Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

It is impossible if that it supposed to be a woman, a man in a wig, or Rick Parfitt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

This weeks If...

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

drat, Clegg looks like loving Schwarzenegger in that last strip. Could this be the relaunch of Cleggmania???

AGREE WITH DIS

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Vatican rejecting UN's verdict on abuse scandal"

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband claims David Cameron is 'failing women'

Times:

Putin's hopes to burnish Russia's image with Sochi 2014

Mail:
"Rupert Murdoch’s ex-wife has declared her love for Tony Blair."

quote:

“Rupert Murdoch’s ex-wife has a lot to answer for.”
[She has a name, you terrible paper!]

Express:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I see the fox, the whale, the bird, and the... Slenderman? :ohdear:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

I see the fox, the whale, the bird, and the... Slenderman? :ohdear:

Don't forget the badger!

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Weather, and also, Immigrants.

Stop posting them, the only reason they're posted is so you can look for the animals.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The pure beauty of Thomas' inanity can't be captured in words. It might seem like we're just locating animals repeatedly but we're really saying "they should have sent a poet" over and over.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

BastardySkull posted:

Weather, and also, Immigrants.

Stop posting them, the only reason they're posted is so you can look for the animals.

A better world.

I was tempted to leave JUDGE ATTACKS BRITAIN'S BORDERS because that really sparks the imagination

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

SedanChair posted:

The pure beauty of Thomas' inanity can't be captured in words. It might seem like we're just locating animals repeatedly but we're really saying "they should have sent a poet" over and over.

Let's not get all metaphysical about what is literally just Where's Waldo with some badly drawn cartoon animals.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

It'd be so much better if all text is removed from his cartoons in future when they're posted and we just enjoy little paintings of people in the rain outside the Home Office or whatever.

That or try and guess what he's complaining about.

edit: if you scroll back through the thread you would have pictures of Charles in a boat, Charles reading the news paper, the Queen sitting having tea with David Cameron, 2 people sitting smoking in bed. Completely innocent images.

BastardySkull fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Feb 7, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

Let's not get all metaphysical about what is literally just Where's Waldo with some badly drawn cartoon animals.

Where's Waldo's deep as hell though.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

SedanChair posted:

Where's Waldo's deep as hell though.

Where's Wally? This is the UK politoon thread after all. :colbert:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kegluneq posted:

Where's Wally? This is the UK politoon thread after all. :colbert:

Yeah but Sedanchair's American (I think) so I used the US name since I was talking to him.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

BastardySkull posted:

It'd be so much better if all text is removed from his cartoons in future when they're posted and we just enjoy little paintings of people in the rain outside the Home Office or whatever.

That or try and guess what he's complaining about.

edit: if you scroll back through the thread you would have pictures of Charles in a boat, Charles reading the news paper, the Queen sitting having tea with David Cameron, 2 people sitting smoking in bed. Completely innocent images.

Or there's always this

Suddenly everything makes a whole lot more sense!

Anemone Mine
Dec 30, 2010

baka kaba posted:

Suddenly everything makes a whole lot more sense

I want more of these.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron and UK floods" and Scottish independence.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Sochi 2014: Gay rights protests target Russia's games

Times:

Anger at environment chief in flood-hit Somerset

Stephen Collins:

Do you guys really want me to stop posting the Express? It seems like half the thread is Goon outrage at him and his work. But without him, what posts would be left?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron and UK floods" and Scottish independence.
Who's being spear-fished in the background?

Also, yes, please stop posting the lovely Express cartoons!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Post those photoshops, those owned.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cloud Potato posted:

Do you guys really want me to stop posting the Express? It seems like half the thread is Goon outrage at him and his work. But without him, what posts would be left?
The Express cartoons serve as a good reminder that this is a poo poo country and not all our cartoonists are as good as, say, Rowson.

I was going to post that Collins myself, but there's really not anything political about it at all.

This Alex strip was from earlier in the week, but it's an example of how the strip deals with actual political issues (generally related to banking). I'm a huge fan of the strip so I'll probably post them more, when they're politically relevant and don't need inside knowledge to understand.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Zephro posted:

I think that's a badger, referring to the recent badger cull.

Forums Terrorist posted:

Post those photoshops, those owned.

While those photoshops are really great, I highly doubt I'd be able to replicate them with my lovely GIMP skills.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Kegluneq posted:

I was going to post that Collins myself, but there's really not anything political about it at all.
Political or not, that Collins is pretty fantastic. I've not seen much by him but what I have seen is great, especially that one with Michael Gove and the spaceship from Independence Day.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Post the Express forever :unsmigghh:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Zephro posted:

Cloud Potato posted:

I think that's a badger, referring to the recent badger cull.

It looks more like Iain Duncan Smith than Owen Paterson and the thing in the water lacks a snout, so possibly it's just meant to be a poor person?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Please keep posting the awful express cartoons. They provide me with an unparalleled insight into my dad's mind.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Keep posting them but post alternative ones with the text removed imo cause those are hilarious.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Puntification posted:

It looks more like Iain Duncan Smith than Owen Paterson and the thing in the water lacks a snout, so possibly it's just meant to be a poor person?

Hmm. Maybe the Growth Sloth?

Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

Floods; Olympics ring malfunction (3rd pic down)

Independent on Sunday:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

baka kaba posted:

Suddenly everything makes a whole lot more sense!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Nick Clegg and drugs"

Telegraph:

Immigration minister Mark Harper quits over cleaner's visa

Times:

UK floods: Government 'made a mistake' by not dredging

Express:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Eric pickles is a fat turd and I'm still waiting for him to collapse a staircase in parliament.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

The real challenge is when he gets back to Romanian stereotypes - can we turn them around?

That Times cartoon is... unexpected, for the audience anyway. Good selection today!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

baka kaba posted:

That Times cartoon is... unexpected, for the audience anyway. Good selection today!

We won a bronze in snowboarding yesterday so everyone's really into it at the moment.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Eric pickles is a fat turd and I'm still waiting for him to collapse a staircase in parliament.

Occasionally people will roll their eyes when they see a fat joke about a politician but it is the best thing.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Eh, too much Pickles criticism is fat-shaming and not enough about how he's a piece of poo poo responsible for choking local funding, and forcing local authorities to direct what money they have towards his pet political interferences

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Cloud Potato posted:

No, the only thing I've had enough of is Collins. You can boot his stuff for all I care.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

On the other hand Collins legit gets the most laughs out of me. Way more than even Bell manages.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Eric Pickles and the floods"

Telegraph:

Times:

Mail:
"Parts of the grounds of Windsor Castle have been badly affected by the floods."

quote:

“Ah. Here comes Benskin now….He’s been walking the corgis.”

Express:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Aw, no speech bubbles today :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

poo poo he's on to us - he's even put a :frogsiren: in there

• Locked thread