Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Let's go with Internal Affairs in the morning, and Strategy in the afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

What are the numbers atop the 4 broad categories, like "Physical +0.05"? They don't seem to be factored into skill growth bonuses like with the smaller categories, so what do they represent?

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Completion of skill category. Note that we have one skill in the Physical skills tree at 50%. We have one skill out of 12 at 50%. That's about 5% or 0.05 (actually 4.2% but whatever).

Welp. I was wrong. Misremembered, I guess.

GrizzlyCow fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 10, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Internal Affairs and some more Internal Affairs. Keep an eye on the filth.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Agnostalgia posted:

What are the numbers atop the 4 broad categories, like "Physical +0.05"? They don't seem to be factored into skill growth bonuses like with the smaller categories, so what do they represent?

They are how much extra points you get for a category. So all physical category classes get .05 times 5 days each week, or .25 extra points. Each extra week increases the category bonus by .01 and the set bonus by .1.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 10, 2014

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Internal Affairs in the AM and Reflexes in the PM.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

GrizzlyCow posted:

Completion of skill category. Note that we have one skill in the Physical skills tree at 50%. We have one skill out of 12 at 50%. That's about 5% or 0.05 (actually 4.2% but whatever).

It looks like a different formula, given that in every skill category the category bonus is just our total skillpoints in that category divided by 1000. In social, we have 20 points, and receive a +0.02 skillpoints/day bonus to training, and so forth for the other categories.

Now that the puppy has been initiated in the ways of internal affairs, we should prepare it for ventures beyond our borders. It will need to learn the arts of seduction and genetic warfare, so train Falcons to build rapport with the great storks that shall deliver countless litters to the enemy kennels, sired by our secret agent. Then, train ciphering so that we may develop a common language for all of these newborn canine infiltrators to report with, from all corners of the world.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Logistics AM and Battlefield Medicine PM. Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Internal Affairs, Foreign Intelligence

((spoiler removed))

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Internal Affairs and Public Speaking

I vote for these as well.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.

PurpleXVI posted:

Internal Affairs, Foreign Intelligence

This. Having a good understanding of whats going on in your country as well as whats going on outside it is important to a good ruler.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 10, 2014

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Ciphering AM, Internal Affairs PM. Let's get this spy queen train rolling.

Sounds good to me. Knowing everything about the people around you is an important skill.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
So, are we trying to actually win our first playthrough and voting for the Best Possible Options every week according to whatever gamefaqs said? :psyduck:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been going full :black101: from the beginning, to no avail.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been going full :black101: from the beginning, to no avail.

I just got in on this gig but I want a little military genius. gently caress alliances and poo poo, we'll take what we want by force!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Rabidredneck posted:

This. Having a good understanding of whats going on in your country as well as whats going on outside it is important to a good ruler.

What are you talking about? The only requirement for a good ruler is dogs. :v:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I like Swords They're comfy and easy to stab people with!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Put me down for Swords too. Manure plots can only get you so far before you need to sword someone in the face in person.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Internal Affairs and Foreign Intelligence

After that, whatever activities we need to change over to a mood where Royal Demeanor and Conversation have some bonuses, because even more important than knowing what you're doing is knowing how to look and sound like you know what you're doing.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Ciphering, Foreign Intelligence, and:

The Sandman posted:

After that, whatever activities we need to change over to a mood where Royal Demeanor and Conversation have some bonuses, because even more important than knowing what you're doing is knowing how to look and sound like you know what you're doing.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Swording AM
Foreign Intelligence PM

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

The Sandman posted:

Internal Affairs and Foreign Intelligence

Yes.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

So, are we trying to actually win our first playthrough and voting for the Best Possible Options every week according to whatever gamefaqs said? :psyduck:
I think most people just learned a bit from the previous lp. Of course some of us has played the game too.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Logistics and Swords. Maybe Angry would give her positive weapons modifiers...

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
What's the policy on discussing alternate scenarios for things that have already passed?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Seyser Koze posted:

What's the policy on discussing alternate scenarios for things that have already passed?

Since this lp will have multiple playthroughs, that probably counts as spoilers.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Seyser Koze posted:

They can't be discussed unless I've talked about them or give the OK. I'll drop this rule on the last playthrough.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
I'll vote for doubling down on Faith.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is Closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

It's the same deal as last week's classes. The winners are obvious, so I'm not going to bother calculating the points.

AM Classes

Internal Affairs: 10

Swords: 5

Ciphering: 4

Falcons: 2

Logistics: 2

Intrigue: 1

Faith: 1

PM Classes

Foreign Intelligence: 6

Internal Affairs: 4

Swords: 4

Public Speaking: 3

Running: 1

Logistics: 1

Animals: 1

Strategy: 1

Reflexes: 1

Battlefield Medicine: 1

Faith: 1

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

It's a short update today.

Learning intrigue throws a lot of currently meaningless names at us, but it should be useful for Elodie (and by extension, us) to actually know what the gently caress is going on.

(It's the Duchess of Ursul! Maybe I should go and say hello.)

Then you notice that seated beside her is a woman in the robes of a priestess. They are very close together, their hands gently touching as they speak.

(Looks like she's busy!)

You turn and walk in a different direction, so as not to disturb them. At that moment, you notice something unusual. It looks like someone just left the palace grounds by going over the hedge. Was that a servant? A thief? Or... an assassin?

What should we do? Also, what classes should we take next week? Elodie's strongest emotion should still be willful.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Climb to look over the hedge, nothing could go wrong! :downs:
I'm still voting for double faith on the classes. :colbert:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Climb and look!

Logistics x2! We'll need to go to war eventually!

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Clmb the hedge. Also train Strategy and Swords.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

This no time for unnecessary risk call the guards and show this would be assassin no mercy. Also let's train our swords and agility because before long we will need to kill somebody.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
It's just a hedge, I'm sure even a sheltered 14-year-old with zero climbing skill could do it.

Assuming we don't get assassinated today, Foreign Intelligence and Naval Strategy.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Climb.

Also swords and swords because why not.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Guards! Guards

And Cipheringx2 for the classes. Spy queen is go.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Call Guards

And Accounting x2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Intriguing in the morning, Falconry in the eve.

Climb up. It'll probably kill us, or at least, hurt us.

• Locked thread