Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Batch download all videos, cross reference with attendance database, run text recognition, throw in markov-chain generator, enhance a couple of times,

randombattle posted:

You're a bot.
Oh i see you're already done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

randombattle posted:

You're a bot.

You're not wrong.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Were terrible catchphrases invented or discovered?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

kater posted:

EA sent the dudes a pizza to go along with the Medal of Honor patch notes. Like, gently caress everything. Whoever did that is a genius. The fact that I remember that is money well spent.

Pretty sure the guys admitted they just ordered a pizza and slapped the patch notes inside of it to be funny.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Jeff "Dark Souls" Green is in the Crystal Caves. He hasn't even made it to those paths yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/greenspeak

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
He took a literal leap of faith, and just noticed/figured out that the snowflakes are showing him the path. Jeff Green owns.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Saint Freak posted:

Jeff "Dark Souls" Green is in the Crystal Caves. He hasn't even made it to those paths yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/greenspeak

I thought for once it was a game I had some familiarity with :smith:

http://www.3drealms.com/caves/

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Rinkles posted:

Get out of here old man

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The one enemy you'll never beat Jeff: Gravity.

Rinkles posted:

Every year i have that moment of "what the hell was that game where you could shoot that computer and your character would horribly suffocate" and spend like 20 minutes googling before giving up. I'll keep this post bookmarked, thanks.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Holy poo poo. Jeff just managed to get the blue titanite slab.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wow, I had to look that poo poo up to even know it was there. Good on him for finding it, even if unintentionally.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I found that by accident when I played.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

He effortlessly navigates the path to the slab but is stumped by the perfectly straight path to the boss room.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Green may be worse at games than anyone at GB but his attitude and comedic timing is loving spot on, and that's what really counts. I'm rooting for him to prevail and finish the game, however many hours it'll take.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I've been watching Patrick's Dark Souls videos all day while doing this bullshit work thing and I'm on part 9 and he is nearing the end of Anor Lando. I'm just curious if he ever manages to revive his Fire Keeper? I was a little sad that he didn't get the message about the orb vibrating.

edit: looks like maybe he's figuring it out so nevermind.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 10, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cityinthesea posted:

Goddamnit :argh:

That being said, the only other mission I have sounds really irritating (the four Devas) so yep. (also I did get the phys reflect armor from Ginza because I was still using the black Demonica armor)

Four Devas is really irritating, if you don't have the Airship I suggest you go get it first because it makes the quest pretty easy. It's one of the quests you get from demon negotiation.

Also as mentioned if you go into a boss that spams say, fire, and your entire party is immune to fire, some bosses will spam almighty at you. Usually the optional ones, because "be immune to element" is a way to completely guarantee you win some of the earlier fights.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cityinthesea posted:

Goddamnit :argh:

That being said, the only other mission I have sounds really irritating (the four Devas) so yep. (also I did get the phys reflect armor from Ginza because I was still using the black Demonica armor)

Four Devas is really annoying but required yeah, you should do the optional Airship quest first or you will hate yourself. After that you should be good to go into the last dungeons.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Someone made Chris Remo a Chris Remo Spelunky custom character like Patrick got. He just took it out for a spin for the first time and, naturally, ended up killing Yama and getting a really high score :v:

Sadly Patrick doesn't seem to do the daily on Saturdays or Sundays so we won't get to see how he does with this seed.

e: Wait, when does the daily reset? I guess that could have been the Monday run that Remo just did.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Crowbear posted:

e: Wait, when does the daily reset? I guess that could have been the Monday run that Remo just did.

4PM PST.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn6pIW967ns

New Best Of up!

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Morning show with Jim Sterling is going. Could be interesting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's weird how completely I've turned around on Jim Sterling. I still think he's kind of a dumbass for his Witcher 2 review but aside from that he's been one of the most interesting guys to follow.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Seems like a blowhard from what little I've seen of him. I'll see what he sounds like this morning.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Fallom posted:

It's weird how completely I've turned around on Jim Sterling. I still think he's kind of a dumbass for his Witcher 2 review but aside from that he's been one of the most interesting guys to follow.

He seems to have gone from "my shtick is that I'm a jerk" to "my shtick is that I'm a jerk to people who are assholes" and I can appreciate that.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

sleepwalkers posted:

Pretty sure the guys admitted they just ordered a pizza and slapped the patch notes inside of it to be funny.

Not that I've seen. They showed video of them putting the patch notes inside the pizza box, but I've never seen any admission they they just ordered the pizzas themselves.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Token Cracker posted:

Platinum should design the combat system for every game.

This would make the world a better place.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Plantinum should make more JRPG's. Infinite Space is one of the best RPG's on the DS, and I'm sad nothing else like it has come around since :(

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haha goddamn the Bravely Default QL has probably the best intro I've ever seen.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
I have been listening through some old bombcasts to pass the time at work and today I listened to one from 2008 where they were talking about the "new" Xbox dashboard and they were talking about the merit of making such a change late into the consoles life. Jeff then commented that maybe they thought by doing it Microsoft could get another five years out of the console, which was then written off by everyone as crazy talk. Anyway what I'm saying is that Jeff is the Nostradamus of video games.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cityinthesea posted:

Plantinum should make more JRPG's. Infinite Space is one of the best RPG's on the DS, and I'm sad nothing else like it has come around since :(

I only recently bought a 3ds and missed the DS completely. Infinite Space is one of the games I really want to try but the only place I seem to be able to find it is eBay and I've heard of fake DS games being sold there.

I just keep hoping a copy shows up at one of the local used game shops.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Patrick just got to Yama and decided not to bomb the spike platforms on the way up to the hands.

It ended exactly how you'd expect. He would have beaten Remo if he'd killed him too.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Oh that's heartbreaking. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man. That Daily run was heartbreaking. But good job Scoops! :smith:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
RIP duder. There is always another Daily.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
His luck had to run out at some point. He narrowly dodged a moving block as well as trapping himself with a ghost, I was just watching through my fingers by the end because i knew it'd be one of those innocuous things.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Wallrod posted:

His luck had to run out at some point. He narrowly dodged a moving block as well as trapping himself with a ghost, I was just watching through my fingers by the end because i knew it'd be one of those innocuous things.

That City of Gold run was Bed of Chaos levels of bullshit luck. I have no idea how he survived that ghost chamber he made for himself. Still a fun run, but that death seems to have really broken him.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Crowbear posted:

Patrick just got to Yama and decided not to bomb the spike platforms on the way up to the hands.

It ended exactly how you'd expect. He would have beaten Remo if he'd killed him too.

How many bombs did he have? I haven't played the game so I don't know if this is normal among most players or if it's different when you're playing it but I noticed Patrick seems to be really stingy with bombs, even if he has a dozen or so of them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haha that's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Jimbot posted:

How many bombs did he have? I haven't played the game so I don't know if this is normal among most players or if it's different when you're playing it but I noticed Patrick seems to be really stingy with bombs, even if he has a dozen or so of them.

He had quite a lot and if you arrive with a shotgun you'll get 24 more right at the start of the fight. However Patrick only got to Yama once before and didn't die to the spikes on that run.

• Locked thread