Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's by the same guy who made Deus Ex Machina, right? I really didn't like that one much - I feel bad, a lot of work went into it and it's technically an impressive effort, but it had the same problem of terrible layouts and nonsensical and aimless quests/directions. Also it used Homestuck music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I just reinstalled Morrowind. I started to play it a couple of years ago but just didn't have the time to give it proper attention and never got the mods working correctly on my old Vista machine. A few questions:

• Thanks for keeping the OP updated! I assume all the recommendations for Win7 apply to 8? Or is 8 an uncharted wasteland of new bugs?

• I quit Morrowind the first time because it is so awesomely vast and nuanced and I have a wife, kids, a busy job, and then a deployment came up. I am ashamed to ask this, but my life is what it is. Are there any guides for speeding things along? I absolutely love exploring vast worlds in RPGs (I played Ultima 7 for a year before doing anything past Britain in the main quest), but I just don't have the time to grind up skills or maintain some vast log of quest directions. Again, I adored this forced attention to detail in the past and love to play RPGs repeatedly to take every possible quest line and route, but I just can't do it anymore. I know there are walkthroughs for the latter issue, but I'd like to minimize their use. I'd prefer something that uses quest markers and improved journals, as sad as that it.

• Related to this, does Morrowind have the usual curve for magic users (horrid begginings with huge payoffs) and will it take more investment that I can likely give? Am I better off with a warrior/mage hybrid if I'm going for efficiency to some degree?

• I also own Oblivion and Skyrim but have held off playing them until I get through Morrowind. Knowing this, are there advantages to a) going the Morroblivion route and b) trying to maintain some continuity of character? I have avoided all plot spoilers of all games for years. I was considering making a Skyrim native for Morrowind and carrying him through all 3 games. Will this be satisfying in any degree or are these games so disparate in story/time/etc. that diversity will be more fun?

tl;dr: My goal is to maximize story content including fun side quests and little out-of-the-way locations while minimizing tedium and time. Any tips to make this happen are welcome!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Derek Dominoe posted:

[*] I quit Morrowind the first time because it is so awesomely vast and nuanced and I have a wife, kids, a busy job, and then a deployment came up. I am ashamed to ask this, but my life is what it is. Are there any guides for speeding things along? I absolutely love exploring vast worlds in RPGs (I played Ultima 7 for a year before doing anything past Britain in the main quest), but I just don't have the time to grind up skills or maintain some vast log of quest directions. Again, I adored this forced attention to detail in the past and love to play RPGs repeatedly to take every possible quest line and route, but I just can't do it anymore. I know there are walkthroughs for the latter issue, but I'd like to minimize their use. I'd prefer something that uses quest markers and improved journals, as sad as that it.

[*]Related to this, does Morrowind have the usual curve for magic users (horrid begginings with huge payoffs) and will it take more investment that I can likely give? Am I better off with a warrior/mage hybrid if I'm going for efficiency to some degree?

Magic is massively overpowered, in fact. Start as a Breton with destruction as a major skill and you will never fail to cast fire bite unless you're at like zero stamina, and even then you'll probably still be fine. Slowly acquire more powerful spells, and eventually you can make your own that can one-shot anyone in the game. I feel that straight mage, with medium armor as a major skill, is a great character for beginners. Just be careful as your HP pool will be pretty tiny.

As for skills, the best thing to do is find trainers. Get some loot, bribe the trainer until they are at 100 disposition and buy training. It feels kinda cheap, but if you're looking for a speedy way to skill up, it's the quickest in the game.

ALSO: start with luck as a favored attribute and put a point into it every level up. It won't matter much early on, but by mid game you'll be finding a lot of awesome as poo poo loot by doing this.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

smokyprogg posted:

Just out of curiosity, what would cause this? I have no experience with modding besides doing quick fixes like this. I just checked with TESame, and it changed a bunch of Werewolf settings and stuff like that? What on earth would have caused that?

Tribunal and Bloodmoon both added new game settings (the GMST records). These GMST records have default values in the editor, which do not correspond to what is used in the game.

Morrowind.esm contains the actual values for all the original GMSTs, Tribunal.esm contains the actual values for all the new-to-Tribunal GMSTs, and likewise Bloodmoon.esm contains the actual values for all the newto-Bloodmoon GMSTs. Okay so far?

When loading stuff, the editor keeps track of where it loaded them from. Stuff that hasn't been loaded from anywhere is deemed to be new. For example, create a new type of sword, and it'll know it has to save it in the esp you're working on because this sword wasn't loaded from Morrowind.esm or anything else. When you modify something, it'll also mark them as modified. Anything that is marked as new or modified will be saved. Seems reasonable enough, doesn't it?

So when it loads Morrowind.esm, it loads the GMST values from it, and it notes "those were loaded from Morrowind.esm". If you don't modify them, it will also note "also, they haven't been modified". (Or rather, it will not note "also, they have been modified.") But it knows there are more GMSTs out there. Things dealing with fabricant summons and werewolves and companion share and stuff. It even has values for them (default values) but since you did not load Tribunal.esm and Bloodmoon.esm, it hasn't loaded them from anywhere! So it concludes, in its little program-logic, "holy gently caress, they must be brand new! I better save them".

The problem is threefold:
1. It makes the file bigger. (Not much of a problem in our era of terabyte hard drives.)
2. It makes the file override deliberate changes from mods. (Also not much of a problem in most cases, since not everyone even use such mods.)
3. The default values are broken -- not the values that should actually be used in-game. (This is a problem.)

There are solutions, of course.
1. Always load Tribunal.esm and Bloodmoon.esm. This way, the GMST records will be read and the TESCS will know that they aren't new values out of nowhere. Problem, you add useless dependencies, and also loading the TESCS up takes a bit more time.
2. Keep an old copy of the vanilla-without-expansions TESCS around, and use it to edit Morrowind.esm-only files. Problem, this is just silly.
3. Just keep deleting the unclean GMSTs with TESAME all the time. Problem, it's very boring.
4. Be sneaky! Load up the TESCS with just Morrowind.esm loaded. Don't change anything. Change. Save it as aaaa.esp or something. From then on, always load aaaa.esp in addition to Morrowind.esm, but do not make it the active file. The TESCS will read the expansion pack's GMSTs from it and will therefore know they have an origin, so they aren't new. It will not write them to the active file. This is the solution I recommend because it's simple and the one which causes the smallest amount of inconvenience.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Cannot Find Server posted:

ALSO: start with luck as a favored attribute and put a point into it every level up. It won't matter much early on, but by mid game you'll be finding a lot of awesome as poo poo loot by doing this.

Uhh, no it doesn't.

Edit: To expand, loot in Morrowind is either hand-placed, or scaled to level.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Gobblecoque posted:

Uhh, no it doesn't.

Lucks main effects are giving small stat boosts isnt it? Increased odds of speechcraft rolls being successful and the like.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

Uhh, no it doesn't.

I dunno man, way back when I played this I increased my luck a whole bunch and I was always swimming in awesome poo poo (mostly more grand soul gems than I could ever hope to use) whereas my stepdad's character of similar experience (but without the boosted luck stat) seemed to mostly find your standard loot.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Upmarket Mango posted:

I dunno man, way back when I played this I increased my luck a whole bunch and I was always swimming in awesome poo poo (mostly more grand soul gems than I could ever hope to use) whereas my stepdad's character of similar experience (but without the boosted luck stat) seemed to mostly find your standard loot.

I never touched the Luck stat and I'm always tripping over grand soul gems, exclusive potions, and enchanted items in crates and chests at higher levels. I've never seen claims that loot is affected by luck that are actually supported except by statements of "really guys, it totally is I swear".

Enter Char posted:

Lucks main effects are giving small stat boosts isnt it? Increased odds of speechcraft rolls being successful and the like.

Yeah, this is what Luck is all about. It's significant in enchanting since it helps out the success of enchantment.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Am I crazy or is the Character part of BTB actually pretty good? I haven't seen any awful changes in it and it actually has some pretty good ones. Maybe that is my altmer bias coming through because they got majorly buffed.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Derek Dominoe posted:

I also own Oblivion and Skyrim but have held off playing them until I get through Morrowind. Knowing this, are there advantages to a) going the Morroblivion route and b) trying to maintain some continuity of character? I have avoided all plot spoilers of all games for years. I was considering making a Skyrim native for Morrowind and carrying him through all 3 games. Will this be satisfying in any degree or are these games so disparate in story/time/etc. that diversity will be more fun?
I would play the game under its original engine, at least for a first run through it. Morrowind's world just doesn't really fit the more action-y mechanics of Oblivion/Skyrim, and the dialogue systems from the newer games were designed with VA in mind, so Morrowind's wall-of-text conversations are always a bit awkward and weird and make it difficult to really get into the game's writing. Also you'll be depriving yourself of Morrowind's unique nostalgic charm (read: infuriatingly dated combat mechanics, hilarious and amazing bugs/exploits). If you've got PC copies of all three games, though, you might as well tool around with Morroblivion and Skywind after getting to grips with "proper" Morrowind and see if they appeal at all.

You could do the single-character-roleplay thing, and it does sound fun, but a few things worth thinking about (warning: :spergin: lore :spergin:):

- While Morrowind and Oblivion are set less than a decade apart, Skyrim is set 200 years after the events of Oblivion
- Elder Scrolls protagonists are always "canon" in that they're all referenced in subsequent games and acknowledged as being different individuals, and specific parts of their in-game deeds (usually the outcome of the main quest) are established as historical fact within the setting. Townsfolk in Oblivion chat about what the Morrowind protagonist has been up to since their adventure, and in Skyrim (minor spoiler for a sidequest) you get to meet the player character from Oblivion, but you won't even notice if you haven't been paying attention
- The circumstances of the background/capabilities of the Morrowind and Skyrim protagonists are strictly defined and they are Very Special Unique People compared to everyone else alive in the world during their lifetimes

On the flipside: the convoluted bullshit cosmology of the games' setting actually encourages players and modders to approach them from an "it's ~canon~ if you want to be" angle, so if you think of it that way there's no reason you can't play through every game with the notion that your one character across them all is an immortal amnesiac shapeshifter who keeps alternating between fulfilling prophecies and getting thrown in jail.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I liked BTB's birthsign and spells overhauls. I really don't like most of his stuff though because his design philosophy is to make Morrowind as tedious as possible.

The stuff above actually balances and adds to the game so they're good.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Derek Dominoe posted:

tl;dr: My goal is to maximize story content including fun side quests and little out-of-the-way locations while minimizing tedium and time. Any tips to make this happen are welcome!

Breton mage or redguard warrior. If you have a computer to run it, get the MGSO graphics thing and make Morrowind look 2014 pretty. Morroblivion is insanely "eh" and you miss out on a lot of why Morrowind was a great game in it's own right.

Unfortunately Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are not very conducive to the "only do these quests for fun" experience. That isn't to say that they're all good, but they're not all bad either. I'd say to get a full Morrowind experience you would have to join and max rank a house (telvanni, hlaalu, or redoran), a guild (fighter's, mage's, thief's), a religion (temple or imperial cult), and the main quest (Imperial legion is also fun). Both expansions as well, neither introduces significant factions to join (EEC sucks) and are fairly linear paths to the end with interesting things to see.

So yeah, I'd say pick some of those factions to join and advance in those. If you get sidetracked and end up plundering tombs and stealing priceless artifacts, then that's a good thing.

But don't get your hopes up Oblivion is going to be a huge step forward.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

cheesetriangles posted:

Am I crazy or is the Character part of BTB actually pretty good? I haven't seen any awful changes in it and it actually has some pretty good ones. Maybe that is my altmer bias coming through because they got majorly buffed.

You're not crazy.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Mortimer posted:

I'd say to get a full Morrowind experience you would have to join and max rank a house (telvanni, hlaalu, or redoran), a guild (fighter's, mage's, thief's), a religion (temple or imperial cult), and the main quest (Imperial legion is also fun). Both expansions as well, neither introduces significant factions to join (EEC sucks) and are fairly linear paths to the end with interesting things to see.

You forgot 'read EVERY SINGLE BOOK YOU FIND'. THAT's the true Morrowind experience :colbert:

Reminder that on the 14th, MK (TES lore writer, most notably on the weirder bits like the Sermons) will be releasing C0DA, which promises to 'explain everything'. I wish I could say more about it but nobody knows what it is yet and I haven't been following reddit's teslore, which is the main source of information about it - should be interesting though!! Apparently it is going to have explain what happened to the Dwemer, but knowing MK, probably in such a way that it will take video game nerds several years and a few theology degrees to decipher.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

You forgot 'read EVERY SINGLE BOOK YOU FIND'. THAT's the true Morrowind experience :colbert:

That's a good point, then you get the added fun of realizing the next two games copy/pasted the books from morrowind!

Also MK is a weird guy, I read one of the prerelease coda things he had up that made no sense and was like teletubbies for TES lore nerds (flashing colors and really vague language)

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

Yeah, this is what Luck is all about. It's significant in enchanting since it helps out the success of enchantment.

And casting spells, apparently.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
As good as Morroblivion and Skywind probably are, there's something you're missing out on if you play one of those, the number one selling point that has kept Morrowind alive for 13 years: the mods. Mods can change virtually anything you want. Hell, it's getting to the point where the community is building a new engine just so that we can mod things that were previously untouchable.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Luck plays a small (1/11th, if I recall correctly) impact to anything which requires a skill roll. Randomized loot does not check any skills. Hence, Luck plays no part in it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sky Shadowing posted:

As good as Morroblivion and Skywind probably are, there's something you're missing out on if you play one of those, the number one selling point that has kept Morrowind alive for 13 years: the mods. Mods can change virtually anything you want. Hell, it's getting to the point where the community is building a new engine just so that we can mod things that were previously untouchable.

TR is a big argument in favor of playing morrowind instead of Skywind or Morroblivion. The latter is neat to play, and is pretty much bug free, but it doesn't play nice with a lot of oblivion mods and obviously morrowind mods don't work. Skywind will probably be really great because the sky rim mod community is incredibly productive. But in the end it still won't (anytime soon at least) have TR.

If Skywind ever got TR that'd make this pretty tricky. OpenMW has a ton of promise but we may be on TES7 by the time it's done.

I really can't wait for that updated engine for daggerfall to come out though :allears:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

OpenMW has a ton of promise but we may be on TES7 by the time it's done.

It's going to release 1.0 this year. It's already like 80% finished.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Yeah, OpenMW is developing really quickly and is already nearly playable.

(I'm so excited)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Seriously? I thought they were at like 0.23 alpha or something. If that's the case I take what I say back. Morrowinds biggest limitations currently is the creaky engine, once openMW comes out it'll mean a lot in terms of performance. I imagine moving up from only being single core will help a lot.

Textures, meshes, shaders etc are all pretty great by this point. Would openmw open up the possibility to actually have good looking animation/skeletons?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Seriously? I thought they were at like 0.23 alpha or something. If that's the case I take what I say back. Morrowinds biggest limitations currently is the creaky engine, once openMW comes out it'll mean a lot in terms of performance. I imagine moving up from only being single core will help a lot.

Textures, meshes, shaders etc are all pretty great by this point. Would openmw open up the possibility to actually have good looking animation/skeletons?

OpenMW opens up the possibility for anything. Anyone willing to code has an open source engine to do whatever they want. You could recode morrowind's combat, skeletons, animations, whatever. They're even trying to have support for Skyrim .nif files after launch, so anything the Skywind team makes could be ported to OpenMW.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah, for example, the mouse wheel is actually useful and you can zoom in/out from your character. The renderer, too. I would really love to see existing Morrowind mods supported on OpenMW (through use of a converter) but honestly I don't know much about that. I just watch all the update videos.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Do chests ever respawn? I have been working on being a thief and am wondering if all the robbing I do now is going to deny me stuff to rob later. Finding chests in the mages guild full of dozens of potions pays pretty well by the way.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ynglaur posted:

Luck plays a small (1/11th, if I recall correctly) impact to anything which requires a skill roll. Randomized loot does not check any skills. Hence, Luck plays no part in it.

Really? Welp.

It is still a good attribute for mages so I still recommend it if you're playing as one.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
So I looked through the thread and I want to repeat a question that already got asked:

Is there a way to get distant rendering and grass on Tamriel Rebuilt with MGSO?
[I thought there was, but I ended up tweaking one too many settings on MGSO (without finding the settings I wanted to change) and I rendered about 160 hours worth of saved-game data absolutely useless.]

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

cheesetriangles posted:

Do chests ever respawn? I have been working on being a thief and am wondering if all the robbing I do now is going to deny me stuff to rob later. Finding chests in the mages guild full of dozens of potions pays pretty well by the way.

Some containers respawn, but I am fairly sure that most of those are just set to spawn in clutter and whatnot. But that robbing you're doing now is fine, it's a huge world and you aren't gonna run out of poo poo to steal any time soon.

On that note, if you take a home for yourself, you should check that none of the containers you put your poo poo in respawn. I found this out the hard way back when I first played on the Xbox and lost over 500k gold worth of Daedric poo poo.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

HoboNews posted:

So I looked through the thread and I want to repeat a question that already got asked:

Is there a way to get distant rendering and grass on Tamriel Rebuilt with MGSO?
[I thought there was, but I ended up tweaking one too many settings on MGSO (without finding the settings I wanted to change) and I rendered about 160 hours worth of saved-game data absolutely useless.]
First off: MGEXE doesn't affect savegames or mod order, anything you changed in those options wouldn't have invalidated your game. If you went through the MGSO (the installer itself) options that's the complete wrong way to do it.

Now your solution:
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41626/
^First get that
Then run MGEXE. Select the mods you want distant land to render PLUS GRASS ESPs. Run that utility, then go into wrye mash or whatever other mod thing MGSO loads and DESELECT GRASS ESP's. Do not run the game with them on. Their only purpose is to put grass there for MGEXE.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Mortimer posted:

First off: MGEXE doesn't affect savegames or mod order, anything you changed in those options wouldn't have invalidated your game. If you went through the MGSO (the installer itself) options that's the complete wrong way to do it.

Now your solution:
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41626/
^First get that
Then run MGEXE. Select the mods you want distant land to render PLUS GRASS ESPs. Run that utility, then go into wrye mash or whatever other mod thing MGSO loads and DESELECT GRASS ESP's. Do not run the game with them on. Their only purpose is to put grass there for MGEXE.

Thanks for this; yeah, I'm not very adept when it comes to working with mods. Time to write this down...

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Right now all I'm running on is a low-power ultrabook, but I've got the Morrowind itch again and I'd like to do another revision of my Morrowind mods collection. I'm taking a more spartan approach this time, and I won't be including things like LGNPC and the Indy Bank. I've found a very cool smaller compass arrow and I'm leaving the archive and mod names untouched so that mlox works on them straight out of the box.

Maybe, ideally, this can be a starting modpack for people who'd like to experience Morrowind through OpenMW, with some graphical, balance, and usability tweaks.

I'll release something when I'm happy with how it all works together. Gonna play the game a little bit too. :)

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I've noticed a correlation between ESO betas and this thread blowing up. That said I uninstalled ESO and have finally resolved my latest round of conflicts, any TR pros have any tips for getting started on the new landmass? What's the best city to sort of base myself in at first? Or should I just wander around and do whatever? Also is there a good map of where the cities/fast travel routes are? It feels weird to be playing MW and not knowing the basic city layout after all these years.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I have delved into the depths of Morrowind after a brief stint on ESO. I'd only played Skyrim previously, and momentarily experimented with Oblivion but was pretty much repulsed by its gameplay and the weakness of my computer for modding.

However even MSGO makes the FPS slow to 6-12 frames whilst outside. I'm wondering if that's Distant Lands doing that or what...

I also want to know what the deal is with the bard class because I would love a game where I can play a jerkass bard sauntering across the countryside that doesn't end with Tale. But I seem to not be getting how to play to the bard's strengths. I mean he has little if any. I'm nor charming the pants off anyone. I can at least hold my own against the fauna of the starting area and the few dark elf scallywags I've disposed of. The bard doesn't even sneak. And as usual I have no instruments to play.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt
^A great TR resource, maps, quests, everything (up through the first 2 maps, at least). Personally I'm a fan of Akamora because I wrote some quests there :shobon:

Distant land is the biggest hit. Try reducing draw distance, then try disabling high quality fog. I'm assuming you're running on a modern computer so the shaders won't be the issue, but sometimes things like SSAO can cause a huge hit. Try disabling that last.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Oh wow I am completely blown away by the quest I just did the thieves guild. Ended up walking away with daedric legs, ebony chest, 10k drakes stone cold cash, a bunch of glass weapons, a ring of chameleon and some other goods. This was by far my biggest pay off all game. God it feels good to be a thief.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Cannot Find Server posted:

Some containers respawn, but I am fairly sure that most of those are just set to spawn in clutter and whatnot. But that robbing you're doing now is fine, it's a huge world and you aren't gonna run out of poo poo to steal any time soon.

On that note, if you take a home for yourself, you should check that none of the containers you put your poo poo in respawn. I found this out the hard way back when I first played on the Xbox and lost over 500k gold worth of Daedric poo poo.

Everyone wants an open world until they're the one who gets robbed. :colbert:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well that is that. Kinda disappointed that the Skeleton Key has limited uses but my security skill is high enough to open any lock with just an apprentice pick anyway so it is kinda a moot point. Need to figure out who to rob now. Thinking about maybe raiding some treasuries. Kinda sad that there was never any big caper.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

does Tamriel Rebuilt have more than a handful of somewhat-buggy Telvanni and some decent low-level other quests yet? I think I last played it two, two and a half years ago. Holy poo poo, that was my last big Morrowind playthrough. I love what TR have done with the world, but I've always been a quest-oriented player, so I've never delved into it for more than a brief (and very rewarding) hike.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

TR has almost a whole factions worth of Telvanni TR quests, maybe under half that for fighters guild, half of that for thieves guild and mages About the same. Partly the guilds won't be done until all of the mainland is complete, and Telvanni is the only house with all its land done. I think the other house featured so far is Indoril but I don't even know if they can be joined yet? Dres may have a small town or two also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I also want to know what the deal is with the bard class because I would love a game where I can play a jerkass bard sauntering across the countryside that doesn't end with Tale. But I seem to not be getting how to play to the bard's strengths. I mean he has little if any. I'm nor charming the pants off anyone. I can at least hold my own against the fauna of the starting area and the few dark elf scallywags I've disposed of. The bard doesn't even sneak. And as usual I have no instruments to play.

Classes in the Elder Scrolls series are just a preset collection of favored attributes and skills. There's not anything unique about the classes. Most everyone just creates their own custom class.