Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

So we should be expecting Story mode DLC for M, F and T in the next few months... What's everyone hoping for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis
I had no idea that when you replay story mode missions MFT are all wearing whatever costume you've dressed them up in:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also, is it possible to buy the LS Kings jersey seen in one of the trailers?

I tried to find that like a mad man. I think it may have been cut. Closest thing I found was a cap and hoodie. :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Was it a pre-release trailer? Kings might have been too close to the Sacramento / L.A. Kings.

ExplodingSquid posted:

So we should be expecting Story mode DLC for M, F and T in the next few months... What's everyone hoping for?

CJ to return and clean the Grove up from the Ballas.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

So somehow I managed to save after the first Maude cutscene but before she sends me my first bounty e-mail. I've gone much further in the story since then and still haven't received anything. I've even gone to the quarry to try to jumpstart the first one, but no one is there.

Is there any other way to get these bounty missions going or is it too late for me?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you complete Flight School do all your characters get parachutes or only the one who finishes the course?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
I think parachutes unlock for everyone after a particular mission (one of Trevor's main story flight-related missions.) On my recent replay I never did flight school and everyone can use chutes just fine.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Some of the unlocks are so arbitrary. I get why they didn't want you to have the rocket launcher too early, but nightsticks? And the stun gun unlocks after Trevor's first side-mission with those minutemen assholes, but the first time you could conceivably use a parachute, during his second bounty, still doesn't actually let you buy or find them. That doesn't happen until you're 2/3 of the way through the game, for some reason.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You can still find parachutes. I found one very early on at the top of the gondola.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Yeah you can still pick them up laying around, but until you do that mission you won't get one automatically for hopping into any place or chopper.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Philip J Fry posted:

I think parachutes unlock for everyone after a particular mission (one of Trevor's main story flight-related missions.) On my recent replay I never did flight school and everyone can use chutes just fine.

It's the mission where you fly the crop duster into the cargo plane. I just did it and the parachute appears to be equipped by default.

zero democracy posted:

I had no idea that when you replay story mode missions MFT are all wearing whatever costume you've dressed them up in:

The CHiPs fan in me loved the CHP-style uniform and the motorcycle chase mission. I wish they still had the police side missions like in GTA:SA.

CharlesM posted:

Was it a pre-release trailer? Kings might have been too close to the Sacramento / L.A. Kings.

CJ to return and clean the Grove up from the Ballas.

I think it was. There's still LS Kings gear which can be purchased, but the logo is tiny, maybe to avoid any infringement.

I loved that despite an almost entirely new map, Grove Street appeared to be copy/pasted and updated from SA. I was hoping for a CJ cameo.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Grove St is as much of a landmark as the Hollywood Sign and Venice Beach, there's no way they could have left it out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I loved that despite an almost entirely new map, Grove Street appeared to be copy/pasted and updated from SA. I was hoping for a CJ cameo.

Doesn't really count but at certain times in the day dudes in clothes similiar to CJ and crew ride BMX's in that area a lot like one of the early cutscenes in SA.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

Grove St is as much of a landmark as the Hollywood Sign and Venice Beach, there's no way they could have left it out.

I wish they included that Uzi hidden under the just behind CJ's house. I found it by accidentally hopping my bike at the wrong time in the very first mission ten minutes into the game. I get nostalgic just thinking about it :allears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wolfsheim posted:

I wish they included that Uzi hidden under the just behind CJ's house. I found it by accidentally hopping my bike at the wrong time in the very first mission ten minutes into the game. I get nostalgic just thinking about it :allears:

The best was the armor hidden under the bridge behind Sweets house. That saved me so much in the early part of the game with the SMG.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Will the new story mission DLC be free or paid?

Pleads posted:

Oh good lord. I beached a dinghy to get near a parachute spot but the boat slid like 50 feet across the beach and ended up hitting a dog and pinning it under the boat :(

I was just about to Old Yeller it with a silenced shottie when it popped up and ran off.

Sorry, little doggie.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's bothered by hitting virtual animals with vehicles. In one of the S&F missions in Sandy Shores, I may or may not have hit a dog (literally don't know because it was close) and let out an audible "gently caress!".

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Will the new story mission DLC be free or paid?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's bothered by hitting virtual animals with vehicles. In one of the S&F missions in Sandy Shores, I may or may not have hit a dog (literally don't know because it was close) and let out an audible "gently caress!".

Paid for sure. There's no way they're going to put out free content while GTA:O is underperforming financially. They're several million dollars short of their projected sales of GTA dollars so they're probably going to double down on people who are more interesting in the single player.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bobtista posted:

Paid for sure. There's no way they're going to put out free content while GTA:O is underperforming financially. They're several million dollars short of their projected sales of GTA dollars so they're probably going to double down on people who are more interesting in the single player.

I keep wanting to start Online, but haven't for three reasons:
1) I'm deep into story mode and enjoying it.
2) Lack of time as is.
3) No Cops 'n Crooks.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

2) Lack of time as is.
3) No Cops 'n Crooks.
On the other hand, playing story mode means you won't have little kids screaming in your ear.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Bobtista posted:

Without having the numbers on cost and profit and sales I would instead put my people on making our next game instead of DLC or Free Content. I would have a few people make DLC Weapon Packs like Call of Duty but honestly more money would be made from getting GTA VI or GTA: Please Be Vice City out and sold than they would get from promoting Online.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeah, I could never get into online. The world seems much more stripped down and lifeless in comparison, and the few missions I played were tedious at best. For some reason the GTA format doesn't seem to lend itself that well to an MMO, and even just deciding to go on a rampage in the story mode is much more satisfying, honestly.

The only thing I wish carried over from Online is the quality of life stuff, like being able to choose whatever car you want as your main, have someone deliver it, etc. Granted, these are things that have been around in SR for like three games now, so eh.

Would pay good money for some story DLC

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
All story mode needs is the vehicle storage, insurance, and delivery from Online and I'd be happy. Hell, throw in the random job thing as well just for something extra to do.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I posted semi-sarcastically about hoping for a mission where you could kill Jimmy.

I've found the therapy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKV5D2xuqDE

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Not really sure how to progress the game at this point. Trevor's starting to set up for his dock heist, but the only "mission" I have right now (not counting Strangers & Freaks) is a Lester assassination for Franklin. I already completed the first assassination (with the pharmaceutical company dude coming out of the hotel) & I thought I could leave the rest until I had a ton of money to take advantage of stock price swings with. Do I have to complete another one before I can move on?

Edit: whoops nevermind, missed a text from Wade telling me to find a submarine!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So my roomie got 100% on this game and I wanted to get/make her a 100% shirt exactly like the one in the game.

I can't find any good images online. This is the best I've found:

This doesn't clean up well enough to throw on a shirt.

Would this be in the game art assets? We are on Xbox but I am sure I have a friend who has this on PC.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

2) Lack of time as is.
3) No Cops 'n Crooks.

GTA: Online achieves the feat of being an epic downgrade from everything that made the SA:MP and the car-only version of Multiplayer San Andreas fun.

Not only was it bugged and hacked to hell, but its just a complete failure of fun. It has about zero redeeming qualities.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
GTA 4 has more fun mp. It had to be said.

Rockstar was basically trying to make an mmo and they failed spectacularly.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Araganzar posted:

So my roomie got 100% on this game and I wanted to get/make her a 100% shirt exactly like the one in the game.

I can't find any good images online. This is the best I've found:

This doesn't clean up well enough to throw on a shirt.

Would this be in the game art assets? We are on Xbox but I am sure I have a friend who has this on PC.

GTA V hasn't been released on PC yet. The GTAforums people have had success extracting textures and models out regardless from the Xbox or PS3 versions so maybe you can go and research there on how to extract or just ask someone to extract it for your cause.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Air Julio posted:

I could listen to the Chakra Attack guy read a phonebook and be entertained.

That's JB Smoove. You should check out the last few seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm if you like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5w02NvSyI

E: also, him and Tracy Morgan did an amazing commentary for the pilot of Game of Thrones. Definitely worth tracking down.

Arms_Akimbo fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 11, 2014

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Tommy guns at the ready, there's an update out on Valentines Day with more free gear.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Are there any good offline hacks/money making glitches, strategies etc?

I've beaten the game and wanna be able to enjoy everything.

Edit: Never mind, should have googled. Actually, are there any fun ones not posted on the regular cheat sites? I've neglected offline mode for a while. Now that my hacked online character got wiped, I might as well go back to offline. The only benefit to online is having cars delivered to your character.

cname fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 11, 2014

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm curious if the rumored DLC is supposed to be a continuation of the Michael/Franklin/Trevor adventures, or if it will be similar to TLaD and TBoGT where it's a side-character that interacted with the main 3 but had his own thing going on at the same time.

If they go the side-character route I'm trying to think of anyone introduced in the main story that could conceivably carry their own DLC. Lamar doesn't seem to accomplish much when Franklin's not around. (Random event spoiler) Packie maybe, but they'd have to retcon a bit if you're like me and sold him to the Altruists. Chef or Eddie Toh could work, since they seem to be portrayed as capable criminals and there's not much else known about them.

Personally I'd like to see Karen/Michelle from the IAA as the first female protagonist. She's shown to be in LS during the game and there's potentially a lot they could do with the FIB plotline and any other assorted terrorist stuff. Plus maybe she'll know what happened to Niko!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Hobo Clown posted:

Personally I'd like to see Karen/Michelle from the IAA as the first female protagonist. She's shown to be in LS during the game and there's potentially a lot they could do with the FIB plotline and any other assorted terrorist stuff. Plus maybe she'll know what happened to Niko!

Did I miss some crucial dialogue, how does she know Niko?

I would like to see another side story like BoGT or TLaD, but at this point I just want my loving cellphone to work as intended. I've emailed R* a dozen times with various ways to do this bug and each time entirely different from the last.

I don't like bug testing games I pay for and I am not being paid to work on. Pretty lovely business practice, especially since I know the excuse will be "waiting for xbox cert" since it cost a loving fortune to publish TU on that system.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Rockstar already confirmed it's the same trio.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Scyron posted:

She was the girl Niko dated near the very beginning of GTAIV who turns out to be an undercover agent for United Liberty Paper. She has a really quick cameo in GTAV.

Mokinokaro posted:

Rockstar already confirmed it's the same trio.

That's cool then. (End spoilers) Curious how that will play out for anyone who decides to kill someone off at the end of the main story.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Scyron posted:

She is Niko's girlfriend Michelle in GTA IV.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Scyron posted:

It's the same Karen that was Niko's first girlfriend in GTAIV :ssh:

I'm kinda glad that they're sticking with the main cast, though. Some of the stuff in TLAD and TBOGT was so lazy and half-hearted; no buying clothes for either and not even different options for Johnny, no way to just buy ammo for the new DLC weapons at the normal gun stores without overriding the gun itself, Luis's incredibly lazy and boring safe house, etc. This way you'll still have access to everything you unlocked in the main game.

Now if they'd just fix that goddamn loading bug from the newest patch :argh:

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I just want GTA 5: Undead Nightmare. :(

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

Officer Farva posted:

That would be awesome on so many levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Officer Farva posted:

How about a Charlton Heston style I am Legend (Omega Man) situation? Except maybe more vampires and less albino-mutants or whatever it was.

• Locked thread