Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

m2pt5 posted:

E: timg'd for swears

The original is just as funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Look how the screen is oriented. Poor person has to spend all of eternity viewing a sideways screen.

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

Maybe it's hooked up to a Galaga emulator.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Baldbeard posted:

Look how the screen is oriented. Poor person has to spend all of eternity viewing a sideways screen.

Never mind that, the poor bastard's feet are gonna block the airflow to the computer parts in the closed section. :ohdear:

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

PepeSilvia posted:

Maybe it's hooked up to a Galaga emulator.

Please let this picture be true.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gaggins posted:

It's a fake.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Gaggins posted:

He better not be striking a flame in zero-g oxygen rich environment.

A scientist of that caliper should know to vape. :smug:

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Feb 13, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You'd think it'd be way easier to just bake it into the astronaut food.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think the real picture is better anyway.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

He better not be striking a flame in zero-g oxygen rich environment.

A scientist of that caliper should know to vape. :smug:

? caliber.

The International Space Station isn't oxygen-rich, it has 14.7 psi at sea level composition of atmosphere, nitrogen, oxygen and all the other stuff.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
2 pictures from the city-destroying 3" of snow we got in Raleigh, NC today.

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.
If the Olympics had a joke ruining event you could easily qualify.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Ishamael posted:

Is... is this legit?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

cowboythreespeech posted:

Is... is this legit?

South of the Mason-Dixon line, three inches of snow = zombie apocalypse

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Is... is this legit?

No, it was almost 6 inches of snow.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Is... is this legit?

Yeah, traffic was a mess, my 35 minute commute took almost 3 hours. Luckily I avoided the set of the Walking Dead there, that was a bit north of where I was traveling.

Basically here they don't have any snowplows, the de-icing trucks are a joke, and no one has snow tires on their cars. It's just a catastrofuck as soon as it starts coming down heavily. I am from the Buffalo area and I had a hell of a time staying on the road, so it isn't just the result of people unused to snow. The roads are just all iced over and dangerous as hell.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

That's great or sucks or whatever but what the gently caress is up with your red text?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ishamael posted:

Yeah, traffic was a mess, my 35 minute commute took almost 3 hours. Luckily I avoided the set of the Walking Dead there, that was a bit north of where I was traveling.

Basically here they don't have any snowplows, the de-icing trucks are a joke, and no one has snow tires on their cars. It's just a catastrofuck as soon as it starts coming down heavily. I am from the Buffalo area and I had a hell of a time staying on the road, so it isn't just the result of people unused to snow. The roads are just all iced over and dangerous as hell.

This happens in the north and we just deal with the lovely commute and don't set our cars on fire.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Is... is this legit?

Having lived in the south until I moved to New York at the start of winter, I can confirm that people down there will lose their goddamn minds over every little bit of winter weather. People just roll with it up here, but down there I've had my university close in 52ºF weather because light snow flurries started coming down and they were shutting down the bridges.

Stay the gently caress off the roads down there.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ishamael posted:

Ah, good old Glenwood Ave. That road is lovely in the best of weather.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
:ohdear: My sister lives in Raleigh.

She's from Ohio though, so she knows how to deal with snow.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Captain Trips posted:

:ohdear: My sister lives in Raleigh.

She's from Ohio though, so she knows how to deal with snow.

Too bad everyone around her doesn't.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

pik_d posted:

Too bad everyone around her doesn't.

Hence the :ohdear:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If she has half a brain and a lucky schedule she's already hunkered herself down at home with some warm cocoa.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mind the walrus posted:

If she has half a brain and a lucky schedule she's already hunkered herself down at home with some warm cocoa.

Yeah, the first flakes fell in Raleigh around noon, I left work about 11- not because I can't deal with driving in snow, but because poo poo like this happens every time it snows here.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Ishamael posted:

Ah Raleigh how I miss you.

I'm up in Lancaster, PA now and even the snow veterans up here are getting tired of the snow. Took this today before the Winter Storm Pax-Armageddon arrived:

In non-snow related news:

Ignore the demon cow in the back.

:v:

Believe it or not it's a cow "toy" They're placed in farms for the cows to rub up against and play with.

Travic has a new favorite as of 05:01 on Feb 13, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah, I've learned that there's no virtue in being daring. As soon as there's the slightest bit of snow, everything closes down so there's no place to go anyway.

Just put a kettle on to boil for some tea, and watch some movies or open up a good book, snuggle with the cats, post on the internet.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Travic posted:

Ignore the demon cow in the back.

:v:

Believe it or not it's a cow "toy" They're placed in farms for the cows to rub up against and play with.

It looks kinda like Crow's country cousin.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

That's ridiculous. I have snowpiles taller than me here, and have for months. My car has been literally buried in snow. I chipped off an inch of snow that was coating my entire car (to go to the beer store...). It's not that hard to drive in the snow? Like, I realise they don't have many plows/salt trucks down there, but... just drive like you would in a really lovely downpour. In closing,

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

That's ridiculous. I have snowpiles taller than me here, and have for months. My car has been literally buried in snow. I chipped off an inch of snow that was coating my entire car (to go to the beer store...). It's not that hard to drive in the snow? Like, I realise they don't have many plows/salt trucks down there, but... just drive like you would in a really lovely downpour.

It's just a regional thing. I lived in Canada for a minute, but now I live back on the gulf coast and folks aren't used to driving in wimpy amounts of snow, just like people in the northeast get their poo poo wrecked by babytime hurricanes like Sandy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

That's ridiculous. I have snowpiles taller than me here, and have for months. My car has been literally buried in snow. I chipped off an inch of snow that was coating my entire car (to go to the beer store...). It's not that hard to drive in the snow? Like, I realise they don't have many plows/salt trucks down there, but... just drive like you would in a really lovely downpour.

Well I'm sure plowed and salted roads has no real effect on how well people can drive on them.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

That's ridiculous. I have snowpiles taller than me here, and have for months. My car has been literally buried in snow. I chipped off an inch of snow that was coating my entire car (to go to the beer store...). It's not that hard to drive in the snow? Like, I realise they don't have many plows/salt trucks down there, but... just drive like you would in a really lovely downpour. In closing,

Plows and salt trucks make all the difference, and they basically don't exist in the south. I've driven to work in a foot of snow up here, but in the south I've been home stuck for an entire day because the city closed all the roads out of my neighbourhood for an inch of freezing rain.

None of that is an image and a subtropical climate's inability to deal with freezing weather is only mildly funny.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

Pharmaskittle posted:

It's just a regional thing. I lived in Canada for a minute, but now I live back on the gulf coast and folks aren't used to driving in wimpy amounts of snow, just like people in the northeast get their poo poo wrecked by babytime hurricanes like Sandy.

In our defense, we (the people) handled Sandy pretty well. It was everything we built and owned that couldn't take it. It would be like getting an inch of snow in the south and every other house falling down.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

V for Vegas posted:

The original is just as funny.

When I looked it up to see if it was real, I found someone pointed out that Andreas Wank was actually in a skiing event where he did not have a pole in his hand.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

Can you imagine pigeons flying overhead for 14 hours. The amount of poo poo would be catastrophic.

Hey, how'd you know Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds had a deleted scene?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Flyinglemur posted:

That's great or sucks or whatever but what the gently caress is up with your red text?

Who knows?! My parrot has been replaced. But since I didn't want the parrot to begin with, it's a wash.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I think the real picture is better anyway.

I was wondering if it was real too. In retrospect, it should have been clearly not real because the weed is clumped at the bottom of the bag, rather than floating like the eggs are.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hydrolith posted:

I was wondering if it was real too. In retrospect, it should have been clearly not real because the weed is clumped at the bottom of the bag, rather than floating like the eggs are.

Are they like chocolate Easter eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Plastic with candy of some kind inside.

http://www.universetoday.com/101124/happy-easter-sunday-from-the-iss-crew-hunts-easter-eggs-goodies/

• Locked thread