Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
frank grunted as he tossed his rock down the alley. his sweepers stood by idly as the rock smashed through the field, inducing a chaotic cascade of outrage and broken medal-stand hopes. another successful throw. the opposing german team looked on in silence, cowed by the utter dominance of franks fling. frank didnt even look at the scoreboard as he strode over to the german team and one by one took each of their brooms from their nerveless fingers and snapped them in half. both the brooms and the fingers. sobs echoed through the arena as frank stomped back into his locker room. his crew followed, each spitting on the ice before sliding away in a moonwalk pose. in the studio, a single tear rolls down bob costas' frozen face, but none know whether joy or sorrow is its father. frank does not win the gold, but he has won on the only field that matters- the arena of curling respect.
like ands hare if you think this would improve curling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

just checked the schedule and y'all are getting frothy about men's curling

:dominic:

I get frothy for any curling.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Yea so curling still blows. Now curling with puppies instead dumb rocks with handle would gather the world's attention.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Are all the doges dead?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

TontoCorazon posted:

Yea so curling is pretty awesome. Now curling with the poisoned corpses of stray dogs instead of expertly machined granite with ergonomically designed handles would gather the world's attention.

Ftfy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Are all the doges dead?

No they got relocated to a dog shantytown just like the humans who live in Sochi.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Are all the doges dead?

Nah they're fine. Put them on the same healthcare the athletes get.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

just checked the schedule and y'all are getting frothy about men's curling

:dominic:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

great example of people who don't understand comedy trying to be funny

so its like most of fyad

I went there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TontoCorazon posted:

Nah they're fine. Put them on the same healthcare the athletes get.

They are hosed :(

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 10, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

the best night of the olympics has begun

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are hosed :(

A rich Russian billionaire paid for the dog shantytown since having soldiers chase dogs around with a AK47 would not make good PR.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

etalian posted:

A rich Russian billionaire paid for the dog shantytown since having soldiers chase dogs around with a AK47 would not make good PR.

thats an interesting term for concentration camp

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
dogschwitz

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
dogshau

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

wagging macht frei

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wait, curling already started? Damnit Google, you told me midnight PST! :argh:

Is there a stream link?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Hundrich Himmler

Crabodile
May 12, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wait, curling already started? Damnit Google, you told me midnight PST! :argh:

Is there a stream link?

adhenet has their normal batch of streams up

CaptainAmazingPants
Jul 14, 2002

I'm just waiting for someone to respond "WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF FUCKING IDIOT"
Is there a medical reason women can't do snowboard tricks? Watching the women's slopestyle competition I swear all the men competitors would have gotten laughed at for the runs the women put on. Not to mention the extreme lack of backflips. I sear, they never even went tricky.

Gold medal men's: 1620 japan
Gold medal Woman's: 720 and you didn't split your head open

CaptainAmazingPants fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 10, 2014

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

CaptainAmazingPants posted:

Is there a medical reason women can't do snowboard tricks? Watching the women's slopestyle competition I swear all the men competitors would have gotten laughed at for the runs the women put on. Not to mention the extreme lack of backflips. I sear, they never even went tricky.

durrr

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Knees don't work the same. gently caress if I know why.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Curling. :getin:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

9-6 Canada with 2 ends left, CBC announcer thinks he is off the air and is cackling into the mic and talking about instant coffee or something

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Yeah, I would just love to see one of these girls do an uber trick but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen :(

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

7thBatallion posted:

http://www.curlingseattle.org/open-houses

If this is too far, find a local club and call them. I am so trying this.

The Portland curling club, Evergreen Curling, has their own facility now. No need to fight crowds at Lloyd Center. Though it is in Beaverton, which is worse for me.

Though with our weather this weekend you could have set up ends on most city streets.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

The Portland curling club, Evergreen Curling, has their own facility now. No need to fight crowds at Lloyd Center. Though it is in Beaverton, which is worse for me.

Though with our weather this weekend you could have set up ends on most city streets.

Also if you do curling you can learn life skills, like impressing your better half on how fast you can mop the whole house.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

women are bad at sports.

upper body strength is huge in being able to do those tricks and women's ankles break much easier because their ankle is generally weaker and their legs angle inward more due to wider hips

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SickZip posted:

women are bad at sports.

upper body strength is huge in being able to do those tricks and women's ankles break much easier because their ankle is generally weaker and their legs angle inward more due to wider hips

:biotruths:

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

i am literally a biological scientist

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

In addition, women's knees are not built for impact as men's knees are. We brace for a fall and our joints strengthen. Hell if I know why and how, but the CBC was talking about during a break in the action.

Also, after Canada won against the Germans I instinctively starting singing O' Canada.

I don't know how or why I know the lyrics.

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 10, 2014

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

Also if you do curling you can learn life skills, like impressing your better half on how fast you can mop the whole house.

not to mention performing mechanically difficult tasks while rear end drunk

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The graceful dangling of the male genitalia allows a higher conservation of momentum

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Mancuso :getin:

Hope she can hold up in the second half

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I think I'm getting too old for the olympics. any time an athlete younger than me comes up (all of them), i get super depressed about what i've done in my life.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Meat Recital posted:

I think I'm getting too old for the olympics. any time an athlete younger than me comes up (all of them), i get super depressed about what i've done in my life.

There is still time! This guy is 55. :v:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
hey, do they still let the prince of monaco run the bobsled every 4 years? maybe I can be that guy.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

SickZip posted:

women are bad at sports.
depends on the sport. Dudes do comparatively lovely at extremely high altitudes for instance. You win some you lose some, i guess

edit: i've heard this, don't know for sure, not a scientist

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Meat Recital posted:

Thats why they invented curling dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

medical or not, women's events have been getting axed, at least in the us, so they get less practice

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000186030/photos/bridging-the-gap-the-next-wave-of-womens-snowboarding/

ed: this article sucks tho

• Locked thread