Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Lord Exhumator Scaverous

Helljack Slayer

Lich Lord Terminus

And their googly-eyed versions!

And finally, In Battle photos of my Dark Angels army! This was taken last year around August, and I can't recall every detail of the game, but it was a Dark Angels vs Dark Angels army. All of my army was Terminators, and most of my opponent's army was too, so it was quite the brutal fight.

Turn two. Everything is on the board and we're punching each other in the face SO HARD. I slay his Belial under a flood of power fists and thunder hammers.

Belial and his crew are staring down the barrel of a few large guns...

...and it doesn't go so well :smith:

Turn 5 or 6. All that's left on the board is Belial, two of my opponent's terminators, his Land Speeder Vengeance, and a Predator.

Belial dies doing what he loved: being fisted.

The models here are from the Deathwing army I oathed back in July 2013. You can find them here and here.

(I'm not going to repost all those images here, obviously, and I'm not digging through 109 pages to find the exact finished oath post for that time of the year unless I absolutely have to.)

Alright! The bonus points for this month were the Detectuv's Jurnal (4th Wall), done with the googly eyes, and the In Battle! bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

krushgroove posted:

And yes, if you completed a non-GW oath for the month of January, you are entered and get to vote for the best of the non-GW oaths for NTRabbit's Deadzone Kickstarter giveaway! Click here for the details: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&pagenumber=99&perpage=40#post423873234

Is there a convenient gallery of eligible oaths to choose from?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I enri, do hereby oath the following odds and sods for the month of February...

4 x Chaos Warriors, by Games Workshop (for a bloodbowl team, hence the lack of weapons)
1 x Electrical Creation, by Wyrd Miniatures
1 x Ramos, by Wyrd Miniatures

Leperflesh / Krushgroove - I'm making an extra piece for the journal entry but it's going to be made out of greenstuff and it's going to be a simple ball. Do I need to take a photo of that when it's ready or not?

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Additional oath: 5 Reciprocators:siren:
These are Privateer Press. They look shiny but it's just an airbrush basecoat of Balthazar Gold.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
Addendum to my February oath

One Fireblade is going to get laughed off the battlefield alone, so he's going to need some Missile Drone backup. These will eventually be joined up into 3 models. Models are from Games Workshop.

My initial oath post

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ForkBanger posted:

Yeah, my other camera is charging. I'll have better pictures later on now.

OK, I'm treating these as your "after" conversion photos.

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, oath (1) Games Workshop Space Marine and (4) Flames of War U.S. Rifle Company!

What scale is Flames of War (and is that the name of the manufacturer or just the game)?

Ah, thanks that's helpful.

Slimnoid posted:

Alright! The bonus points for this month were the Detectuv's Jurnal (4th Wall), done with the googly eyes, and the In Battle! bonus

I haven't looked thoroughly, but I believe this makes Slimnoid the first goon to complete all 10 of the 1-point One-Time Bonus Themes (including It's a Baby)! Congrats, Slimnoid. It's no wonder you're sitting pretty at the top of the leaderboard right now.

moths posted:

Is there a convenient gallery of eligible oaths to choose from?

Yeah, uh... I'm supposed to post that. I thought I was gonna do it this weekend but I kind of forgot. I will post that up ASAP though! (it's going to take me a few minutes of time to put all the names and links together.)

enri posted:

Leperflesh / Krushgroove - I'm making an extra piece for the journal entry but it's going to be made out of greenstuff and it's going to be a simple ball. Do I need to take a photo of that when it's ready or not?

No. That sounds like a pretty trivial addition to a base or model, right? We don't track that kind of stuff.

Haydrian posted:

One Fireblade is going to get laughed off the battlefield alone, so he's going to need some Missile Drone backup. These will eventually be joined up into 3 models. Models are from Games Workshop.

I would appreciate a more clear, copy/pasteable statement about what and how many models you're painting. I figured it out (three Tau missile drones) but I'm just saying for future reference. :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit's January non-GW Prize Voting Post
Per NTRabbit's generous prize sponsorship, everyone who painted at least one mini from a non-GW/Forgeworld source is eligible to win a couple of Mantic Deadzone minis!

If your name is on the following list, please click through each of the entries and then vote for your favorite. Please only consider the non-GW models: many goons painted a combination of GW and non-GW models, but only the non-GW ones should be judged for this contest.

You can of course judge on whatever criteria you want, so don't feel like you necessarily have to vote for the best-painted, or the goon who did the most models... just pick your "favorite," whatever that might be.

If your name is not on this list, but you think it should be, please post immediately. It's possible (actually pretty likely) I missed someone.

Pash
Dagon
Mt. ORourke
enri
KingMob
Red Shoe
Ledgem
Illudere
ForkBanger
Slimnoid
moths
IrvingWashington
Grey Hunter
SRM
counterspin
Mmtheblue
LazyAngel
Germ
Android
Deanut Pancer
Achmed Jones
Indolent Bastard
Iris of Ether
Signal
Dr. Gargunza
Schmetterling
bhsman
WhiteOutMouse
thespaceinvader
drgnvale
Lord_Hambrose
JerryLee

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I'm going to throw my vote behind Iris of Ether's awesome clockwork dragon.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
There's a ton I could go with but I have to give my vote to Red Shoe's everything. I didn't judge primarily on quantity but the fact that he painted so many different things to a consistently high standard is the tie breaker.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tough choice but I think - - - - - - - - Mt. ORourke - - - - - - - - gets my vote.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Gonna have to roll with -----Red Shoe, though Iris of Ether's steampunk dragon was a close, close second. The sheer variety of Shoe's stuff - and all of it painted at a high level - is what ultimately did it for me

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

What scale is Flames of War (and is that the name of the manufacturer or just the game)?

The scale is 1/100 and that's the name of the game, the manufacturer is Battlefront Miniatures I believe. Mainly doing that for this month's jurnal.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Leperflesh posted:

I haven't looked thoroughly, but I believe this makes Slimnoid the first goon to complete all 10 of the 1-point One-Time Bonus Themes (including It's a Baby)! Congrats, Slimnoid. It's no wonder you're sitting pretty at the top of the leaderboard right now.

I think another goon beat me to it, actually. Can't recall who, but I think they got all the one-time bonuses about...two months ago?

Also my vote goes to Red Shoe, because hot drat that is some subtle but striking OSL.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Voting Slimnoid because I think that lava hydra is neat.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rikthor posted:

The scale is 1/100 and that's the name of the game, the manufacturer is Battlefront Miniatures I believe. Mainly doing that for this month's jurnal.

Ah, ok thanks! That's 16.1mm, apparently.

Slimnoid posted:

I think another goon beat me to it, actually. Can't recall who, but I think they got all the one-time bonuses about...two months ago?

Ah, you're right: Achmed Jones also has done all the Bonuses. Well done Achmed Jones! He's in a 3-way tie for 7th place right now, so in the top 10 as well.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Deanut Pancer posted:

For February, I oath this 40k Rhino
(The white plasticard bits are what will eventually become the Jurnal feature)

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I oath this Games Workshop Kroot Carnivore (28mm).

enri posted:

I enri, do hereby oath the following odds and sods for the month of February...

4 x Chaos Warriors, by Games Workshop (for a bloodbowl team, hence the lack of weapons)
1 x Electrical Creation, by Wyrd Miniatures
1 x Ramos, by Wyrd Miniatures

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Additional oath: 5 Reciprocators:siren:
These are Privateer Press. They look shiny but it's just an airbrush basecoat of Balthazar Gold.

Haydrian posted:

Addendum to my February oath

Accepted!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Red Shoe has my vote. The sheer variety of wonderfully executed OSL is amazing. I REALLY like the alchemist.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
_______ Germ ________ has my vote. There were a lot of entries I liked this month, though I thought the OSL on the wizard figure was striking.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I vote for Red Shoe because Gorman and the Press Ganger are freaking awesome.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I really like the cel-shaded NMMy sort of look on Iris of Ether's Wyrmgear so that gets my vote.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
My vote goes to Red Shoe, that OSL work is seriously slick, and varied too!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I vote Red Shoe, once again very hard but the volume sold me. So much non GW stuff with such quality jobs with the month's flavor too. Nice

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
One vote for KingMob's robot things with red glowing bits. (It was a toss-up between these and Mt. ORourke version of the same models for me)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Voting for Forkbanger for conveying so much emotion on those tiny faces.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Voting for Slimnoid for the lava hydra!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, being really tired of this goddamn cold, oath to paint for the month of February: (1) Crazy-rear end Kitbashed Scientist-Type Dude; (1) Khador Juggernaut; and (1) Khador Destroyer! All are 28mm-30mm scale (the Warmachine literature calls it 30mm, but ehhhh).

The warjacks are from Privateer Press. The body of the kitbashed scientist guy is a heavily-modified Chaos Space Marine from GW; the head is from Dr. Ervin Friedman, Mad Scientist (from Reaper); and the weapon is cobbled together from the CSM's bolter and one of the weirder guns out of Reaper's Futuristic Weapons conversion pack. Also some Woodland Scenics Tall Grass (not pictured; it's somewhere in my piles of bits at home, I swear).

Guess which one's meant to be the immersion-breaking Jurnal for the month! (hint: glasses)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
(Sorry if this is late, been having trouble keeping pace with the thread since my tablet died.)
My vote is for: I had to go with Red Shoe, for, like, everything. Everyone's justly raving about the OSL, but that is some sweet, sweet metal on those robots.

Oh, and before I forget:

Sole.Sushi posted:

EDIT: Well dicks, Bonus Cool Kid's Point: Dr. Gargunza!

Well, now that I am looking at the right thing, yes, I liked yours the best :downs: Really, the whole model is great.

Good thing I checked further back in the thread, otherwise I never would've seen this. Thanks very much for the vote! (We'll just ignore the part where almost everything that wasn't the NMM on that model was a complete accident...)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Guess which one's meant to be the immersion-breaking Jurnal for the month! (hint: glasses)

I think I'll be treating this as your "before" photo of a conversion, if that's what you want; so, be sure to post an "after" photo, ideally when the model is fully assembled but before painting.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
My vote will be for Iris of Ether for that amazing dragon and the little designs on its plates.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

I think I'll be treating this as your "before" photo of a conversion, if that's what you want; so, be sure to post an "after" photo, ideally when the model is fully assembled but before painting.

Actually, I've already done a conversion in this season. However, I did take this pic of the assembled miniature mere seconds after the oath submission pic I took this morning:

Let me know if you need any other pics of it, like from different angles (it's not glued together yet, so some of the bits are flopping around a little).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Manifest's Conversion prize is quarterly, so it's fine to do more than one per year (and actually I don't think there's a restriction on doing more than one per quarter... presumably Manifest can just pick from among your entries).

That photo will do fine for the completed photo.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

NTRabbit's January non-GW Prize Voting Post

I vote for JerryLee

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath these 4 Space Marines

There will be more, but I want to get started.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, being really tired of this goddamn cold, oath to paint for the month of February: (1) Crazy-rear end Kitbashed Scientist-Type Dude; (1) Khador Juggernaut; and (1) Khador Destroyer! All are 28mm-30mm scale (the Warmachine literature calls it 30mm, but ehhhh).

The warjacks are from Privateer Press. The body of the kitbashed scientist guy is a heavily-modified Chaos Space Marine from GW; the head is from Dr. Ervin Friedman, Mad Scientist (from Reaper); and the weapon is cobbled together from the CSM's bolter and one of the weirder guns out of Reaper's Futuristic Weapons conversion pack. Also some Woodland Scenics Tall Grass (not pictured; it's somewhere in my piles of bits at home, I swear).

Namenlos posted:

I oath these 4 Space Marines

There will be more, but I want to get started.

Accepted!

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
I vote for Iris of Ether, for making the dragon's eye light up. That's cool.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Additional oath: 5 Long Riders and Horthol - mounted and dismounted:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
I vote for ____Iris of Ether_____

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Additional oath: 5 Long Riders and Horthol - mounted and dismounted:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Accepted!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I add to my oath one Warhound (sans head) and one Warhound-based objective marker, plus one Rhino. All in 6mm scale, from Forgeworld and GW respectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren: I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Games Workshop Chaos Space Marine, and one Privateer Press Morvahna the Autumnblade, both 28mm :siren:

• Locked thread