Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Jah's taste is impeccable. That Romare track on the foot of the newest ep is just hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Edit: timing hosed by failing to refresh before posting

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Another Person posted:

Jah's taste is impeccable. That Romare track on the foot of the newest ep is just hot.

gently caress me dude yeah, that was amazing. I listened to the entire thing twice.

On the current topic, UYD got me through a tough period of transition in my life. I even acknowledge that they have informed some of the way that I live, by making me think outside of my current situation. I have had 2-way conversations with Jah over text and e-mail. I called Seth on his birthday, and I love the show to death.

That said, this is the longest post about the show I'd ever make. And I don't think I'd ever argue with someone about it.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 6, 2014

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
405 just dropped on iTunes.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
I rdidn't mean to bring the thread down. @dvorak I think a lot of us have had the same experience, and even though I was being pretty lovely last night Because Of Substances And Entertaining Myself, I think my last couple posts were less arguing and more defending that I'm not gonna break into Seth's house and lick the wedges between his toes.
*i wrote more stuff then deleted it *

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 6, 2014

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

roach cum puddle posted:

I rdidn't mean to bring the thread down. @dvorak I think a lot of us have had the same experience, and even though I was being pretty lovely last night Because Of Substances And Entertaining Myself, I think my last couple posts were less arguing and more defending that I'm not gonna break into Seth's house and lick the wedges between his toes. Putting my thoughts about UYD into words and sentences is difficult, and my frustration of articulation makes me really want to spend some time and write a good essay on why UYD is what will save you during the second coming.

That's cool dude but maybe you should think next time before you say that Seth or johnahan dying would be as rough for you as seeing your entire family brutally murdered.

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 6, 2014

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Edit: uyd is an okay thing for okay people

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Perfect.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

roach cum puddle posted:

Edit: uyd is an okay thing for okay people

This is extremely accurate.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

roach cum puddle posted:

It can all be summed up by saying that UYD is the soul of America and Seth and Jah are the conduits of that soul.

I may be missing some meta ironic layer on this but come on dude.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
That game show bit on 405, Holy gently caress

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I would love it if every episode started with Seth describing an old Night Court to Jonathan.

Oh my lord, Seth talking about Hollywood Game Night

GraPar fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 6, 2014

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

Jippa posted:

I may be missing some meta ironic layer on this but come on dude.

There's no irony, it's literally their tag. America through the eyes of two American Americans. UYD is the TV, movies, studies, news stories, products, etc. of America that you wouldn't hear about from any other one news source / most news sources. If you think of the content of all 400 episodes being condensed down into what the show's spirit is it ends up being the brain of American culture. I thought this was like, base level thoughts for UYD listeners?

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 6, 2014

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
In response to earlier chat about UYD and life, UYD is a big part of my life too. I'm not even American. My entire sense of humour, comedic timing and presentation style is almost entirely ripped off of Seth these days. Dude is just so loving funny - if I could pull off even a tenth of his style I would be happy.

e; a UPS truck

Another Person fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 6, 2014

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Another Person posted:

e; a UPS truck
Hey it beats out minivans. Sorry Philip Rivers!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

CaptainJuan posted:

Pfft, which one?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

roach cum puddle posted:

There's no irony, it's literally their tag. America through the eyes of two American Americans. UYD is the TV, movies, studies, news stories, products, etc. of America that you wouldn't hear about from any other one news source / most news sources. If you think of the content of all 400 episodes being condensed down into what the show's spirit is it ends up being the brain of American culture. I thought this was like, base level thoughts for UYD listeners?

Dude, I totally get you, and feel your steez, but you would be doing yourself and all of us in the thread a favor if you would just filter your thoughts a little before posting.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

I'm sure everyone's seen this by now but really it is insanely funny and you should watch it again.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/044048452c/lost-casting-tape

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Another Person posted:

My entire sense of humour, comedic timing and presentation style is almost entirely ripped off of Seth these days.

e; a UPS truck

Seth is no doubt very funny but he's so easy to rip off or imitate because really he just keeps a joke going by literally saying whatever Jah says in a funnier voice 0.01 seconds after Jah does. His humor really comes from kind of stepping back and letting the listener realize how loving insane whatever they read just was. Now and then he'll follow it up with an equally as crazy similar, usually fake, scenario. It just gets so what the gently caress that you kind of have to laugh at it.

I don't sit around dissecting other peoples humor, but I also found myself kind of talking like Seth and it just got me thinking about that. Only Seth can do Seth.

CaptainJuan posted:

I'm sure everyone's seen this by now but really it is insanely funny and you should watch it again.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/044048452c/lost-casting-tape

Welcome to the UYD thread! Enjoy your stay.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 7, 2014

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

The reason that bit is so good, is that you know that Seth probably wasn't too far off that general vibe at any given time, during that period of his life. I'm going to assume it's origin was probably one of his friends actually seeing him get like that, and thinking to put him in front of a camera, and kind of direct it.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Because the subject of UYD obsession was on my mind due to this thread, I did feel particularly self-conscious of the fact that as soon as Jonathan asked Seth whether he'd ever been to Washington DC, I immediately knew that he had, that it was on a school field trip and that he had bought a t-shirt there (about which I think there's a further story that I forget).

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GraPar posted:

Because the subject of UYD obsession was on my mind due to this thread, I did feel particularly self-conscious of the fact that as soon as Jonathan asked Seth whether he'd ever been to Washington DC, I immediately knew that he had, that it was on a school field trip and that he had bought a t-shirt there (about which I think there's a further story that I forget).

I wanna say it was a Spuds MacKenzie shirt?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Is there a place I can link friends to individual episodes so they can stream them in their browser?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Right here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/uhhyeahdude/podcast

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

The tab you should have pinned at all times to check for new eps.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

I usually hear about new eps in this thread because I work nights and the usual time they put new ones up is prime SA time for me.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

I like to think of Hot Tracks as a proto-UYD before they figured out how to be a conduit to whatever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8E23jq_CLY

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CaptainJuan posted:

Simon LeBon.

I don't know what was crazier, that guy's crazy work/life situation or the fact that the first celebrity name the dude could think of was Simon LeBon.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Holy gently caress, that video linked above and the rest of them. It's incredible.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

dvorak posted:

Holy gently caress, that video linked above and the rest of them. It's incredible.

No kidding! Compare and contrast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71bI5_vk4F4 with Dragonforce chat in UYD 75 - it's like four peas in a pod.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

King of Gulps posted:

No kidding! Compare and contrast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71bI5_vk4F4 with Dragonforce chat in UYD 75 - it's like four peas in a pod.

That one was incredible. What a drat scene. Couldn't write it better as some kind of propped up reality comedy.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

J.B. : Is he casually dropping names like Jah, or is he a Master Troll?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSnwAX9yD1w

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

roach cum puddle posted:

You're a complete loving lunatic.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

holy poo poo there are some fuckin' weirdos out there about a loving podcast

"roach cum paddle" take some meds

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

See, I always look at Uhh Yeah Dude like finding that one quiet room at a house party, somebody's left a film that nobody is watching and it's been turned right down. And there's just 2 baked guys sat in there, each with a sofa to themselves. Talking poo poo. And you can go in, say nothing and enjoy the show.

Roach Paddle. You are creepy.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
UYD, to me, is a podcast.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Build things up, don't tear them down.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Sex Robot posted:

See, I always look at Uhh Yeah Dude like finding that one quiet room at a house party, somebody's left a film that nobody is watching and it's been turned right down. And there's just 2 baked guys sat in there, each with a sofa to themselves. Talking poo poo. And you can go in, say nothing and enjoy the show.

I love how UYD does totally feel like this, but the truth is that Seth puts crazy hours of pre-pro into every episode.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Depths posted:

Build things up, don't tear them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

GraPar posted:

I love how UYD does totally feel like this, but the truth is that Seth puts crazy hours of pre-pro into every episode.

Outside of getting good stories, which on the internet doesn't mean much, I don't feel like Seth really does put crazy hours into pre-pro. I feel like the guy is just reeealllly good at improv comedy.