Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I turned my assassin Hlaalu characters manson into a opiumskooma den. Stole a bunch of red lanterns and placed pillows on the floor with pipes and moonsugar next to them. I think the placing pillows thing may have been a mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I always enjoyed turning Caius Cosades's house into a main quest trophy den. I'd put poo poo like Sixth House cups and bell hammers, enchanted items, books relating to the Nerevarine Prophecies, and so on in there. Shame that Bethesda lied when they said he was going to show up in Oblivion.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
i remember i would always do the same thing when i started, this was on xbox by the way, i would start up and then steal everything in the first place you are in, then i would do that dumb ring quest and sell all my stuff, i would hit up the cave right outside seyda neen to get some skooma, sell it to that cat in balmora then from there i would usually mess around until i get tired and start over again, i never got very far, i remember i was always looking for a place named vos for some quest i can't remember, and i only ever found it once, and i went in and there was some kind of door i couldn't open and after that i stopped playing forever

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
also my first game was daggerfall and magic was so stupid and broken in it that i never have played a mage in any elder scrolls game

Damp Star Baby
Jan 22, 2014

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH

FreudianSlippers posted:

I turned my assassin Hlaalu characters manson into a opiumskooma den. Stole a bunch of red lanterns and placed pillows on the floor with pipes and moonsugar next to them. I think the placing pillows thing may have been a mod.

Skooma is the weirdest drug. It's presented as a type of Opium, but it makes you run really fast if you do a lot of it?

Is there any Terrence Mckennaish lore (lol) about Skooma found anywhere in TES? I hate myself for posting this.

Damp Star Baby fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 11, 2014

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Goddamnit thread you're making me want to pick this ancient fossil back up again. What are the best and most choice ways of polishing this fossil?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I always saw Skooma as more analogous to cocaine (and, basically, crack) so it inducing hyperactivity makes sense.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Skooma is an opium analogue that is functionally more like crystal meth. edit yeah actually more like cocaine, agreed

I'm tempted to put Morrowind on my phone via android xbox emulator & Moga Power Pro gamepad but I'm worried my life will devolve into the time between loading screens

also reminder that Indiana Jones is in this game crushed under a boulder, RIP Indy

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Damp Star Baby posted:

Skooma is the weirdest drug. It's present as a type of Opium, but it makes you run really fast if you do a lot of it?

Is there any Terrence Mckennaish lore (lol) about Skooma found anywhere in TES? I hate myself for posting this.

No, but you can have the One Million Little Pieces of Morrowind instead.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Confessions_of_a_Skooma-Eater

Also, Khajiit use moon sugar to see their gods. So it's like weed to Rastafarians.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
in morrowind merchants wouldnt trade with you if you had moon sugar in your inventory but i guess that was all just a transcription error because its just candy now

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
if you didn't soul trap every named dagoth (ash vampire, priests, and ascended sleepers) and have a big rear end display of the souls of the entire sixth house then eat my poo poo

edit bonus points if you kept all the sixth house amulets with their respective souls :cool:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Gobblecoque posted:

if you didn't soul trap every named dagoth (ash vampire, priests, and ascended sleepers) and have a big rear end display of the souls of the entire sixth house then eat my poo poo

edit bonus points if you kept all the sixth house amulets with their respective souls :cool:

This plus Vivec in Azura's Star.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Also a requirement: stealing the 1000lb hammer from the museum in Mournhold and killing house invaders with it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

I once downloaded a mod for underwear just so I could use Almalexia's soul to enchant some boxers with something completely worthless (think it was Summon Scamp for 15 seconds and Restore 10 Fatigue), because gently caress her for making me do straight up evil poo poo. Fun times.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Enchant Almalexia's soul into a pair of pants for comedy option or if you're a pragmatic jerk for spell charges on a Daedric Tower Shield

THEN put Vivec's in Azura's Star with the rest of the named Dagoths and also the souls of named ghosts and poo poo because gently caress ARKAY

^^^^^^:respek: never not enchant her poo poo soul into useless enchanted undergarments

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I remember one game after I'd maxed out all my primary stats as a sneaky bastard I joined whatever vampire clan gave the best bonuses to acrobatics and whatnot, since vampirisim could raise those stats past 100. I also found am amulet on some Tribunal quest NPC with enough health regen on it to go out in the daylight. That was the playthrough where I tried to kill everyone in the game; with the ridiculous athletics/acrobatics I remember jumping on and off of the tall 2-3 story roofs in Caldera as I kited the guards around picking off loners. I killed everyone on the west coast, but burned out when I got to vivec because I mean that poo poo's just unreasonable. Too many doors

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 11, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Protagonist posted:

Goddamnit thread you're making me want to pick this ancient fossil back up again. What are the best and most choice ways of polishing this fossil?
I'm re-playing it now with Morrowind Overhaul. It seems to be the go-to and it was good enough to cover the bases for me. There's also some Telvanni mods the goons in the Games thread recommended.

Then I spent awhile (too much) downloading some individual flavor mods. There's one that lets you rotate your books. poo poo like that.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Hey I heard all installations of Morrowind just download and install TESO now, can anyone confirm?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Seems unlikely, kingcom. Just for starters, what if you installed from a pre-existing disc?

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

To mod Morrowind is heresy. It is your duty to appreciate this gem in its original format, modified only by its expansion packs and the Bethesda-released free content.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
How to begin every Morrowind game ever

- Travel the gently caress over to Caldera

- Head towards Balmora

- Aquire Boots of Blinding Speed

- Create a 100 pt magic resist for 1 sec spell

- Cast spell, put on boots forever, enjoy moving at a goddamn decent pace

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Emasculator posted:

To mod Morrowind is heresy. It is your duty to appreciate this gem in its original format, modified only by its expansion packs and the Bethesda-released free content.

False. Enlightened beings who understand CHIM know that no modification is heresy. It is, after all, just one part of the Godhead pondering the others.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Also alchemy being hilariously broken was awesome, I fortified my intelligence so high that I was able to create a fortify strength for 100000000000 points potion that would last until the heat death of universe

Pro: One shot Dagoth Ur with so much damage you bypass his auto heal
Con: You break your weapon after each hit

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

A Touch of Satan posted:

As for Morrowind, I put hundreds of hours into that game as a kid and never beat the main storyline. I eventually got close, but I was mostly exploring and enchanting pants that let me jump from rooftop to rooftop. It was great and had a really foreign and creepy vibe to it, at least to middle school me.

This is the best part about Morrowind. The quests and storyline and books are all whatever, but the awesome weirdness of the world was the most fun part.

Then they followed it up with Oblivion, the Most Generic Western Fantasy Game, and Skyrim, Generic Viking and Dragon Fantasy Game.

Fuckers.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Dr. Lenin posted:

Also alchemy being hilariously broken was awesome, I fortified my intelligence so high that I was able to create a fortify strength for 100000000000 points potion that would last until the heat death of universe

Pro: One shot Dagoth Ur with so much damage you bypass his auto heal
Con: You break your weapon after each hit

Hand to hand is the solution.

Anyone who hasn't done an unarmored / hand to hand monk run should go do that now. Completely different playstyle when you're not concerned about weapons or armor.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Emasculator posted:

THIS IS THE END OF YOU, S'WIT!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Emasculator posted:

step 1 to morrowind is passive cliff racers mod

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Emasculator posted:

Look at what you wrote.

Look at how wrong you are.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

didnt kirkbride get fired for being a big old drunk?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Blue Raider posted:

didnt kirkbride get fired for being a big old drunk?

Yup. But, to be fair being a big old drunk is a plus when you're trying to write hosed up poo poo. According to Kirkbride, he wrote the 36 Sermons, "naked in a room with a carton of cigarettes, a thermos full of coffee and bourbon, and all his summoned angels."

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cantorsdust posted:

Yup. But, to be fair being a big old drunk is a plus when you're trying to write hosed up poo poo. According to Kirkbride, he wrote the 36 Sermons, "naked in a room with a carton of cigarettes, a thermos full of coffee and bourbon, and all his summoned angels."

id love to know the creative process behind morrowind. kirkbride had to have been a pretty big part of it, but at the same time, he had to have been a wreck to get fired from a writing job.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

LEGO Genetics posted:

Look at what you wrote.

Look at how wrong you are.

Those with vision understand that Morrowind came unto our world perfect in every facet. Nothing can shake me of this conviction.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Emasculator posted:

Those with vision understand that Morrowind came unto our world perfect in every facet. Nothing can shake me of this conviction.

morrowind is indeed the best it will ever get

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Chum Scandal posted:

agreed, how am i supposed to really get into roleplaying as the protagonist without installing a naked tranny mod first?
The nice thing about mods in Skyrim is that they fix the nine thousand broken things in the game that Bethesea never bothered to fix. On the other hand, the third-most recommended mod at Skyrim Nexus is something called "Calientes Beautiful Bodies". Also the Killable Children mod because not being able to molest or decapitate ten-year-olds just like the adults RUINS MY IMMERSION!!!

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whz-LQlbI-U

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 11, 2014

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Also the Killable Children mod because not being able to molest or decapitate ten-year-olds just like the adults RUINS MY IMMERSION!!!

Like you never wanted to murder the mick and ralph's crier in new vegas

we've got stuff we aren't even allowed to sell, people! :happyelf:

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
The best quest in the game was the one you get from the legion officer where he tells you a "little story" about how the good policeman wants to make everyone happy but needs the "bad people" to go away first, and it basically translated to busting into a bar and murdering everyone inside then hoofing it back to the legion castle before the guards imprison you forever.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Kellsterik posted:

Don't care if this has been posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ

i don't think so, CHIM

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Every memory i have of morrowind at this point is some variation of shitcanning Fargoth after getting off the boat.

Im pretty sure i left him alive once just to come back and murderhobo his rear end as collateral.

Burn Seyda Neen to the ground. Id say burn Balmora, but the loving place is made of dried mud.

Also gently caress making the only way to get enough cash to afford the baller enchants selling my poo poo to a loving mudcrab or sucking a scamps dick.

Also... is it me, or was the whole reason you meant poo poo at all in that game was cause you got cured of zombie aids?

gently caress Fargoth. Give HIM corprus.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Talkc posted:

Also... is it me, or was the whole reason you meant poo poo at all in that game was cause you got cured of zombie aids?

you spent most of the game proving you were the nerevarine, who was supposed to be the first to be cured of zombie aids

so yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
you know what would be nice? the same thing for skyrim. motherfuckers, i eat dragons and save empires, and you fight over a loving tooth crown? :ssj:

• Locked thread