Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for posting it.

Wow, only 6 fatties? I guess with the card fountains via planeswalkers that's all you need. You're pretty much guaranteed to draw at least 1 per game.

I've died to Xenegos Satyrs playing that deck much more than to any of the "Monsters"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

What is BR Humans plan against Sylvan Caryatid? Weep quietly and pray for Madcap Skills? What about Electrickery to kill it post-combat?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Tharizdun posted:

What is BR Humans plan against Sylvan Caryatid? Weep quietly and pray for Madcap Skills? What about Electrickery to kill it post-combat?

Get around it with Mogis Marauder's intimidate? Boarding in Devour Flesh seems like a bad idea since you don't want to be moving the finish line while racing.

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010

Tharizdun posted:

I'm trying a BR humans list similar to the blitz lists that saw brief play prior to Theros rotating in. They utilized battle tricks like Dynacharge and Weapon Surge, along with the usual hasty-yet-tasty weenies. One thing I'm worried about is that the previous lists tried their darnedest to break BTE with Lightning Mauler, and that doesn't really exist in the format at the moment. I'm also thinking of maining Thoughtseizes, as the list would fold to any number of the new sweepers in BNG.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Jimmy Colorado posted:

I'm also thinking of maining Thoughtseizes, as the list would fold to any number of the new sweepers in BNG.

Actually, it doesn't automatically fold to sweepers, due to Xathrid Necromancer. That is kind of the point of the list, actually. They can sweep if they want, but then they just have a field full of 2/2s ready to bash their head in. And unless they do it after turn 4 or 5 (where they are probably already redlined), they have to basically tap out for it.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for posting it.

Wow, only 6 fatties? I guess with the card fountains via planeswalkers that's all you need. You're pretty much guaranteed to draw at least 1 per game.

There are 8 fatties in that list, 3 arbor colossus, 4 polukranos, and a ruric thar for good measure. And a grip of mistcutters in the sideboard. Not a ton, but certainly enough. Keep in mind the scooze as well, which can get pretty fat if someone lets it go.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I am a really inexperienced player, I play mostly commander games with my friends every now and then, and I would like some feedback on my monowhite deck, with Kataki, War's Wage as my commander.

Tappedout link.

I have some other more conventional EDH decks, but I really want this to work. Keep in mind I don't know the jargon all that well. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the name sucks.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Fanzay posted:

I am a really inexperienced player, I play mostly commander games with my friends every now and then, and I would like some feedback on my monowhite deck, with Kataki, War's Wage as my commander.

Tappedout link.

I have some other more conventional EDH decks, but I really want this to work. Keep in mind I don't know the jargon all that well. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the name sucks.

Maybe you could replace Hopeful Eidolon with Dust Elemental? It's a 6/6, only costs 4, and has Flying and Fear, which are great, and Flash, which tops it off. Ghostly Prison is a good addition as well, since it's an earlier Sphere of Safety that is an always "Pay 2" instead of "Pay X" - it's ability should stack with Sphere's as well. If your playgroup has a lot of Black and Green stuff, try out Mirran Crusader so you can get an efficient beater in, along with any type of equipment or enchantment.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

Jank station talk:

I'm feeling pretty silly with my decks lately, so I've put together this build and have been tuning it while testing against a few other decks:

Deck: Tactical Mill

//Lands
8 Island
8 Swamp
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Watery Grave

//Spells
4 Hero's Downfall
4 Thoughtseize
4 Dimir Charm
4 Bile Blight
4 Triton Tactics

//Creatures
4 Hover Barrier
4 Murmuring Phantasm
4 Phenax, God of Deception
4 Wall of Frost

//Sideboard
4 Negate
4 Drown in Sorrow
4 Ultimate Price
3 Cyclonic Rift

Display deck statistics

It's at the point I was beating GR monsters, white weenie and a W/R Brimaz/Purphoros brew with a pretty respectable win rate, time to take it to FNM to crash it up against the endless hordes of RDW, mono blue devotion and mono black devotion that compose 90% of my local area. I think it should do pretty well, the decks I'm actually most worried about are UW control/Esper control, oddly enough.

Not entirely sure if I'm completely sold on the dimir charms or bile blights yet - while they've been pretty solid in keeping me alive long enough to go off, I feel like there might be better options I just haven't found yet. Maybe I'm crazy/wrong about that though. They do pretty handily deal with a few problem cards - master of waves, pack rat, boros reckoner, nightveil specter, etc., so I suppose I can't complain.

I cannot stress how hilarious it is to watch opponents when I tell them "Mill for 13, Triton Tactics, Mill for 19, Triton Tactics, Mill for 25, Go."

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

kas posted:

It's at the point I was beating GR monsters, white weenie and a W/R Brimaz/Purphoros brew with a pretty respectable win rate, time to take it to FNM to crash it up against the endless hordes of RDW, mono blue devotion and mono black devotion that compose 90% of my local area. I think it should do pretty well, the decks I'm actually most worried about are UW control/Esper control, oddly enough.

Not entirely sure if I'm completely sold on the dimir charms or bile blights yet - while they've been pretty solid in keeping me alive long enough to go off, I feel like there might be better options I just haven't found yet. Maybe I'm crazy/wrong about that though. They do pretty handily deal with a few problem cards - master of waves, pack rat, boros reckoner, nightveil specter, etc., so I suppose I can't complain.

I cannot stress how hilarious it is to watch opponents when I tell them "Mill for 13, Triton Tactics, Mill for 19, Triton Tactics, Mill for 25, Go."

Why Murmuring Phantasm over Mnemonic Wall? CMC?

ManiacMatt
Feb 28, 2007

This is not the pleasure planet I was promised!
So I have been toying around with a weird Bw deck I've brewed together with the cards I have acquired since getting back into MTG. It leads to a lot of interesting interactions, but I would love some suggestions. Keep in mind, for the most part, the expensive cards I have in the deck are ones I've opened either drafting or prizes. So this is why I don't have more mutavaults or hero's downfalls or shock lands. Anyways, here's a tapped out link.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tokens-to-victory/

I'm thinking I might put pack rat in the deck, but not sure what to take out. With whip it can even come back late game, whip it out and copy it. Gnawing zombie might be an option against aggro to slow them down a bit (returned phalanx also a possibility as it would actually kill what it blocked against aggro as well)

Thanks guys, I will probably bring some version of this to the BNG Game Day locally.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

kas posted:

Jank station talk:

I'm feeling pretty silly with my decks lately, so I've put together this build and have been tuning it while testing against a few other decks:

Display deck statistics

Dude. Duress. You want 4 of those bad boys in your side board vs. control because you absolutely can't allow a Supreme Verdict to go off.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

OssiansFolly posted:

Why Murmuring Phantasm over Mnemonic Wall? CMC?

Costs far less mana, doesn't get blown up by mizzium mortars, doesn't fight Phenax for the 5-drop slot, mills for more and is typically ready to go by the time Phenax hits the table. This deck needs to mill as fast as possible to win - ideally a turn 6 kill - or it tends to get blown out when big threats start dropping around that time. If I have to dump multiple 5 drops down to get going, I'm already falling too far behind.

AlternateNu posted:

Dude. Duress. You want 4 of those bad boys in your side board vs. control because you absolutely can't allow a Supreme Verdict to go off.

I feel incredibly silly now for forgetting about this card entirely. I think I had thoughtseize tunnel vision. That certainly does help with the control matchup, haha.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Why no Jace Memory Adept? He's easily Phenax 5-8 and gives you draw outs when you're way behind on board.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

kas posted:

I'd personally drop 2 Bile Blights for 2 Drown in Sorrow, and drop the 4 Dimir Charms and 1 Triton Tactics for 3 Underworld Connections and 2 Jace.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Balon posted:

I'd personally drop 2 Bile Blights for 2 Drown in Sorrow, and drop the 4 Dimir Charms and 1 Triton Tactics for 3 Underworld Connections and 2 Jace.

I would personally drop the Hovering Barriers for a mix of Jace IIIs and Ashioks (probably 1 and 3 respectively), and find a way to squeeze in a couple maindecked Duress. You have no second win condition (without the Ashioks/Jaces at least), and even point creature destruction renders your deck toothless.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AlternateNu posted:

I would personally drop the Hovering Barriers for a mix of Jace IIIs and Ashioks (probably 1 and 3 respectively), and find a way to squeeze in a couple maindecked Duress. You have no second win condition (without the Ashioks/Jaces at least), and even point creature destruction renders your deck toothless.

Nothing feels like an auto-win at FNM like seeing Ashiok across the table from you.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

So I've decided that I hate fun. Anyone who's played me in modern can attest to that. So in my continued attempt to ruin everyone's day, I've decided to try to make a modern Death and Taxes deck. I've got kind of a rough template of where I'm going with it. The problem is I'm ok at starting decks, but I'm really bad at finishing them. I have 11 cards to cut and no idea where to start.

http://deckbox.org/sets/604196

I'm pretty much going for the usual stuff; Thalia and Gaddock shut them down and mostly white creatures do their thing by being above the curve, with Path and Mangara/Flickerwisp for spot removal. Judge's Familiar is pretty much my Cursecatcher. I was thinking about Thorn of Amethyst for extra lockdown but I'm not entirely sure it's necessary. Most of these are things I already had, with the exception of Gaddock, who I want some amount of, so I probably missed some stuff. I'm not going to buy any extra Goyfs or anything, but I don't mind putting $a few into it. I really wanted Batterskull, but the lack of Stoneforge hurts, and it doesn't play nice with Gaddock otherwise. The Swords are pretty much just what I had lying around. I think I have an extra SoFI if that would be preferable over/with Feast and Famine, which it probably would, given my general lack of a need for lands.

My first thoughts are the pump-my-guys enchantments, Archetype, and at least 1 ScOoze can probably go. I don't know about Silverblade, but he seems like he'd lead to some crazy blowouts with Aether Vial. I'm trying not to have to rely on the Vials to keep my guys alive, Student, Goyf, Brimaz, and KotR are there just to give me some guys who are above the curve. Serra Avenger is pretty good but annoyingly Boltable, especially if I do take out the boosting enchantments. Hero of Bladehold is another great option but I'm trying to keep my guys cheap and almost entirely in the 2-3 range for Vial purposes. Same for Loxodon Hierarch.

So anyway, my initial thoughts,
-1-2 Scooze
-1 Archetype
-1-3 Serra Avenger
-2 Pump Enchantments?
-1 Silverblade?
-1 KotR?
-1+ land? There's really nothing expensive, topping out at Thalia'd Swords at 4.

Anyway, what would you cut? What obvious card am I missing that I absolutely need? How bad is this idea? So bad, right?

And a general question: say I'm playing Living End/Restore Balance and I respond to their Cascade by Vialing Thalia in. If they can't pay the 1 extra, they can't cast it, right? I was considering splashing blue for Meddling Mage just to hose those 2 decks, because I don't see how I'd have any real chance against them otherwise.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

So I've decided that I hate fun. Anyone who's played me in modern can attest to that. So in my continued attempt to ruin everyone's day, I've decided to try to make a modern Death and Taxes deck. I've got kind of a rough template of where I'm going with it. The problem is I'm ok at starting decks, but I'm really bad at finishing them. I have 11 cards to cut and no idea where to start.

I'm pretty much going for the usual stuff; Thalia and Gaddock shut them down and mostly white creatures do their thing by being above the curve, with Path and Mangara/Flickerwisp for spot removal. Judge's Familiar is pretty much my Cursecatcher. I was thinking about Thorn of Amethyst for extra lockdown but I'm not entirely sure it's necessary. Most of these are things I already had, with the exception of Gaddock, who I want some amount of, so I probably missed some stuff. I'm not going to buy any extra Goyfs or anything, but I don't mind putting $a few into it. I really wanted Batterskull, but the lack of Stoneforge hurts, and it doesn't play nice with Gaddock otherwise. The Swords are pretty much just what I had lying around. I think I have an extra SoFI if that would be preferable over/with Feast and Famine, which it probably would, given my general lack of a need for lands.

My first thoughts are the pump-my-guys enchantments, Archetype, and at least 1 ScOoze can probably go. I don't know about Silverblade, but he seems like he'd lead to some crazy blowouts with Aether Vial. I'm trying not to have to rely on the Vials to keep my guys alive, Student, Goyf, Brimaz, and KotR are there just to give me some guys who are above the curve. Serra Avenger is pretty good but annoyingly Boltable, especially if I do take out the boosting enchantments. Hero of Bladehold is another great option but I'm trying to keep my guys cheap and almost entirely in the 2-3 range for Vial purposes. Same for Loxodon Hierarch.

-1-2 Scooze
-1 Archetype
-1-3 Serra Avenger
-2 Pump Enchantments?
-1 Silverblade?
-1 KotR?
-1+ land? There's really nothing expensive, topping out at Thalia'd Swords at 4.

Anyway, what would you cut? What obvious card am I missing that I absolutely need? How bad is this idea? So bad, right?

And a general question: say I'm playing Living End/Restore Balance and I respond to their Cascade by Vialing Thalia in. If they can't pay the 1 extra, they can't cast it, right? I was considering splashing blue for Meddling Mage just to hose those 2 decks, because I don't see how I'd have any real chance against them otherwise.

-1 Tarmogoyf, I don't see why he's in the deck, and he's mediocre as a one-of. I think you should replace Student of Warfare, Silverblade Paladin, and one KoTR with 3 Stillmoon Cavaliers, they have Protection from most kill spells except Bolt, have evasion, and can TOKE IT UP through the pump. Also Dullahans are cool.

I'd also cut the Mangara's (no Karakas, Flickerwisp interaction ain't worth it) in favor of upping the Arbiters and Scoozes. Other than that I think your list is fine, unsure about the Archetype though, maybe put another HotP there instead? I'd happily trade the extra Arbiters and Scoozes to you if you need them.

That's all my two cents, although I'm known to be a pretty poo poo player, losing with my Jund deck all the time. \/:shobon:\/

neetengie fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 12, 2014

Mulletstation
May 9, 2004

mo' mullets mo' problems

kas posted:

Jank station talk:

//Lands
8 Island
8 Swamp
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Watery Grave

//Spells
4 Hero's Downfall
4 Thoughtseize
4 Dimir Charm
4 Bile Blight
4 Triton Tactics

//Creatures
4 Hover Barrier
4 Murmuring Phantasm
4 Phenax, God of Deception
4 Wall of Frost

//Sideboard
4 Negate
4 Drown in Sorrow
4 Ultimate Price
3 Cyclonic Rift

Display deck statistics

I'm glad someone built this.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
No love for Doorkeeper in any of these Phenax mill decks?

suicidesteve posted:

I know you're asking which cards to cut, but would Sword of War and Peace be better here? I've not played D&T but it seems like your opponent would be hanging on to more cards than they normally would, given the extra costs, so the Sword's burn ability would be especially good. Plus it gives pro-red so you don't have to worry about Bolt, which you mentioned.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 12, 2014

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

C-Euro posted:

No love for Doorkeeper in any of these Phenax mill decks?

I have 4 in my build (primarily because I realized I didn't have any Murmuring Phantasms). The problem is, he is only 4 defense, and you might as well just run Frostburn Weird for more devotion to turn Phenax on and to have a dude that can actually kill poo poo if needed.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

suicidesteve posted:

-1-2 Scooze
-1 Archetype
-1-3 Serra Avenger
-2 Pump Enchantments?
-1 Silverblade?
-1 KotR?

Here is a friends list he is working on. http://deckbox.org/sets/576298

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Have any of you murdergoaters done any post BotG FNMs (so far just the one)? I don't think I'll make it to the next 2-3 FNMs, so I thought I'd see what people have been finding. I'm concerned about the impact revoke existence and unravel the aether will have on the various decks. Four of the top 8 SCG Open decks had one of those two cards either main or sideboard (mostly sideboard). I already had a pretty good mono blue matchup, and that doesn't get any worse, but UW/x and Orzhov Control, already bad matchups, get worse.
For reference, here's generally what I'm running.
I thought that BotG would have a bigger impact on our deck, and I want to find a place for satyr firedancer and searing blood, but those cards are good against the decks that this is already good against. I don't think we found any new great tools against UW/x or Orzhov Control, unless there's something I'm missing.
I'm tempted to make this Jund or Borzhov Murdergoats to splash enchantment hate, as those sometimes give us trouble, but I don't think the pain from our lands is worth that. I'd love to have a more efficient answer to detention sphere than ratchet bomb...

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Malgrin posted:

Have any of you murdergoaters done any post BotG FNMs (so far just the one)? I don't think I'll make it to the next 2-3 FNMs, so I thought I'd see what people have been finding. I'm concerned about the impact revoke existence and unravel the aether will have on the various decks. Four of the top 8 SCG Open decks had one of those two cards either main or sideboard (mostly sideboard). I already had a pretty good mono blue matchup, and that doesn't get any worse, but UW/x and Orzhov Control, already bad matchups, get worse.
For reference, here's generally what I'm running.
I thought that BotG would have a bigger impact on our deck, and I want to find a place for satyr firedancer and searing blood, but those cards are good against the decks that this is already good against. I don't think we found any new great tools against UW/x or Orzhov Control, unless there's something I'm missing.
I'm tempted to make this Jund or Borzhov Murdergoats to splash enchantment hate, as those sometimes give us trouble, but I don't think the pain from our lands is worth that. I'd love to have a more efficient answer to detention sphere than ratchet bomb...

I don't have the Phoenix and I run A LOT more removal. I have 4 Dreadbore, 3 Hero's Downfall, 2 Ultimate Price and 1 Doom Blade. Then I have 3 Mizzium Mortars, 2 Ratchet Bombs and 2 Drown in Sorrow for more board clearing. I'd look at what bhsman has in his deck (you can click the Goats in his avatar to link to his deck when TappedOut comes back online).

I personally went 4-1 last week only losing to a Red Devotion deck...it was just too fast for me to deal with anything which is why I added more Mortars and Drown in Sorrow.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm thinking of building a white weenies deck on a serious budget. Here's more or less what I've got:

Deck: Trailer Trash

//Lands
20 Plains

//Creatures
4 Soldier of the Pantheon
3 Boros Elite
4 Dryad Militant
4 Daring Skyjek
4 Precinct Captain
3 Imposing Sovereign
3 Banisher Priest
3 Eidolon of Countless Battles
2 Fiendslayer Paladin
2 Frontline Medic

//Other
2 Gods Willing
4 Brave The Elements
2 Ajani, Caller of the Pride

//Sideboard
2 Heliod, God of the Sun
3 Acolyte's Reward
2 Blind Obedience
2 Spear of Heliod
3 Celestial Flare
3 Revoke Existence

You'll notice some conspicuous absences on account of price (Mutavault, Brimaz), but otherwise I'm looking for tweaks to keep this thing on the cheap. Naturally I'm not going to be going far in FNM with this, but it's nice to have a standard deck I can pull out regularly.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
The lack of Spear of Heliod in the mainboard is especially glaring considering what Drown in Sorrow can do to your deck. Maining Fiendslayer also strikes me as a bit odd but maybe it best fits your curve.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
At the very least you need to go up to 4 Banisher Priests. Gotta have removal.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The only thing I can say about Revoke Existence/Unravel the Aether is I'm not going to worry about until people start bothering to put it in their sideboards? :shrug: Even then, just prioritize casting Slaughter Games first, if possible.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

inthesto posted:

I'm thinking of building a white weenies deck on a serious budget. Here's more or less what I've got:

Deck: Trailer Trash

//Lands
20 Plains

//Creatures
4 Soldier of the Pantheon
3 Boros Elite
4 Dryad Militant
4 Daring Skyjek
4 Precinct Captain
3 Imposing Sovereign
3 Banisher Priest
3 Eidolon of Countless Battles
2 Fiendslayer Paladin
2 Frontline Medic

//Other
2 Gods Willing
4 Brave The Elements
2 Ajani, Caller of the Pride

//Sideboard
2 Heliod, God of the Sun
3 Acolyte's Reward
2 Blind Obedience
2 Spear of Heliod
3 Celestial Flare
3 Revoke Existence

You'll notice some conspicuous absences on account of price (Mutavault, Brimaz), but otherwise I'm looking for tweaks to keep this thing on the cheap. Naturally I'm not going to be going far in FNM with this, but it's nice to have a standard deck I can pull out regularly.

I played a version of this with red splash purely for boros charms and had some decent success. You should sideboard the paladins and mainboard the spears. Always play them on t3 if you can and have some creatures out. I also ran 4 boros elite and people haaate seeing multiples of those drop on t2. I also ran 4 banisher priests and 22 lands but im not sure how much difference it made.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I'm getting interested in graveyard antics, and am currently working on a Karador EDH deck. I'm short around 30 cards though, not too sure what else to stick in here. One of my gambits is discarding to Lotleth and recurring the discarded stuff with the general. What other graveyard plays can I stick in here?

Karador

Cauldron Moose
Dec 25, 2010

Actually a duck
So I've been wanting to make a deck that abuses the interaction between Kiora's Follower and Illusionist's Bracers, and I've come up with this awful pile of rubbish.

//Lands
4 Breeding Pool
6 Forest
8 Island
4 Temple of Mystery

//Spells
3 Biomass Mutation
4 Illusionist's Bracers
2 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
4 Oracle's Insight
4 Retraction Helix

//Creatures
2 Arbiter of the Ideal
2 Aerie Worshippers
2 Sphinx's Disciple
2 Elvish Mystic
4 Kiora's Follower
4 Mistcutter Hydra
1 Nylea, God of the Hunt
4 Sylvan Caryatid

Now, don't get me wrong. I know this is awful. I do however find the idea of drawing my whole deck then either winning through a gigantic hydra or turning all my guys into huge X/X creatures with biomass mutation too hilarious to not try. Basic idea is ramp up, then combo off unlimited untaps from the kiora's followers. This gives unlimited mana of any colour by untapping the Caryatids (or just land)unlimited card draw (and Scry) through Oracle's insight, a Cyclonic rift with retraction helix.

I can then use the unlimited Mana with mistcutter hydra, biomass mutation or by repeatedly untapping Aerie Worshippers for a huge army of birds. Birds that could then be made bigger with Biomass Mutation. 1-of Nylea is there for trample/buffs for creatures, and is probably straight up better than biomass mutation since mana costs shouldn't be a problem, and Nylea gives trample.

Basically it's the worst combo deck since it needs a ton of cards to work. Anyone got any ideas how it could be better/make it more consistent? I really like illusionist's bracers and really want to make them usable.

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
Check it out, rip it apart, and put it to the test.

Deck: defender mill

//Lands
4 Breeding Pool
2 Forest
2 Island
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Temple of Deceit
4 Temple of Mystery
4 Watery Grave

//Spells
4 Cyclonic Rift
4 Devour Flesh
4 Hero's Downfall

//Creatures
4 Axebane Guardian
4 Doorkeeper
4 Hover Barrier
4 Prophet of Kruphix
4 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Wall of Frost

Display deck statistics

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

You forgot Phenax?

edit: I'd probably run Putrefy over Devour Flesh, unless you plan on Devouring yourself.

Peepers fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 13, 2014

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
Doorkeeper does not need the help of these so called gods.

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
I agree with the putrify statement...and with Sleep of Bronze.

Also the side board is looking like abrupt decay, shredding winds, and a rakdos return with more coming soon.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
So AJ was playing this wild deck tonight and other than lacking the offensive punch at times to quickly end a game, it had some serious game and fun interactions. Hard to imagine this cracking out of tier 2-3 for Modern but who knows? Apparently TWoo came up with the idea, Greg Hatch tweaked it a bunch, and AJ put his touches on it.

This sideboarded but gives you an idea of whats going on.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Korak posted:

So AJ was playing this wild deck tonight and other than lacking the offensive punch at times to quickly end a game, it had some serious game and fun interactions. Hard to imagine this cracking out of tier 2-3 for Modern but who knows? Apparently TWoo came up with the idea, Greg Hatch tweaked it a bunch, and AJ put his touches on it.

This sideboarded but gives you an idea of whats going on.

What are the usual targets for Commandeer?

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

alphabrawl posted:

I'm getting interested in graveyard antics, and am currently working on a Karador EDH deck. I'm short around 30 cards though, not too sure what else to stick in here. One of my gambits is discarding to Lotleth and recurring the discarded stuff with the general. What other graveyard plays can I stick in here?

Karador

I had an insane Karador deck for a while, I put a lot of money into it but took it apart after a couple of months because it was too powerful and unfun for everyone else involved. I recommend lots of creatures that do stuff when they enter the battlefield. Reveillark, Karmic Guide, Eternal Witness, Fleshbag Marauder, Rune-scarred Demon. I didn't really run a lot of big beaters, but you have Lord of Extinction which is one of my favorite creatures of all time and he did wonders in that deck. Most of my creatures were around 1-2 cmc though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
Doorkeeper mill now with SIDEBOARD!!!

Deck: defender mill

//Lands
4 Breeding Pool
2 Forest
2 Island