Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

sector_corrector posted:

twin peaks becoming popular again is cool

thanks netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

mods make this my av and namechage to IM SCOTT STORCH IRL please

Scott Storch Recalls Disappointing Fat Joe With Subpar Records

Solidus
Nov 1, 2005

ε===(っ≧ω≦)っ♡

don't sign your posts - jim around age 10

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

stealing this for my vaporwave project

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

we're all stealing it for our vaporwave projects

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

guiltlessly snatching it for my abandonwave project

SonnyVasquez
Oct 17, 2012

El riesgo siempre vive!
Snatching this for my poetry reading class next Wednesday and my self-improvement PUA+Eckhart Tolle Transmogrification seminar next Tuesday and incorporating my diary entries about this into a new crowd-sourced noise album I've been meaning to work on for a while now.

Judge me #haters.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
stealing this for my tiesto app

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05Wmrqhqjs

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

the best website

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

SonnyVasquez posted:

Snatching this for my poetry reading class next Wednesday and my self-improvement PUA+Eckhart Tolle Transmogrification seminar next Tuesday and incorporating my diary entries about this into a new crowd-sourced noise album I've been meaning to work on for a while now.

Judge me #haters.

:swoon:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

thats a lot of words tosay before you fall into the good mud

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

did that documentary ever come out

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teenage Fansub posted:

did that documentary ever come out

i think it did some festivals and was universally reviled, but i might be wrong

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

looks like the last news was from a year ago where they did some test screenings which caused them to restructure and remove all the flood stuff and lose their festival ambitions :)

Postby ulillillia » Jan 18, 2013 10:12:51 PM
I've offered the film makers some advise, taking clues from common documentaries and shows I watch (The Universe, Ancient Aliens, Mythbusters, A Haunting, and so on). Now, whether or not they will use any of this, I'm left to an unreliable random number generator to determine.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 12, 2014

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
thematically, it wouldnt make sense for the uli documentary to ever come out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

just looked at his youtube for the first time since the living with his sister/dog situation and hes got a cleaning job and posting a video bowling with some buds
it warms the heart

YO MAMA HEAD
Sep 11, 2007

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol, hahahaha, ah hah, :smith:

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

that owns

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

looks like the last news was from a year ago where they did some test screenings which caused them to restructure and remove all the flood stuff and lose their festival ambitions :)

the flood stuff was the most compelling part of the concept? otherwise it's just, like, a film about a facebook account

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
i love uli but a film that's just about, like, him having an unreleasable pet project sounds unfilmable and uneditable and probably unwatchable tbh

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
lmao good wrong posts

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
fwiw it would also be redundant because of his youtube account

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

JohnnyC posted:

i love uli but a film that's just about, like, him having an unreleasable pet project sounds unfilmable and uneditable and probably unwatchable tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcq-TZdDSlo

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

i think hes totally interesting enough to make a good doco about but maybe not from these dudes

maybe if they kept shooting through 2013 with him moving out and getting a job it'd have an arc

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 12, 2014

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
he's a nice guy who deserves good things in life and to be appreciated and understood

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

my fav uli vid is when he goes on vaycay to that renfaire in minnesota. Better than any documentary.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu0bpgPA-eQ

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72WhEqeS6AQ

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

Teenage Fansub posted:

i think hes totally interesting enough to make a good doco about but maybe not from these dudes

maybe if they kept shooting through 2013 with him moving out and getting a job it'd have an arc

yeah, the problem was that they are first time doc makers, i think they were too eager to find a hook, and when the flood came, they thought it was their hook

i'm really disappointed with how they dropped the ball, uli is by no means an unfilmable subject, and someone competent could have had a chance rather than these jokers

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Two Worlds posted:

yeah, the problem was that they are first time doc makers, i think they were too eager to find a hook, and when the flood came, they thought it was their hook

i'm really disappointed with how they dropped the ball, uli is by no means an unfilmable subject, and someone competent could have had a chance rather than these jokers

when are the MDE idiots going to get that KingCobra doc done?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdV7dTboSuQ

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

stay depressed posted:

lmao good wrong posts

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQFioSG45Lk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Todd Forklift
Dec 19, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Postby ulillillia » Jan 18, 2013 10:12:51 PM
I've offered the film makers some advise, taking clues from common documentaries and shows I watch (The Universe, Ancient Aliens, Mythbusters, A Haunting, and so on). Now, whether or not they will use any of this, I'm left to an unreliable random number generator to determine.

lmfao

• Locked thread