Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Blackchamber posted:

MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG MG
GM. You are diving me crazy here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

SpikeMcclane posted:

GM. You are diving me crazy here.

Thaaaaaats what he was getting at. Thank you. For the life of me I couldn't understand why he kept talking about Master Grade's when they were clearly 1/144

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Renato Brothers reminded me of the Frost Brothers from X. Maybe their drive to dominate is fueled by being told that their model looked terrible and that they'd never amount to anything sometime in the past?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Maybe they're just two assholes who lost a fight and this is a super long and super goon discussion that literally goes nowhere and is arguing over nothing!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Amateurs talk about tactics, professionals study logistics.

For all their talk about war, in the end they had one neat trick, but Kawaguchi kept better track of his supplies. It's the story of nearly every war ever fought.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Maybe they're just two assholes who lost a fight and this is a super long and super goon discussion that literally goes nowhere and is arguing over nothing!

Much like this anime is a super long and super goon series of battles that literally go nowhere and accomplish nothing and that's a plot point. :smuggo:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Much like this anime is a super long and super goon series of battles that literally go nowhere and accomplish nothing and that's a plot point. :smuggo:

You just watch when it is revealed the losers of every match are ritually sacrificed to the Plamo Gods between rounds.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ImpAtom posted:

"guess the RG Build Knuckle is stronger than the Maoh Saber."

Me, I think Star Build Strike was juicing. :colbert:

Somehow. :colbert:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

paragon1 posted:

Me, I think Star Build Strike was juicing. :colbert:

Somehow. :colbert:

Well, that's pretty much what the plavsky absorbing gimmick is.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
So now that the Kampfer Amazing has got its rear end beat I wonder if they'll do an end of the season upgrade for Meijin, it's like totally a Char thing to do and Bandai can sell a new kit. Hell it has to be red, how can you have a final badguy suit that isn't red?

Don't get me wrong I love the Kampfer, but something like a red Delta Gundam Amazing would be suitable. Or hell make a drat Hi Nu Gundam Amazing or a Nightengale Amazing and blow some minds.

Amazing.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Faltion posted:

Hell it has to be red, how can you have a final badguy suit that isn't red?

Ask Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Z Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, ∀ Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 2nd Season, and Mobile Suit Gundam AGE.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

Ask Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Z Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, ∀ Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Mobile Suit Gundam 00 2nd Season, and Mobile Suit Gundam AGE.

Reborns was red and they retconned Zeheart's mecha to be red in the movie.

Anyway, I expect the Kampfer to be repaired. It's fighting the SBS in the opening.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yuuki literally has a pit crew to help fix his Kampfer. Though to be honest, I'd like it if he took the opportunity to retool it a little.

Speaking of, Miss Sazabi and Exia Dark Matter have already been revealed, but we still haven't heard any word of that new Build Booster. It'll probably just be the Exia's, but I'd say there's still enough time for one last upgrade to the Build Strike.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't remember the last time the protagonist didn't get a late-series power up in a Gundam show. Sei'll almost certainly get one.

I want to know when or how we're going to see Aqua Mode considering the next fights seem to be Japanese Garden, Space and then (if the OP is to be believed) a burning active volcano. I doubt the Exia or Miss Sazabi will fight underwater either.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 12, 2014

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

ImpAtom posted:

Reborns was red and they retconned Zeheart's mecha to be red in the movie.

Reborns Gundam is whiter than the White Devil, and neither of these are the final boss anyway (0 and SID, no matter how stupid SID's existence is).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

Reborns Gundam is whiter than the White Devil, and neither of these are the final boss anyway (0 and SID, no matter how stupid SID's existence is).

Sid isn't in the movie and Reborn is pretty drat red in contrast to the blue of the Riser. Not like it matters, the rest you posted are right.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Did they ever make a Master Grade of Reborns Gundam?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Did they ever make a Master Grade of Reborns Gundam?

No, the only MGs to come out of 00 was Setsuna's stuff and the GN-X.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TARDISman posted:

Which is sad because the Dynames is basically better than everything Setsuna piloted ever.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

TARDISman posted:

Fun fact: we got the MG GN-X because a higher up was asked which 00 suit was his favorite.

00 had some fairly solid 1/100s. Not MG level of course, but they're still a thing. And no, the Reborns didn't get a 1/100 either. :negative:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Double post but

BlitzBlast posted:

Speaking of, Miss Sazabi and Exia Dark Matter have already been revealed, but we still haven't heard any word of that new Build Booster. It'll probably just be the Exia's, but I'd say there's still enough time for one last upgrade to the Build Strike.

ImpAtom posted:

I can't remember the last time the protagonist didn't get a late-series power up in a Gundam show. Sei'll almost certainly get one.

yep.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What's it named out of interest? I'd honestly be surprised if after Allan's reaction to how badly the suit got damaged this episode he doesn't upgrade the Kampfer Amazing or make a new suit entirely. None of the existing silhouettes appear to match their aesthetic though.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
There's no given name for it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm guessing Build Star Freedom or something similar to that. Replace the shoulder cannons with Satellite Cannons :getin:.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Build Galaxy Gundam, Now with star and planet shaped funnels or something :getin:

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I swear to god the last suit Sei and Reiji use will be the Build EZ-8 cause they have shown or named every suit from the 8th MS team but that one.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hahahaha holy poo poo.

If you're wondering, it's from the prequel manga.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

BlitzBlast posted:

Double post but

yep.

I can't begin to explain how happy I am that that is not a freedom gundam derivative, judging by the silhouette.

Edit: it's got strikes big feet and ankles, and the rims at the top of the calves, and build strikes shoulders. It's probably just a new striker pack that helps to overcome everyone whose not an idiot figuring out how the absorb shield works.

Artum fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 13, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, you know what I feel bad for? The Build Mk.II. That's a mecha that never got to do anything.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Darth Walrus posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo.

That's amazing. There's a prequel manga?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

There is but it isn't very good. It's about younger Yuuki learning about Gunpla with the help of his catgirl maid and Killua from Hunter x Hunter his mentor.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Build Fighters Amazing. You can guess who it stars.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Man, you know what I feel bad for? The Build Mk.II. That's a mecha that never got to do anything.
As much as I hate to say it, the Build Mk.II has sadly become the "backup Gunpla in case the lead Gunpla is down" unit. The only thing it really has done is....get Sei and Reiji into the World Tournament. And that was only because Sei and Reiji trashed the Build Strike fighting Yuuki.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

In retrospect it's easy to see now why the HG Build Mk. II was such a lazy conversion. It's amazing they even bothered with making a MG of it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It was explicitly a backup Gundam, and it did its job well. It existing also meant the Build Strike was free to get trashed without Sei having to kill himself repairing it in a night.

And hell, it finished off the Apsalus, took down the DX, and rocked a game of Tamaire. Way better than the Orbital or the Exia RII. :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You know, that Nyaia Gundam might've just become my new favourite immediatly entirely because holy poo poo that's really loving weird. I'm sad that it appears in the manga and not in the anime because I'd love to see this thing animated. That's hilarious. Up there with the Nether Gundam and other G Gundam designs, despite being a SEED Destiny custom.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Darth Walrus posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo.

C'mon Bandai, you did like 5 different versions of the loving Astraea, and god knows how many different Astrays. The World needs this.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm still mad about Orbital's shameful performance.

Darth Walrus posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo.

Speaking as a complete beginner to the art of Gunpla, how hard will it be to replace the head of that cat Gundam with the torso of the Beargguy III?

The possibility of building a ursine, feline, centaur robot will probably be the thing that tips me into the Gunpla abyss.
poo poo, followed the link and that cat form is only the transformed version and not an actual head. No possibility for centaur :negative:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So they make this cat-abomination, and no Abigorbine? That is an insult! :colbert:

(I actually find it hilarious.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That's not an official kit, it's a customized 1/144 Gaia Gundam based off the design from the manga. GG just randomly skipped the page where they actually show the builder's WIP for some reason.

Artum posted:

I can't begin to explain how happy I am that that is not a freedom gundam derivative, judging by the silhouette.

The silhouette is just the Build Strike Full Package. Almost all "preview" images have used either its or the Build Booster's silhouette to avoid spoiling things. Check out the gunpla commericals at the end of every episode for examples.

Still, the fact that they're releasing a new kit with its own booster while at the same time completely hiding its name means that this thing's going to be important. I'm confident enough in BF's writers to not pull a random villain from nowhere, so it's probably an upgrade to the Build Strike.

Joke option: Sazaki's Counterattack.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 13, 2014

• Locked thread