Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Every GP was a bit different, but now that it's 2014 with the new no-Saturday registration rule hopefully it will standardize the process a bit.

In any case, for no byes, your decklist and signed media waiver are due when you check in. So any time before 10 am Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Sandwich
Jan 1, 2013
What's the best setup for streaming Magic on the PC? I'd like to do a stream of playing some weird decks on Cockatrice.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Mexican Sandwich posted:

What's the best setup for streaming Magic on the PC? I'd like to do a stream of playing some weird decks on Cockatrice.

Use OBS, you're golden. Hitbox.tv if you like interacting with the chat, due to the delay in Twitch.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
For anyone bored of just UW Control but still want to play control this deck from Nashville did some pretty incredible things on camera taking 4th place.

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2
http://www.wizards.com/MAGIC/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Farcana%2F1426

FTV: Annihilation

Well well well. Board wipes and wasteland, maybe

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Rukawa posted:

http://www.wizards.com/MAGIC/magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Farcana%2F1426

FTV: Annihilation

Well well well. Board wipes and wasteland, maybe

I'd be surprised if they reprinted Wasteland since it doesn't fit their theme of "the most brutal cards ever unleashed", but I don't think anyone would complain about it being reprinted since most Legacy decks need a playset and it's probably too good to make Standard- and Modern-legal with a current set reprint. E: Lords of Legacy, come on Wizards.

This will be a fun one to play the guessing game with since the description is so open-ended. Maybe we'll get the second printing of Damnation that people have been wanting for so long?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 10, 2014

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

C-Euro posted:

I'd be surprised if they reprinted Wasteland since it doesn't fit their theme of "the most brutal cards ever unleashed"
Watch it be Strip Mine

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

C-Euro posted:

I'd be surprised if they reprinted Wasteland since it doesn't fit their theme of "the most brutal cards ever unleashed", but I don't think anyone would complain about it being reprinted since most Legacy decks need a playset.

This will be a fun one to play the guessing game with since the description is so open-ended. Maybe we'll get the second printing of Damnation that people have been wanting for so long?
FtV barely counts as a reprint. It's not like that many get made and they're a bitch and a half to get.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Good opportunity to reprint Ravages of War and Burning of Xinye, those are a couple of the Portal cards that have demand for Commander/Cube and ended up stupid expensive right?

tartar
Apr 22, 2008
It's about time for an Apocalypse Chime reprint.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Elysiume posted:

FtV barely counts as a reprint. It's not like that many get made and they're a bitch and a half to get.

Yeah, FTV is really cool for bling but it doesn't really count as "reprinting" in the relevant sense.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Tharizdun posted:

Watch it be Strip Mine

That's already an FTV card.

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2
Assuming it's wipes/wipe related, I'd imagine something like:

Wrath of God
Armageddon
All is Dust
Damnation
Terminus
Jokulhops
1+ Annihilator creatures (Emrakul, Kozilek, Ulamog)
Ravages of War
Plague Wind
Austere Command
Worldfire
Decree of Annihilation

fuckingwhocares fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 10, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

If Decree of Annihilation is in it, I'm buying. Too bad it will be errata'd. :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
C'mon Wizards, let's see a reprint of Overwhelming Forces. :getin:

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2
Maybe something like Smokestack, Vindicate, Abrupt Decay, Pernicious Deed. Things of that ilk.

fuckingwhocares fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 10, 2014

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2
Stupid phone, quote != Edit.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'd be surprised if Abrupt Decay was in, that's awfully recent.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Rukawa posted:

Maybe something like Smokestack, Vindicate, Abrupt Decay, Pernicious Deed, etc

But dudebro you're ruining the secondary market! :reject: (I'd actually be stoked as hell if they were in though)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
The preview art screams Sulfuric Vortex to me. I can't think of many other effects visually like it that would feature a wizard so prominently in the art, and none of those are rare to begin with (Firespout, Simoon, Savage Twister). It also happens to be a cheap card that sees competitive play in Legacy, so it lets them fill a junk slot with something that people will still want.

Niton fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 10, 2014

fuckingwhocares
Apr 23, 2003

Josh #2

Boxn posted:

But dudebro you're ruining the secondary market! :reject: (I'd actually be stoked as hell if they were in though)

Smokestack: ~5
Deed: ~15
Vindicate: ~20

Wasteland would be a good one though as they have jumped to $80 on TCG for LPs.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

If they don't include Wake of Destruction (which, FYI, has some of the best artwork and flavor text in Magic), it will be worthless :colbert:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Rukawa posted:

Assuming it's wipes/wipe related, I'd imagine something like:

Wrath of God
Armageddon
All is Dust
Damnation
Terminus
Jokulhops
1+ Annihilator creatures (Emrakul, Kozilek, Ulamog)
Ravages of War
Plague Wind
Austere Command
Worldfire
Decree of Annihilation

I'd bet Kozilek if anything. Emrakul has a promo and Ulamog was in FTV Legends.
O-Stone could be in there. Evacuation or the blue "bounce everything" spell? Flame Wave, Avatar of Woe, Demonic Hordes (reserve list?) Red/White Myojin, Rolling Earthquake would be nice. That's just the stuff off the top of my head.

I hope Shauku, Endbringer is in it. She's probably reserve listed too because Wizards won't let me have anything nice.

Unrelated, but check out the first ruling on Victimize

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=10655

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Can you imagine how upset people would be if they reprinted Damnation but gave it new art?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

vOv posted:

Can you imagine how upset people would be if they reprinted Damnation but gave it new art?

You mean a handful of people on the internet who wouldn't change their purchase choice anyway and not too many other people?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ramos posted:

You mean a handful of people on the internet who wouldn't change their purchase choice anyway and not too many other people?

Well, yeah.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
They already reprinted Damnation with different art once, did everybody poo poo their pants then? :shrug:

I think both Damnation arts are pretty defensible, just different styles.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
The MPR Damnation is pretty fuckin' ugly, especially compared to DOOM ORB.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

On a related note, it's amazing how much better the new frame/border makes Wrath of God look:

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

vOv posted:

On a related note, it's amazing how much better the new frame/border makes Wrath of God look:

7th edition's whole gimmick was that every single card in it had new art, and almost every single card looked like utter poo poo. Wrath was one of the few good ones from that set.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Niton posted:

The preview art screams Sulfuric Vortex to me. I can't think of many other effects visually like it that would feature a wizard so prominently in the art, and none of those are rare to begin with (Firespout, Simoon, Savage Twister). It also happens to be a cheap card that sees competitive play in Legacy, so it lets them fill a junk slot with something that people will still want.

I definitely get Kirtar's Wrath from the article art. White art, birds, lone dude looking like the original art.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Elysiume posted:

Unless you're on MTGO :getin:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Man I really want to go to GP Richmond but I don't even have a modern deck.

I will live vicariously through you all, please have a goon-only top 8.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Olothreutes posted:

FTV: Relics had Sword of Body and Mind from a set yet to be released. Not that I particularly think Abrupt Decay will be in FTV: Annihilation, but there's precedent for recent cards.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

C'mon Wizards, let's see a reprint of Overwhelming Forces. :getin:

It's been reprinted and is pretty cheap dude.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Stinky Pit posted:

It's been reprinted and is pretty cheap dude.

I wouldn't call a $25 Judge foil "pretty cheap".

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Finally, I get that full art promo worldslayer I've always wanted

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Compared to the 100+ original, yeah its pretty cheap. An FTV Reprint wouldn't be much cheaper.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Olothreutes posted:

As I recalk, FTV Legends had Mikaeus the Lunarch before Innistrad was even out. Also Ulamog from RotE, which would have been more recent than Abrupt Decay now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

I would. $25 is nothing for how old the card is and how desirable it is for EDH.

If you're playing Magic and you feel like $25 is a significant amount to spend on a card you're only going to need one of, you may have chosen the wrong hobby.

• Locked thread