Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Deeters posted:

Speaking of off-brand 650s, Hero released a concept version of theirs.

Technically Hero is the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer by volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

M42 posted:

Man, what is even up with this trend of drooping headlight fairings.
I hate that poo poo, I can't believe it's so popular. The new Monsters are the worst. Looks like a piece of clay someone smushed down with a big thumb.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Next step is factory stinger tails

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'd totally rock a minion helmet. (The guy's web page is a terrible mess of broken links though)

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Collateral Damage posted:

I'd totally rock a minion helmet. (The guy's web page is a terrible mess of broken links though)

I want a kerbal one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Deeters posted:

Speaking of off-brand 650s, Hero released a concept version of theirs.

I know Hero isn't exactly upmarket, but that plastic. It would look better without it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
The BMW R NINE T

This hipsterbike has an MSRP of $15k.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

MetaJew posted:

The BMW R NINE T

Thing is, it's not a bad looking bike. Bit of a reboot of the R850R. And it's a BMW so of course it'll be expensive. But the marketing... I'd almost be more inclined to look at a Sportster 883 iron if I were in the market for that type of bike.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

MetaJew posted:

The BMW R NINE T

I don't think anything about the bike itself is particularly hipster, ok maybe the easy to remove subframe so you can make it a sweet stubby seated looking this is kinda hipster. However it's miles ahead of the bikes they usually rides. The marketing it laughably calculated, I hope the Germans fleece those bearded fucks out of every dime.

HNasty fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 7, 2014

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I wonder if there isn't a certain irony in the fact that the typical r-bike buyer is already a beardy, just more santa and less grizzly Adams.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Linedance posted:

I wonder if there isn't a certain irony in the fact that the typical r-bike buyer is already a beardy, just more santa and less grizzly Adams.

I can't wait for Aerostich to release some hipstery retro hi-viz options

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
I've been meaning to post this up here for a while and I'm not quite sure what CA thread I should post this in but I figured Cycle Pictures and videos is as good a place as any. Anyways, A few months ago my father and a good friend of his did the Tour of Idaho which is a 1400 mile ride from the southern border of Idaho to the Canadian border all through the back country of Idaho. Once they were finished my dads friend did a write up about the whole adventure on his blog: http://mikebilltid.blogspot.com/ complete with photos and videos of some of the ride. I figured you goons would get a kick out of reading this like I did so I'm throwing it up here for all to enjoy.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Faving this for when I have some time to read it later. The trip looks awesome, thank you for sharing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MetaJew posted:

The BMW R NINE T

I think this looks really sweet and would happily own one. It's like a 919 without the boring. Or like a ducati monster without the bullshit.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Or a Griso 8V without the...hmm, limited dealer network?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

I think this looks really sweet and would happily own one. It's like a 919 without the boring. Or like a ducati monster without the bullshit.
What school did you go to where they taught you a BMW is less boring than anything else?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

There is nothing more boring than a BMW motorcycle

E: ^^^^See?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

This is the first time I've heard a 919 described as boring. What makes it so?
I've never ridden anything with more than 60hp, though.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
The comparison isn't whether it's more boring than a 919, it's whether it's more boring than a '73 CB350. No hipster is going to go within twenty yards of a 919 or Monster.

Henry, the 919 is an I4 (the least interesting engine config) and has a fairly flat torque curve and predictable handling, both of which are routinely considered dull by people who want their bikes to constantly try to kill them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And/or leave them stranded, which is the type of stockholm syndrome that drives people to italian bikes.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I2 is clearly the worst engine and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

nsaP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzx8Y--UNto&t=23s

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!
Played around with some footage from a few months ago. Figured it ain't no fun unless the goonies can't have none.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtI63Cq9zbw

edit: please ignore the part where my friend almost kills a black kid

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

This is the first time I've heard a 919 described as boring. What makes it so?
I've never ridden anything with more than 60hp, though.

I owned one. It's a bike that is good at everything, brilliant at nothing, and seems to have no charm whatsoever. The engine is good but not brilliant, the handling is adequate but not phenomenal, the styling is nice but not eye-catching and there's just nothing particularly charming about it at all. I liked it, but noone in the history of the world ever loved a 919.

I've always only owned japanese bikes, the overwhelming majority inline fours, but the 919 is still the most boring bike I've had.

edit: as for BMW, I've never ridden a flat twin BMW so maybe I'm a little deluded about how interesting they are :shobon:

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 8, 2014

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb2Cl03E3t4&t=49s

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Touche, that is pretty cool. But it's a different kind of motor. Imagine that bike but with 4 cylinders...or 1 huge one? Way cooler.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Slavvy posted:

I owned one. It's a bike that is good at everything, brilliant at nothing, and seems to have no charm whatsoever. The engine is good but not brilliant, the handling is adequate but not phenomenal, the styling is nice but not eye-catching and there's just nothing particularly charming about it at all. I liked it, but noone in the history of the world ever loved a 919.

I've always only owned japanese bikes, the overwhelming majority inline fours, but the 919 is still the most boring bike I've had.

edit: as for BMW, I've never ridden a flat twin BMW so maybe I'm a little deluded about how interesting they are :shobon:

The thing is, there's boring transparent like the 919, and there's boring "it's simply not capable of any more" like a Royal Enfield or (arguably) '70s Honda. With a boring transparent bike you can always go faster.

If you're not Slavvy with the bobbies ringing you on speed dial.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

The comparison isn't whether it's more boring than a 919, it's whether it's more boring than a '73 CB350.

These aren't boring, goddamnit. Ask the Reverend Doctor.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They're not bad for small vintage bikes. If you want awesome you need an RD or something though.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
Took this photo on a hot day. Metric cruiser. Shorts/tank top. Dog.

AustralianCruiserOwner.jpg

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Jaz posted:

No flip-flops. Partial credit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How do you ride around like that in an aussie summer and still not have any kind of tan to speak of?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Full faced helmet as well, he's doing it so wrong.

Not sure Slavvy, maybe he's actually darker skinned than the photo shows.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Do consider that Australia is all descended from people the English didn't like, and the English really, really didn't used to like the Irish.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jaz posted:

So that's one of those boat people the Australians hate so much? :monocle:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Keep those classless, uneducated, half-naked inbreeds out of the country :australia:

...oh wait.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

Keep those classless, uneducated, half-naked inbreeds out of the country :australia:

...oh wait.

That works, though I was referring to the vessel he is captaining.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvXa2PGdAoI

New no prisoners.

Edit: Also some people die and you don't get a warning about it. Just goes from minor crash to dude run over by a truck, so watch with caution if that kind of thing upsets you greatly.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 10, 2014

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Holy poo poo at 4:30. Cruiser dude ends up on top of that CAMERO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

I think we can all learn from this at 26:23 that motorcycles would prefer to stay upright you just have to get these riders off them first.