Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Joshlemagne posted:

Okay let's post some gifs! Here's one of a 15-year-old girl in a thong getting her rear end spanked by the tentacle-whips of a grown man in bondage gear. Ironically, of course, because KlK is totally ironic, yo.

:nws::nms:http://taigaaisakas.tumblr.com/post/68400806638:nms::nws:

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain how the deep and nuanced story and the rich tapestry of Anime history combine to make that not creepy, though.

Dude, the whole reason this thread exists is because dudes in the main GIF thread kept getting mad at anime and derailing poo poo. If Japanese cartoons make you angry, don't come to the Japanese cartoon thread just to pick fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Polar Bear Cafe?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Wapole Languray posted:

Dude, the whole reason this thread exists is because dudes in the main GIF thread kept getting mad at anime and derailing poo poo. If Japanese cartoons make you angry, don't come to the Japanese cartoon thread just to pick fights.

:nws: that hot bear on phone action tia

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Archer

China, IL

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

The Triplets of Belleville (aka Bellville Rendevouz)

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Wapole Languray posted:

Dude, the whole reason this thread exists is because dudes in the main GIF thread kept getting mad at anime and derailing poo poo.

That is really funny

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Robert Denby posted:

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

Phil was the best character on that show :allears:

That and Mentok

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
More Harvey Birdman

achillesforever6 posted:

Phil was the best character on that show :allears:

achillesforever6 posted:

That and Mentok

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Been watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood after remembering how much I liked the first series.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Linked because its 8.2mb. "Shake hand, kiss baby. Shake hand, kiss baby. Kiss hand, shake baby.": http://i.minus.com/ibfaIOgzolVxIQ.gif

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

Wapole Languray posted:

Then I suppose this would be a bad time for more images of girls fighting...

Ben-to

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
The crrrrust of Birdman!

I love X. :3:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Last of the Harvey Birdman gifs.

Some Batman cartoon where Robin is a complete dumbshit

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Hi Dandy~ hello~ how ya doin~?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Twice Upon a Time

Heavy Metal

How they did that effect

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Robert Denby posted:

Some Batman cartoon where Robin is a complete dumbshit

To be fair, I'd probably do the exact same thing. "What the gently caress? Did somebody build a gigantic hand with a stop sign on it in the middle of the road? Who the gently caress does that? Is it some kind of weird dadaist art exhibition? :psyduck:"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

President Ark posted:

To be fair, I'd probably do the exact same thing. "What the gently caress? Did somebody build a gigantic hand with a stop sign on it in the middle of the road? Who the gently caress does that? Is it some kind of weird dadaist art exhibition? :psyduck:"

It rose out of the ground though. And you can see the Riddler and Joker standing on the side.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Ani-Kuri 15

Dead Leaves

My Neighbor Seki

Kill la Kill

Linked for :nms: and a huge spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/cI25wsi.gif

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Wapole Languray posted:

I don't see why we can't have reasonable discussion on the GIFs in this thread. Anime isn't infallible, and there doesn't seem to be a more relevant place to discuss it, as long as we keep posting animated gifs.

Adventure Time with Jake and Finn

curse of flubber has a new favorite as of 15:15 on Feb 10, 2014

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

Megaspel posted:

Anime isn't infallible, and there doesn't seem to be a more relevant place to discuss it

You mean beside the whole forum made to discuss anime?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sir Gladu posted:

You mean beside the whole forum made to discuss anime?
As long as it doesn't get into stupid territory like sexism talk and other :can: discussions, I don't see why some extra words in the post are a problem so long as you are posting gifs.

Like, say, some random Kill la Kill gifs.

vvvvvvvvv Thank you for snarky shitposting and not even posting gifs!

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Feb 10, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah, discussion is fine, unless you want to discuss something, then you can go over to adtrw (which has banned discussion).

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

(Tatami Galaxy)

HMS Boromir has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Sep 15, 2014

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Naruto has some really fluid animation when it wants to.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Fleischer/Famous Studios' Superman

Popeye the Sailor Meets Sinbad the Sailor

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Fleischer's Superman will never stop being incredible.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Lupin III

I need to get an avatar size of that.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Fiend Computer posted:

I need to get an avatar size of that.

Best I could do without completely butchering it.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

I had never heard of this till now. Is it worth sitting through all the episodes? This gif gives me a major Perfect Blue vibe, which seems pretty cool.

Robert Denby posted:

Fleischer/Famous Studios' Superman

There was a gif of this you posted ages ago of Supes flying through the sky that was quite possibly one of the best bits of animation I've ever seen. But every one you post is just awesome.

Is there a blu ray release, or just dvd? Cause I think I have a copy of the dvds at work and might just snag them if they're all there is.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

HMS Boromir posted:

(Tatami Galaxy)

Is it possible to find this dubbed? I've heard nothing but good things about it, but it's unwatchable for me because they talk a mile a minute and I can't read the subtitles in real time, which really detracts from the experience.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Leper Residue posted:

I had never heard of this till now. Is it worth sitting through all the episodes? This gif gives me a major Perfect Blue vibe, which seems pretty cool.
Each "episode" is like 3 minutes long, so you might as well.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

A Lamer posted:

Is it possible to find this dubbed? I've heard nothing but good things about it, but it's unwatchable for me because they talk a mile a minute and I can't read the subtitles in real time, which really detracts from the experience.

Unfortunately not. I'm a pretty fast reader and it was still hard to catch everything, so I can see where you're coming from. I think it's worth watching even if you miss every third line of the main character's internal monologue but I can see how that would be a deal-breaker.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

HMS Boromir posted:

Unfortunately not. I'm a pretty fast reader and it was still hard to catch everything, so I can see where you're coming from. I think it's worth watching even if you miss every third line of the main character's internal monologue but I can see how that would be a deal-breaker.

The speaking also slows down quite a bit after the first episode (but is still kinda fast). Plus, it's totally worth a re-watch so it's ok if you miss things your first go-around. I highly recommend it.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Oh man, you guys'd hate Zetsubou Sensei. There's oftentimes literal walls of background text that some sadistic subbing group decided they needed to translate, so every three minutes you'd go, "Wait, stop. Rewind, I wanna read that. poo poo, you went too far! Again!"

I stopped watching because the underage harem thing started skeeving me out.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Leper Residue posted:

I mean yeah they're all decent, but it isn't a real series, just a collection of shorts by different directors- only that one (Ohayo) is by Satoshi Kon (who made Perfect Blue). The others will look stylistically different.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Leper Residue posted:

There was a gif of this you posted ages ago of Supes flying through the sky that was quite possibly one of the best bits of animation I've ever seen. But every one you post is just awesome.
Aw, thank you! Probably this one…

Leper Residue posted:

Is there a blu ray release, or just dvd? Cause I think I have a copy of the dvds at work and might just snag them if they're all there is.
Warner put out a great DVD set a few years ago that was mastered from 35mm elements.The thing is, these shorts are in the public domain, so anyone can put them out, so there is a Blu-Ray, but it is complete and total garbage. Also, the DVD is $7.99 right now!

The Illusionist

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Really wish I could find a gif that covers the part where she throws her mother off the sword and reimpales/crucifies her on that throne thing. I keep finding one or the other but not both.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Tollymain posted:

Really wish I could find a gif that covers the part where she throws her mother off the sword and reimpales/crucifies her on that throne thing. I keep finding one or the other but not both.
Major spoiler and:nws::nms: Here ya go. Somehow got that under 5MB.

The Lion King in 3D

Leaked footage from Rebuild of Evangelion 4.0

Ghost in the Shell

Jin-Roh

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Tollymain posted:

Like this?

:nws::nms: spoilers etc Here

e: aww, I was too late

BHB has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Feb 11, 2014

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Some silly Aikatsu moments:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless