Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Make Loki and Nekros pure opposites of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

InfinityComplex posted:

Make Loki and Nekros pure opposites of each other.

So you want Nekros to be the slowest and tankiest frame in the game?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Kanos posted:

You can't kill what's already dead!

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Kanos posted:

From the skill standpoint but... Yes. Rhino's not cutting out to be the slowest and Saryn's more fleshmelting than tanking.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

InfinityComplex posted:

From the skill standpoint but... Yes. Rhino's not cutting out to be the slowest and Saryn's more fleshmelting than tanking.

I don't really know how you make a skillset that's the opposite of Loki's, since Loki's skills are pretty much about misdirection and evasion. I guess taunt skills and massive durability? But that's a pretty huge departure from both current design and his visuals since Nekros is a skinny little fucker who looks like he'd break if you tapped him.

Not that he doesn't need a huge departure from his current design.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The opposite of a Loki is a Luchadore.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Just got into the game today and am really enjoying it. I've mostly completed Venus and am starting to wonder what I should be doing with all of the extra duplicate common mods and fusion cores I'm accumulating. Should I:

A: Fuse these now and then roll my ranked-up commons into higher rarity mods later? Or..

B: Save-up my rank 0 commons to fuse directly into higher rarity mods once I get them?

This wiki has a table that makes it seem like option B is more efficient in the long-run, but I wasn't sure if the short-term benefit of having upgraded commons to use early on is more important.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Keep stuff at rank 0 if you're just going to fuse it (option B). You lose out if you rank up a mod and then fuse it away.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Initial Phage impressions: it owns, get it immediately upon reaching mastery 6.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Helter Skelter posted:

All of the weapons are fantastic. The rocket hammer is godly. Even the twin pistols are the best twin machine guns in the game. They don't instantly run out of ammo, are pretty accurate, and deal great damage.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Denzine posted:

The opposite of a Loki is a Luchadore.

Update 13: The CREEEEEEEEAAAAM rises to the TOP YEAH

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Helter Skelter posted:

Helter do you remember those nights when MWO was fun and we had disco parties?

Well, the Phage is warframe's answer to that.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I neglected to build enough detonite injectors ahead of time so I have to wait another 30 hours before I can start building the rocket hammer. :negative:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ice Fist posted:

Helter do you remember those nights when MWO was fun and we had disco parties?

Well, the Phage is warframe's answer to that.
Now I want to get a group of 2 novas and 2 banshees together for a disco dubstep murder party.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

The best part about the Phage is that it is a literally better-in-every-way flat upgrade to the Flux Rifle, rendering that poor weapon even more completely pointless and totally obsolete. Phage can even do triple dual-element setups!

I miss when you were awesome, Flux old buddy. Then Damage 2.0 ripped your poor heart out and you never recovered. :smith:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I played for a few hours and it's been surprisingly fun, though not finding new weapons will probably get to me in later sessions; otherwise, it reminded me heavily of Phantasy Star Online, which is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. I even had a few people joining my squad, which was a nice surprise, as I was able to help with a mission, even though it was my first time doing it. I do have a few questions (please keep in mind I have the PS4 version):

1) During the missions, I sometimes couldn't "Revive" a downed ally - the game would display the "Hold O to Revive", but holding the button would not do anything. Other times it would work and I don't think I did anything differently.
2) Is there any way to quickly communicate with other players? The game often mentions typing things out on a keyboard, but I don't have one :saddowns: Are there shortcuts for "Help!" "Come here" and other types of messages?
3) Other than playing solo, is there a way not to be dragged into a first mission your squadmate selects? After clearing fourth (I think) mission on the starting planet I wanted to select the next one, but my squadmate selected the same mission and dragged me into doing it again - which led to the first problem and he/she died :( Obviously, were we communicating anything, it would not happen, but I barely have time to shoot as it is, let alone typing any kind of messages.
4) Do I lose much by playing solo? Does the game scale enemies to the amount/level of the players in squad?
5) What does raising affinity actually do? My frame is just as flimsy as it was, my default assault rifle still does the same amount of damage it did at the start and my lovely pistol is still lovely despite gaining a few levels - do their stats increase? Their upgrade slots? Something else?

I think that's it for the moment - thanks in advance for any help!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The revive thing I don't know about might be a PS4 issue, for the rest read the Op and also the wiki.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Szurumbur posted:

I played for a few hours and it's been surprisingly fun, though not finding new weapons will probably get to me in later sessions; otherwise, it reminded me heavily of Phantasy Star Online, which is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. I even had a few people joining my squad, which was a nice surprise, as I was able to help with a mission, even though it was my first time doing it. I do have a few questions (please keep in mind I have the PS4 version):

1) During the missions, I sometimes couldn't "Revive" a downed ally - the game would display the "Hold O to Revive", but holding the button would not do anything. Other times it would work and I don't think I did anything differently.
2) Is there any way to quickly communicate with other players? The game often mentions typing things out on a keyboard, but I don't have one :saddowns: Are there shortcuts for "Help!" "Come here" and other types of messages?
3) Other than playing solo, is there a way not to be dragged into a first mission your squadmate selects? After clearing fourth (I think) mission on the starting planet I wanted to select the next one, but my squadmate selected the same mission and dragged me into doing it again - which led to the first problem and he/she died :( Obviously, were we communicating anything, it would not happen, but I barely have time to shoot as it is, let alone typing any kind of messages.
4) Do I lose much by playing solo? Does the game scale enemies to the amount/level of the players in squad?
5) What does raising affinity actually do? My frame is just as flimsy as it was, my default assault rifle still does the same amount of damage it did at the start and my lovely pistol is still lovely despite gaining a few levels - do their stats increase? Their upgrade slots? Something else?

I think that's it for the moment - thanks in advance for any help!

2.) Yes it's called using your voice, and talking to teammates via ingame chat..
3.) Again, voice coms are key
4.) I think the drops arent as good when soloing, think diablo rules.. more players = harder/better drops
5.) Affinity unlocks other stuff thats XP locked.. basically it's dumb

Protip: never ever ever use transfusion.

Also Add me to your list on PSN and come get into a Party

PSN: IntoTheMild

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Transmutation: spending 4 reflex guards and 36k credits amd getting... reflex guard. :v:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Man posted:

2.) Yes it's called using your voice, and talking to teammates via ingame chat..
The only thing I'll add to this is not to expect it with random people you join. 99% of the time the only 'voice chat' you hear is feedback from their PS4 Camera, mainly picking up the messages from the Locus coming from their controllers.

I have a few questions of my own:

I know mastery is for useful for accessing new weapons, but I'm wondering if I should bother going back to level my early weapons (MK-1 Braton, Lato, Skana, Cronos) for the XP, or should I just sell them to make space and focus on levelling up weapons that are actually decent?

I also have a bunch of Tower I keys from doing Defense/Survival nodes, what sort of level/gear should I have before attempting these? I assume they're a late-game thing, and I definitely should not try doing them alone?

Finally, now that I have a decent amount of credits banked, I was thinking of investing in a Sentinel. I hear the consensus is that that the Carrier is probably the most useful option here? Of course, the only problem is that they all seem to require Control Modules, which I have yet to see, are these another late-game only thing?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Aishan posted:

The only thing I'll add to this is not to expect it with random people you join. 99% of the time the only 'voice chat' you hear is feedback from their PS4 Camera, mainly picking up the messages from the Locus coming from their controllers.

I know mastery is for useful for accessing new weapons, but I'm wondering if I should bother going back to level my early weapons (MK-1 Braton, Lato, Skana, Cronos) for the XP, or should I just sell them to make space and focus on levelling up weapons that are actually decent?

I also have a bunch of Tower I keys from doing Defense/Survival nodes, what sort of level/gear should I have before attempting these? I assume they're a late-game thing, and I definitely should not try doing them alone?

1) Unless you're Mastery whoring, there's no real reason to max weapons you don't enjoy. There are plenty of good/enjoyable weapons and frames to get you to the max Mastery rank required for any weapon (8 now, I think).

2) Tower I is pretty doable as long as you have a strong (>25 with good mods) weapon.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Shugojin posted:

Transmutation: spending 4 reflex guards and 36k credits amd getting... reflex guard. :v:
If you're going to use transmutation, the key is to use mods of all the same rarity but make sure they are all different mods.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Helter Skelter posted:

If you're going to use transmutation, the key is to use mods of all the same rarity but make sure they are all different mods.

Yeah I know. I just think that that happening is hilarious. :mmmhmm:

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH

Aishan posted:

Finally, now that I have a decent amount of credits banked, I was thinking of investing in a Sentinel. I hear the consensus is that that the Carrier is probably the most useful option here? Of course, the only problem is that they all seem to require Control Modules, which I have yet to see, are these another late-game only thing?

1) Leveling your early equipment is really only useful for raising your mastery levels. Do it whenever you want.

2) You can do them alone but it will be difficult, they're broken in to three tiers, tier one being the easiest and you should be able to solo it, tier two is a bit more difficult and it is possible to solo but it's gotta be something you can actually do, like extermination, no worry about time limits or if your defence object is low on health. Same goes for tier 3. You can wait around for an hour and hope somebody else is doing the same one as you or you can join a clan and ask somebody to drag your corpse through them. Not sure if the PS4 version has a recruitment channel but you can ask there too if it's got one.

3) Carrier is best but yes it does take a while to get the parts you need if you can't get to the planets. Best place to farm "rare" mats are usually in the Orokin Void.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Any mastery that gets you closer to Rank 6 for low effort is a good thing.

Tower 1 is only enemies at 20~. You can kill those with some basic mods and survive fine with some extra health and shields modded on to your frame.

quote:

All resources can drop from crates, lockers, enemies and bosses.
It can be easier to farm resources during an infestation invasion of a planet with the drops you want due to the high spawn rate and ease of killing the melee only enemies on defense and survival.

• Alloy Plate - Abundant
    • Farm in Tower Voids.
  • Nano Spore - Abundant
    • Farm in Orokin Derelict.
  • Control Module - Abundant
    • Farm in Tower Voids.
  • Ferrite - Common but drops in small quantity
    • Farm on Appolodorus, Mercury.
  • Gallium - Common
    • Frequent invasion reward.
  • Polymer Bundle - Common
    • Easy to farm with extractor
  • Rubedo - Common
    • Drops in Tower Voids
  • Salvage - Common
  • Circuits - Common but drops in small quantity
  • Neurodes - Uncommon
    • Frequent invasion reward.
    • Rare drop on any boss. Farmable from Lephantis in Orokin Derelict Assassination.
  • Morphics - Uncommon
    • Slow to farm, use extractor on Mars instead.
  • Plastids - Uncommon.
    • Slow to farm, recommend extractor.
  • Orokin Cell - Rare
    • Rare drop on any boss.
    • Level 15 difficulty: Fairly common drop from General Sargas Ruk on Tethys, Saturn.
    • Level 15 difficulty: Common drop from Phorid on Tethys during Saturn infestaion invasion.
    • Level 30 difficulty: Common drop from Phorid on Exta during Ceres infestaion invasion.
    • 1-4 can drop from Lephantis in Orokin Derelict in Orokin Derelict Assassination.
  • Neural Sensors - Rare
    • Only farm is 1-2 a time from Alad V on Jupiter.

Fieldron and Mutagen Mass can both be easily farmed from invasions. There is no free source of Detonite Injectors.
Forma BPs are frequent rewards from all Tower Void missions.
Catalyst and Reactor BPs are given at special events, check after developer livestreams.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 10, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone got a run down on the Vectis or the Tetra? Got one more slot and looking for my next weapon.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mr Man posted:

4.) I think the drops arent as good when soloing, think diablo rules.. more players = harder/better drops
5.) Affinity unlocks other stuff thats XP locked.. basically it's dumb

Protip: never ever ever use transfusion.

Also Add me to your list on PSN and come get into a Party

PSN: IntoTheMild

I do have the packed in mono-aural headset, I suppose I can work with that. No one talked to me, either, or sent any messages, it was a rather bizarre experience, all things considered. I will add you, just know that I'm level 3 or not brave enough to leave the starting planet :v:

Sandweed posted:

The revive thing I don't know about might be a PS4 issue, for the rest read the Op and also the wiki.

I did read the OP, still missed a few things from that, so after re-reading I do know more!

Still, do any other PS4 users experience the problem with not being able to Revive other players? I felt like an arsehole running around the downed squadmate and not being able to help.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Szurumbur posted:

Still, do any other PS4 users experience the problem with not being able to Revive other players? I felt like an arsehole running around the downed squadmate and not being able to help.
The positioning can be a bit strange sometimes even on PC. If you can't revive someone, try moving around a bit to get a different angle.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The warframe wiki is incredible, it's usually better to check it than ask random goons, unless it's one of the rank 14 sperglords.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I figured that if random goons wouldn't know something off the top of their heads then it wouldn't be something that I'd actually learn, thus not important to my heavily-casual ways :v:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone got a run down on the Vectis or the Tetra? Got one more slot and looking for my next weapon.

I've only used the Vectis enough to get it up to Rank 1, but I can already say I will probably take that thing to 30 and potato it for the dumb amount of fun I had with it. Nothing else in the game quite scratches the "Bolt Action Rifle" itch as well as the Vectis.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sandweed posted:

unless it's one of the rank 14 sperglords.
Hi.

The Jumpoff posted:

I've only used the Vectis enough to get it up to Rank 1, but I can already say I will probably take that thing to 30 and potato it for the dumb amount of fun I had with it. Nothing else in the game quite scratches the "Bolt Action Rifle" itch as well as the Vectis.
It really is fun. I just slapped a forma in mine a few minutes ago because I'm out of other primaries to level until the void coughs up the last few bits I need for a couple Prime weapons.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I'm finally liking bows now that they have upped the damage. It's high risk-high reward type of weapon now and I like it. I only wonder why Thunderbolt is so dependent on chance when they could've made it a mod that would cause explosion any time it's fully charged. The explosion radius is small and the extra damage is not that great so it's not like it's a faster Ogris.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm so close to rank 13 I should stop formaing good guns, and just level up weird crap until I'm there.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

It's a drat good weapon actually. Reload speed'll get you further than any fire rate mods and the limited zoom is a lot more useful in the close in areas. If you can get your hands on a shred or metal auger it'll help a lot with groups. it does enough damage across the board that with the right elementals you can take it against any of the factions, plus the crits are pretty good. It's a hell of a lot more ammo efficent than the other sniper rifles other than the Lanka.

I've been chasing Mastery mostly for Cheevos, halfway to rank 13 with just the phage to work on now for primaries, going to need the primes other than the Latron. Got a couple scattered secondaries, and a bunch of melee that I care less about til Melee 2.0 comes out. It'll be a desperate day when I remake the Skana.

QQmore fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 10, 2014

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
Does aiming do anything other than a slight zoom? Any benefits to cone of fire or anything?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I'm 12,500exp away from rank 11. Is rank 14 the "max every weapon" rank at present?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Not having played since around Update 9.3/Operation Sling Stone/Informant, :allears: More dual pistols.
Any dud weapons I should avoid? It seems they've changed the damage system up.
I have a Formaed releveling Braton, Gorgon and a Strun for primary. Lex, Vasto and Aklato Secondaries. Kestrel and Furax for melee. MAG and RHINO for suits.

Is there still a Goon group around? We had a Psyduck Lotus for an emblem.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

zgrowler2 posted:

I'm 12,500exp away from rank 11. Is rank 14 the "max every weapon" rank at present?

I've seen people with rank 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I'm working on getting dual cestras. I wasn't impressed with the Supra after sinking four formas into it, so I'm hoping the cestras will be an alternative bullet hose while letting me still rock a Lanka/Penta primary.