Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Also, Dog Comix.

Bindle. It's called a bindle.

Good for you, Past Tony Carillo! Men should be able to wear dresses without having some ulterior sex motives because dresses are pretty and comfortable!

Ballard Street

Current Tony Ballardstreet makes the mistake of thinking we live in an enlightened society where he will not be considered at best a lesser man and at worst an insane pervert because he dared to abase himself with things meant for a woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

:bravo:

Ema Nymton posted:

Why would that guy on TV say that?

Do news shows not have editorial segments anymore? Surely on cable...

RandomFerret posted:

Good for you, Past Tony Carillo! Men should be able to wear dresses without having some ulterior sex motives because dresses are pretty and comfortable!

And sentient beings are delicious, but just try getting the anti-Holbrook crusaders in this thread to admit it. :reject:

Jim's Journal started showing up on Saturdays at the beginning of the year, then stopped two weeks ago, then apparently started again this past weekend. Since I have a hard enough time sticking to one posting schedule without it changing arbitrarily like that, expect an extra strip on Mondays (or their nearest equivalent :v:).

I hate people who do this.

I love people who do this.

Cats are pretty neat. :3:

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future reminds you to just say NO! to bath salts because context leads me to believe they are probably bad for you in some way or another. :shrug:

"Months"? Is prey really that scarce down there, or is it just attracted to the irresistible scent of protagonists?

"Attention, all personnel! Incoming wounded!"

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Bitchtits McGee posted:

"Attention, all personnel! Incoming wounded!"

It'll be interesting to see how they pull off personnel transfer at a depth of over 30,000 feet. Go Dan! Thanks for the fix Bitchtits!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
April 8 & 9, 1918

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Lio: Who are you now, Cybil?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

That Mass Joust seems ludicrously dangerous.

What fun!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Arlo and Janis

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Eww.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Get flowers and a card -- one that you actually spend some time thinking about, not just the first one you grab off the rack. Maybe candy if you think she'd like it. And stop being such a loving drama queen, it's not attractive.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Where Charles Addams left off, Gahan Wilson took the wheel, immediately stashed it under his coat and ran away laughing like a motherfucker. He has yet to reveal its location to anyone still living (except possibly Kory Merritt).

When did you first become aware of this imagined "plot to get you", Mr. Potter?

I know for drat sure that I own at least two books of Wilson comics, but they must be hidden along with Chas' old wheel because I can't find the bastards anywhere. So I'm just going to be grabbing these where and as I can find them. Expect image size and/or quality to vary wildly. Missing captions will be recreated below the comic in italics. Nothing is sacred. I think I won!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Where Charles Addams left off, Gahan Wilson took the wheel, immediately stashed it under his coat and ran away laughing like a motherfucker. He has yet to reveal its location to anyone still living (except possibly Kory Merritt).

When did you first become aware of this imagined "plot to get you", Mr. Potter?

I know for drat sure that I own at least two books of Wilson comics, but they must be hidden along with Chas' old wheel because I can't find the bastards anywhere. So I'm just going to be grabbing these where and as I can find them. Expect image size and/or quality to vary wildly. Missing captions will be recreated below the comic in italics. Nothing is sacred. I think I won!

For what its worth, Gahan Wilson did have a newspaper strip. It was called Gahan Wilson Sunday Comics (yeah, imaginative title, right?). Fantagraphics released the complete collection last September.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Modesty rocking the Catwoman look there. Is this Mardi Gras going to end with a blast?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Huh. So I guess this is still going on this week.

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

I guess I'm supposed to be focusing on MJ's bra, but for some reason when I look at today's strip all I can think about is blowjobs.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
A plot about Crystal secretly being married to Tiffany would be infinitely better than what we have now.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones Funnies ("A Mad Look at Farm Life," Mad #308, January 1992)

Don Martin Dept. (Mad #195, December 1977)
Technically a double dose of Sergio today. This strip was written by Sergio, with Don Martin doing the art.

It's interesting that, even with Martin's artwork, you can still tell that Sergio had a hand in this.

Thorn/50% More Absorbent Comix Crossover Extravaganza (March 2, 1984)

Lucky Cow (May 6-8, 2004)

There you go, folks. Claire can be the biggest gently caress up in the world, and she still won't get fired.

Also, remember back when cell phones with personalized ring tones was a new thing?

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 11, 2014

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Retail

If there's one thing that's valued at Grumbel's department store #4743 it's definitely professionalism.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Tink: the dog that's everyone's friend but only sometimes, when it's convenient.

Dustin

Better discourage Dustin from every physical activity ever. Sign up for a gym? Start lifting weights? Go skydiving? Develop an interest in snowboarding? Expect some snarky burn if you dare tell your family about it.

On the Fastrack

Meet proprietary vendor hardware

Safe Havens

I'll bet mermaids are into really kinky stuff.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mister Beeg posted:

Lucky Cow (May 6-8, 2004)

Was this just a coincidence?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Did anyone else ever play Gahan Wilson's The Ultimate Haunted House as a kid? I played that game once at a friend's house and loved it so much I insisted on getting a copy, and was terribly annoyed when I got another Haunted House game instead. Never opened- I had to get my Gahan Wilson fix, even though I had no idea who Gahan Wilson was. For some reason his name was plastered all over the darn thing.

Comics (January 26th 2007)

I don't know, these all seem like good ideas to me. Except the Maidtrix. That's a terrible idea.

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

All I can in the last panel is Travis Touchdown.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

The comic weighs in on a vital social issue that's been of key interest to this thread as of late.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Aardmania posted:

"He did understand my 'Where do you keep the knob polish?' ditty."

So much better than the actual joke.

tiistai posted:

It's not like I make those comics myself, but thanks. :v:

Well yeah, but you do translate two of the best strips in the thread.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Mister Beeg posted:

Thorn/50% More Absorbent Comix Crossover Extravaganza (March 2, 1984)

Jeff Smith is so good at rendering hands :allears:. I must find him and devour his soul to gain that hand-drawing ability. That's how it works, right?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

"Of course, we stopped having to move once Dad quit blowing the rent money at the horse track."

9 Chickweed Lane

I guess this proves that Bill O'Malley has never managed to send a coded message to the underground.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

hahaha, I love the Mom's expression. :)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Better discourage Dustin from every physical activity ever. Sign up for a gym? Start lifting weights? Go skydiving? Develop an interest in snowboarding? Expect some snarky burn if you dare tell your family about it.
You know, Dustin's sarcastic bitch of a sister is going to be in for a surprise when she graduates and finds there aren't any jobs for her.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Alright, that is it. I am going to have to email the Phantom's writers about this storyline. How can they justify the 9th Phantom as not a thief and a criminal?
And while I am at it, tell them to drop Walker and focus on Savarna.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

Did anyone else ever play Gahan Wilson's The Ultimate Haunted House as a kid? I played that game once at a friend's house and loved it so much I insisted on getting a copy, and was terribly annoyed when I got another Haunted House game instead. Never opened- I had to get my Gahan Wilson fix, even though I had no idea who Gahan Wilson was. For some reason his name was plastered all over the darn thing.

I had that game and it was really bizarre. It says a lot about a guy when the game he designed allows the player to give a bomb to a little kid and make him explode. You aren't kidding when you say his name was plastered all over it, either. His name is on the cover, the title screen, some of his comics were in the game, he might have done the art, and two characters are named Gahan Wilson (as a side note, they look and sound exactly the same).

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

This is peak Piranhna Club. Shoveling pigshit for several days worth of strips.
This strip makes me wish death on an old man but i keep reading.:smith:

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Millions of Crows posted:

This is peak Piranhna Club. Shoveling pigshit for several days worth of strips.
This strip makes me wish death on an old man but i keep reading.:smith:

I'm also pretty sure he's done this storyline before.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Every time I see Foob run one of these innocent "oh, those husbands, always so uncaring and and distractable! :downs:" strips, I cringe a little inside and wonder how Lynn looked back on them a few decades later. :smithicide:

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 11, 2014

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Holy shiiiiit ghosts

This pun works so poorly that it somehow makes the comic funnier

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

And my wife is going to hear a new pun when we go to the store.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I guess this proves that Bill O'Malley has never managed to send a coded message to the underground.

By the end of the week she's going to follow up with a knock-knock joke and put a bullet through his head, isn't she?

Skippy (November 23, 1926)

Peanuts, in which the challenger whips out a desperation move. (February 14, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Nick the Geek once put a man in the hospital over a Topps chase card. The doctors later said that because of where Nick stuck that Boba Fett, it would no longer be considered near mint, even if he did manage to keep it in the box. You can read all about it in this Time-Life book...

Popeye

They really, really want to kill that kid. In a horrifying way. COMEDY!

Rip Haywire

As a last-ditch gambit, TNT turns himself into Keane painting.

Pogo (February 14, 1967)

Out Our Way (June 4-5, 1924)

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

I'll bet mermaids are into really kinky stuff.

What? No, seriously, what the gently caress just happened here? BAM! Merfolk Elders out of nowhere!

And seriously, Holbrook, that trapeze is really starting to bug me. Really.

Maybe it was a perched aquifer, Ruthie. Maybe the lower aquifer "down the hill" is brackish and undrinkable and they had to sink the well "up the hill" to tap the fresh water in the perched aquifer.. Did you think of that? DID YOU THINK OF THAT!!!???

Oh, sorry.. :v:

Jane's World

Ok, let's see you get out of this one, Jane.

Non Sequitur

:ughh:

Heavenly Nostrils

Of course Unicorn snot would be glitter! :v:

Kliban's Cats

Sochi Cattes! :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/11/2003

Go inspect his bed with a blacklight, Edda. You'll most likely find a semen stain that spells out your name.

Zits

Aw, c'mon. Aircooled veedubs are really not that expensive to maintain.

Kevin & Kell

:ughh:

Nemi

Ew. :v:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Ugh, I've shaken hands with that guy, I know it. Truly repulsive!

Cul-de-sac brings you portents of doom!

The Creeps invites you to find the hidden portents of doom!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (June 4-5, 1924)

I'm honestly starting to hate this comic. It's full of obnoxious arseholes and recycles jokes more than Garfield does. I liked it for a while, but it really didn't take long to wear out its welcome. Rather like Liō or Scary Gary, it's funny enough when you haven't seen much of it, but it just never really moves beyond its basic premise and just keeps reusing the same things over and over.

Speaking of arseholes...

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
What a colossal poo poo move.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Please don't.

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tristram looks like Bizarro Valiant, right down to the evil stache.

• Locked thread