Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

OneOverZero posted:

2005 Suzuki SV650, YC2 blue, 17,600mi, salvage title from ~2010 - $2300 OBO or some TW200 action in the fine city of Asheville, NC! I've owned it since 2011 with the intent to prep it for VIR or Road Atlanta, but got into ChumpCar instead. Bike has seen some real talk though everything works as it should with cosmetic damage (see below). Kept indoors and performed all regular & preventative maintenance with or ahead of schedule. Has new Continental ContiMotion ZR tires (not yet mounted, carcass date code May 2013) and fresh Galfer brake pads (green compound from what I remember). Both master cylinders are recently rebuilt with OEM components and front brake lines are new parallel Spieglers with an extra 2.0". Chain (DID O-ring 520) and sprockets (15/47t, IIRC) have ~500mi. Exhaust is a stainless M4 header with CF can so it sounds spectacular but at twice the volume I'd like.
Bars are Renthal tall street 7/8” with new ProGrip dirt grips and OEM mirrors. I have the OEM passenger pillon seat in addition to the factory color-matched pillon delete panel. Battery is a fresh Bikemaster gel-cell. Also available are still-boxed Delkevic repro radiator and OEM fan that I bought for some reason, along with the PO's LED turn signals if you want to remove the OEM license plate bracket/fender that I painstakingly tracked down.

Bodywork bears some cosmetic damage from a spill last spring (rash and small dent on left side of tank, rear plastics, passenger grab handle, abrasion on steel muffler strap - see photo), and the right fork seal has recently developed a minor weep. Great opportunity to re-valve & -spring the fork if that’s your game. Seat has developed some small tears in recent weeks.

That said, it’s mechanically sound and has been a thrilling, rock-solid partner for nearly three years of all-seasons commuting and mountain riding. Were I a non-6'4" and more robust human being, I'd keep the SV and ride it to Alaska and back. In summer. Not now. I'd like some space in the garage for a Tiger 800, Sprint 1050, or Bandit 1250, so price is negotiable if you promise not to point and laugh at my sobbing as you pull away.

Immediately post-spill to show cosmetic damage - grip, mirror, rearset, lever/cable, etc have since been replaced.

As it sits currently.
Ugh I want that. I wish I could justify picking up a second bike. Niceeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Raven457 posted:

Can I get a price on pads front/rear for a 2006 Honda ST1300. Part numbers - if I remember correctly - are EBC FA261HH (front) and EBC FA261/2HH (rear)

Also, out of sheer curiosity, a price on Firstgear HT Air Overpands.

my email is my username @gmail

Hey man, from my computer I'm getting that the bike uses FA261HH for front and back. I'd be able to do them both for $45.00 shipped (both for $45.00, not each).

Also I can order the pants as well. $180.00 shipped just need the size. Let me know if you're interested and I will email you.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Toymachine posted:

Hey man, from my computer I'm getting that the bike uses FA261HH for front and back. I'd be able to do them both for $45.00 shipped (both for $45.00, not each).

Also I can order the pants as well. $180.00 shipped just need the size. Let me know if you're interested and I will email you.

Only 2 sets? Two front calipers and one rear.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

DefaultPeanut posted:

Only 2 sets? Two front calipers and one rear.

Didn't know it had two front Calipers. $65.00 for 3.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Toymachine posted:

Didn't know it had two front Calipers. $65.00 for 3.

Yeah, twin front disk. 65 is a great price, I'll take a set. The FA261/2 is supposed to be a newer sku, slightly thicker than the FA261 for use on the rear.

I am going to hold on the pants for now - the price is good, I just need to pay off a few things first.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Raven457 posted:

Yeah, twin front disk. 65 is a great price, I'll take a set. The FA261/2 is supposed to be a newer sku, slightly thicker than the FA261 for use on the rear.

I am going to hold on the pants for now - the price is good, I just need to pay off a few things first.

I just sent you an email about the order.

Letting you fellas know I have GoPro Hero3+ Black Editions for sale for $300.00. They retail at $399.99.

Toymachine fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 9, 2014

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.
So I'm moving to Russia and selling my bike:

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447373

Help a goon out!

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
sold

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 20, 2014

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
Got my brake pads in the mail, just as expected :) Thanks Toymachine, for a good deal.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
1973 Honda CB500
$1900 OBO
Clean Title
22174 miles
Current registration

The good:
Fires right up, runs nicely, e-start and kickstart works, all lights work (minus the rear blinkers because the front ones are missing so the relay doesn't trigger), carbs just cleaned, oil changed recently. Newish battery, electric ignition, fresh plugs, new air filter, new carb to airbox boots. Seat in great shape, tires are ~3 years old by the date code and still in good shape. Front brake pads still good. Stock and unmolested, with nearly all of the stock parts. Comes with a new chain and set of sprockets, plus the repair manual. Suspension rebounds nicely.

The bad:
Cosmetics aren't great. Missing the front blinkers. There's some cam chain rattle (stuck CCT is pretty common on these bikes). Exhaust has some holes in it. Gauges are pretty sun faded, and one side has burned out lights. Title was lost but I have a signed and notarized Reg 227 (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr32.htm) from the current owner, who's a friend who moved to NY, so you can register it same as a title. I also just snapped the tripometer reset knob trying to bend it back straight, doh - would need to disassemble the gauges to fix it. Also, worthwhile to fix the fuel lines - one of them is a little stretched and should probably be replaced. Centerstand arm is bent, making the centerstand useless. Could be bent back with some heat and a vise, probably. Top of the headlight is pretty sun faded and a bit cracked.

You could put a few hundred bucks, some elbow grease, and some paint into this bike and have a really, really nice vintage bike to ride around - that was my plan, but I've got a project in my mind that I can't get out.

Only interested in trades for CRF450Xs, might consider a CRF450R. Willing to put cash in on top if your bike is nice.

I think I've covered everything here, but if there's something I've missed, I'll knock 25 bucks off the price for each thing I didn't cover when you come, check the bike out, and point it out.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I'm selling my 2001 Honda Elite 80 in San Diego, CA. - needs some work. $300 to a goon. Here's my ad:

-------------------

2001 Honda Elite 80 (CH80), asking $400. I have the title, and registration is current but coming due at the end of March.

----------------------------------
The good:
- Battery is less than a year old
- Both tires are good. Rear has less than 100 miles on it.
- The seat cover was removed and replaced, it's in great condition.
- I'm throwing in a helmet (Men's large or XL maybe.) if you want it.
- It will get around 75 miles per gallon.
- It gets up to about 40 miles per hour with me on it, and I weigh about 225. Downhill about 45-47mph.
- It has under 8,000 miles on it.
- Everything works - lights, signals, horn, etc.
- Brakes are great with brand new pads on the rear and year old pads on the front.

The plastic is not great, but it stays in place on the road. One of the side covers broke in the front corner and there are bumper stickers over a lot of the body.

What's wrong with it:
It recently developed an oil leak and I stopped riding it for 3 months. Last month I took off the right crank case cover and fixed the oil leak (The gasket had split) and drove it 15 miles to work the next morning. It got me to work fine and then after work wouldn't start. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm positive that it's something to do with my repair. Something to do with the flywheel or the stator/starter.

Backstory:
I picked this scooter up as a project. It was not running when I got it due to low compression, so I took the motor apart and replaced the piston rings and all of the gaskets that were removed to get in to it. The exhaust/muffler was also repaired. I had a local welder reinforce the piping and close up all of the little cracks and holes he could find. The carburetor was cleaned and it has only had 91 octane since I've been riding it. I drove it with no problems for about 2,000 miles.

I'm hoping somebody that likes tinkering will pick this up and have some fun with it. I have the factory service manual, as well as a flywheel puller that I will include. Also a spare air filter and a few other misc. items.

Call me, text me, e-mail me - I'm happy to answer any questions.

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 24, 2014

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Location? You say to call or text you, but there's no phone number either :)

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

Location? You say to call or text you, but there's no phone number either :)

Sorry, it's in the craigslist ad.

I'm in San Diego, CA.

mattmcallaster(at)hotmail.com or the phone # on CL

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I need parts for a '98 Intruder 800. Does anyone have parts to get rid of -or- have recommendations for places to find solid used parts? Am I stuck with ebay and craigslist?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Derp, I am looking for the right front foot rest, and the clutch cover.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Sold the Ninja

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Voltage fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 7, 2014

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

These two motorcycles are up for adoption to loving homes. One is blue and white and sounds like an angry chainsaw. It has been to Alaska and is ready for more adventures. The other is yellow and sounds like a tractor. It is from East Germany and will reliably chase down its capitalist brethren. Become an angel and save these helpless creatures from the hands of incompetent dudebros on Craigslist.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

MotoMind posted:

These two motorcycles are up for adoption to loving homes. One is blue and white and sounds like an angry chainsaw. It has been to Alaska and is ready for more adventures. The other is yellow and sounds like a tractor. It is from East Germany and will reliably chase down its capitalist brethren. Become an angel and save these helpless creatures from the hands of incompetent dudebros on Craigslist.

Are they a bonded pair? How do they do with other machinery? Have their rear fenders been chopped?

Jose Pointero
Feb 16, 2004

We're not just doing this for money. We're doing it for a SHITLOAD of money!

Jose Pointero fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 28, 2019

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I shipped a bike from Texas to CA for $400.

The WR had its tail docked but they are not a bonded pair. They have very different personalities and needs and play very well with other machinery. My BMW Xmoto and Aprilia Futura love them.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Also known to play nicely with Brammos, KTMs, Hondas, Suzukis, Triumphs.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Hey motofriends! Buy this riding suit!

It's a Teiz Lombard, size 4XL, in super high viz yellow. 4XL is sized for someone 5'10" - 6'3", with a 48-50 chest and 44 or smaller waist. This suit has a few hundred miles on it, but is in overall good condition, I decided to go with some nicer touring gear instead.

PM me or shoot me an email: chris@agocs.org.

e. Oh, right. Price. $300 + shipping from Chicago.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Anyone interested in a Two Brothers carbon fibre slip on for a 2008 - 2011 Honda CBR1000? I have had it around my shop for a bit and was maybe going to use it, but meh. The end has some scrapes from being down, but still looks decent. As far as I can tell, it has a "P" insert in it. $100 takes it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Picture and (rough) dimensions?

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
I have a set of these in last year's model:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-tech-road-gore-tex-gloves

A* Tech Road Gore-tex gloves

They are size small and are too small even for my comically tiny hands. I typically wear a small in Dainese, which is why I ordered this size thinking they would fit. I've worn them about two dozen times and they are nice, protective, goretex gauntlets, except just small enough to be uncomfortable every time I use them. I would say these will fit a female rider's hands pretty well.

I'll let them go for $75 shipped OBO. If you want pictures of the actual glove let me know!

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010

MotoMind posted:

Do you have PMs? I'd love to know more as well.

especially about the WR :getin:

BaKESAL3 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 9, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Toymachine posted:

$55.00. I'd have to special order it from Vortex and these take a bit longer (5-7 days) than the usual next day orders I receive.

Okay, I need to order this and a spare footpeg. How can I get in contact with you?

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

BaKESAL3 posted:

Do you have PMs? I'd love to know more as well.

especially about the WR :getin:

Pm sent.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Curious about the WR as well... guessing you are probably not anywhere near Chicago though :(

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I bought a pair of these exact gloves in XL and they're just too tight. http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6957

I've worn them 2 times (total of 20 minutes) and decided they wouldn't stretch enough to fit me right. My loss your gain. These are still in perfect condition and I'll ship them to you with all the tags and in the same packaging. They're sold out of the next size up and they will only give me store credit if I send them back, I would rather have cash. drat long fingers.

170 shipped. I posted a pick in the gear thread. Please contact me via gmail (same username as here) as I don't have PM's.

I also have a pair of alpinestars leather riding pants I traded for here that don't fit me as well if anyone's interested I'll take some picks. (not overpants, they have velcro for knee sliders)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

07 GSX-R 600
~13000 miles
Lien sale paperwork from David Raff
$3200 OBO - Would potentially be interested in trading for a CRF450X or R model, or some kind of interesting project/track bike.

Suspension:
Front: Racetech 25mm cartridge kit
Rear: KFG reworked rear shock - 550 pound rear spring.

Brakes:
EBC rotors
Galfer White pads
Galfer superbike lines

Plastics/protection:
Armor body plastics
case savers

Ergonomic:
Vortex Rearsets
Woodcraft clipons
quick turn throttle tube

Maintenance:
Oil changed
brakes flushed

Currently running Pirelli diablo supercorsa slicks with 2 trackdays on them. Engine is strong, stayed with my friend's fresh R6 like they were glued together down the front straight of THill.

Comes with assorted spares, like sprockets, rearset pieces, and couple of other odds and ends.

I did some of the normal maintenance work on it, changed to the Racetech fork kit, cleaned it up, took it to a few trackdays, and decided I wanted out of i-4 600s as I'm not going racing. Could potentially be interested in parting bits out if you wanted to make it worth my time.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If you start parting that thing I'd be interested in the rear shock, forks, and bodywork :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

You have stock stuff to trade on the forks and shocks? We could do a little exchange :)

Z3n fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 17, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I do, indeed. Stock 06 750 forks with ~1k on the fluid/seals and stock 06 rear shock. I see yours has 750 forks on it now. :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Yeah - send me an e-mail or PM or whatever if you want to arrange some kind of trade deal :)

Big Nose
Apr 4, 2004

The cultural revolution has found its end in Arkansas
I have a pair of factory clipons from a 07 Suzuki SV1000S $35 shipped. Also the top triple clamp from the same bike.$45 shipped. Both are in good, used, un-wrecked condition; I switched to straight bars and a new top a long time ago and these have been kicking around the garage awhile. I would also consider a trade for a pair of well used, cosmetically challenged MX Boots that perhaps still have a little crash left in them. size 10.5/11/11.5.

edit: 46mm fork tube dia. is the operative number.

Big Nose fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 23, 2014

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Stopped riding a while ago and still have this Joe Rocket jacket hanging around.

For the life of me I can't remember what model it is, it's at least 3 years old.

Has soft armor in the usual spots, elbows/back.

Size is Large.

No idea what it's worth anymore, someone wanna throw me an offer, just want it outta my house.

I live in Florida and it was a great all year jacket for around here, plenty of vents to keep cool in the summer and you can add an inner liner(I don't have it) if you wanted to.

Questions/comments/paypal -> mattfl @ gmail.com

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I'm selling my 2005 625SMC with about 14.4k miles.

Edit: sold

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 8, 2014

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Sold the biek.

ArbitraryTA fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Does anyone in the US have a pair of Medium-ish mesh pants for a ~5'4" woman they're looking to get rid of? My GF hates the way my spare pair hang off her (and I'm not crazy about how scuffed up the bottoms are getting from her essentially walking on top of them). Not looking for anything fancy, I'm moving away in 6 months.