Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He's a wrestler and his twitter got hacked...

by his four year old daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Ryan Reeves
‏@Ryback22
When I reach 1 million followers I will publicly do my first sit down Twitterview with myself The Big Guy. It will be very controversial!

I don't know what a Twitterview is but I know that I need it in my life.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Kifisonfire posted:

Ryan Reeves
‏@Ryback22
When I reach 1 million followers I will publicly do my first sit down Twitterview with myself The Big Guy. It will be very controversial!

for anyone else wondering like I was, Ryback is currently on 904K followers. and he's only got four tweets now, so I guess he's still deleting them pretty regularly. other than the wone Kifisonfire just posted, the other three are his amazing recent videos.

i should start following The Big Guy. roll on Twitterview.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Please get Ryback to 1 million followers.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

keevo posted:

Please get Ryback to 1 million followers.

Damnit Ryback, why can't you be this Ryback on TV!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Big Guy Muay Thai. That's so perfect.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kifisonfire posted:

Ryan Reeves
‏@Ryback22

Portmanteau of Twitter and Interview

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It is a shame that Big E and Ryback haven't been able to carry the personality they've shown on twitter to the actual standard programming.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nobody outside the main event gets mic time. Like, the Shield is as midcard as it gets when it comes to consistent promo allowances

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Nobody outside the main event gets mic time. Like, the Shield is as midcard as it gets when it comes to consistent promo allowances
Wrestlers that aren't in the main event are lucky to have a structured feud. Even though there's more than twice the time on TV than there was at the height of the Attitude era, even if there's a bigger roster too, there's still maybe 3 on-going feuds at any given time where-as during the Attitude era, everyone was given a feud, a reason for fighting, a gimmick. What's Kofi Kingston's gimmick? When's the last time he mattered? WWE will only stick to their top 5 guys in the company and everyone else there is just filler between promos, packages, segments, and main events for those guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People would understand how bad the Bad News Barrett gimmick is if you stuck Ryback on a scissor lift to read his tweets, possibly with a megaphone. A big one.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Ryback has a steady career of making lists at buzzfeed ahead of him if he keeps making tweets this good.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Late Night Dave is something else.

@DaveMeltzerWON posted:

Oh my god, white belt Nagata almost submitted a Gracie with the rolling your eyeballs into your skull armlock.

The Gracies won this one.but never fear, Iizuka & Yano are issuing a challenge to see if they can have the worst tag match of the yr on PPV

Okay, Tanahashi and Nakamura are out for a tag match. I think this is like watching Ready 2 Rumble before Slumdog Millionaire

How many of you wondered today if Jessica Eye had read Hogan's two autobiographies?

What's worse? Yujiro high on the card with no hot women, or them turning off the sound when Stan Hansen comes to Tokyo Dome?

How's this for a thought. Do you think 25 yrs from now a bunch of girl fighters will argue on which one gets to be Bray Wyatt?

Okay, which sounded more ridiculous, JBL saying Orton was one of the greatest of all-time, or saying Bonnar is a UFC Hall of Famer

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Regarding NJPW's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il85E-ms-44

@davemeltzerWON posted:

I kid you not, Okada has a sword the size of Tully Blanchard and he's managed by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I guess if I saw Shibata managing my opponent, I'd do the same thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

njsykora posted:

Late Night Dave is something else.

He's also having a good ol' time at the moment cracking jokes at HHH's expense:

Meltzer: Wait a minute when you follow a match like that, aren't you supposed to not be able to get the crowd into it.Or is that only for HHH bouts.
Meltzer: Just kidding, HHH really is an all-time great.
WrestlingFan: HHH is an all time great. One of the best storytellers and in-ring technicians.
Meltzer: He's absolutely great at knowing when to do what. Except if he's facing Bill Goldberg.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Meltzer: Wait a minute when you follow a match like that, aren't you supposed to not be able to get the crowd into it.Or is that only for HHH bouts.
Meltzer: Just kidding, HHH really is an all-time great.
WrestlingFan: HHH is an all time great. One of the best storytellers and in-ring technicians.
Meltzer: He's absolutely great at knowing when to do what. Except if he's facing Bill Goldberg.

Or Scott Steiner. Egads, those are some bad matches.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I really think that match was a genius effort to make Steiner look as bad as possible. It just plays so well to everything he obviously *couldn't* do.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

I really think that match was a genius effort to make Steiner look as bad as possible. It just plays so well to everything he obviously *couldn't* do.

Most people seem to think it's HHH vastly overestimating his ability to carry a guy....it also helps to remember that Scott had a nasty foot injury.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

This one won't exactly endear him to the WWE either:

Some guy: like you would know you think japan is the best at everything in the world

Dave: No,they have the best steaks, best trains, best women wrestlers and if Orton was on at 3 AM I'd have long since fallen asleep

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Best steaks is a stretch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

njsykora posted:

Best steaks is a stretch.

I'm almost positive he was thinking of Kobe beef.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I originally read that as "best streaks", I guess because that is kind of wrestling related? At least more than steaks are. I was wondering what great japanese streaks he was talking about. Like, win streaks? Steaks is much less confusing but also much less exciting somehow.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It was about Ribera Steak House guys.

And in a really loving weird turn of events, WWE.com has an article about it here featuring Colt Cabana (As Colt Cabana) in the year 2013.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
WWE.com has the most leeway of any WWE writers. They described Big Show's Colossal Clutch as "Breaking an opponent's back and making them humble."

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
They did a nice long feature on ROH too, which was really cool. For those who haven't read it yet:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/the-ring-of-honor-influence-26179913

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Is Joey Styles still in charge of the website?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DeathChicken posted:

You can bitch about HHH for a lot of things, but that match at the Rumble was not his fault. Steiner was hobbled and gassed.

I die of laughter at the pre-match recap video, though. Triple H being bested in posedowns and pushup contests, and seeing him cower at the sight of Steiner's biceps is amazingly bad and hilarious.

(If you have any doubts about Steiner being physically unready for that match, remember that the weeks of buildup to their match didn't have Steiner wrestle at all.)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

You'd almost think booking the match to go a half hour was a bad idea.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

Is Joey Styles still in charge of the website?

as far as I know, yes.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Huh. That's true. Why not have them go home earlier instead of going for a failed ref bump?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just think of how much more Angle/Benoit we could have gotten if HHH/Steiner was only a 10-minute match.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I didn't have access to Spike TV at the time, so Steiner's WWE run is such a weird blur to me. I recall "give me a loving mic", the HHH matches, some weird angle where he had to become Test's "bitch," and that's it. Was he just too roided-up for even pre-wellness WWE to do much with?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Minidust posted:

I didn't have access to Spike TV at the time, so Steiner's WWE run is such a weird blur to me. I recall "give me a loving mic", the HHH matches, some weird angle where he had to become Test's "bitch," and that's it. Was he just too roided-up for even pre-wellness WWE to do much with?

Steiner was great after the Triple H feud. We got an amazing debate regarding the Iraq War between himself and Chris Nowinski where I think he said something along the lines of "Well, you can suck my dick" as a debate response. Then he moved into a storyline with Test & Stacy Keibler that started in June and went through October. Highlights included Test doing jumping jacks to mock Steiner, Steiner botching a clothesline from the apron to start a ppv match, and it ended with Steiner & Test becoming heel best friends that treat Stacy like crap. Steiner's time wrapped up with an appearance on the Bischoff team for Survivor Series against Team Austin and a brief appearance in the 2004 Royal Rumble. This was all after initially appearing as a face that wanted Stephanie to have sex with him to sign on Smackdown.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

But he's Ric Flair Triple H! He can have a 4 star match with a broom! (To be fair, there was a time when he really could, but 2003 was not it.)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Havoc904 posted:

This was all after initially appearing as a face that wanted Stephanie to have sex with him to sign on Smackdown.

"You broke your promises! You didn't scream boom shakalaka! You didn't howl at the moon!"

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

You can bitch about HHH for a lot of things, but that match at the Rumble was not his fault. Steiner was hobbled and gassed.

I die of laughter at the pre-match recap video, though. Triple H being bested in posedowns and pushup contests, and seeing him cower at the sight of Steiner's biceps is amazingly bad and hilarious.

(If you have any doubts about Steiner being physically unready for that match, remember that the weeks of buildup to their match didn't have Steiner wrestle at all.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c38oJWt0Y24

The whole thing was ridiculous.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

See, this thread now made me remember that HHH/Steiner feud. That's terrible and mean. Triple H should lose legacy points just for that.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Colt Cabana posted:

PROS & CONS of being a TV Wrestler.
PRO: You make a buttload of money.
CON: You have the shittiest tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Havoc904 posted:

This was all after initially appearing as a face that wanted Stephanie to have sex with him to sign on Smackdown.

I want to stress this, because it's very, very important. This is how the storyline went, literally without any exaggeration on my part:

- Steiner's "price" for being signed to Smackdown was that he would get to have sex with Stephanie
- Stephanie happily agreed to whore herself out to get Steiner on Smackdown
- Steiner then declared that he wanted to have sex with her in the ring on live television RIGHT NOW
- Stephanie blanched at the idea but assured Steiner she would be happy to sell her body to him in private in order to sign him to Smackdown
- Steiner, offended that Stephanie wasn't down with being hosed in front of a crowd of 15000 people and 4-5 million viewers in America (and tens of millions worldwide), decided to go to Raw instead
- Steiner was a Face