped off one of the joints doing this, I fixed it with 2-phase binding epoxy.

Other than masterpiece Prowl, has Hasbro announced other MPs to be released in the US?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Prime got like 3 different versions of Ultra Magnus, most of them larger than the Generations one.

No Excuses :colbert:

How much hollow space do those ones have, though? Hollow space is a pet peeve of mine.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ka0 posted:

Other than masterpiece Prowl, has Hasbro announced other MPs to be released in the US?

Wait what? When did they announce Prowl?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

Wait what? When did they announce Prowl?

It's not announced, it was scraped out of a TRU computer inventory list

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Toy Fair (Hasbro's part anyway) is Saturday so if anything is in pipeline I'm sure we'll hear then.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

How much hollow space do those ones have, though? Hollow space is a pet peeve of mine.

I have no idea I only own G1, Car Robots/RID, Classics, and Generations Ultra Magnus.

Been eying the Platinum Edition but it's 60 dollars.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Then you're probably not going to be a TF collector for long.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ha, Mega-Drive-Tron is the best alt mode the big guy's had since he was a Batmobile and I hope he's just the first of a series of old skool games machine bots. Give me Optimus as a Master System, Soundwave as a PC Engine, Kup as an Atari, Bumblebee as a ZX Spectrum, Ultra Magnus as a Neo Geo, etc

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The Real Gear line has returned with a vengeance.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Sentinel Red posted:

Ha, Mega-Drive-Tron is the best alt mode the big guy's had since he was a Batmobile and I hope he's just the first of a series of old skool games machine bots. Give me Optimus as a Master System, Soundwave as a PC Engine, Kup as an Atari, Bumblebee as a ZX Spectrum, Ultra Magnus as a Neo Geo, etc

Optimus would totally be an NES, not a Master System. Nintendobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Segacons. Kup turns into a Magnavox Odyssey.

You have to be from the UK, because not only do you say Mega Drive instead of Genesis like a red blooded American, you actually give a poo poo about the Master System and ZX Spectrum.

The Neo Geo rules though, I'll give you that.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

30th Anniversary Jetfire images leaked

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
This is an amazing day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Oh man, so stoked for this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Rage posted:

HOLY gently caress.

E: kinda funny that it's a fake chest cockpit. Gotta make that saving roll against Harmony Gold!

Phy fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 9, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The Rage posted:

That looks like a pretty drat fun toy. I really like it how there doesn't seem to be much kibble under the jet.

Really looking forward to seeing the Megatron.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010

The Rage posted:

I won't be throwing this baby in the snow. :rimshot:

He looks pretty carved out though/lighter weight but aaah I want him!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I found the Minicon Assault Team today. Did I just get a particularly bad one or does everyone's helicopter's cockpit fall off at the slightest touch? Otherwise it's awesome, I particularly like the look of the fat little tank guy. He looks appropriately pissed off at having to have his face turn into the rear end.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
^^^^You're not alone, that piece drops off at the slightest touch. It's the only flaw I've encountered so far in an otherwise excellent set.

The Rage posted:

Awww yiss, that's supposed to be a leader-class, right?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

Oh goddamn. Sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The Rage posted:

This is amazing. A Veritech that looks like a screen accurate Jetfire. This is the toy I wanted when I was five. Sold. And I will buy all the repaints as well, just like I did with Classics Jetfire.