Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
These poor sad bastards like dalereed are so excited to be placed in the "landed" class, as if immediately after making land ownership mandatory for voting, the same people in power wouldn't tie voting shares to the size of one's land holdings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

I don't know it looks like a surprisingly accurate representation of the priorities of the HRC :v:

More like GL............b............................................................................................................................t

Radish posted:

Spoken like a true Dogocrat.

Please. I'm a Meowist Purr'd Worldist.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
The racism in creep is so obvious at this point that it even fun to point out anymore. Is it even possible to post on a forum like this and still believe you aren't one of "the real racists?"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Morkyz posted:

The racism in creep is so obvious at this point that it even fun to point out anymore. Is it even possible to post on a forum like this and still believe you aren't one of "the real racists?"

You know how from time to time I post that Orwell quote about the Crimestop element of Doublethink?

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

Plexiwatt posted:

These poor sad bastards like dalereed are so excited to be placed in the "landed" class, as if immediately after making land ownership mandatory for voting, the same people in power wouldn't tie voting shares to the size of one's land holdings.

What is even more likely, is that they would give your land-votes to the bank that actually owns them until such time as you pay off your mortgage.

quote:

My Dogs Get Obamacare...

This morning I went to sign my dogs up for Obamacare. At first the lady refused saying "Dogs are not eligible for Obamacare."

I explained to her that my dogs are Democrats, of mixed race, lazy, unemployed, can't speak English, and they have no clue as to who their daddy's are... Also, they expect me to feed them and provide them with housing and medical care.

So she looked in her policy book to see what it takes to qualify for Obamacare.

My dogs get their first Obamacare check-ups next Monday.

Oh, I suppose he just goes to the Obamacare to sign up. Then, they get Obamacare checkups at his local Obamacare provider, I guess.

I'm also sure that saying that litany of racist bullshit got him what he wanted, and didn't at all get him kicked out of the Obamacare store.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ColdSnickersBar posted:

What is even more likely, is that they would give your land-votes to the bank that actually owns them until such time as you pay off your mortgage.

Oh, I suppose he just goes to the Obamacare to sign up. Then, they get Obamacare checkups at his local Obamacare provider, I guess.

I'm also sure that saying that litany of racist bullshit got him what he wanted, and didn't at all get him kicked out of the Obamacare store.

Somebody was so lazy they literally did a find and replace on welfare to Obamacare.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

quote:

what the hell is mullet-festooned, the only mullet I kno of are stinking brackish water fish that my father dynamited for chicken feed in 1915.

16 posted on 02/10/2014 3:48:41 AM PST by dalereed

:allears: I retire from dalereed parody forever.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

Somebody was so lazy they literally did a find and replace on welfare to Obamacare.

Welfare check-ups?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Welfare check-ups?

checks.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

legoman727 posted:

Oh good, they're RINOing Paul Ryan now. There is no one conservative enough for them, is there?
At this point, a Republican could shake hands with Obama and Freep would disown them.

Morkyz posted:

Freep: As long as we're not using the N word, it's not racism! :fsmug:

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 12, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Acquilae posted:

At this point, a Republican could shake hands with Obama and Freep would disown them.

This is why we have Senator Rubio instead of Senator Crist in Florida. Obama visited the state right after the stimulus passed and Charlie Crist gave him a big hug on stage. He was instantly run out of the GOP.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
I like how that guy thinks that everyone else thinks being mixed race is a strike against someone.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Mind Loving Owl posted:

I like how that guy thinks that everyone else thinks being mixed race is a strike against someone.

That's pretty much the belief of any white supremacist. They think that mixed race marriages is tantamount to mutual genocide.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

As a trans person I'm offended by dalereed not thinking my letter of the LGBT alphabet is worth capitalization :colbert:
[/quote]

Because he's actually talking about the peace of RNA that carries the literally gay genes.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Blarghalt posted:

That's pretty much the belief of any white supremacist. They think that mixed race marriages is tantamount to mutual genocide.

Yeah but the guy's bullshit story implied this would offend the unspecified female government employee as well. Also probably no accident he made her a woman.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Acquilae posted:

Freep: As long as we're not using the N word, it's not racism! :fsmug:
You must also abide by the proper English rules, because if you don't it just isn't racist
Is using this N-word (niggardly) a firing offense?

quote:

To: ConservativeStatement
He filed a complaint saying a counselor called him "n----- dumb" in a June meeting...
Niggardly dumb? That makes no sense.

Someone is lying.

16 posted on 11/8/2011 5:25:11 AM by Fresh Wind ('People have got to know whether or not their President is a crook.' Richard M. Nixon)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Fresh Wind
I thought the same thing.

He said 'He filed a complaint saying a counselor called him "n---- dumb"...' Two adjectives might work with different punctuation: "n----, dumb". Niggardly is an adjective. The racial insult is a noun. In the phrase above are two adjectives not an adjective+noun. (Note that no one uses the so-called insult: noun+adjective. It is "dumb n----".)

Someone is lying. It sounds like the one who is reporting the insult.

29 posted on 11/8/2011 8:21:02 AM by nonsporting
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RightFighter
I will continue the use of the word niggardly to mean miserly, just as I continue the use of the word gay to mean
cheery, and queer to mean odd. I refuse to relegate my vocabulary to those who would wish to change it.

23 posted on 11/8/2011 6:41:54 AM by Fireone (Heating the tar and readying the feathers.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Tax Government
Hmmm.
All agencies that have to deal with the illiterate of a certain subculture must learn ebonics?
The real "N" word is prominent in ebonics, too.

Maybe the PC bureaucrats need to compile a list of English words forbidden in a business environment?

We can call it Kindergarten English.

10 posted on 11/8/2011 1:12:41 AM by Publius6961 (My world was lovely, until it was taken over by parasites.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Prism posted:

The villain is Lord Business (because he owns a lot, and this IS Lego) and that is inappropriate according to Fox. So yeah.
Ah but, in the movie, President Business being a businessman is far far backseat to him being President and there's not even a trace of anti-consumerism in the movie. It's all about being yourself and going your own way and President Business isn't bad because he does business but because he wants to control everything and...keep anything from changing ever...

Holy poo poo it IS an anti-conservative movie!

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

I'm just really wondering about the ubiquity of the It's a wonderful life metaphor. For some reason there's a lot of lionizing of Mr. Potter in contemporary texts. I'm sort of left wondering... did I imagine half the plot of that movie? I mean as I remember Mr. Potter stole money off the Building and Loan association because George Bailey's uncle was clumsy and kind of dumb. As I remember it, he was a thief that stole money to gently caress over people who engaged in a pro-social system of lending in order to enrich himself.

Even nominally apolitical sources are treating that relationship with a lot of emphasis, most notably the really popular cracked.com's podcasts.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

Seems like every children's film that isn't morally repulsive has something that offends the right wing. Or are that CGI film about filthy alien single mothers.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

What are some movies hard right-wingers like?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Republican Vampire posted:

I'm just really wondering about the ubiquity of the It's a wonderful life metaphor. For some reason there's a lot of lionizing of Mr. Potter in contemporary texts. I'm sort of left wondering... did I imagine half the plot of that movie? I mean as I remember Mr. Potter stole money off the Building and Loan association because George Bailey's uncle was clumsy and kind of dumb. As I remember it, he was a thief that stole money to gently caress over people who engaged in a pro-social system of lending in order to enrich himself.

Even nominally apolitical sources are treating that relationship with a lot of emphasis, most notably the really popular cracked.com's podcasts.
In defense of Scrooge

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Blarghalt posted:

Birth of a Nation? Triumph of the Will? Starship Troopers maybe?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Blarghalt posted:

Atlas Shrugged
Last Ounce Of Courage

I imagine almost everything else is boycotted for some ridiculous reason.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
My dad absolutely loved 2016: Obama's America. It's more a movie for conservatives / the far right, rather than about them or their ideology. Fun fact, the author has been indicted for campaign fraud. Looks like Obummer wins again.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

silvergoose posted:

Al the Fish, the newest character in the hit new drama, Under The Ocean.

He's best friends with my other pet, Eric the fish.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Blarghalt posted:

Red Dawn.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2188125/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2165501/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2181705/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/1396786/posts
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2977937/posts

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Blarghalt posted:

If you can stomach it, watch Act of Valor. I don't mean "if you can stomach it" like Saving Private Ryan, but more like "if you can stomach a movie framed around a letter written by a special forces officer to a dead spec-op's infant son, who he never got got to meet, imploring this tiny child to suppress his emotions and join a death-cult." I'm not exaggerating or putting spin on that. Part of the letter says something like "push your anger down into a tiny glowing ball and then use that rage to murder some stinky terrorist foreigners."

Singularly one of the most right-wing, blood thirsty movies that I've ever seen in my life. It somehow manages to make Inglorious Basterds seem quaint and inoffensive.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Also - Lone Survivor.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Freep hate when the Obamas do anything resembling 'nice' apparently or related to food.

Sacrebleu! At 2,500 calories, state dinner menu is triple Michelle’s ‘healthy’ lunch

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3121989/posts

quote:

To: Sub-Driver
The fat azz didn’t explode on tofu.

5 posted on 2/12/2014 3:59:57 AM by VRWC For Truth (Roberts has perverted the Constitution)

quote:

To: VRWC For Truth
Her azz already outweighs Barry.

13 posted on 2/12/2014 4:47:11 AM by jospehm20

quote:

Wasn’t this state dinner done in a tent? So Khadafi-ish!

9 posted on 2/12/2014 4:12:24 AM by Bushbacker1 (Molon Labe! (Oathkeeper))

There we go. This is probably the most open racism I've seen in a while.

quote:

I hope their stomachs burst and gallbladders explode! Good riddance to these negroid carpetbaggers!

11 posted on 2/12/2014 4:42:54 AM by Doc Savage ("I've shot people I like a lot more,...for a lot less!" Raylan Givins)

quote:

Oink.

15 posted on 2/12/2014 4:55:44 AM by W. (New message for Obamacrats: STFU & GTFO!)

I'm not really sure what he's getting at here, other than potatoes = cheap people food.

quote:

This Administration is potato obsessed. First, Lurch gives the Russians a couple of large spuds as a state gift, now the First Grifters are serving the French a dozen different kind of taters.
LOL

What a bunch of low class clowns.

I think they are saving a big bunch of Tater Tots to fry up if the Israelies cowtow to Lurch's peace plan.

19 posted on 2/12/2014 5:19:30 AM by Lawgvr1955 ( Sic Semper Tyrannis)

quote:

No pictures of the Mooch shoveling into her mouth like usual? Did they outlaw cameras again? Trailer trash would be offended if I called her that.

20 posted on 2/12/2014 5:23:25 AM by freeangel ( (free speech is only good until someone else doesn't like it)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

quote:

24. Team America: World Police (2004): This marionette movie from South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone is hard to categorize as conservative. It’s amazingly vulgar and depicts Americans as wildly overzealous in fighting terror. Yet the film’s utter disgust with air-headed, left-wing celebrity activism remains unmatched in popular culture. As the heroes move to stop a WMD apocalypse, they clash with Alec Baldwin, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, and a host of others, whom they take out with gunfire, sword, and martial arts before saving the day. The movie, like South Park itself, reveals Parker and Stone as the two-headed George Grosz of American satire.

— Brian C. Anderson is editor of City Journal and author of South Park Conservatives.

They really don't get satire, do they?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

They also can't grasp a non-binary worldview and get really confused when a movie makes fun of both conservatives and liberals at the same time.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Could be worse. Could be a South Park Libertarian.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

They also can't grasp a non-binary worldview and get really confused when a movie makes fun of both conservatives and liberals at the same time.

It really says something when South Park and its associated media have a more nuanced worldview than you.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Could be worse. Could be a South Park Libertarian.

Perhaps the truth is... Somewhere in the middle?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Plinkey posted:

There we go. This is probably the most open racism I've seen in a while.

That post has been deleted, apparently "negroid" is still just a tad too close to "friend of the family" to be acceptable. "Negro" is perfectly alright though, of course.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Rokstar posted:

That post has been deleted, apparently "negroid" is still just a tad too close to "friend of the family" to be acceptable. "Negro" is perfectly alright though, of course.

Confirmed: racism is contained entirely in the letter "i".

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Notorious QIG posted:

Confirmed: racism is contained entirely in the letter "i".

Saying that proves that "u" is the real racist letter.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Blarghalt posted:

Actual good movies with values that are fairly ostensibly conservative? I can only think of a few offhand:

The first Rocky movie, and the spaghetti westerns that Clint Eastwood did like The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, The Shawshank Redemption, some others. Entertainment often transcends politics, which is why you get shits like Paul Ryan naming Rage Against the Machine as their favorite band, or Chris Christie being a huge Boss fan.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Freepers love any movie about war. Even if it's very explicitly anti-war, they will interpret it as being pro-war anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Freepers love any movie about war. Even if it's very explicitly anti-war, they will interpret it as being pro-war anyway.

loving Full Metal Jacket. God loving dammit.

• Locked thread